Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Isn't the Tiberon Prime an absolute beast??

mosaickle

It definitely is. When i tried it out in my old Account, It became my favorite Rifle. It can deal with high level enemies without Rivens since Hunter Munitions exist. It's MR 14 so it would take a while to get it but It's worth being in that high of a MR.

11 minutes ago, Doomsknight said:

It's just overated due to Riven. Burst ? Sybaris P deals more damge per burst. Semi ? Latron P deals more damage per bullet. Auto ? A ton of rifles outdamage Tiberon P (poor 42 magazine). It's becoming top tier only because of Riven.

The funny thing is that I still prefer the Tiberon P even if I have no riven for it over my Sybaris P and Latron P. The Tiberon P feels better than those two. This is coming from someone who adored his Sybaris P as well.

1 hour ago, Doomsknight said:

It's just overated due to Riven. Burst ? Sybaris P deals more damge per burst. Semi ? Latron P deals more damage per bullet. Auto ? A ton of rifles outdamage Tiberon P (poor 42 magazine). It's becoming top tier only because of Riven.

That is not correct.

Sustained base dps for the Sybaris P is 368 and for the Tiberon P 405. Once you add the basic mod Point Strike the Tiberon P pulls even more ahead with 496 vs 623 dps. Adding even more crit mods makes the difference even larger. The only time the Sybaris P outdamages the Tiberon P is when looking at a single burst shot without mods which has zero practical relevance.

And since we already at it I also did some calculations for the semi mode.

Sustained base dps Latron P vs Tiberon P without mods: 314 vs 380

with only Point Strike: 448 vs 618

Edited by Ezekeel666

It's a very nice and flexible weapon indeed, if you can provide a good riven mod.

It has become my standard rifle for everything but Eidolon Captures. It works great in Sorties, Kuva Floods, Kuva Survival and anything lower. I really dig the fire mode selection. Those 600,000 Kuva were well invested.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb NSDBL:

Can't check in game but at least the Wiki says it has a max Riven disposition. I thought high dispositions were for 'weaker' weapons...

The dispositions were wildly spread after popularity, assuming the most popular weapons are the most powerful too. Bit of lazy, especially if you regard such "popular" weapons as Braton. There are quite a few unpopular but better than average weapons that can become extremely powerful thanks to the riven mod disposition.

Check https://semlar.com/rivencalc to get some ideas.

Edited by Toran

8 hours ago, NSDBL said:

Can't check in game but at least the Wiki says it has a max Riven disposition. I thought high dispositions were for 'weaker' weapons...

disposition depends on popularity, when the dispositions started tiberon had been played. That's why it has this high disposition. now since tiberon prime is out it's imaginable that the disposition be be reduced

13 hours ago, Doomsknight said:

You forget to account for crit damage which is highly present on the Tib P in burst and semi mode. Sybaris P also needs to reload after 10 bursts, Tib P after 14. Full-auto however seems to be pretty much crap.

It will all depend how soon we can expect its riven dispo to change and where it will end up in the dispo at that point. If it ends up in the middle it will be slightly ahead of sybaris, if it ends up in the most popular group sybaris may still pull ahead due to better rivens.

The general populace only just started looking at Tiberon/Prime objectively after it was announced that it would be primed. Hence why everyone is either raving about how good it is or how crap it is in comparison to other weapons. These are usually the min-maxxers. 

There existed a cult following for the Tiberon loooooooooooooooong before anything hinting at a Primed version existed. Those people would still use it for what it is and not because it's being super hyped at the moment. Yes, it's a nice niche weapon that deserved a primed version, but no it is not beast mode as everyone claims it to be. It's a solid weapon on its own and it's up to you whether or not you feel holds up to its name. 

The reason why it has a 5 point riven disposition is because it wasn't as popular as the Burton Prime or Sybaris Prime. The fact it has 3 firing modes (its the ONLY weapon with that capability) and is versatile in a number of different builds is why it's shares an absurdly high mastery rank with few other weapons. I don't think many new players would appreciate having to figure out a complex weapon while trying to grasp the basics of the game on top of it. The combination of them both is coincidental, and if the riven disposition dropped they better reroll everyone's Tiberon rivens because those rivens would have stats higher than their new bracket. 

Of course that would piss a lot of players off who own the riven and rolled it several times for their ideal stats.