Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tier 3 Amp Prism and Scaffold are WEAK.

(PSN)AbBaNdOn_IGN

I grinded my way through vormalysts to get to Rank 2 with quills.  After that I started learning how to fight Terralysts and building weapons/frames to get shards.   I only put in a small amount of effort fighting Teralysts, only going hunting for them over the course of one PoE nighttime a day.   I would usually get 3 Terrys a night unless it was bugged or an abysmal group.  After weeks of casually playing I reached Rank 4 and got Tier 3 amp parts??  The other day I was finally able to craft up my amp (only had to hunt down wisps lol)..............

Pretty disappointing...

The tier 3 prism(triple grenade launcher) should just be ALOT stronger and or have a much larger blast radius.   To me this thing should have 10k void damage.  It should be strongest amp weapon.   Definately stronger than the Tier 2 scaffold of the charge up beam....

The tier 3 scaffold (homing laser) is a cool weapon but not balanced.   It is super weak in damage and way to costly on energy.   Very simple tweak..   Either give the damage a good boost and keep the energy depletion the same OR Keep it at that crappy damage level and make the energy deplete half as quickly(so that it can run longer).

Im still leveling mine up and have yet to gild mine.   I have not used it vs a Terry yet.   My feedback is based off going into 20min survivals at Assur-Uranus where I like to hunt.

This might be only tangentially related, but if you want to keep using it and not feel like you're gimping yourself on teralyst runs, you can animation cancel the Granmu Prism by binding your syndicate or simaris scanner gear slot to a hot key and spam it while shooting the amp. That way the damage output isn't quite a measly.

8 minutes ago, Fishyflakes said:

Amps are not strong against Grineer.

Doesn't sound like you have your Focus passives up and running.
Doubt you've crafted any Amp Arcanes either.

Grab those and it should feel better.

None of those things matter.

Im doing a pretty straight up comparision between tier 2 parts and tier 3.   

Assur-Uranus is infested(im not testing one Amp against corpus and another versus grineer).   My focus passives remained the same across both Amps.   No they are not maxed out but it is irrelevant to the comparision.(I have like 30% extra amp juice and 30% regen speed.   No I do not have amp arcanes but neither does my tier 2 again irrelevant to a comparision...

I agree, the T3 parts aren't really needed for the base Teralyst and aren't as strong as the T2 ones which are essentially short-range shotguns, but I hope you try your new amp with the Hydrolyst before discarding it (and after gilding it of course).

Try the 333 combo (which I assume you have) with Virtuos Strike Arcane, it helps it a lot. The T3 scaffold is major for clearing vomvalysts during Tridolon runs, and is crazy good for seeking out the kuva clouds too. IMO, what it lacks in punch it more than makes up in general utility.

I also use the T3 Prism during my PUG Tridolon runs as Trinity, I really like having some space to shoot the bigger Eidolons versus being right at their feet with T2 scaffold's very short range (although it is stronger). I also expect DE to nerf Void Strike at some point in the future, so the T2 scaffold may eventually fall out of meta, but who really knows.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

None of those things matter.

Im doing a pretty straight up comparision between tier 2 parts and tier 3.   

Assur-Uranus is infested(im not testing one Amp against corpus and another versus grineer).   My focus passives remained the same across both Amps.   No they are not maxed out but it is irrelevant to the comparision.(I have like 30% extra amp juice and 30% regen speed.   No I do not have amp arcanes but neither does my tier 2 again irrelevant to a comparision...

I'm sure you've already read above posts but the T3 Amp does have better crit potential with an Arcane compared to the T2.
Which of course means more damage.

Also, I'm 90% sure the Void Blast range Waybound increases the AoE of the Granmu prism.
It was an old confirmed bug; 10% guess it could've been patched.

25 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

This might be only tangentially related, but if you want to keep using it and not feel like you're gimping yourself on teralyst runs, you can animation cancel the Granmu Prism by binding your syndicate or simaris scanner gear slot to a hot key and spam it while shooting the amp. That way the damage output isn't quite a measly.

That was 3 round burst luncher right? Doing the slide Operators have also works.

1 hour ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Pretty disappointing...

The tier 3 prism(triple grenade launcher) should just be ALOT stronger and or have a much larger blast radius.   To me this thing should have 10k void damage.  It should be strongest amp weapon.   Definately stronger than the Tier 2 scaffold of the charge up beam....

The tier 3 scaffold (homing laser) is a cool weapon but not balanced.   It is super weak in damage and way to costly on energy.   Very simple tweak..   Either give the damage a good boost and keep the energy depletion the same OR Keep it at that crappy damage level and make the energy deplete half as quickly(so that it can run longer).

Im still leveling mine up and have yet to gild mine.   I have not used it vs a Terry yet.   My feedback is based off going into 20min survivals at Assur-Uranus where I like to hunt.

Just because a weapon shoots grenades, doesnt mean they are suppose to be very powerful, specially one that shoots in bursts and with higher crit potential. Also, have you Gilded your AMP yet?

I have not tested the Homing Laser Scaffold yet, all my AMPs are built with the Pencha (?) to use the charged attack which is the strongest of the Alt-fires but as far as i have seen, this laser connects to multiple targets.

Remember, you must Gild your AMPs for them to reach their max potential.

17 hours ago, Insizer said:

tbh when i read that it shot "grenades" I figured that it meant it was supposed to be the "burst fire rifle" version of Amps and that the text was just glorifying it, much like you see happen in this and other games.

No the rounds have an arcing trajectory and splash damage.  

Granmu is the "best prism" for eidolon fights. Shwaak is better on Terry but Gaunt and Hydro are tall enough to where the damage falloff becomes a massive concern. Meanwhile, Granmu has basically infinite range if you know how to aim it.

Meanwhile Klebrik is for Kuva clouds and occasionally burning down vombats. It has better range than the Shraksun, but ultimately lacks the speed of the Shraksun at killing vombats.

You didn't mention Lohrin but Lohrin is meta for Void Strikers, who typically use Shraksun with it.

The point of the different parts is to be side grades to one another, not actually tiered. The tiering designation is because most people can't recite "Raplak Pencha Clapkra Shwaak Shraksun Granmu Klebrik Lohrin" off the top of their head.

I'll let you guess which ones I had to look up the names of.

I cant say that my grenades from the t3 amp actually do too much. They say 2000 void damage but everything ive hit regardless of level has had 190ish damage taken per hit unless i crit. Which with the t3 crit thing still is only 1/3 of the time. In which case i crit for about 400 damage. The numbers just dont add up

Edit: oh and if i have eidolon lures following me, if i try to use it i just hit myself in the face. Even if theyre behind me

Edited by LuckyCharm

The granmu/grenade prism is pretty good for the eidolon fights, but seems pretty terrible for trying to use in anything else. The AOE part of the damage has an absolutely pathetic ~200 damage base compared to the direct hit's 2000 damage... Except against Eidolons, who use completely different bizarre damage resistance systems, and the AOE damage does significantly more than the horrendous 10% it does to things normally.

• 2 months later...

I just got my 333 yesterday and am working on leveling it, and as such, haven't used it against an Eidolon yet (won't until I gild it).  That said, yeah, I can certainly agree that so far it's crap against just about anything else.  Unless you hit dead-on with the grenades, they do pitiful damage, the grenades' arc make them harder to aim, and the three round burst means you're actually usually spending 15 energy per trigger pull instead of the advertised 5 (though I do understand why they advertise it like that; if you don't have 15 energy, it will fire 1 or 2 shots instead of 3 based on how much energy you have).  The seeking beam is great for clearing trash mobs, though; my only gripe with it is that it stays locked onto dead enemies until their bodies literally hit the floor, so long death anims are annoying when you're getting shot at by other targets.

Once I gild it, I'll test and see how it does against Eidolons, but honestly, if the major reason most people prefer the Granmu over the Shwaak is because you don't have to get as close, then I'll probably build a 233.  During hunts, I just keep void mode on almost all the time (I'm literally only vulnerable when I'm firing), so distance doesn't matter as much to me, and I'd rather have an amp that's useful all of the time considering that I like to use my operator for more than just Eidolon hunts.

They did overnerf granmu patches ago, and shraksun is miles above every other amp piece in the dps department in regular missions due to the -huge- aoe of it, which doesn't make much sense to me as it's T2 and not T3. There's not much rhyme or reason to the amp tiers, and they could use a buff such as ignoring a high % of armor and shields on regular mobs. Just another half-finished game mechanic among many. I don't expect meaningful fixes any time soon. I went ahead and did the long focus grind, though hating the "space kid" milieu, in hopes they would do something cool with it. Patience drawing thin on that front.

I prefer using the tier 2 prism and the tier 1 scaffold.  The former is a shotgun, great for short range (particularly with the guaranteed impact), and the later is a long ranged sniping shot...  that hits twice for a base damage of 19,000

No single part is better or worst when it comes to Amp creation. Each piece has it's own uses. Outside of those uses, you will run into issues where the flaws of a specific piece might fail you, but that does not mean they aren't useful or weak. They're just not being used in conditions that it's useful for that you're wanting to use it in.

Me, I didn't like the 3rd Prism either, but that doesn't mean it's weak, only that I didn't like it. Like others have said, it's great for fighting later 'lysts.

Not everything is going to be something you're going to want to use. Some folks like the Nikana, I don't. That doesn't mean the Nikana is bad, only that it's not something I personally use or enjoy.

Find the Amp parts YOU enjoy, and make it. In the end, Amps are as much about discovering what you're comfortable with using balanced against its performance.

Me, I still use my 212, even though I'm sure others could point out that there would be better amps I could build that might performance better. To me, it's my balancing point. I designed it because I was comfortable with each of those parts, knew I liked them all, and so in creating the amp, a universe of choices was distilled to a single point, and was I was happy with my choice.