The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could hunting be added to the open world segments?

Rivyn

Was out farming in the Plains, specifically for the little rat things, and it just occurred to me that hunting could be a thing. Doesn't have to be any big change in theme from fishing. Still use spears, various critters show up depending on the cycle, and using specialized bait to lure out the special critters from their holes. Heck, go a step further and if we have any large grazing types, get them to stampede that Grineer outpost. Would come with various types, from, again, those rat things to bison like seven legged things, to even the birds. Lot of critters could be created and added. 

Again, just a thought. Seems like it would fit in alongside mining and fishing. 

Edited by Rivyn

42 minutes ago, thor_sten said:

Quill Onko: Go hunt Eidolons, but this time, only use spears...

Actually, you know what? Joke aside I think that could be cool.

Spears that act as a tether and slows the Eidolon down. Eidolon takes some time to break the spear, and then resumes moving at full speed.

I'm in, gimme. 

We kind do have hunting now in the form of a Riven challenge (kill x wild animals). I recent did one of these with the added criteria of having to kill them with a fishing spear, and let me tell you I haven't felt this satisfied with Warframe gameplay in a while. I took Ivara because duh, and went on the hunt for kuakas. No waypoint, no nothing. I actually had to find them. Then, because they're slippery little things, I needed to sleep em, after which I could kill them.

That challenge required slow, methodical gameplay, instead of the blind genocide we usually are encouraged to commit. Really makes me wish we had more missions without mission marker. Oh well.

1 hour ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

We kind do have hunting now in the form of a Riven challenge (kill x wild animals). I recent did one of these with the added criteria of having to kill them with a fishing spear, and let me tell you I haven't felt this satisfied with Warframe gameplay in a while. I took Ivara because duh, and went on the hunt for kuakas. No waypoint, no nothing. I actually had to find them. Then, because they're slippery little things, I needed to sleep em, after which I could kill them.

That challenge required slow, methodical gameplay, instead of the blind genocide we usually are encouraged to commit. Really makes me wish we had more missions without mission marker. Oh well.

I. . . hadn't actually thought of bringing Ivara for my rat hunting. . . Thanks for that! 

A system of RNG much like the Hunter series has would work well in Warframe.

Antlers, horns and skins as drops alongside bones etc - scrimshaw as a form of mods or to create attachments/syandanas 

Much to the description of the Cernos Prime - to hunt great beasts would bring me joy 

Even perhaps running down a pack of kubrows led by an alpha on the plains could be quite something to behold - perhaps atop on augmented Venari as a dire Kavat?

There are to some degree a sort of hunting in PoE now, for the resources. So before asking for such thing, you have to know that if DE really implements it, it will only mean there are tons more resources popping up, might be similar to cetus wisps or some rare ones in which people will start complaining that they have a hard time getting those resources... and they will start cursing at those who plant the idea of having more resources(aka hunting) in DE's mind.