Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does DE realize that Zephyr is literally the worst and most useless frame in the game?

Shining_Darkness

55 minutes ago, Shining_Darkness said:

Yes, even after rework. Literally everything she can do other frames do better. LITERALLY. EVERYTHING.

Have you ever thought that people dont care about buying prime access if frame is still worthless, hmmmm? Because that's the case of why I dont want to buy her prime access. Think about it devs.

Really its so easy to fix that frame but nope, they dont care.
Have you even played her devs? Like ever? I bet may be 5 years ago and never since, yeah?

1.Make her ult into one or two big almost immobile tornadoes that can be put into player-chosen zones.

2.Let her turbulence buff teammates damage to give her at least ANY team utility.

3.Make her tornadoes switch to your chosen weapons most prevalent damage type during summon and keep it for full duration.

See how easy to fix her? Just 3 simplest changes and she actually would become worth playing and buying, giving your company more money from satisfied customers who would know that they get something that is actually worth buying.

...What's your build?

1 minute ago, TrinXT said:

Put projectile speed mods on a shotgun and you'll see what it changes. The same boost more than likely happens with zephyr's augment.

I was under the impression that it only increases effective range, also it seems I should have mentioned this. The projectile flight speed damage buff should only be applicable to weapons not using hit-scan, for more incentive to use them.

56 minutes ago, Shining_Darkness said:

team utility

That's the one thing I'd love to see enhanced on Zephy, otherwise she's ~fine (and IMO quite fun),
with a mix of mobility, CC, damage, being bullet proof, and not least being able to boost Flight Speed via the Augment.

Maybe she could share her Turbulence for the remaining duration if you hit allies with Airburst while it's active?

Or, give Airburst some other ally buff on its own, similar to Titania's Spellbind,
maybe, say, a (weak) Health regen, or increased / forced Shield regen
... both of which would fit nicely with her own high Health & Shield values, heh.

Zephyr is not exactly good, but ... 

I definitely find her better than Khora and Nyx so far. Heck to me she is more playable than even Wukong.

So no, she's definitely not close to worst and most useless in my humble opinion.

4 hours ago, Shining_Darkness said:

Yes, even after rework. Literally everything she can do other frames do better. LITERALLY. EVERYTHING.

Does the OP realize his opinion is just that and is easily refuted? 

No 'frame has a lock on any particular mission type or even playstyle. 

There are lots of warframes I don't particularly care of and consequently don't play. Doesn't mean they're useless. All it means is I don't like them. 

Just gonna leave this here:

Also Zephyr can be built to deal insane amounts of damage with her 4 augment mod, it wasn't even used in the video above. People have this tendency to call frames that aren't perma-invisible press one-button to win "trash". Khora is receiving the same treatment lately and she's a great frame as well. 

4 hours ago, Shining_Darkness said:

Because that's the case of why I dont want to buy her prime access. Think about it devs. 

oh heck, stop everything, we gotta make it so this ONE person buys the PA.

I really don't see the point to this thread. A lot of people like her, a lot of people play her, if you don't enjoy playing her, there's no need to go out of your way and rant condescendingly, just play a different frame.

Thats why you don't buy prime access? Have you ever even bought one to begin with? lol, Zephyr, sure shes not really good for damage, she was never really designed for it. If every warfame was the same, lots of dmg, lots of cc, lots of buffs. what really would make them different? why don't you just play rhino and just get it over with, hes like top tier right now. don't say that ONE warframe is stopping you from buying prime access to make it seem like you are the deal breaker that DE needs to do what you say they should do. Whats your excuse for not wanting Hydroid Prime? Mirage prime? etc etc. 

3 minutes ago, SergeantSunshine said:

oh heck, stop everything, we gotta make it so this ONE person buys the PA.

I really don't see the point to this thread. A lot of people like her, a lot of people play her, if you don't enjoy playing her, there's no need to go out of your way and rant condescendingly, just play a different frame.

agreed

She’s not really the worst frame, nor is she the best frame. Her first three abilities are pretty decent, her 4th ability needs to be removed though, she’s a bird not a wind frame, her 4th ability should be able to give Zephyr Wings.

20 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

she’s a bird not a wind frame

Wrong. 

Her original concept--which still stands since DE has never said otherwise--is an air-manipulation 'frame. Which is exactly what she is. She simply has an avian theme. 

Just now, Sloan441 said:

Wrong. 

Her original concept--which still stands since DE has never said otherwise--is an air-manipulation 'frame. Which is exactly what she is. She simply has an avian theme. 

Sure, her original concept may have been different, but as of right now, her theme is a bird and has one wind ability, which is why it needs to be removed, and plus the ability is extremely clunky and lackluster to say the least.

Zephyr is arguably queen of the POE and open world maps, though Nova can cover more straight line territory faster, comes nowhere close in general mobility and ability to combat the cratery POE maps from the air and tankiness. But yeah, it's kind of a weak Volt frame as far as power comparison, needs work on the 4... scrap it.

The "1" is great now, the "2" meh, the "3" great, but the "4?" Talk about a team bummer. Who cares if you can "shoot into the tornadoes" if you have to do ten times the eye travel or use aoe to target mobs? Ain't gonna be no setup headshots like with Volts 4. They should -scrap- the 4 entirely and replace it with a skill that provides team utility instead of DETRACTING from team play. That's all that really needs done to it, replace the ult.

"Flock of Kin- Zephyr spawns a flock of fowl kin that harry and peck at mobs in a targeted aoe area, with random effects per mob including confusion, opening to finishers, slow, and critical damage/headshot multiplier." Fixed, and without being "cheeseable." Just adapt the butterfly mechanic from Razorwing and there ya go.

Edited by Buttaface

40 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Sure, her original concept may have been different, but as of right now, her theme is a bird and has one wind ability, which is why it needs to be removed, and plus the ability is extremely clunky and lackluster to say the least.

It's not. Seriously, projecting onto a warframe what isn't there...

She's an air manipulation 'frame. She uses it to protect herself (Turbulance), to enhance her movement (Tail Wind), to control enemies (Air Burst and Tornados), and do some damage along the way. 

That's it. She just happens to look like a bird. Kinda. A bit. Maybe. She has some feathers. 

...and I'm pretty sure DE isn't going to remove any of it, since it all works--though Tail Wind still needs some tweaking on the dive bombing aspect of it (which is more SBD Dauntless than bird). So no matter what she looks like, be it crow, condor, finch, or WW2 dive bomber, she's still an air manipulation 'frame. 

Quote: Does DE realize that Zephyr is literally the worst and most useless frame in the game?

Well, because of the unfortunate changes to Wukong and Thrown Melee sinergy, Wukong is now the worst IMO.

Sadly, all the time spent to make Exodia Contagion is gone down the drain too. Its legit useless. My Kraken does more damage.

Quote: Does DE realize that Zephyr is literally the worst and most useless frame in the game?

Well, because of the unfortunate changes to Wukong and Thrown Melee sinergy, Wukong is now the worst IMO.

Sadly, all the time spent to make Exodia Contagion is gone down the drain too. Its legit useless. My Kraken does more damage.

My replies keep getting duplicated, wth?

Edited by Yato69

21 hours ago, Shining_Darkness said:

Have you ever thought that people dont care about buying prime access if frame is still worthless, hmmmm? Because that's the case of why I dont want to buy her prime access. Think about it devs.

Really its so easy to fix that frame but nope, they dont care.
Have you even played her devs? Like ever? I bet may be 5 years ago and never since, yeah?

1.Make her ult into one or two big almost immobile tornadoes that can be put into player-chosen zones.

2.Let her turbulence buff teammates damage to give her at least ANY team utility.

3.Make her tornadoes switch to your chosen weapons most prevalent damage type during summon and keep it for full duration.

See how easy to fix her? Just 3 simplest changes and she actually would become worth playing and buying, giving your company more money from satisfied customers who would know that they get something that is actually worth buying.

Zephyr is far from terrible. Shes selfish in terms of her abilities, but her 4 Is quality cc and her 3 essentially makes her invincible.  Had no problem with her on sortie run the other day. 

On 2018-05-02 at 4:46 PM, Shining_Darkness said:

if those 3 are all the change, then i think your idea of a ""fixed" zephyr have a lot of problems.

also, that kind of attitude ain't helping.

20 hours ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Only one wind ability?
Then what is "Air Burst"?  The description says "Generates a bust of massively dense air that explodes on contact and sends enemies flying."  I can't really see how this is bird themed in any way as birds don't really generate that much air...
Then what is "Turbulence"? The description says "Creates a wind shield around Zephyr...", and again I can't really see how this is bird themed either.  Its Zephyr manipulating the air currents to block projectiles.
Those seem like wind abilities straight up, from name to description to how they work.  How could they possibly be "bird themed"?

So 3 out of 4 abilities are explicitly wind abilities.
Then there is "Tail Wind" which is a flight that you can go either way on, either its bird themed that she flies, or wind themed that she used advanced control over wind to move herself quickly or hover for long duration.

Sure her visual theme is birdlike...but 3 out of 4 abilities are definitely wind based and not bird based.