The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shut down Warframe.market

(PSN)Ozzfest-King

1 hour ago, (PS4)AJay-_22 said:

Just my point some prices are nuts and I don't even get to sell or even say my prices cause someone else either sells what I'm selling at the same time and for 5-10 platinum and people go right for it rather then ask around I would sell whatever for 5-10, 10-20,20-40 if I would get others to even message me back when I say WTS or WTS whatever I'm sellin then PMO. I don't get replies back cause as I said I get others that snag the person with low prices 5-10 before I even get to state my prices. So yes I say it needs to be shut down so people don't go by it's prices but go by what they think it's worth and for those selling Gold event mods at low prices to chill and let everyone get a chance to make platinum. Cause I seen some do that and have over 6,000 platinum and still selling for more.

so this whole thing is because you're not making any plat? ok glad we cleared this up 

also, since you said "people should chose what they think is worth"...what do you think they're not doing that? I mean if someone is selling stuff for 5p and you're selling it for 10p....which one do YOU think is worth? 

5 hours ago, (PS4)AJay-_22 said:

Just my point some prices are nuts and I don't even get to sell or even say my prices cause someone else either sells what I'm selling at the same time and for 5-10 platinum and people go right for it rather then ask around I would sell whatever for 5-10, 10-20,20-40 if I would get others to even message me back when I say WTS or WTS whatever I'm sellin then PMO. I don't get replies back cause as I said I get others that snag the person with low prices 5-10 before I even get to state my prices. So yes I say it needs to be shut down so people don't go by it's prices but go by what they think it's worth and for those selling Gold event mods at low prices to chill and let everyone get a chance to make platinum. Cause I seen some do that and have over 6,000 platinum and still selling for more.

Apparently, that one went RIGHT over your head.

The ability to compare prices enables buyers to get the best deal, not the one on offer at the moment they have time to sift through trade chat. It should be a matter of supply and demand, not a matter of timing. Warframe.market will let you compare prices without having to deal with the ridiculous price fluctuations and trade sharks in chat. If you can't sell your lawnmower mod for 500pl, you've set the price too high compared to other offers on the market or the expectations of potential buyers. If you are too greedy to sell at going rates, enjoy holding on to your items until the market gets saturated or game changes makes it obsolete.

I actually urge people to go to Warframe.market and check the price range before buying or selling via chat. Until DE makes a better trade system, that site will give you a better idea of the prices than the latest 10 minutes of trade chat.

8 hours ago, (PS4)AJay-_22 said:

I would like to report this site know as Warframe Market. It shows price that are way lower then the should be and even states that it's not supported by you guys at DE yet players on PC, Xbox one and PS4 seem to use it and then tie in these price in game and us that know the prices you guy have set for the items get either ripped off or get no sales at all cause of this site https://warframe.market/
In all honesty it makes me and many others not even want to bother with trade chat. I think that you guys should put out a site that is supported by you and set prices cause if not this site will continue to ruin Trade Chat and I'll just use my platinum that I do get for In-game stuff and will not use it to buy Prime Warframes, weaponry or mods that others farm or earn from sorties (revins) or any other things that can be offered.

I sold 3 Saryn Prime sets for 170 the other day... from the WF.market (of which I am a Patreon Supporter)... Their going price is about 150p.. You would make more plat from embracing the site than whinging that you have to sell low based on the hypothetical that you could otherwise sell high.. it's nonsense.

Edited by Carnage2K4

12 hours ago, (PS4)AJay-_22 said:

I would like to report this site know as Warframe Market. It shows price that are way lower then the should be and even states that it's not supported by you guys at DE yet players on PC, Xbox one and PS4 seem to use it and then tie in these price in game and us that know the prices you guy have set for the items get either ripped off or get no sales at all cause of this site https://warframe.market/
In all honesty it makes me and many others not even want to bother with trade chat. I think that you guys should put out a site that is supported by you and set prices cause if not this site will continue to ruin Trade Chat and I'll just use my platinum that I do get for In-game stuff and will not use it to buy Prime Warframes, weaponry or mods that others farm or earn from sorties (revins) or any other things that can be offered.

https://nexus-stats.com/ -- You didn't mention this site. So I smell bias on your part.

People pay what they want. I think that's great because it keeps the F2P game alive. People can still play for free or pay for it.
The only other examples I've seen where the auction house has worked with in-game currency is. http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Auction_House and https://www.gw2tp.com/

Perfect World Malaysia did ingame materials to ingame currency as a service. The game closed by 2010. But re-opened under another new company.

Perfect World International (http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi) interestingly (and ironically) enough should still be going. But that did the RNG box model those boxes could be sold for in-game currency or the really good gear in-game, which could be gotten from those boxes was also sold for ingame currency.

Guild Wars 2 has been the only one differing exceptional on auction house wise. Where it's been really successful. Guild Wars 2 also hired an economist.
But those are the only two examples I know that did paid for currency for set-ingame-currency-rate.

http://www.warcry.com/news/view/123640-The-Guild-Wars-2-Economy-Is-Terrible-Says-Economist
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/john-smith-on-the-guild-wars-2-virtual-economy/

The only other game I've heard of was Eve Online, where the ISK became valued versus real world curency; Because there was so much time attached to it.

What if you did platinum for credits? That won't really happen.

If DE has a website where they set the prices if you used real world currency to the the back-end;
It will be that the platinum sold through the main website also needs to be value equated with real world currency.
Then the platinum needs to be be valued by the the region it is sold in. In the world pegged against something like xe.com.

So we've got free market thus people pay what they want, They can use Nexus or Warframe.market as a guide.
But at the end of the day. It's if people accept the trade or not.

Edited by Kinjeto

7 hours ago, (PS4)AJay-_22 said:

if I would get others to even message me back when I say WTS or WTS whatever I'm sellin then PMO

Learn how trade work. Ditch the PMO tag, that's why no one is replying. If you are selling something, then you as the seller starts by offering a price. That gives everyone a place to negotiate from. That's why there's a pricetag on wares in a store. That's why when people sell their used stuff, they tell how much they want from it. They don't just say to the buyer "what do you think it's worth?" Hell, even auctions has a starting price.

I've actually filtered out the PMO tag from trade chat, because I don't consider anyone who uses it serious. And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Bottomline: get rid of the PMO in your WTS message, offer a reasonable price directly in the message, and I assure you, you will start to get replies from potential buyers.

27 minutes ago, rune_me said:

Learn how trade work. Ditch the PMO tag, that's why no one is replying. If you are selling something, then you as the seller starts by offering a price. That gives everyone a place to negotiate from. That's why there's a pricetag on wares in a store. That's why when people sell their used stuff, they tell how much they want from it. They don't just say to the buyer "what do you think it's worth?" Hell, even auctions has a starting price.

I've actually filtered out the PMO tag from trade chat, because I don't consider anyone who uses it serious. And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Bottomline: get rid of the PMO in your WTS message, offer a reasonable price directly in the message, and I assure you, you will start to get replies from potential buyers.

Sometimes I have a go at these, some one says 'PMO' for a riven, so I toss out 150p, because that's what I think it's worth... and if I don't get a block right up, they just don't bother answering, because I guess they want 400p or something... It's such stupid way to sell stuff.

3 hours ago, rune_me said:

This, so much.

If the seller asks for an offer, they either don't know the value of their own inventory and I have to do price checks for a fair price (screw that, I'm not doing your research for you, especially for free) or they know the value and are hoping to get someone who doesn't and over bids. 

I don't touch PMO trades, simply not worth the hassle.

8 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

This, so much.

If the seller asks for an offer, they either don't know the value of their own inventory and I have to do price checks for a fair price (screw that, I'm not doing your research for you, especially for free) or they know the value and are hoping to get someone who doesn't and over bids. 

I don't go near those either.  I automatically assume the seller is going for over bids.  

I tend to give a seller either more plat than they asked or an extra item just because they didn't waste my time trying to haggle.  That's just how much I value my time.  😀 

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

I don't go near those either.  I automatically assume the seller is going for over bids.  

I tend to give a seller either more plat than they asked or an extra item just because they didn't waste my time trying to haggle.  That's just how much I value my time.  😀 

Yeah, same here lol

I get a respectful, prompt, painless trade, they get a "bonus" for not wasting time.

6 minutes ago, CupcakesMoo said:

What are you referring to when you mention "Bait"? What kind of thread is this exactly?

bait threads are threads made to bait replies in with a controversial or dumb opinion, as in you act like the biggest contrarian/moron possible and watch as people lose themselves and get needlessly upset for no reason 

1 hour ago, CupcakesMoo said:

If people think this is a bait thread why are they here?

I don't think this is a bait thread. 

I commented because I saw an opportunity to support a positive change in behavior and explained why it would be positive and how i personally respond to it, hopefully so that OP and others will improve their trading skills.

On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎12 at 3:40 PM, MagPrime said:

This, so much.

If I'm being honest, when I trade I don't have a set price in mind, but that's because I deliberately undersell. After all, it's just items in a game. If I'm trading them, I don't need them, so why inflate their value?

I also give generous bonuses when buying (usually in the region of 20-50% above the asking price), especially with new players.

On 2018-05-12 at 2:40 AM, (PS4)AJay-_22 said:

Regrettably, this is not how markets work. Think of any exchange like NASDAQ, for example. Those trading have access to historic data about prices in order to deduce patterns and trends and build models to predict likely future values based on scenarios. People would not trade if they were doing so 'blind' without data to support decisions. All that warframe.market does is to provide those data sets and they reflect supply and demand. Items in Warframe do not have fixed prices throughout their lifecycle. When you choose to sell or buy is important, not just what you're buying or selling. New items will attract a premium initially on launch as supply will be limited and demand high due to the novelty of the new item; prices will dip as the supply increases and demand falls. Items just about to enter the vault will have a premium just before vaulting because they are just about to disappear and so demand increases. Betting on which items may be vaulted and deliberately collecting and sitting on examples of those items is one option that may be followed.

and here i've been making plats by using warframe.market.. no, you wont find me there, i'm not a member. i just use their site as a frame of reference to place price in my wares. because how would one simply "know the price"...

i'm not an expert on economy but i thought its normal for a market to run on supply and demand kind of relationship.. if there are more player selling an item then the number of player who want to buy them, then obviously the price will fall because at that point the item will start to lost its value.. so sellers will try to get rid of their wares as fast as possible by reducing their price, and vice versa. or you can choose to hold your item for a period of time till it started to become valuable again.

There does seem to be a need to "find out yourself" what something costs and the warframe.market price is what I go by. Sometimes I change the price depending on my needs but if people don't like those prices I can keep trying until I find someone who does. 

Nice thing with a market is that it easy to sell stuf for 50% lower then othere ppl as it will sell faster then over pricing them =P

If warframe had a auction house I would post all my stuff on there  for 50-75% lower then the lowest price to sell them fast. That why ppl don't want auction house for it would drive down the prices 😃

On 2018-05-13 at 11:03 PM, Corvid said:

If I'm being honest, when I trade I don't have a set price in mind, but that's because I deliberately undersell. After all, it's just items in a game. If I'm trading them, I don't need them, so why inflate their value?

I also give generous bonuses when buying (usually in the region of 20-50% above the asking price), especially with new players.

I'll take a lower price fairly often, mainly depending what I'm trying to buy at the time, but not everyone is doing what you are and it's not worth the time to find out.

On 2018-05-12 at 2:40 AM, (PS4)AJay-_22 said:

Well if its not set up by DE then there probably isn't much they can do about it. As far as I can tell trade in WF is much like a car boot sale. People are allowed to set their own prices and you can either choose to pay them or not.

It makes it clear right there on the homepage that it is a fan site and not affiliated with DE, so you know right away that you're NOT on an official site. That should serve as a warning to anyone with a couple of brain cells. 

If you don't like the prices there, buy your gear from the in-game market...simples!

Edited by FlusteredFerret

On 2018-05-11 at 9:28 PM, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

Just start telling people in your circles about how it is being used to manipulate the market. Word spreads. I hate to say it because I'm sure the site creator did not intend for their site to be used in such a manner. Personally, I just tell the person "nty" and "have a nice day", because there's no way they're getting an Ember set out of me for 80p.

Thats fine, I will just buy it from the person on .market selling it for the best price.