Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shut down Warframe.market

(PSN)Ozzfest-King

17 minutes ago, Tanro00 said:

Thats fine, I will just buy it from the person on .market selling it for the best price. 

when you say ".market" are you referring to the same site, I'm a bit confused about what you're trying to convey to me. Is there another site or are you defending the one being discussed in this thread? 

Allow me to clarify my position on this matter: A free market is no longer free when one group begins to set their ideal prices and/or price ranges and demand others adhere to them. Also, many players are taking this site as the final/official authority on prices and without consideration of manipulation. The site started out harmless enough, but unfortunately dishonest individuals are going to manipulate it. Also, unfortunately, any attempt by the site owner to regulate and dissuade manipulation will remove the "free" in the market. No win situation imo.

Again, I personally don't bother with these things. When I go into trade chat to sell, I look for people that WTB something I own at a reasonable price. When I go in to buy, I say how much I want to pay for the item in the main trade chat window. That way both parties are satisfied. Sometimes I'll see someone looking to buy something I have and I will message them with my price, some say "nty" , some don't reply and some come back, wisely so, with their counter offer. As long as the haggler is not trying to get a maxed primed mod for 20p, we're doing good business and I'm willing to shave a bit off my own price. I don't need a web site.

Just now, --Q--Stryker said:

https://warframe.market/

It's one and the same.

Thanks for clarifying.

Totally off topic: I've been noticing multiple "Q" people are you part of the Q Continuum? If so, I'm a dishonest Vulcan that shirks off meditations to fight in historic Klingon battles in Quark's holosuite on weekends! Also, wise choice, probably the most powerful species in the entire Star Trek universe(s). If not, well, it's still kind of neat.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

I've been noticing multiple "Q" people are you part of the Q Continuum?

I don't get the reference but it's a clan that people are/were part of. The Q is just a way to rep the clan name like people do with Remnants of the Void and RV, etc.

Edited by --Q--Stryker
Little more detailed answer

1 hour ago, --Q--Stryker said:

I don't get the reference but it's a clan that people are/were part of. The Q is just a way to rep the clan name like people do with Remnants of the Void and RV, etc.

Star Trek, Next Generation.  The Q are a race of all powerful beings who live in the Continuum and enjoy poping in and out of reality and time to harass their favorite mortals.

The most iconic one is played by John De Lancie.

Yes, I am a geek.

No, I am not ashamed. 

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

Star Trek, Next Generation.  The Q are a race of all powerful beings who live in the Continuum and enjoy poping in and out of reality and time to harass their favorite mortals.

The most iconic one is played by John De Lancie.

Yes, I am a geek.

No, I am not ashamed. 

In James Bond Q is the person who delivers and demonstrates Bond's gear.

On 2018-05-12 at 3:44 AM, (PS4)AJay-_22 said:

I think it should be shut down it makes it hard to get anything sold on PS4

This again? Mate with or without the Warframe market, selling stuff on PS4 is difficult and it has to do with the console users. We have less plat floating and users are less likely to buy. Not to mention that the preferred method of making plat on PS4 is buying it from the PS makret rather than trading. Most trades also happen among clan mates and friends rather than with strangers. 

In short, if you want to sell something on PS4, you have to be patient and you have to be active. Timing also matters a lot. For example when Baro comes you can sell a lot of prime parts cause people are looking for prime junk etc. Trading isn't easy but it's not because of Warframe market. If anything the website makes it easier for console users. 

I learned two valuable lesson from this thread's topic:

1. I think in extremes at times. 

2. There's no such thing as an absolute free market, because any attempt to regulate the behavior of any party involved and individuals seeking to promote their own interests in the market will remove the "free." However, the fact that anyone can manipulate the market makes it a "free" market. Is this a paradox?

29 minutes ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

2. There's no such thing as an absolute free market, because any attempt to regulate the behavior of any party involved and individuals seeking to promote their own interests in the market will remove the "free." However, the fact that anyone can manipulate the market makes it a "free" market. Is this a paradox?

A free market actually judt mean that government won't regulate the market. The buyers and sellers can still do it just fine, and it will still be "free".

Warframes market is obviously not really free because the "government" (in this case DE) ultimately has complete control over anything. They can magically conjure any product they want out of thin air, and as many of them as they want, and flood the market with it. They control when some products (like maiming strike) becomes available. They can make changes to the underlying game that will instantly affect prices for everyone. 

1 hour ago, rune_me said:

A free market actually judt mean that government won't regulate the market. The buyers and sellers can still do it just fine, and it will still be "free".

Warframes market is obviously not really free because the "government" (in this case DE) ultimately has complete control over anything. They can magically conjure any product they want out of thin air, and as many of them as they want, and flood the market with it. They control when some products (like maiming strike) becomes available. They can make changes to the underlying game that will instantly affect prices for everyone. 

Well, I think @(PS4)supernova_girlie was specifically talking about the subsection of the market run through warframe.market. In that case, the government would be more analogous to the site administrators, as they could restrict the accounts of users they thought were being "dishonest" (were the admins inclined to influence the site in such a way).

DE does have the ability to make new items, or change the game such that items are no longer worth what they once were (nerfing Saryn might drive down Saryn Prime prices, or having the Acolytes return might drive down Argon Scope prices), but they don't set the prices that players offer for those items, which is mostly what people mean when they talk about a free market. The players are free to set their own prices among themselves, and DE never steps in and says "Hey, you can't sell Maiming Strike for that much plat". So, in that sense, Warframe's economy is quite free.

On 2018-05-12 at 9:49 AM, (PS4)AJay-_22 said:

In all honesty this is why I never post in forums because other ridicule opinions

Because you come on to the forums stamping your feet about a topic that you have a gross misunderstanding of.

What did you expect?

3 hours ago, rune_me said:

They can make changes to the underlying game that will instantly affect prices for everyone. 

Like the upcoming melee combat overhaul. Let's see how many people want to pay 450+Pl for the Lawnmower mod after that one hits.

Lets be perfectly honest. Warframe Market is not entirely endorsed by DE, but it's continued operation is also not being stamped down. With the utter torrent of messages in trade chat, only made readable with filters and the clunky way of contacting sellers, having a site that can give people time to browse leisurely for items is good for everyone. Sure, pricing is competitive, but what market isn't? Also, while some item prices go down, there is always an area of the market that remains high. Be creative and you will be rewarded.

Edited by Teoarrk

Isn't trading following the laws of free market? You know, supply and demand. If someone wants something you're offering, they'll buy it if they can't find someone else who sells it for lower. If that some else exist, then your price is too high, and you get stuck with your junk. I guess op is angry because now, selling is not the exclusive activity of an elitist monopoly. Welcome to capitalism!

13 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

Lets be perfectly honest. Warframe Market is not entirely endorsed by DE, but it's continued operation is also not being stamped down. With the utter torrent of messages in trade chat, only made readable with filters and the clunky way of contacting sellers, having a site that can give people time to browse leisurely for items is good for everyone. Sure, pricing is competitive, but what market isn't? Also, while some item prices go down, there is always an area of the market that remains high. Be creative and you will be rewarded.

Even if DE didn't endorse it, I don't think there's much they could do about it. At most, they could probably force the website owners to remove all Warframe branding from the site, but that would be it.

• 2 months later...
On 2018-05-12 at 9:40 AM, (PS4)AJay-_22 said:

I would like to report this site know as Warframe Market. It shows price that are way lower then the should be and even states that it's not supported by you guys at DE yet players on PC, Xbox one and PS4 seem to use it and then tie in these price in game and us that know the prices you guy have set for the items get either ripped off or get no sales at all cause of this site https://warframe.market/
In all honesty it makes me and many others not even want to bother with trade chat. I think that you guys should put out a site that is supported by you and set prices cause if not this site will continue to ruin Trade Chat and I'll just use my platinum that I do get for In-game stuff and will not use it to buy Prime Warframes, weaponry or mods that others farm or earn from sorties (revins) or any other things that can be offered.

you should talk to the warframe.market owner instead of DE. How could you ask someone shut down what doesn't belongs to them? That's unbelievable ridiculous.