Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please remove this horrible tribal drum "music" each time we move locations. It's just terrible.

ActionPoohole

I am all for more drums in Warframe, but having it between selecting a mission and (abruptly ending when) arriving at location is... weird.

And being able to select/carry over music from the music box thing is an awesome suggestion.

They should totally change the drums and tribal music to some instrumental metal tracks and I would be all good.

But yeah, TBH they are very extra. Nothing against them though.

I, for one, think the drums just need a bit of tweaking. I think it's a lovely experience and here's what I think would make them better 😍 ...

They should play at maximum settings.

They should not stop playing once started. Further loading screens add more layers of drumming.

They should play independent of the music slider. 

They should override your computer's settings and continue playing at the maximum volume possible. 

QoL: In the event the computer shutsdown, the drumming continues to be played through your car's speakers or television. 

I just cannot get enough of these lovely drums! 

i mean, the drums ain't bad, but they're a totally different mood from the serene star chart theme you're usually listening to. a bit of buildup before the drums hit would probably benefit, but ultimately this isn't really a problem that needs priority in the big book of issues

I see they let "Screen Shake Guy" make another feature. 

Seriously, with the game in the state its in - PoE is a bug ridden, repetetive hell; Bounties are old and tired; Teralyst hunts are in bad shape; onslaught is pretty much DoA for most players, as its an unfun, unrewarding mess... - who in the world is getting paid to make changes like this? I mean, how do you even justify the existence of "Loading screen music" on your to do list, with a game in the state Warframe is in at present? Even if the sound guys do need something to do, I can think of a few effects they could redo. 

Better still, the money budgeted for stuff like this, could be spent on balance passes, new replayable missions, etc. How in the world is awful stuff like this even making the to do list at this point, more less being forced on every single player, on every single loading screen? 

No offense to the percussionists hired to record that music but.... I just don't find it necessary.

And with how frequently we load into or out of a mission, or relay, or anything at all? I'm sure I will soon find it annnoying. I don't need to get "pumped up" before visiting the Void Trader.

Could we get an option to disable it, please? Without having to disable ALL music... I've been collecting all the somachord nodes I can find.

Edited by Mujaki

I agree, many of us load a mission fast enough that it's really sorta annoying to have this "Music" playing, so a toggle would be nice.

Alternatively why not either have the music from our landing craft carry over into loading, or start music from the mission start while loading? Also having the drum "beat" every second for the last 5 seconds till mission launch would be better than the old "booping" noise too in my own opinion.

I run with reduced music volume, and I generally like drum music, like kodo and djembe. However, the new addition of these drums is poorly implemented, in that they are added to the ambient music, which totally throws off the rythm. That is probably why a lot of players don't like it.

Fade out the ambient music when adding those drums, or at least give people the option to turn them off seperately.

@ActionPoohole I don't know what you mean when you say they are too loud... When I hear them they have an appropriate volume. Maybe you should check your settings. Also you mention that they are horrible... that's ok... It's your opinion. I personally like them, because they have the essence of the game... But then you mention that it somehow interferes with your Octavia music... What? You said that you want them removed so you can go back to your Octavia music, that you like to hear it nice and clearly.... I really don't understand how loading screen music interferes with music in game.. when the loading screen is over... when you should no longer be hearing the loading screen music. I mean if you like hearing Octavia... I'm sure you cant hear Octavia during the loading screen and that you cant hear the loading screen music while you are in battle. They simply dont interfere with each other. You also mention later that you are used to having more quiet... which doesn't make sense for someone that claims to like playing with Octavia... because Octavia music can be loud sometimes and it can become really annoying too due to its repetitiveness.... something you claim is one of the reasons you dont like the loading screen drums. Finally you say you can't focus well after hearing that music. So... you cant focus well after hearing drums... or loud noises?  That sounds pathological... Hey that makes me wonder... how is it that you can focus well while playing Octavia with all that full of drums and other loud noises  Octavia music? You see what I mean? You're not making any sense. So I suggest you go to the doctor... or stop lying.

It's just very discordant and disconcerting to hear it.  The soothing whoosh of the liset tearing through the void hurtling to new adventures is now marred by the crummy tribal drum casting a musical pall of lameness.  Almost like someone farting during a favored Christmas carol and ruining Christmas.

After hearing the new loading music over 50 times it's really starting to mess with me , the only way to turn it off is to mute all music which i don't want to do , i personally want it gone but some people seem to like it so a slider seems like a good solution 

I am willing to bet that it's a preview of the Sacrafice OST...and honestly kind of feel like it would lessen the impact of it when the quest comes out...at least for more active players that have to go through loading screens again and again.

Yes, and that slider needs to have an "off" position :-)

I don't remember much of the ingame music, which means the loading music must be the most annoying/awful track in the game. But, I guess it's that kind of stuff that gets remembered...

On 2018-05-18 at 6:13 AM, Pink_U_Do said:

I love the warframe. And I want to play this game for a long time. But if DE do not get rid of this terrible, uncomfortable and disgusting 'percussion-driven music' sound, seriously worry about stopping the game.

No hotfix has been released yet. Maybe DE seems to think that most people like this music or do not care. Minority comments will be ignored.