Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wanna talk about Trinity + Castanas?

Trekiros

19 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We are going to change just that - no self-damage through Link. We are going to apply this rule to Trinity, Nidus, and Nekros for consistency. Trinity is a fantastic support Warframe and being top-tier DPS in addition to that role does not suit her. Expect this change this week on PC!

Yup, keep nerfing all the fun, i wanna see how many people will keep playing this game once it becomes Darks Souls and you have to kill 1 mob at a time.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Profane-lite said:

It'll be Volt after that. I've used Equinox and seen a Volt out-damage me and everyone else in Elite. And then it'll probably be Octavia (who I actually count as my favorite frame, even if the playstyle can be lazy). And after that, who knows? Ember already got nerfed into the ground for anything higher than level 30-40. Maybe Mag? Mesa? Actually, surprised Mesa hasn't been nerfed given that she's a 'press four to win' frame like Ash was.

I'm on PS4. We won't even get to use the initial Saryn rework. We'll just be stuck with the current one which looks to be largely useless outside of Elite. I really just wanted toxic lash to be cool, but it sounds like I'll be disappointed when the update drops later today.

ahahahaha what? if you see volt out damaging you its because of 2 things. speed + maimterax. (nerf incoming with melee 3.0). i do just fine in ESO with ember. if you cant go beyond lvl 40 content with ember, you obviously need to go back to the wiki and learn her mechanics. its also funny when people say corrosive is less damage when it is only less damage vs proto shield. again people should be educating themselves on how things work.

Making Trinity link only line of sight is a good solution, forcing her to maneuver and strike with precision. Removing her nuke build entirely relegates her to a EV afk frame and that makes her terribly uninteresting to play.

Seems like Trinity next patch will be: press EV, wait for party to DPS, collect rewards, repeat.

Just now, Evil.Chiefu said:

Making Trinity link only line of sight is a good solution, forcing her to maneuver and strike with precision. Removing her nuke build entirely relegates her to a EV afk frame and that makes her terribly uninteresting to play.

Seems like Trinity next patch will be: press EV, wait for party to DPS, collect rewards, repeat.

incorrect. in any mission including ESO, when i play trin i maintain bless, link, and always watching peoples health/energy bars while killing with my gun. not everyone who plays trin is lazy.

18 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We are going to change just that - no self-damage through Link. We are going to apply this rule to Trinity, Nidus, and Nekros for consistency. Trinity is a fantastic support Warframe and being top-tier DPS in addition to that role does not suit her. Expect this change this week on PC!

I'd prefer to see the ability to get 100% damage immunity changed, but changing link-style abilities is fine, too.  Link Trin is still my all-time favorite tank, and Castanas are still very useful for saving an interception point from across the map.

Equinox blah blah blah

Unless you're playing at the very low end of the star chart and just using the slash effect, Equinox's Maim is still dependent on her team killing the old fashioned way in order to build up its damage.  That's also true for Saryn now that spores mostly don't spread automatically.  The same can't be said for Castana Trin, nuking at will with no checks or balances besides ammo.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Profane-lite said:

It'll be Volt after that. I've used Equinox and seen a Volt out-damage me and everyone else in Elite. And then it'll probably be Octavia (who I actually count as my favorite frame, even if the playstyle can be lazy). And after that, who knows? Ember already got nerfed into the ground for anything higher than level 30-40. Maybe Mag? Mesa? Actually, surprised Mesa hasn't been nerfed given that she's a 'press four to win' frame like Ash was.

I'm on PS4. We won't even get to use the initial Saryn rework. We'll just be stuck with the current one which looks to be largely useless outside of Elite. I really just wanted toxic lash to be cool, but it sounds like I'll be disappointed when the update drops later today.

Mesa actually has been nerfed once before. Her Peacemakers were a full 360, meaning you could stand there and press a button and everything in the room would instantly die. She's probably one of the better balanced "aoe" frames out there, because she has stipulations that make her Peacemakers effective.

1. You need Line of Sight. You can't hit what you can't see, and she follows that pretty well compared to other AoE frames like Banshee, Ember, Equinox, Oberon, etc.
2. You need vision of their torso. Yes, Mesa cannot hit everything even if they are LoS. I can hit enemies from far away as long as I can see their body, but I can't hit enemies under my feet (if I'm on a platform) because I can't see their torso.
3. Her field of view drops after some shots, meaning she'll have to cast and recast. This is already a built-in mechanism to prevent AFK and forget, which we did for Ember and Banshee.

you nerf all the game FOR WHAT REASON DE cause someone found a way to use a mod and a frame ability and a mod ability better that you thought when you created it?

WE PLAY THE GAME NOT YOU DE

you made a mode like sanctuary which is a mode that need FAST CLEAR PLAY how this will happen ? how will you clear the room fast when you destroy anything we find that can clear the room fast? uplayable sactuary onslaught as we go on.

you will make your own game unplayable when noone can pass the fifth level of elite sactuary, good job

op weapons and op frames are the reason we play this game. WE PLAY THIS GAME , WE.

stop listening to few that dont have the comprehession to understand the game , to make platinum, to just play the game and want to ruin everyone else day

STOP IT

I thought the use of diamond skin and aviator is pretty clever tbh. I mean , that's like the first time that I have ever used those mods in a build other than the stable ones. I still hope this wacky ingenuity can be preserved in a non game breaking way. 

Sorry if this is out there but I am failing to see the problem. Trinity is an amazing support frame, yes. She is definitely my goto for healing and energy vamp. However, there are mobs that spawn that even with link as it is now, are immune to the current self-damage effects. Add that to the fact that until I learned of this viable way to utilize the link skill in a damaging format, she was just that. Support only. It was my understanding that every frame should be viable in every mode, not locked into any one singular role, and utilize movement. In the case of this nerf to self-damage Trinity is going to go back to standing in one spot EVing everything with the occasional blessing thrown out. At least with the way it currently is you're moving, paying attention to buff timers, and laughing (or QQing) when you forget to jump or reset timers and blow yourself up. With something like this, she's just set back to a single roll. That's just the way I can see this going from my perspective when I read this. You are the professionals and I trust you all know what you're doing by now, but I must be missing a different perspective that I don't understand just yet as to why it's a problem the way it is. 

Chroma gets a damage buff from self damage what is the difference. (Doesn't play trin or chroma much too broken)

Edited by xdeathhungerx

9 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

ahahahaha what? if you see volt out damaging you its because of 2 things. speed + maimterax. (nerf incoming with melee 3.0). i do just fine in ESO with ember. if you cant go beyond lvl 40 content with ember, you obviously need to go back to the wiki and learn her mechanics. its also funny when people say corrosive is less damage when it is only less damage vs proto shield. again people should be educating themselves on how things work.

Nope, he was using his four repeatedly. I rarely saw him doing anything but standing around and shooting. I got a screenshot of his build after. It was 265% range and around 130% strength. Only survivability card he had was Quick Thinking. Tbf, he was running a rank 3 Energize. I had about 30% of the damage and he had 50%. He was really the only one doing enough killing to even help charge Equinox.

As for Ember, I get her mechanics just fine. You're on PC. ESO efficiency on PS4 right now is straight trash - we just don't have the same number of enemies spawning. I've seen a lot of people try Ember in ESO and fail miserably.

15 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

game wont lose anything important if all the lazy people stop playing. just saying.

I mean, going by your definition, sounds like most players are lazy. I'm guessing if most of WF's playerbase stopped playing, the game would stop getting content updates and eventually shut down. (Just to be clear, I've only ever picked up whips like the Atterax for slide-attack riven challenges.)

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Profane-lite said:

As for Ember, I get her mechanics just fine. You're on PC. ESO efficiency on PS4 right now is straight trash - we just don't have the same number of enemies spawning. I've seen a lot of people try Ember in ESO and fail miserably.

I mean, going by your definition, sounds like most players are lazy. I'm guessing if most of WF's playerbase stopped playing, the game would stop getting content updates and eventually shut down. (Just to be clear, I've only ever picked up whips like the Atterax for slide-attack riven challenges.)

did DE all of a sudden decide that consoles dont get the same updates PC does? didnt think so. consoles will get the efficiency patch just like PC did.

warframes community is larger than this forum which is probably only a small fraction of it. we will see wont we?

Edited by EinheriarJudith

Honestly I just worry in general.  I know DE won't destroy her when she's reworked.  (cause she is going to be reworked.  they've stated as such.)

I just don't think the community will give the rework a fair go.  Because if it's not unlimited damage resistance and no energy problems ever people will just flip out without the crutch. I'm really looking forward to it because I love playing support and I love trinities role as a traditional support.  I just hate how she's currently played.

4 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

did DE all of a sudden decide that consoles dont get the same updates PC does? didnt think so. consoles will get the efficiency patch just like PC did.

warframes community is larger than this forum which is probably only a small fraction of it. we will see wont we?

A friend said there was an efficiency patch on PC (rather, that PC players said there was). I combed through every hotfix and update post for PC after BoS update came out looking for it. I didn't find anything. Can you point me to that? Because, frankly, I'd be happy about it. I was really excited about ESO initially because I could just go in there and see how effective my builds were in a fun scenario. The reality, however, has not been anything like that.

And yes, it is larger than this forum. I could never be bothered with Link Trinity, but I didn't really fault people for using her (again, on PS4 where just getting to conduit 8 takes a terrible level of cheese). I don't particularly care that people use Maiming Atterax builds, either. I just don't care how other people kill. The only time I've felt driven to solo play was with really dumb Limbos and Frosts (blocking my ability to shoot at an enemy is annoying).

That said, most of the community is not reaching high level content initially without 'lazy.' And being able to do that content is often what opens up further high-level content that leads to more build/play diversity. You can point at Rhino's Ironskin as another lazy play tactic (put on ironskin, ignore all other powers). But, as long as someone eventually clues people in that there are more engaging/fun/diversified builds, a lot of that lazy play goes away. I say this as someone who used Ember WoF to get into high level content initially, then put her away, and as someone who has taught new player clanmates some of the cool stuff they can do with their frames/weapons (like Rhino).

2 hours ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

The total damage that the enemy shot at you will count towards the 5%. If it was the 99% reduced damage counting towards it you'd be getting nothing at all. Basically, whatever damage that would've been inflicted on Trinity without the Barrier will count towards the energysteal.

So it functions like Self-damage Link before it gets it patch as far as calculations go (pre-mitigation).

The pulse will still be the same range as it currently is, 25 meters. The only benefit allies would get from being in your barrier is some damage reduction in addition to full shields on release. However, I'll increase the range to 14 meters.

I wasn't speaking of the pulses. It was a comment connected to unclear information about the mechanics. Now that energy-steal is cleared up having people reduce the DR by standing in the bubble is unnecessary (for lower level content) just to get energy from attacks. Though energy gain will increase as enemy level increases and it is still more detrimental to have people standing with you as levels increase. AoE splitting damage is also kind of scary where you could get hit basically up to 4 times by 1 attack if you get hit by the initial attack along with your squad.

Is it because of the fact that you'll be taking damage? I did think of just giving Trinity invincibility while she has the barrier active.

Yes. I know that in general cases of matchmaking you aren't likely to run into it as much. But if you have a squad that knows what they are doing and good at their frames, mechanics that require you to get hit are nightmares. There are many occasions that without self-damage on Chroma I'd never reach maximum stacks on Vex in the long duration 50-71secs; unless I run off which then slight defeats it as a support ability if you remove yourself from your squad.

Which is also part if the last response. Where you need to have your squad try to get enemies to aim at you more by positioning themselves around you. It just gets really close to unwarranted cooperation because there are a lot of variables to get your ability to function at its base that honestly might just not be worth the time or effort.

2 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

pretty sure it was this patch

Looked it over and only thing it said was about efficiency after round 14 and the drain while the conduit is spawning. The latter may have already been implemented on PS4. That said, we just got an update today, so I'll see if there's any better efficiency. 

Just now, (PS4)Profane-lite said:

Looked it over and only thing it said was about efficiency after round 14 and the drain while the conduit is spawning. The latter may have already been implemented on PS4. That said, we just got an update today, so I'll see if there's any better efficiency. 

believe me when i say the only time (while playing trin) the squad i was in didnt make it to 8+ is because the team either had too many buffers in it or no AOE DPS. EOS is not a very inclusive mode when it comes to frame options but at the same time you dont need to cheese it either just to make the first full rotation.

1 hour ago, EinheriarJudith said:

game wont lose anything important if all the lazy people stop playing. just saying.

when a trinity is in the party EVERYONE else but trinity is the lazy player. And the trinity don't mind.

1 hour ago, Bao said:

Mesa actually has been nerfed once before. Her Peacemakers were a full 360, meaning you could stand there and press a button and everything in the room would instantly die. She's probably one of the better balanced "aoe" frames out there, because she has stipulations that make her Peacemakers effective.

I don't want her to be nerfed. I just meant, it seems to be The Thing right now. And to be clear, Mesa's four and her near-invulnerability with her shield makes her a pretty lazy frame to play, even if you have to recast. Again, don't really care. But if the criteria for nerfing is 'can kill loads of enemies quickly without a lot of effort,' then she qualifies.