The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How good is Prime Excalibur?

Has 25 more armor.

If DE went on full dunce mode on the stats , than they would have been eligible for a lawsuit from the regular playerbase for GATING POWER forever.

The joke is on the lullied community that does not notice that a 5+ years old game still bears the tag "BETA" - technically , the GATED items are still eligible for limited time re-release .

Imagine people with a slight OCD that like to collect stuff joining the game only to realize that they cant "CATCH EM ALL" because of gated content ....
Not a cool feeling , amirite ? 

2 minutes ago, Volf3r said:

Has 25 more armor.

If DE went on full dunce mode on the stats , than they would have been eligible for a lawsuit from the regular playerbase for GATING POWER forever.

The joke is on the lullied community that does not notice that a 5+ years old game still bears the tag "BETA" - technically , the GATED items are still eligible for limited time re-release .

Imagine people with a slight OCD that like to collect stuff joining the game only to realize that they cant "CATCH EM ALL" because of gated content ....

Noone could "sue" them over "gating power".  It may be in poor taste to some, but it's perfectly legal in their own game.  

As for not being able to get it all.....how about the opposite view point?  How about getting -nothing- special for supporting what used to be a "terrible-but-hopefully-will-improve" game, that is now MUCH better and has not only survived by THRIVED because of the initial support from people who blindly put their faith in DE?  Would that be better?

It's just another Excal skin, more or less.  25 armor won't make or break anyone, either.

So, to the OP, no it's not even remotely needed for late-game.   And If I'm putting in my personal opinion, the recent Dex skin is waaaay cooler xD

5 minutes ago, Volf3r said:

Has 25 more armor.

No they wouldn't have. They did it like this because at first Primes had no better stats and then started happening.

When the time came they understood how bad that would have been so they simply gave him 25 more armor. With Umbra releasing this can be relooked at potentially.

So in short: Not much better because he's not widely available.

Edited by NightmareT12

To be honest here, he only looks a bit different and had 2 polarities while base Excalibur didn't. So in builds, I can run 2 forma build, and regular would take 4 to run the same build. The armor is 250 vs 225. That's basically it for him. You're not losing out, you just missed out helping fund the game is purely it. He's just a token of their gratitude to players like me.

Its more or less the same as excal besides one minor stat being boosted a tiny bit.

Its more a symbol of people who took a gamble when the game was at its infancy and honestly its worse point. As its when DE was struggling and the game was more a very basic beta than what it is now.

Thats why people shouldn't really want it to begin with and also why we shouldn't be upset about umbra (for those who are upset about it). He's merely a trophy and a reminder of older times.

Fun fact Frost Prime was originally going to be a fusion moa event exclusive reward but people didn't like that and thats what eventually made prime access a thing.

Edited by Vilemyre

You get:

(a) 25 more armor which equates to about 30 more HP after everything;

(b) Energy from Void Orbs like every other Prime out there; and

(c) A void key stucked to the face of an otherwise regular excalibur.

But most importantly, you get called a "special snowflake" and/or other names by some (not all) of the non-founders if you use the founders items you paid for and/or inform them that it is no longer available as and when they come up with a post demanding for it.

Seriously, very very annoying.

It's like buying a Rolls Royce which was sold/marketed to you as only having X number of units in the world 5 years ago. Then, some chap comes in and demands the car manufacturer to mass-produce it like Toyota and call you names for buying it.

Great frame to own.

2 minutes ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

You get:

(a) 25 more armor which equates to about 30 more HP after everything;

(b) Energy from Void Orbs like every other Prime out there; and

(c) A void key stucked to the face of an otherwise regular excalibur.

But most importantly, you get called a "special snowflake" and/or other names by some (not all) of the non-founders if you use the founders items you paid for and/or inform them that it is no longer available as and when they come up with a post demanding for it.

Seriously, very very annoying.

It's like buying a Rolls Royce which was sold/marketed to you as only having X number of units in the world 5 years ago. Then, some chap comes in and demands the car manufacturer to mass-produce it like Toyota and call you names for buying it.

Great frame to own.

Basically this. The problem is not the persons whom own something what they bought the only problem is the devs let these items to buy and then closed the doors then others could not buy these products. It is not the founders faults to have these items and I am not pissed at all if I see a founder.

This situation caused by bad advertisement and promises what could not been promised at all but they did not thought out well this. Now the only solution left to add the founder pack availabe to buy on the same price as the founders bought it and let others to purchase. It pisses only few founders while the majority of them have no problem with it at all then the other millions could complete their collection and at least we could see more skana prime and lato prime in matches.

This won't probably happen but this would fix the problem once and for all but now there will be just the frustration and anger.

3 minutes ago, Syndrella said:

Now the only solution left to add the founder pack availabe to buy on the same price as the founders bought it and let others to purchase.

2 minutes ago, Syndrella said:

This won't probably happen but this would fix the problem once and for all but now there will be just the frustration and anger.

DE has said countless times that it is not returning. There is no "probably", it is not happening. No part of this is about what founders want - DE said it would never return, so it wont. Simple.

The only real solution is for people to get over it. If someone is angry over a simple virtual item, they really need to rethink it. 

3 minutes ago, krc473 said:

DE has said countless times that it is not returning. There is no "probably", it is not happening. No part of this is about what founders want - DE said it would never return, so it wont. Simple.

The only real solution is for people to get over it. If someone is angry over a simple virtual item, they really need to rethink it. 

The get over it is not a solution because new peoples will ask for this millions of time. The forbidding is not solve anything or forgeting it's existence. What they said is not set in stone because they not wrote in somewhere this or that won't happen. I am not asking to come back I just told this would be the only solution to chill the peoples and you probably will piss 100-1000 founder maximum but then others will have the chance to buy it if they want. It is a win-win situation in my terms and less stubborn like keep it as exclusive privilege to fews. 

Edited by Syndrella

2 minutes ago, Syndrella said:

I am not asking to come back I just told this would be the only solution to chill the peoples and you probably will piss 100-1000 founder maximum but then others will have the chance to buy it if they want.

If they return the founders packages, there is potential for legal issues. In my country, it could constitute false advertising. Anyone who purchased it could attempt to sue DE. It was advertise as never to return, if they do bring it back, they may encounter issues. Is that risk worth it to DE? It is far easier for all parties if it never returns.

One of the founder exclusives (Skana?) were released for Consoles in Chinaframe, this was in violation of contracts and the service was terminated. If they take this approach, it will never return (*it is possible this is not the reason for termination). Again, this is not about what founders think. If no founders care, DE would still not do it. But this is totally off topic. The question was "What is the benefit of Excalibur Prime". The difference between the two is negligible really, aside from appearance. I would still use a skin on Excalibur Prime.

14 minutes ago, krc473 said:

If they return the founders packages, there is potential for legal issues. In my country, it could constitute false advertising. Anyone who purchased it could attempt to sue DE. It was advertise as never to return, if they do bring it back, they may encounter issues. Is that risk worth it to DE? It is far easier for all parties if it never returns.

One of the founder exclusives (Skana?) were released for Consoles in Chinaframe, this was in violation of contracts and the service was terminated. If they take this approach, it will never return (*it is possible this is not the reason for termination). Again, this is not about what founders think. If no founders care, DE would still not do it. But this is totally off topic. The question was "What is the benefit of Excalibur Prime". The difference between the two is negligible really, aside from appearance. I would still use a skin on Excalibur Prime.

Agreed on this. Maybe not worth to DE but they can use compensation if they does other than that this will be a never ending topic and it causes long time troubles. The reputation of the game can decrease slowly because of the peoples who left this game and left for this reason they can make a negative advertisement of the game. The law issues are a different part and they could only solve this if they compensate the founders so they would not sue them. They made some mistakes with this but hopefully some way they could solve this. 

15 minutes ago, Syndrella said:

Agreed on this. Maybe not worth to DE but they can use compensation if they does other than that this will be a never ending topic and it causes long time troubles. The reputation of the game can decrease slowly because of the peoples who left this game and left for this reason they can make a negative advertisement of the game. The law issues are a different part and they could only solve this if they compensate the founders so they would not sue them. They made some mistakes with this but hopefully some way they could solve this. 

Not to get off-topic, but...if this were gonna be an issue, it'd have happened already over 5 years.  Like most things in the WF community, people act like the game just booted up yesterday and doesn't have a HALF A DECADE of success behind it already.  

Also, as has been stated...this isn't about feelings or opinions or anything like that.  DE is more or less under contract to never release it again, as it was advertised to be a one-time-only deal.  You need to understand, DE was ready to file BANKRUPTCY at the time, and thought they'd be lucky to even get the game out for a month!  They were NOT concerned with 5 years later just yet.   Now that we're here, they're doing things like Umbra...so why are we complaining?

Side note:  Most Immortal skins are just variants on Prime skins, pattern-wise.  So, helmet aside, if you want them ExPrime feels....go get Orokin color palette, Excal Immortal skin, and have at it.  

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Not to get off-topic, but...if this were gonna be an issue, it'd have happened already over 5 years.  Like most things in the WF community, people act like the game just booted up yesterday and doesn't have a HALF A DECADE of success behind it already.  

Also, as has been stated...this isn't about feelings or opinions or anything like that.  DE is more or less under contract to never release it again, as it was advertised to be a one-time-only deal.  You need to understand, DE was ready to file BANKRUPTCY at the time, and thought they'd be lucky to even get the game out for a month!  They were NOT concerned with 5 years later just yet.   Now that we're here, they're doing things like Umbra...so why are we complaining?

Side note:  Most Immortal skins are just variants on Prime skins, pattern-wise.  So, helmet aside, if you want them ExPrime feels....go get Orokin color palette, Excal Immortal skin, and have at it.  

True that story is known and sadly the need is great so they haven't had other options to do this maybe the kickstarter or some other crowdfunding options which just started that time around. I am not complain at all I just told what a solution could solve problems I know there is a law side of this but the only solution would to change the contract and pay compensation for those who paid for this. 

I don't like the excal prime and I am not asking them to give it back I clearly stated just a solution on my part what they could do with it. I personally would like only the lato prime and skana prime but I can live without these. In my opinion the immortal skins are not looks cool and what you stated with the Umbra frames also insignificant because those cannot replace the prime. Maybe better in stats or a different skin, but that is still not a solution for those whom really wants these items. It is business but the players not business peoples mostly and they want their emotions and feelings to be filled.

Again, I am not want or need the founder packs that is not my deal but a lot other peoples wish to get it and that is also a fact the veteran and this consists the founders too decreasing in activity and some others just sold their accs to others for some money. If one day all founder will be inactive then with that the excal prime just become extinct. In the law side there is always solutions and options depend on what the contract signed for and what words were used in. If they have had options then they could make a new contract which keeps the compensation in some form in the case if they break contract.

Also they have eula which consists they could terminate any account at any time which consists the founder accounts too. So basically if you made a big mistake or just unlucky your account can be banned for long time so you lose your founder stuff and everything you paid for. This also is a point where you can sue them but because they made this in their eula and you accepted it you cannot sue them. Which is a bit weird because you have no right to defend your profile if something happens beyond your own will with your account. I know it is their game but they need us as players otherwise their business is end in no time.