The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Khora is just another Nidus

Atekron

5 minutes ago, Atekron said:

play style, they both require and enforce same play style: group and destroy with first ability, repeat

and Khora hardly is supporter, she seem to fill better without team, as well as Nidus

yes, some frames also gather enemies, but Nidus and Khora, by design, supposed to do this, because of "synergy" between first and second

Except Khora doesn't, i've never played her like that. I don't even mod for ensnare at all and im doing just fine. For big groups Strangledome+AoE weapons like amprex works fine, if you want to go on quick missions, just spam whipclaw and that's it, no need to use ensnare at all.

3 minutes ago, Atekron said:

I just share my observation, and why should I play her differently when there is superior, "right" way to play her

That's just your opinion and depends on what are you trying to do. IE: i wouldn't use the same build for exterminate and defense.

Edited by ReinAxefury
Another quote

57 minutes ago, Atekron said:

I just share my observation, and why should I play her differently when there is superior, "right" way to play her

Nidus isn't the right way to play Khora. Nidus is the right way to play Nidus. If you like Nidus, then great. Play him instead of comparing other Warframes to him just because their movesets are only slightly similar. 

I love how people comparing Khora to Nidus overlook some very important point :

Whipclaw synergize with ensnare  and strangledome (So ability 1 synergize with 2 and 4) but the comparison pretty much stop there. Virulence doesn't really synergize with Larva, it's more effective, cause virulence benefit from hitting grouped ennemies. Virulence synergize with Ravenous by making the maggot detonate. I really don't see how you find Khora and Nidus 1 similar beside the fact that they synergize with other skill.  

Ensnare pull ennemies together but they stand still and up, so you can still go for easy headshot. Nidus put everything in the ball so good luck hitting a head in this. 

Venari is very strong if well moded. She can wipe out all armor in one swing, she can heal you a lot with hunter synergy etc... i do agree that defense mode is a bit useless. 

Strangledome has nothing in common with any existing frame besides it's a CC skill. And i really don't see how it has anything in common with Nidus.

All in all, Khora is very strong, not stronger or weaker than Nidus, just different. If you prefer Nidus over Khora or any other frame, than play Nidus. Why does all of what those people say sound like "Khora is too much like Nidus but i don't like her because she's not stronger than Nidus". 

I guess there are a couple of tenuous similarities between the two (1 is a damage-in-front-of-me skill, 2 grabs stuff, 4 is an AoE deploy), but there are far more differences than there are similarities. Just looking at the abilities and their similarities, Nidus' 1 is a narrow wave and he must be touching the ground, while Khora's flings damage at a spot and can be cast on the move. Their 2s are both useful for grouping to damage with 1, but Nidus has his 2 to make stack-collecting easier while Khora's acts as more of a chokepoint trap. Nidus' 4 sends out maggots that damage but is mainly supportive (health regen), while Khora's is a mix of CC and damage with light aggro relief. There are resemblances, but too many differences to really call similar. Also their 3s and passives are in no way the same.

Moreover, the way they play is very different. Nidus draws power and efficacy from a stack mechanic based on him hitting enemies. He slowly builds up his strength, and he is at his best when he gets to hunker down and manifest his Infestation over time. His abilities keep him locked to the ground or in a small space to be at his most effective, but in exchange he's damn near unkillable. Khora on the other hand is quick and deploys rapid CC on command. Her sustain and strength comes from controlling the map with abilities, and also largely through Venari. Khora can't take as many hits, but the right build on her lets you survive well and deal tons of damage at a fast pace. You can play both frames in a similar way, but Khora more easily fits a mobile style and Nidus a more stationary one.

If we're doing a hardcore compare of Khora to other frames, I see Khora as most similar to Vauban, only more survivable, more streamlined, more mobile and can actually deal damage. I'm really looking forward to our ball-tosser's upcoming update.

Warframes are becoming more complex with each release. I think It’s time DE takes a step away from this complexity and make a more simpler, balanced, and deadly warframe. Not saying that the newer ones can’t do well, but when you’ve got ability after ability relying on each other, gameplay gets kind of funky. The pace is already predetermined: activate this ability, then this one, and then re-activate this. Rinse and repeat.

The older designs allowed for multiple reactions towards a situation, whereas today these newer frames must activate abilities in a certain sequence in order to achieve maximum effect. 

I also think that this complexity in their designing is why we are only averaging 1 or 2 warframes a year. 

Edited by (XB1)OTF SERENiTY

24 minutes ago, (XB1)OTF SERENiTY said:

Warframes are becoming more complex with each release. I think It’s time DE takes a step away from this complexity and make a more simpler, balanced, and deadly warframe. Not saying that the newer ones can’t do well, but when you’ve got ability after ability relying on each other, gameplay gets kind of funky. The pace is already predetermined: activate this ability, then this one, and then re-activate this. Rinse and repeat.

The older designs allowed for multiple reactions towards a situation, whereas today these newer frames must activate abilities in a certain sequence in order to achieve maximum effect. 

I also think that this complexity in their designing is why we are only averaging 1 or 2 warframes a year. 

thank you, totally agree, and want to add one thing about "old" design, without "synergy", possibility to mode frame very differently and creatively, thing that we lost with predetermined "synergy"

Edited by Atekron

I've played Nidus and Khora and those frames are way different from each other. Nidus, he's just "use all of his abilities and forget your weapons" While Khora is "Use these abilities to deal with the enemies while you are using your guns". I stopped playing as Nidus because of how much he rely on his abilities to build up Mutation Stacks before you get to use your weapons (I'm one of those players who enjoy using weapons) and you are stand in one spot so you would have a easy time building the mutation stacks. Khora, She don't have the DR buff Nidus got and her CC is no where near the same. Nidus CC can grab a crowd of enemies and he stomps them to death while Khora, you really can't rely on her 1 for Strangledome since some of the enemies would be grabbed at a higher angle than you want it to be.

IMO, Khora just don't have the Constant Synergy gameplay Nidus got.

Nidus is superior to khora in every way.   They just nerfed his mechanics for some of the skills tossed them to khora with an inferior frost globe tossed into the mix.

Khora was a rush frame of which they did not put much effort into it; which is OK since we always need MR foddder just in case they ever introduce something where MR matters.

1 hour ago, Kyronz said:

Khora was a rush frame of which they did not put much effort into it; which is OK since we always need MR foddder just in case they ever introduce something where MR matters.

Haha love your way of thinking. Besides, it's the only frame giving a whopping 12k MR since her kavat has her own MR as well. So yeah, i guess we can say she was made for MR :^)

And Nezha is somewhat a copy/paste of Rhino. There are about to be 36 Warframes. Given the games design, there’s bound to be some overlap.

The game can only compliment 5 styles of play.

Crowd Contol

Damage Per Second

Support Buff/Debuff

Support Heal

Stealth

That’s essentially it. Like even code name Vlad pulls elements from Nyx/Ash/Loki. It’s time we expect overlap in terms of how abilities work, but look forward to themes instead.

well i did have a little faith in the community, then the bandwaggoners came in...

khora is amazing, if you dont agree you're playing her wrong...

and just because you dont enjoy a frame does not mean the frame is bad

11 hours ago, morningstar999 said:

nidus abilities work together and you need to use them all for the frame to be good and for the frame to work, I think Nidus is pretty much the only frame to do that. (due to the stacking system etc)

Khora's abilities all work on their own terms. 

*ahem* Harrow says hello there

13 hours ago, Atekron said:

Funny thing is - people love Nidus and hate Khora, but it's the same frame, just themed slightly differently.

I take this as clear evidence that tentacles are more popular than chains/whips and therefore my fetishes are not weird at all.

14 hours ago, Atekron said:

I finally try to play Khora, and, well, topic title - she is just copy/paste of Nidus.

Completely disagree. I play Nidus extensively. He’s prolly the best out of the box designed frame I’ve seen from DE. He’s my go to for defense or survival when I want to face tank and BFT everything. Khora isn’t in the same league.

Easy example: sorte defense with radiation proc. With larva burst, I can gather enemies to the far end of a map and explode them there. I can keep doing that. The entire squad never gets into the line of fire and can shoot without worry of friendly fire. The defense target hardly takes a hit.

He can mass CC, buff and heal at the same time. He has undying. He makes leveling weapons easy. Depending on map he can sweep up enemies an order of magnitude faster than a spova. He has abilities which can be used even with energy drained.

I can kill steal enemies from across a room in with larva burst or just use it to pull enemies into a big ball if somebody is under duress.

Otherwise, each is a different theme: mutant horror show vs arachnid styled dominatrix.

1 hour ago, (PS4)teacup775 said:

Otherwise, each is a different theme: mutant horror show vs arachnid styled dominatrix.

it's just mascara, they are same inside

btw, Khora is also defence/survival oriented, cos she basicly is Nidus, she do exact things that Nidus do, if you like Nidus - try her 

The moment I saw that Nezha has a fire-based and protection-based ability, I knew that he was just a bad Ember and Rhino that risks getting me banned from region.

The moment I saw that Octavia is a music-based Warframe, I knew that she was just a better Banshee.

The moment I saw that Chroma's 1 can't damage for s***, I knew that he was a worse Ember, Frost, Volt, and Saryn.

The moment I saw that Ivara has an exalted weapon, I knew that she was a worse Excalibur.

The moment I saw that Titania could fly, I knew that she was a better Zephyr.

The moment I saw that Gara could make a glass dome, I knew that she was a bad Frost.

All sounds ridiculous, doesn't it? Well, that's what you guys sound like. 

Edited by (PS4)LeBlingKing69

3 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

The moment I saw that Nezha has a fire-based and protection-based ability, I knew that he was just a bad Ember and Rhino that risks getting me banned from region.

The moment I saw that Octavia is a music-based Warframe, I knew that she was just a better Banshee.

The moment I saw that Chroma's 1 can't damage for s***, I knew that he was a worse Ember, Frost, Volt, and Saryn.

The moment I saw that Ivara has an exalted weapon, I knew that she was a worse Excalibur.

The moment I saw that Gara could make a glass dome, I knew that she was a bad Frost.

Trying to reason with people that think like that is like trying to reason with a brickwall, useless. Once they make that image in their head whether through personal experience with the frame, or from reading/watching stuff about it [this seems to be the most spread cause] they won't change. 

14 hours ago, ChaosSabre said:

The moment I saw her abilities and even more confirmed when I got to use her in game is that she is just a bad spaghetti Nidus with a cat.

it's make sense, just look at her abilities and say they are not similar with which Nidus has

14 hours ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

yeah, it sounds ridiculous, cos you throw some random sentences together, not even trying to make it sound reasonable, that's how it sounds