Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You cannot defy your creator (the sacrifice hype website)

DJ_Vauban

10 minutes ago, Wagstar said:

@Saoren Good job! Good eyes you must have there... 

I'm curious if one of you can find if those numbers have any translation or correlation to anything else we've seen so far. It's interesting that Excal would be called "SUBJECT NINE", when we consider him the first. And "Transference Bolt Test Zone" sound a lot like our Operator abilities...

Note: apparently my web browser broke, and I put this in the wrong thread... whoops

Well, if the Stalker, being a SHADOW (in latin: Umbra) Stalker, is the first Umbra....and he has 7 Acolytes...that's potentially 8 Umbra.

So "Test 9" could be the new one we're going to meet.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Well, if the Stalker, being a SHADOW (in latin: Umbra) Stalker, is the first Umbra....and he has 7 Acolytes...that's potentially 8 Umbra.

So "Test 9" could be the new one we're going to meet.

Oooh, interesting. Stalker was theorized to be potentially Tenno-less, and he does despise the Tenno a lot, so that's interesting.

Greetings, fellow Tenno!

If you have taken the time to visit the new Sacrifice teaser page, I am sure you are as hyped as I am. You will have also noticed several pieces of Orokin text popping up here and there. To some, it may just seem like random bits of meaningless symbols meant to add to the overall beautiful aesthetic of the page. However, most of you know that the Orokin text we see in-game is an actual fleshed out writing language, created by the developers of Warframe. This means that the symbols we see on the page can actually be translated into English. After a few seconds of googling, I was able to find a table that helped me translate these symbols into English. Note that most of the words that appear on the page don't really give us too much insight on what the Sacrifice quest holds, but it is always fun to speculate. Let's get started! 

Ahooaeken

I translated this first set of symbols to "Ahooaeken". It is important to note that not all Orokin symbols translate directly into perfect English spelling, but rather into a set of vowels and consonants that share a similar sound to the English word, since the Orokin do seem to speak in perfect English. Keeping that in mind, I figured that this word is supposed to mean "awaken" (the "ae" in that word is pronounced like "ay", like "way" and "play"). This is probably a reference to the awakening of the tenno, or perhaps something else...

Senteeent

This next word seems to translate into "sentient". Not a surprise, as we may be learning a  bit more about the Lotus, a sentient disguised as Margulus (spelling?). It may also hint towards a sentient arm cannon that we have all been hoping for! 

Test Subjekt

This one is a long one, and seems to translate to "Test Subject". I found this one very interesting, and I think a lot can be derived from it. It could be a reference to the tenno being Orokin test subjects for the warframes, or perhaps it is referring to Umbra in some way.

Helminth

I was quite surprised to find this word hiding in the page. As we know, Helminth is the name of that infested growth in our ship that controls and maintains life support and biological functions of our orbiter/warframes. I am hoping this means that we get to finally see/learn more about our infested friend. And who knows, maybe it will serve some sort of new function on our orbiter (other than curing us of our space herpes).

Brid

This next word was tricky. At first glance, it seems to translate into "Brid", which I did not understand. But upon closer inspection, it can be seen that the first half of the word is cut off by the border of the page. I looked a little closer and tried to make out a piece of a symbol that was barely poking out beyond the border. After doing my best, I figure that the full word looked like this, which translates into "hayebrid". This made far more sense, as the word is clearly "hybrid". This is another interesting one. It could possibly hint towards Umbra being some sort of hybrid between sentient and warframe. If this is the case, we can really begin to speculate about Excalibur Umbra's new abilities, such as being able to adapt to damage, and maybe even being able to fight for itself when its operator transfers out of it. Make sure to leave your speculations down below!

Teno

The last symbol set we have here seems to translate to "tenno". Nothing too much to say here, but I'm hoping our tenno will serve some sort of major roll in the next quest, and maybe even get some new abilities (transferring into enemies pls).

That just about does it for the symbols that pop up on the page, but I would also like to talk about the little bits of English text that also appear on the page. in the bottom right-hand corner, there seems to be a string of text right beside what looks like some sort of weapon/device. The words are incredibly small and blurred, and I already wear glasses, but here is what I made out:

NMBR 01 transference bolt - test z.one

36  N7033  9.SUBJECT NINE

35  N7030  999357  N.  6.790  0.WN

Like I said, I can hardly make out any of that, I am 99% certain I got some of that wrong, so please take a look for yourself and let me know what you find. I was able to read the first line with ease, and it seems to be referring to the device as a "transference bolt". This could possibly be some sort of new weapon for our operator to use, but your guess is as good as mine.

The next set of English text appears in the bottom left-hand corner, right next to what is clearly an outline of Excalibur Umbra. I had absolutely 0 luck in reading any of that, but it looks similar to the previous two lines. We see the words "subject nine" appear again, and I can only assume that subject nine is Excalibur Umbra. If this is the case, who/what were the first 8 test subjects, and what is their purpose? Speculate speculate speculate!

Welp, that's what I've been doing for the last hour. I hope you guys all enjoyed this post and I hope you are as excited as I am for the Sacrifice update! Let me know what you guys all think of it and let me know if I missed anything/got any information wrong and I will be sure to edit it in. Peace out, Tenno!

Edit 1:

Thank you to lxMattAranxl for letting me know about the hidden buttons on Lua and Ballas. This raises all sorts of insight on the intentions of Ballas. Clicking on Lua triggers an audio clip that reads "Lua gives you strength". Simply put, Lua is the home of the tenno. It is where Margulis and Ballas first developed the transference technology and it is where the tenno first became connected to their warframes. Clicking on Ballas' face triggers another audio clip that says "...but you cannot defy your creator" (notice how he says creator rather than creators). In my mind, Ballas is saying that although Lua (your home) gives us strength, we can't overpower/resist Ballas, who sees himself as our creator. Just to add a random point, it can be seen that Ballas' eyes seem to seep with some sort of void-like energy. It is possible that this is a trait shared by other Orokin, seeing as to how they traversed the void on a regular basis. But perhaps Ballas has somehow become corrupted by the void (much like how Vore was corrupted by the void). Although it is unlikely, it is a possibility that he has been possessed by the man in the wall.

Edit 2: 

Big thanks to Taishin_Ishu for his insight. Taishin states the following:

Subject 9 could be one of two things I'm thinking

1.  Stalker is an Umbra (very literally as "Shadow" Stalker, and Hunhow calls him his "Shadow".), and if his Acolytes are as well, of which there are 7 I believe, then we've got 8.  So....Subject 9 is simply the next in line...

2. Correct me if I'm wrong, because I may very well be, but weren't there 8 Warframes at launch?   So...Subject 9 could be sorta like....the Umbra line was worked on immediately thereafter in Lore.  Maybe that's what really freaked Margulis out.

This raises another good point. Although we don't have anything official on the lore behind the Stalker and the Acolytes, we can safely assume that they were among the first Orokin to return from the void, wielding raw and untamed void energy. Since this was before Ballas and Margulis developed transference technology, the Orokin had no choice but to literally encase their bodies within a prototype warframe (the stalker frame and acolyte frames). This method was permanent and seemed almost like a prison sentence. Later on, once the tenno returned from the void, they were spoiled with transference technology, meaning they could hop in and out of different warframes as they pleased. It is quite possible that the Stalker and his acolytes were the first 8 original umbra warframes, seeing as to how they could have been made with early sentient technology, which would also explain why they were so easily manipulated by Hunhow.

Edited by (XB1)I7th SpectrumI

"TEST SUBJECT"

"TENNO"

"AWAKEN"

"HELMINTH"

"SENTIENT"

"HYBRID"

Almost like a warframe that... Uses Eidolon-themed powers. 😄

It's nice they decided to make a new warframe rather than do Umbra. Far too close to Excalibur prime, wouldn't have been respectful to founders. 

5 minutes ago, Wagstar said:

Oooh, interesting. Stalker was theorized to be potentially Tenno-less, and he does despise the Tenno a lot, so that's interesting.

Then again...if Stalker is of Orokin origin....what if...what if BALLAS is the 9th!?  What if HE is the Umbra! O_O  The dark side to our Spacemom's moon, literally!

il y a 3 minutes, The_Lunatic_ a dit :

Almost like a warframe that... Uses Eidolon-themed powers. 😄

It's nice they decided to make a new warframe rather than do Umbra. Far too close to Excalibur prime, wouldn't have been respectful to founders. 

@The_Lunatic_ Hem... but Vlad isn't in the Sacrifice, ya know ? They stated for one year that Excal Umbra is in the quest. Not putting him would be disrespectful to almost everyone.

And those indications are more likely hints on how warframes were made, which is, in fact, the main subject of the quest.

1 minute ago, Saoren said:

@The_Lunatic_ Hem... but Vlad isn't in the Sacrifice, ya know ? They stated for one year that Excal Umbra is in the quest. Not putting him would be disrespectful to almost everyone.

And those indications are more likely hints on how warframes were made, which is, in fact, the main subject of the quest.

Vlad's original concept is from May 29th, 2017. 10 days before the sacrifice teaser was released.

It's also very common for warframes to be released via quests, but unheard of for variants to be done so.

2 minutes ago, The_Lunatic_ said:

It's also very common for warframes to be released via quests, but unheard of for variants to be done so.

However, they said that it would be Umbra... so it will be. Plus, look how incomplete Vlad is vs. Umbra Excal...

11 minutes ago, The_Lunatic_ said:

do you realy have to infest every thread?? take your precious Excal prime and do some Sorties or whatever.. 

1 minute ago, Wagstar said:

However, they said that it would be Umbra... so it will be. Plus, look how incomplete Vlad is vs. Umbra Excal...

Doesn't make much sense they'd risk pissing off founders and releasing exclusive content when they could just make something new and more interesting.

In regards to being incomplete, you may have missed the latest devstream.

https://www.warframe.com/news/devstream-112-overview

He's already running around ingame. 

3 minutes ago, The_Lunatic_ said:

In regards to being incomplete, you may have missed the latest devstream.

Did you pay attention? None of his icons work, cosmetics are broken, abilities are not confirmed, etc. Excal  Umbra: Been ready for a while. When have we known DE to announce a new frame and release it less than a month later?

1 minute ago, Saoren said:

plus, Rebbeca said that Vlad was probably not going to have a quest. And the Sacrifice is right in the corner. So nope, absolutely no link between those two

I just really hope that doesn't mean another bout of RNG lore. Cause I ain't doing that again.

2 minutes ago, Saoren said:

plus, Rebbeca said that Vlad was probably not going to have a quest. And the Sacrifice is right in the corner. So nope, absolutely no link between those two

Umbra was set to be redesigned so it didn't tread on the toes of founders. But, we haven't seen any of this.

It seems to be that Vlad is far more complete than this redesigned umbra is. 

2 minutes ago, Wagstar said:

Did you pay attention? None of his icons work, cosmetics are broken, abilities are not confirmed, etc. Excal  Umbra: Been ready for a while. When have we known DE to announce a new frame and release it less than a month later?

The umbra skin was already confirmed for a redesign, as the founders version is exclusive to china.

We have seen no evidence of this rework, no evidence of new abilities or anything like that. Just the skin already exclusive to china. 

3 minutes ago, The_Lunatic_ said:

Umbra was set to be redesigned so it didn't tread on the toes of founders. But, we haven't seen any of this.

It seems to be that Vlad is far more complete than this redesigned umbra is. 

I sure hope it was redesigned cause as a non founder I really don't want a generic excal with 25 more energy. 

Subject 9 could be one of two things I'm thinking

1.  Stalker is an Umbra (very literally as "Shadow" Stalker, and Hunhow calls him his "Shadow".), and if his Acolytes are as well, of which there are 7 I believe, then we've got 8.  So....Subject 9 is simply the next in line...

2. Correct me if I'm wrong, because I may very well be, but weren't there 8 Warframes at launch?   So...Subject 9 could be sorta like....the Umbra line was worked on immediately thereafter in Lore.  Maybe that's what really freaked Margulis out.