The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did we all forget about Shade/Dethcube?

BelieverZ

It's kind of sad that I feel like shade has had its best time. It's invisibility has no use to me. Same as dethcube his useless lazors. In general the sentinels with the least mods are the ones that just need love. I think taxon and diriga, even though they are quite fresh, need love too. Have you actually seen a Diriga on anyone who wasn't just lvling it for the mr xp?

Edited by Quimoth

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Shade will not get a Prime due to him having a Prisma. (I read somewhere that Prisma & Wraith variants are how DE "Primes" non-Orokin era/made tech.

Dethcube...*looks at his Dethcube still burning in the dumpster of his Orbiter*...we don't talk about Dethcube.

Do you mind finding a source for this? I know things that aren't from the Tenno can't be primed, didn't know Shade wasn't from the Tenno.

1 hour ago, BelieverZ said:

Do you mind finding a source for this? I know things that aren't from the Tenno can't be primed, didn't know Shade wasn't from the Tenno.

Well...

This is a rush job. I believe it was a Cephalon Corydon Q&A that said that.

But from what few websites bother to go into it...

I'll use the wiki for now. As I'm not somewhere where I can do a deep internet dive.

Prime = Orokin Design

Prisma = Weapons remade, redesigned, & upgraded using Prisma Crystals from the void.

Vandal = Tenno Upgraded/Reengineered Corpus Tech

Wraith = Tenno Upgraded/Reengineered Grineer Tech. (If you can call Grineer weaponry Tech...more like slag...scrap...feces...impo)

To be honest. After digging I couldn't find much to support Wraith Weaponry...but I feel like it's the same reasoning as Vandal weapons (makes sense...impo).

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Prime

Vandal stuff:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Vandal

Wraith Stuff:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Wraith

Prisma Stuff:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Prisma

Lets not touch the Dex & Mara series...

3 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Well...

This is a rush job. I believe it was a Cephalon Corydon Q&A that said that.

But from what few websites bother to go into it...

I'll use the wiki for now. As I'm not somewhere where I can do a deep internet dive.

Prime = Orokin Design

Prisma = Weapons remade, redesigned, & upgraded using Prisma Crystals from the void.

Vandal = Tenno Upgraded/Reengineered Corpus Tech

Wraith = Tenno Upgraded/Reengineered Grineer Tech. (If you can call Grineer weaponry Tech...more like slag...scrap...feces...impo)

To be honest. After digging I couldn't find much to support Wraith Weaponry...but I feel like it's the same reasoning as Vandal weapons (makes sense...impo).

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Prime

Vandal stuff:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Vandal

Wraith Stuff:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Wraith

Prisma Stuff:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Prisma

Lets not touch the Dex & Mara series...

Thanks for the info.

I thought Shade was Tenno in design since well nothing besides the Tenno had stealth tech back then, so the shade not being Tenno made is news to me.. But then that means we will get a djinn prime since it was orokin tech before the infested got hold of it... But also

• On the website of the official Warframe merch store, in the Collectibles section under posters in the Prime Poster 3-Pack[1], a recolored Shade equipped with Summus Prime accessories can be seen hovering next to Mag Prime on the Mag Prime Poster.

Sentinels overall less used in high tier missions because of their survivability. The djinn got an augment that can revive him in a minute which is supposed to be the regen ability. This was a kick on the face to the sentinels because their potential is their survivability could be and with this regen mechanic they could be more useful than they are now.

Another fact is the sentinels have no weapon sets like we have and with this limitation we cannot make interesting weapon builds. Imagine a wyrm with a flamethrower or a better machine gun the dethcube or with a gauss cannon the shade. These are examples and the devs could just improve their arsenal and make the regen more useful ability. Also do you guys noticed there is a steel fiber for the sentinels to boost armor yet there is no a single sentinel which can have benefit from it? Maybe the prime ones but still not add significant damage reduction and survivability.

I still use shade for the stealth option with nyx and other frames but the dethcube sadly cannot do so much beyond vaporize. It can ruin your stealth mission same with wyrm and the shade is the most peacful sentinel in my book which not shot so agressively. I know the mod line is important but in my experience the shade really want to fill his/her job. 

The djinn is rare sentinel but after that augment it would not be a surprise if it will be used more.

4 minutes ago, Szilvia said:

Sentinels overall less used in high tier missions because of their survivability. The djinn got an augment that can revive him in a minute which is supposed to be the regen ability. This was a kick on the face to the sentinels because their potential is their survivability could be and with this regen mechanic they could be more useful than they are now.

Another fact is the sentinels have no weapon sets like we have and with this limitation we cannot make interesting weapon builds. Imagine a wyrm with a flamethrower or a better machine gun the dethcube or with a gauss cannon the shade. These are examples and the devs could just improve their arsenal and make the regen more useful ability. Also do you guys noticed there is a steel fiber for the sentinels to boost armor yet there is no a single sentinel which can have benefit from it? Maybe the prime ones but still not add significant damage reduction and survivability.

I still use shade for the stealth option with nyx and other frames but the dethcube sadly cannot do so much beyond vaporize. It can ruin your stealth mission same with wyrm and the shade is the most peacful sentinel in my book which not shot so agressively. I know the mod line is important but in my experience the shade really want to fill his/her job. 

The djinn is rare sentinel but after that augment it would not be a surprise if it will be used more.

Sentinels are much more survivable if you remove their weapon. 

23 minutes ago, (PS4)vl_Monarch_lv said:

There is no reason to use them if they cannot use their weapons. Also that is not make them less favorable target and a random mob can shot down them with one shot. 

32 minutes ago, (PS4)vl_Monarch_lv said:

I know this thing but there is no point really not use the weapons. They can do new weapons, mods which helps their survivability because this weapon removing is just a bandaid solution for a broken thing. The easiest way to not use them at all...

13 hours ago, BelieverZ said:

Shade has been in the game since update 7.

But hasn't received a prime variant - while other sentinels have skipped ahead.

Does no one else use the shade? Or is it just me.

Considering shade has a prisma version, don't forget about Dethcube released update 8 - but no prime variant. Dethcube used to own back in the day with his machine gun

Are these two sentinels the least used in this game currently?

I was of the same mindset until they released negate (wyrm) and reawaken (djinn).

Hoping for companion 2.0 to get looked at sometime after melee.

They're both around, but I imagine they're used infrequently due to the kind of usefuleness they provide. Shade is good for stealth, but a stealth frame does Shade's job better and makes its occasional invisibility redundant. Dethcube's specialty is damage, but it doesn't compare in damage to most weapons and Warframes. Sentinels have their appeal in utility and Dethcube doesn't provide much of that.

6 minutes ago, Sibernetika said:

But in all honesty the reawaken mod for djinn just gives the ability to say "Hi dji.. Bye djinn" every 90 seconds 

Perhaps, but at least it gives me hope.

Hope that sentinels are not abandoned.. yet..

9 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Shade will not get a Prime due to him having a Prisma. (I read somewhere that Prisma & Wraith variants are how DE "Primes" non-Orokin era/made tech.

Dethcube...*looks at his Dethcube still burning in the dumpster of his Orbiter*...we don't talk about Dethcube.

Skana, Skana Prime, Prisma Skana 👀

Edited by Fishyflakes

25 minutes ago, Fishyflakes said:

Skana, Skana Prime, Prisma Skana 👀

I guess Skana Prime doesn't technically exist since its Founder only?

I dunno. Everything has loopholes in this game.

Valkyr Prime (doesn't resemble her Gersemi skin), the soon to be Revenent Frame made from Eidolon stuff (who apparently will have a Prime, & Nidus Prime (when he hits...how is that explained?)

as of now, im currently having fun with Diriga, Djinn and Dethcube... or must be because i have a riven and after 5 formas on Vulklok, it can be somewhat "viable" 

then again, Bombards would just Steph-Curry them out and boom 

Edited by BeeWhyOhBee

Just now, BeeWhyOhBee said:

i have a riven and after 5 formas on Vulklok, it can be somewhat "viable" 

Considering how Vulkok is just a budget Lanka with INFINITE AMMO and the Sentinel helping you fire it, I think at this rate the Sentinel doesn't matter XD

1 minute ago, Datam4ss said:

Considering how Vulkok is just a budget Lanka with INFINITE AMMO and the Sentinel helping you fire it, I think at this rate the Sentinel doesn't matter XD

yeah, it makes life easier. specially with Deth Machine Rifle. you can equip MR fodder weapons and they can help ya deal dmg. 
then again they're more of a 1 hit on Bombards :( 

i really wish they'd do something about that  

I use Prisma Shade exclusively. And I only do so because it has the most useful exclusive ability to my play style. I would go for the kubrow if I could tone down the aggression to basically "only attack what I tell you to attack". I only use Sentinels for their utility.

I have even gone so far as to wish for a sort of "Symbiote" style companion. Basically a glorified syandana/armor piece with one or two sentinel mod slots, no health of it's own and absolutely no attack options and limited options from the Sentinel mod loadout. 

As for Primes for either of those... they simply aren't that used so a Prime is not something anyone would really want. I have been thinking of dusting off the Dethcube for some fun times, but I just don't see it fitting in with my play style.

Edited by Lakais