Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need advice. Soma Prime isn’t working for end game.

(XBOX)GetDELETED1681

really depends on what you're looking for.

some great weapons:

Ignis (wraith) good weapon, can be modded for blast procs so the enemies keep tumbling. Also packs a decent amount of dmg, unlike the soma(prime) without a riven.

Tigris(prime/sancti) can easily be made into a one hit wonder for most enemies, viral + slash + insane amounts of base damage make for a perfect killing machine.

Opticor, really funny when fully modded, can hit incredibly hard but takes some time to practice with.

Those are the primaries I use for most high level enemies. Sniper also do well but are poorly equiped for some jobs. I also recommend you try some weapons with hunter munitions for some fun (it can make some crit based weapons a lot stronger especially vs armored units).

7 minutes ago, (XB1)DHG MumfordsSon said:

I’m looking for a replacement and I’m at a loss. Literally used it for like 2 years as a main -_-

What mods are you using on this weapon? Personally I would recommend a status/crit build featuring Hunter Munitions and Vigilante Armaments.

Replacements vary from Tiberon Prime, to Burston Prime with a status build, if you're looking for Prime rifles, but there's a lot more out there now.

Edited by Koldraxon-732
Added two suggested weapons; Tiberon Prime is a super-flexible selectable burst/semi/auto rifle with a clip smaller than the normal Braton, but bigger than Latron Prime. It's very effective.

Supra/Vandal, Buzlok, Braton/Burston Prime, Tenora, Tiberon Prime, Zenith, and most of the Continuous Weapons are all choices that will serve you very well with bringing both Status and Crit to the table.
Kohm is also a noteworthy option, Panthera can perform quite well.

i excluded Weapons that are nothing like Soma, since if you mention Soma one would assume you're looking for things that aren't completely different than it (so Spike Damage Weapons are unrelated).

note that, your Loadout of Vile Acceleration and Heavy Caliber pretty well solidifies Soma as a Shotgun Range Weapon. if you're aware of that then carry on.

Just now, (XB1)DHG MumfordsSon said:

I used a site called warframe builder back in the day but seems outdated.

define outdated? if a Mod here and there or a new Weapon isn't there, you could bring it up with Stoi in his Thread, and he'll get to it when he can.

Edited by taiiat

Just to see if I'm on the right track, Tigris Prime for example. Is this a good/the best build?

Vicious Spread, Primed Point Blank, Sweeping Serration, Hells Chamber, Toxic Barrage, Frigid Blast, Scattering Inferno and Shell Shock.

Lenz with... Serr, Heavy Cal, Split S, Point, Infected, Primed Cyros, viral acceleration and vital sense?

And maybe..

Amprex.. Serration, Heavy, Split, Point, Vital, Vile, Cyro and Stormbringer?

4 hours ago, (XB1)DHG MumfordsSon said:

I’m looking for a replacement and I’m at a loss. Literally used it for like 2 years as a main -_-

My suggestion would be to get your hands on a Prisma Gorgon and a Gorgon riven (and do a good roll). Prisma Gorgon can be a total beast, especially modded for crit (it has a base crit chance of 30% and a base multiplier of 2.3). My current build (can't remember the mods) has a total IPS damage of 400+, crit chance over 100%, a crit multiplier over 5 and 1.2 m punch through). Since it auto-crits every shot with (at least) a 5X multiplier, the damage per bullet is >2000 and 75% of the damage is impact (pretty nice for a full-auto gun with 120 rounds in the mag and a fire-rate of around 14 rounds per sec). I actually also use an improved fire rate (don't remember how much). It is quite flexible, so you can switch mods around for different setups. If you would rather go for status, you can use Gorgon Wraith. Or both weapons, built around the same riven even.

It takes a while to get used to the spool-up and the recoil. However, the first shot is pinpoint accurate, which makes a crit-based Prisma Gorgon into a hell of a "semi-auto" headshot sniper (with 120 bullets in the mag 🙂) all over the starmap (do the math: 400 base damage times crit times headshot...). In end-game missions you need to let rip though (at standard fire-rate one mag takes around 10 sec, and that is around 48000 base IPS damage, if you are critting every shot it is at least 110000 damage, with the basic 2.3 multiplier, and if you are good at head-shotting...).

I love Soma Prime, it was my goto gun for a lot of the starmap. I also still remember how I hated the basic Gorgon. But Prisma Gorgon is something else, IMO it sits a couple of levels above Soma Prime, and that is as top tier as it gets. The rest is down to preference, warframe compatibility and mission settings (IPS damage do not work well with some sortie missions).

Edited by Graavarg

8 hours ago, (XB1)DHG MumfordsSon said:

Current build is..

heavy cal, serration, split chamber, point strike, vital sense, stormbringer, vile acceleration and infected chip. 4 mod.

hasnt been changed in awhile so it could be that 

I woupd suggest serration, split chamber, vigilante armanents, argon scope, point strike, hunter munitions and the primed cold mod.

Greatly increases the endgame scalebility of the weapon.

i ld suggest switching to shotgun type , like the sobek / tigris , or explosiv type like the pox / torid  / zarr .

if u want to stick with auto rifle, the buzlok is a great start , but this archtype fall off dmg is too important T.T

Soma will only work good for endgame if you have a bladed rounds/crit build and yeah, even then the TTK is too high for my tastes, there's now far better choices. 

Most people will use Tiberon Prime as a direct replacement for Soma P.  I personally like my Glaxion because I have a riven for it and I've turned it into a 100% status armor stripping monstrosity.   I've also heard great things about the Supra Vandal since the MR/Weapon changes.  Amprex is also always a solid choice. 

If you want to move away from Rifle archetype then weapons like the Sobek, Kohm and Tigris are great for dishing out massive damage.  Astilla will also do endgame levels of damage, but I find the ammo on it drains kind of fast.   Basically shotguns can get pretty insane but they also have some ammo management issues.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

7 hours ago, (XB1)INe Saninus said:

Baza

This is ONLY with a Riven though.  I already has this discussion with another guy before and there's literally 25+ rifles that have higher DPS outputs than the Baza.   The thing is a pile of crap realistically.  Soma P. is roughly the same - but beats the Baza out because of the falloff on the Baza and Baza chews through ammo.  22m in Warframe is a joke, and to be losing damage outside of that range is an even bigger joke. 

Basically the only time Baza is worth anybody's time is in Stealth missions or with a riven.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

Telos Boltor/Prisma Gorgon/Prismatic Grakata is a good replacement.

If you insist on the Soma, then you just need a Viral /hunter munition build

6 hours ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

This is ONLY with a Riven though.  I already has this discussion with another guy before and there's literally 25+ rifles that have higher DPS outputs than the Baza.   The thing is a pile of crap realistically.  Soma P. is roughly the same - but beats the Baza out because of the falloff on the Baza and Baza chews through ammo.  22m in Warframe is a joke, and to be losing damage outside of that range is an even bigger joke. 

Basically the only time Baza is worth anybody's time is in Stealth missions or with a riven.  

Don't underestimate the importance of accuracy and lack of recoil on the Baza.

It also has zero spool up time to get to max fire rate.

*BUT*

Yes, it needs a riven to reach that level. (Which I stated in my post)

Edited by (XB1)INe Saninus

So you need to update your build. Slap on hunter munitions, vigilante armaments, cold + toxin. (I use primed cold thingy + riven)

The rest is serration, split chamber and crit mods.

Soma is just great. But take note while it used to be the best, there are now 10-20 rifle type weapons of similar or better power.

ANY of them can work for endgame. Get a good enough crit for hunter munitions or good enough status for melting armor.

My weapon of choice right now is a riven infused Tiberon P, with combo of gas and slash damage. Can deal upwards of 15k slash damage on a grineer.

Also depends what you call endgame? Lvl 100? Any works, 150 most work, 200+ you need to exploit some form of synergy.