Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fighting Umbra is terrible!!!

Ragna677

Okay so I'm getting to the parts where I'm fighting Umbra with my Operator but Umbra just kills me in two to 3 hits. All I can do is just keep respawning and whittling him down. Its killing the whole feel of the quest!!! 

If you didn't rush the quest and bothered to unbind some waybounds, as well as get a good amp, actually it is a cakewalk.

4 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

If you didn't rush the quest and bothered to unbind some waybounds, as well as get a good amp, actually it is a cakewalk.

Yeah just advice to someone who is MR6-8 to just wait literal weeks before actually being able to continue the questline, what a great idea.

• Like 3

Yeah I have a super weak operator. You just have to kind of kite him with void dash and you'll beat him eventually. He has certain timings for radial jav and he's not the smartest at climbing things so if you manage your energy and plan out where to dash it is actually possible (barely). 

Also. When you finally get to use Umbra during the quest. Hes severely under powered. Your operator is like "No.... Let them come." And then you have to kite the enemy while running from them because they'll wipe the floor with you if you try going head on. The Sacrifice quest line is very underwhelming because of these problems.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ragna677 said:

Also. When you finally get to use Umbra during the quest. Hes severely under powered. Your operator is like "No.... Let them come." And then you have to kite the enemy while running from them because they'll wipe the floor with you if you try going head on. The Sacrifice quest line is very underwhelming because of these problems.

Amps and operators are part of the game, so they will be used whether you like it or not, all you can do is deal with it 

As for the umbra being underpowered, you obviously didn’t use him correctly. A well timed howl and a few hits from his EB will do the job....most people waste the energy on ‘exploring’ his abilities and end up wasting it 

14 minutes ago, Ragna677 said:

Umbra underpowered????

I guess you didn't mod him. He is a better excal and excal is all but underpowered ...

2 minutes ago, Chrisplaysmore said:

Umbra underpowered????

I guess you didn't mod him. He is a better excal and excal is all but underpowered ...

Em, you do realize that you can't mod him for that fight, right? All you have are 3 umbra mods frame and 2 umbra mods nikana.

Personally, I had my eidolon killer loadout for the operator and ended up having to fight enemies as a kid because Umbra was simply too weak. Certainly not what I was expecting from a "savage frame" I was advertised throughout the questline.

1 minute ago, EvilChaosKnight said:

Em, you do realize that you can't mod him for that fight, right? All you have are 3 umbra mods frame and 2 umbra mods nikana.

Personally, I had my eidolon killer loadout for the operator and ended up having to fight enemies as a kid because Umbra was simply too weak. Certainly not what I was expecting from a "savage frame" I was advertised throughout the questline.

True forgot, but this fight was actually not any trouble at all.

16 minutes ago, Chrisplaysmore said:

True forgot, but this fight was actually not any trouble at all.

Well, if you are an eidolon hunter, it's actually really easy tbh. Like laughably easy.
My personal problem is that for all the build up and story, Umbra himself was just... weaksauce. Not in general, that you can fix with mods, formas, 200k endo and such. But when you first connect with him and go on a fight together which is supposed to be satisfactory at least and awesome at best... you just don't get that experience. Sentients quite clearly outclass your frame, random corrupted deal rather significant damage, and unless you spam exalted blade, you are actually going to have a bad time fighting stuff as Umbra for the first time. It's not very hard, but it doesn't feel AWESOME as it should.

Stuff gets even worse if you do it in operator mode after having invested time and effort into the kid's abilities. You are going around, blasting off corrupted and sentients alike with your void demon powers, and Umbra is just hanging back there, barely doing anything due to its metally challenged AI. So, who's the "muscles" in this team? Shouldn't it be the frame? XD
He's certainly not the "brains" either looking at how well it reacts to enemies nearby.

UPD:
When I think about it, it's kinda a no-win scenario. Either your operator is strong AF and makes Umbra look bad, or your kid is weak and the fight with Umbra and following enemies is frustrating as all hell. Pick your poison, I guess.

Edited by EvilChaosKnight

50 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Yeah just advice to someone who is MR6-8 to just wait literal weeks before actually being able to continue the questline, what a great idea.

That's the price of rushing to get things done. Less preparation = more risk and difficulties. It's applicable in real life as well.

I'm not going to check everyone's profile just to see their MR before I reply.

5 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

That's the price of rushing to get things done. Less preparation = more risk and difficulties. It's applicable in real life as well.

I'm not going to check everyone's profile just to see their MR before I reply.

That's not "rushing". I'm pretty sure that someone starting Warframe today can hit Sacrifice in like a week, 2 days after doing The Second Dream (before what the Operator and Focus Schools don't even exist), and no where in the game something is telling you "hey go to Cetus now, this zone you visited a while ago, you could build tons of stuff that could be helpful against one part of the next quest".

The whole Operator environment is completely blurry for a not-advised player who knows where to go and when.

For sure, people with million of Focus points or an enhanced Amp will wreck through Umbra, but a lot of players will have a hard time and probably give up because they just don't understand what the hell is going on.

Edited by Chewarette

3 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

That's not "rushing". I'm pretty sure that someone starting Warframe today can hit Sacrifice in like a week, 2 days after doing The Second Dream (before what the Operator and Focus Schools don't even exist), and no where in the game something is telling you "hey go to Cetus now, this zone you visited a while ago, you could build tons of stuff that could be helpful against one part of the next quest".

The whole Operator environment is completely blurry for a not-advised player who knows where to go and when.

For sure, people with million of Focus points or an enhanced Amp will wreck through Umbra, but a lot of players will have a hard time and probably give up because they just don't understand what the hell is going on.

So basically you are suggesting to hand everything out on a silver platter? I understand it will be very hard for undergeared people who just joined Warframe not too long ago, but that is applicable to all content.

If one fails, rather than asking for the challenge to be made easier, why not rise up to it? There is no time limit to the sacrifice quest. This isn't a tactical alert. You are free to play it 10 years down the road (if Warframe still exists).

39 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

So basically you are suggesting to hand everything out on a silver platter? I understand it will be very hard for undergeared people who just joined Warframe not too long ago, but that is applicable to all content.

If one fails, rather than asking for the challenge to be made easier, why not rise up to it? There is no time limit to the sacrifice quest. This isn't a tactical alert. You are free to play it 10 years down the road (if Warframe still exists).

I've never said it should be dumbed down that much. But today it's not hard if you're unstuffed, it's frustrating. It technically can't be hard because you have one spell to spam, and you cannot die at all.

It can be challenging without being a complete chore.

Edited by Chewarette

Am 18.6.2018 um 10:30 schrieb (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson:

It is a high level quest, so you need high level gear for both operator and warframe. Thats if you want it to be easy.

The Problem is you don't need that at all for it to be easy, as dying with the operator literally has zero consequence. It was the same during the Harrow endfight (before the little movement rework). It doesn't matter at all that you die a thousand times, you just respawn and continue where you left. I understood the OP in the way that this kills immersion and I wholeheartedly agree. They could remove his ability to hit you in voidmode, but in turn make it possible for you to fail the mission instead. (for clarity: only in the operator only mission, having your glass-zenurik-enabler making your regular missions fail could be annoying 😉 )

• 1 month later...
On 2018-06-18 at 4:32 AM, Ragna677 said:

That'd be fine and all but the game doesn't even tell you that. It doesn't give you any direction or helpful hints at all.

I AGREE that The Sacrifice is a challenge to those that don't have their gear leveled up enough, which is why I came looking around the forums as the Umbra is handing me my a** because I have a low level operator.

But as someone mentioned - you can ONLY do this quest after you have -- 1 -- Unlocked all the planets -- 2 -- Completed several high level Quests -- 3 -- Fully opened the Void -- 4 -- accessed the Kuva Fortress -- among other things.

So to sit there and cry about being MR 7 and not being able to beat Umbra is a bit of a short coming. If you've been grinding to acheive the Umbra (or whatever goals ingmae you've set for yourself) but maybe you've paid a ton of cash and think you can just "magically" beat everything ingame -- idk.

The short of it is it's quite possible to grind straight to The Sacrifice and get most of the way there with a decent (not end game) Warframe setup.  But without portions of your Operator leveled up OR (as someone mentioned) being really good at kiting and have that much patience -- it's NOT a low level Quest.

If you want a low level Quest, go replay the Darvo quest.

If you want the Umbra, level the appropriate gear and equipment up and go do the quest.

On 2018-06-18 at 6:07 AM, Chewarette said:

I've never said it should be dumbed down that much. But today it's not hard if you're unstuffed, it's frustrating. It technically can't be hard because you have one spell to spam, and you cannot die at all.

It can be challenging without being a complete chore. 

You might not have -- BUT the OP sure as hell did make that exact clami -- hence the thread of people pointing out that making the quest easier is flawed logic and suggestions that if someone wants "easy then stick to Earth maps.

On 2018-06-18 at 5:19 AM, Chewarette said:

The quest difficulty is fine as it is. The problem is the lack of a proper tutorial for new players that can guide them in right direction.

Edited by Dragazer