Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yet another Founder whining about something

OriVerda

29 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

That's good to know!

You starting a thread basically saying you sometimes felt ostracized for being a Founder only to have another Founder blast your profile pic was a bit much imo.

Wait what..? Are you looking for a fight or something..?

I was not telling OP to go change his glyph, I participated in a discussion, one OP opened with, and I quote:

1 hour ago, OriVerda said:

I'm proud of being a Founder, I'm happy with what I've received from DE even if it isn't something that will win me fights against level 100+ enemies. I wouldn't reverse my purchase for anything.

But sometimes, well, a lot of times, I wish I could hide it from my profile. Sometimes it's a badge of honour, most times it's the mark of Cain.

I responded and indicated that sporting an Excalibur Prime glyph would not work towards that desire of ''a lot of times, I wish I could hide it from my profile'', after which I even told him that he has nothing to be ashamed of if he isn't being a garbage person towards others about his Founder status.

You then asked me how changing a glyph is supposed to help, to which I explained. Which btw, assumes that the situation is one where someone would get triggered by any real indication of someone being a Founder with their exclusives, glyph, frame/weapon.

I said nothing on whether he -should- hide anything, nor did I express anything to indicate that the sensitive fee fees of jealous people should be catered to.

1 hour ago, OriVerda said:

I'm proud of being a Founder, I'm happy with what I've received from DE even if it isn't something that will win me fights against level 100+ enemies. I wouldn't reverse my purchase for anything.

But sometimes, well, a lot of times, I wish I could hide it from my profile. Sometimes it's a badge of honour, most times it's the mark of Cain.

So, point is.. ; You wanted to show your grand master badge off on a rather Rhetorical post.. lol 🙂

34 minutes ago, Lanadra said:

Wait what..? Are you looking for a fight or something..?

I was not telling OP to go change his glyph, I participated in a discussion, one OP opened with, and I quote:

I responded and indicated that sporting an Excalibur Prime glyph would not work towards that desire of ''a lot of times, I wish I could hide it from my profile'', after which I even told him that he has nothing to be ashamed of if he isn't being a garbage person towards others about his Founder status.

You then asked me how changing a glyph is supposed to help, to which I explained. Which btw, assumes that the situation is one where someone would get triggered by any real indication of someone being a Founder with their exclusives, glyph, frame/weapon.

I said nothing on whether he -should- hide anything, nor did I express anything to indicate that the sensitive fee fees of jealous people should be catered to.

Sure thing Bud...I'm glad you went to your initial post and cleaned it up though.😃

From one Grandmaster to another, honestly .. Who gives a #*!%? I'm really having trouble understanding this. Maybe I just don't care at all what other people think, but wanting to hide something you should be proud of for fear of reprisal is ridiculous to me. #*!%'em.

26 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

Sure thing Bud...I'm glad you went to your initial post and cleaned it up though.😃

What are you talking about..?

2 hours ago, Lanadra said:

Yeeeah, with that glyph you're not exactly making an effort to hide it.

Also, it's nothing to be ashamed of if you're not being a $&*^ about what you have that others don't, ergo, if you're not being a garbage person, you've got nothing to be ashamed of. At that point, just let it glide off and write it up as someone being triggered and jealous.

I haven't removed anything from it.

4 hours ago, OriVerda said:

You care too much what other people think. It’s their problem, not yours. 

hace 4 horas, OriVerda dijo:

i've omething to say
can i see ur excal prime in game?

Eh, never cared too much about excal prime. He was never that much better then the original and personally i thought the default look was better then the prime anyways. Honestly you shouldn't care what others think. If they throw a hissy fit at you for owning an eletrical charge in a server who knows where with a little bit of extra bling then maybe you should just block and move on. Dont waste you time with it. Not worth it man.

14 minutes ago, TzXtetriC said:

So much fuzz for a frame that has 2 more variants of it, one being better that the prime? I mean... excalibur in general is..... meh.

You're in the wrong thread, this one's not about him, nor should you make it so.

2 hours ago, WhiteCr0w said:

From one Grandmaster to another, honestly .. Who gives a #*!%? I'm really having trouble understanding this. Maybe I just don't care at all what other people think, but wanting to hide something you should be proud of for fear of reprisal is ridiculous to me. #*!%'em.

Sometimes its not about what people think of any particular person. Its an amplification of a problem from "overall discontent of non-founders" when ever a founder makes a stupid statement/request. A disdain is made into a generalization that is then used against everyone in the group. If you could "hide" the badge you just take away an easy indicator for people to derail a discussion for no real or relevant reason. It is honestly tiring, I have seen threads made by non-founders go "normally" to where you have a thread a founder made suddenly get side tracked by being a founder "looking for sinister motives" even if the topics are similar.

19 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

Conduct thyself in a manner becoming of a founder and not of a spoilt child and see the outcome.

Granted envy and jealousy are a pain to deal with. Though now Limbo mains have a kindred soul in the form of founders now.

I am not sure what the purpose of this is. The difference between a Founder and a non-founder is what, $25-250 during a certain time period? People are people and there isn't a reason to generalize a group based on that nor should they pressured to act a certain way because of it. If a person who happens to be a founder has a dumb idea, they shouldn't be treated any different than any other person with a dumb idea (you need never want for more looking through out the forums as a generalization of natural community dynamics of any forum). And honestly it is not the founders being the ones acting like "spoiled children" most the time. There will always be individuals on both sides causing trouble.

@OriVerda to provide a little perspective:

Try living life with a birthmark on your face. Does it in any way effect who I am, what I can learn, what I can do, my intellect, my physical strength, the validity of my opinions? No.

Will people pass judgment over me as person and my capabilities because of a splash of colour on my face? You bet they will.

You've just got to toughen up. Sad fact is many people are just base creatures that have failed to evolve intellectually even the tiniest amount beyond their core instincts. Those kinds of people will generally resort to being mean spirited if they feel threatened in some way. Life isn't easy and there's always someone that has it worse than you do soldiering on.

I proudly display my founder status even if I don't use the excal p glyph all the time.(I like to change my glyph a lot). And hey if people can't handle that and get triggered or salty about it that's their problem. But I can u understand wanting to hide it. Some people just can't get over themselves and feel the need to attack others just for having something they can't have. 

I think most of the hatred towards the founders is a small minority of individuals wanting exclusive and special treatment just because they're a founder. That rubs everyone the wrong way, and makes them hostile. Unfortunately, this means that founders will get hatred directed at them even if it isn't warranted.