Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there a reason we can't sell Umbra for credits?

Wevi

4 hours ago, Chewarette said:

25k credits is 25k credits goddamnit

hqdefault.jpg

No, fool. The philosophy of GROFIT is that you make profit with having growth in you business.

Only a short-sighted simpleon would make such decision: a short burst of profit... But then where is the growth? Where is the return for your... Donation... Yes... aside from just credits you would make in a Sector of Darkness, you lose an unique asset.

Goof? Profit? GOOFIT.

On 2018-07-01 at 5:00 AM, Teloch said:

I'd sell it any day, any time.

But the Tenno mode being your account, it would puff into nothingness on pulling the trigger on the sale. Or, of course you could accidentally sell yourself into slavery I guess but that seems dark for the direction Warframe has gone.

On 2018-06-30 at 11:40 PM, TheEnderboss said:

more like screaming autistic brother.

Do you even know what autism is, I would ask you to kindly never use that to describe anything, as a Major in psychology, and a person who is on the spectrum, this is disrespectful towards people who you don't remotely understand, thank you.

5 hours ago, Sakasil said:

Do you even know what autism is, I would ask you to kindly never use that to describe anything, as a Major in psychology, and a person who is on the spectrum, this is disrespectful towards people who you don't remotely understand, thank you.

As someone who has an autistic younger brother that I am VERY protective of, I agree with you, Sakasil. That comment was both shortsighted and insulting and I, too, would ask that you think before you speak, TheEnderboss. 

As for the topic at hand: I would have to agree with a number of people here. Why would you sell Excalibur Umbra? I am avoiding spoilers, but even I know that it may play a crucial role in a future quest. The fact that he also looks awesome is a great reason not to sell him as well. That scarf is amazing!

Edited by (XB1)N7 Sinner

I think you should be able to scrap him.

Then an awesome cutscene will play out umbra killing the tenno which climaxes at you getting forced log out.

Finally when you tried to login again Ordis will speak : "Operator, i lost your biometrics for a moment there. What *WERE YOU THINKING ABOUT* happened?

Of course umbra still stay unsold.

19 hours ago, Urlan said:

But the Tenno mode being your account, it would puff into nothingness on pulling the trigger on the sale. Or, of course you could accidentally sell yourself into slavery I guess but that seems dark for the direction Warframe has gone.

I refuse to associate with that hideous creature created by DE and persistently showed down my throat. No matter how hard they try, I will not connect to it on emotional level and say 'that's me in this fictional universe'

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

I refuse to associate with that hideous creature created by DE and persistently showed down my throat.

You are in no way obliged to eat yourself.

On 2018-06-30 at 6:06 PM, Tiltskillet said:

I've also noticed I can't sell Lotus, the Orbiter, or my UI. 

If you think that's unreasonable, try out Nier.

Edited by ModuloZero

2 hours ago, Teloch said:

I refuse to associate with that hideous creature created by DE and persistently showed down my throat. No matter how hard they try, I will not connect to it on emotional level and say 'that's me in this fictional universe'

Well hey, you have a hideous personality so DE just decided to show what you are on the inside to everyone on the outside.

3 hours ago, Teloch said:

I know how you feel there, I have a clanmate that insists that he is in fact an awareness that occupies his warframe collection and due to pity in 2nd Dream now essentially has a 'ward' to try to make useful to them.

So if umbra is unique and reassembled rather than rebuilt (clone), why do I see so many in relays.  We cannot ignore the fact that there is more than one.. 

We scanned and rebuilt the parts and uploaded the memory.  Otherwise, we have to pretend we are only tenno is a MMO game...

On 2018-07-04 at 7:32 PM, Sakasil said:

joke

a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, especially a story with a funny punchline.

On ‎2018‎-‎06‎-‎25 at 5:06 PM, (PS4)godlysparta said:

Sentience means that it’s capable of making decisions and having morality. It can feel sadness and emotion. It is aware of what you’re doing. Basically, it’s means Umbra is like a human. You’re selling a creature that understands that it is being sold.

Wrong. Sentience just means being capable of responding to sensory stimuli.

The more correct term in this case would be Sapience (which can be summarised as basic self-awareness, being able to both conceive of ideas and express them to others), but that does not imply emotion.

46 minutes ago, TheEnderboss said:

thats because you dont know what a joke is thats why i typed it in there for ya

Saying it's a joke doesn't make any less offensive to others. If I called someone some offensive term and just called it a joke, does that make it okay? No. With friends, you generally know their boundaries with these kinds of things, but in public spaces you don't know you is reading your posts. Autism is a very serious topic and should never be made light of. Hope you can recognize that this isn't your local middle school cafeteria.