Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Update ruined builds

(XBOX)SILEN7 KILLER90

The new update put ability weapons in their own catagory when in the arsenal. This changed from your secondary or melee mods going towards your ability weapon. This would not be bad if the polarities weren't different. This has ruined many builds. I post this because there is a chance that it could be reverted because of this. Please DE, please revert that portion of the update back to what it was before.

You can't undo what has already been done. We on PC had to adapt.

Think however of the benefit this can bring; look at Excalibur for example, and his Exalted Blade. Now, put Rage and focus Excalibur on health, and toss Life Strike on the Exalted Blade.

The result is being able to quickly summon the blade, and hit an enemy with a channeled attack to regain all lost health, then put it away so you can kill some more and then use other powers freely.

Nope, DE isn't going to change it.
Especially since in the end the small inconvience of having to drop some forma into the exalted weapons is nothing compared to the power and flexibility that we now have.

For instance:
-We can now use exalted weapons in sorties that don't allow that weapon category.
-We can now use shotguns with Ivara without making artemis bow worthless (previously shotgun mods wouldn't affect artemis bow)
-We can now use weapons that don't line up with the exalted weapons and mod them appropriately without giving up power (For instance the Exalted Peacemakers are Crit focused, before if you used a status focused secondaries you either had to gimp your secondary or your peacemakers due to the builds being locked together, now you can use the status secondary and the crit peacemakers at the same time without build conflicts)
And more.

In the end we got a lot from this.
And its not like leveling a weapon is long or takes a while.  Few ESOs, or Phorrid investigations, or endless fissures and you'll be back up and running with your exalted weapons.

I just feel bad for all the people who used forma on a weapon only for an exalted weapon. I can understand it feels bad wasting time and resources (that take 24 hours to build!) on a weapon you'll never use again, and on top of that having to put the same amount of resources and time into potentially several new weapons. I think it would have been nice for DE to at least give one or two forma per exalted weapon as a show of good will towards the effort people have put into them. I don't think it should be reverted back but I do understand people who feel slighted by this. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)SILEN7 KILLER90 said:

The new update put ability weapons in their own catagory when in the arsenal. This changed from your secondary or melee mods going towards your ability weapon. This would not be bad if the polarities weren't different. This has ruined many builds. I post this because there is a chance that it could be reverted because of this. Please DE, please revert that portion of the update back to what it was before.

The community wanted this. DE listened. Ty DE... I love this!!!

49 minutes ago, (PS4)FadedSpirit said:

I just feel bad for all the people who used forma on a weapon only for an exalted weapon. I can understand it feels bad wasting time and resources (that take 24 hours to build!) on a weapon you'll never use again, and on top of that having to put the same amount of resources and time into potentially several new weapons. I think it would have been nice for DE to at least give one or two forma per exalted weapon as a show of good will towards the effort people have put into them. I don't think it should be reverted back but I do understand people who feel slighted by this. 

So... Farm more forma. Have fun. 

You've got 3 options:

1. Fanboi levels of devotion and loyalty to DE and welcome the fact that they basically took 20 forma from you, and thank them for the opportunity to grind more, then berate anyone that find it unpalatable..

2. Be angry for a bit then get over it.

3. Never play exalted frames again.

2 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

So... Farm more forma. Have fun. 

Im not sure what you were trying to get across with this. I just said I felt for people that lost a lot if time and effort with this update. Why are you telling me to farm forma? It came across as kind of rude and dismissive.

On that topic I don't understand why people in this thread are being so short with OP. They aren't rude or flaming DE, just understandably upset that they essentially just wasted a bunch of forma and time. Is it so hard to show compassion for someone even if you disagree with them? I don't even really use frames with exalted weapons so this didn't effect me at all, but I can still understand where OP is coming from. 

Yes, friend, it IS hard to show compassion in this case.

Why? Because the OP isn't just sad/angry for having to farm more forma (#*!% forma, btw), but the OP is calling for the removal of something some people wanted and others realized they enjoy.

Also because this reads like a powerful and needless kneejerk reaction to a fully positive improvement exclusively due to sunk cost fallacy.

In full seriousness, I wasn't a fan of the idea before it happened.  I thought the same as you, actually.

Some time and practice helped change my mind, though - simply being able to use a given weapon as a proper weapon and not as a stat stick is kind of nice by itself.

It took me a few days of playing with the concept on various frames, but I'm now a fan of the idea.

Yes, this does mean that frames with exalted weapons will need more forma - that's the downside.  However, sheer build versatility is a great thing to get in exchange for that extra investment.

basically the reason why people are being a little harsh towards the OP is simply because they said “can you please revert that part of the update?” which just isn’t gonna happen. these same threads happened on PC on the update launch date and nothing is going to change between either consoles or PC. Sure, it does suck to have to change up a whole frames build, sink more forma and time into them for the frame and exalted weapons, but in the end it’s a giant buff to each frame with them tbh. now frame builds can be different for building towards just that one ability. 

The only real complaints stem from players using their previous builds as a crutch because they lack the versatility to adapt. An altogether unskillful and uninvolved way to play the game.

With the ability now for warframes with exalted weapons to basically carry an additional melee or secondary weapon into missions, each can be modded differently to allow for this adaptation and versatility for players to lean on instead.

Your crutch was taken away and you've been given bionic legs as a replacement, and the only thing that you're capable of is to complain about the new powers and abilities you've been given!

Complaints about having to put additional forma and effort into making your old builds again are just petty. Forma all but falls from the sky in droves, equipment can be leveled from 0 to 30 in anywhere from one to three missions and under half an hour; what great feats or accomplishments are being taken from your record when nothing is being asked of you?

The heart of the matter is that you feel inconvenienced by the change and can't be bothered to do or say anything constructive about how it benefits everyone down the line simply because it's little more than a momentary extra little bit of effort for you to put in... I the course of five years, this has happened at least twice every year, and at times it was happening every other month; we got through it, adapted, and eventually came to appreciate how the changes benefited the game as a whole.

So please stop with this knee-jerk reaction-ism and take the time to build a proper platform for your opinions rather just grabbing the nearest soapbox out from under your fellow player's feet while they're in the middle of something more important.

2 hours ago, (PS4)FadedSpirit said:

Im not sure what you were trying to get across with this. I just said I felt for people that lost a lot if time and effort with this update. Why are you telling me to farm forma? It came across as kind of rude and dismissive.

On that topic I don't understand why people in this thread are being so short with OP. They aren't rude or flaming DE, just understandably upset that they essentially just wasted a bunch of forma and time. Is it so hard to show compassion for someone even if you disagree with them? I don't even really use frames with exalted weapons so this didn't effect me at all, but I can still understand where OP is coming from. 

Not meant to be rude. I was simply pointing out that forma are free if ur willing to farm for them, so any forma "wasted" are easily replaced at no additional cost. I was also pointing out that farming as well as re-forma'ing requires playin the game... Which is indeed time. However its time well spent on playin the game. So, since your goin to be playing the game... Have fun.

On ‎2018‎-‎07‎-‎05 at 6:07 PM, FLSH_BNG said:

The only real complaints stem from players using their previous builds as a crutch because they lack the versatility to adapt. An altogether unskillful and uninvolved way to play the game.

With the ability now for warframes with exalted weapons to basically carry an additional melee or secondary weapon into missions, each can be modded differently to allow for this adaptation and versatility for players to lean on instead.

Your crutch was taken away and you've been given bionic legs as a replacement, and the only thing that you're capable of is to complain about the new powers and abilities you've been given!

Complaints about having to put additional forma and effort into making your old builds again are just petty. Forma all but falls from the sky in droves, equipment can be leveled from 0 to 30 in anywhere from one to three missions and under half an hour; what great feats or accomplishments are being taken from your record when nothing is being asked of you?

The heart of the matter is that you feel inconvenienced by the change and can't be bothered to do or say anything constructive about how it benefits everyone down the line simply because it's little more than a momentary extra little bit of effort for you to put in... I the course of five years, this has happened at least twice every year, and at times it was happening every other month; we got through it, adapted, and eventually came to appreciate how the changes benefited the game as a whole.

So please stop with this knee-jerk reaction-ism and take the time to build a proper platform for your opinions rather just grabbing the nearest soapbox out from under your fellow player's feet while they're in the middle of something more important.

When I asked for a revert, I meant it as an option, same with having the abilty to revert to the old UI. An option. A choice.

On ‎2018‎-‎07‎-‎05 at 5:54 PM, Ptylerdactyl said:

basically the reason why people are being a little harsh towards the OP is simply because they said “can you please revert that part of the update?” which just isn’t gonna happen. these same threads happened on PC on the update launch date and nothing is going to change between either consoles or PC. Sure, it does suck to have to change up a whole frames build, sink more forma and time into them for the frame and exalted weapons, but in the end it’s a giant buff to each frame with them tbh. now frame builds can be different for building towards just that one ability. 

I put that because I would like for them to give an option. Those that want the new keep it, and those that want the old keep that. Same with this UI. But everyone wants to be $&*^s.

Don't worry about it. I had to like change one forma on my Titania. The fact is that this actually improves builds. After all Exalted weapons couldn't use the mods we got from the Stalker Acolytes, so this allows us to use those on our melee regular weapons and yet set up a good build that works with our Exalted weapon. It's better.

yeah de really shat the bed on this one. They basically turned all exalted weps into forma buckets just to make people farm more. If i was ever close to using an exalted wep before im sure as hell not wasting my time investing in one now. Also lol @ titania since she was already the worst frame and now has 2 exalted weps which basically makes her require the most forma (unless they went ahead with the proposed change of making her exalted weps both get formad by 1 forma)