Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Fortuna is a headless colony?

FoxyKabam

Why do you think all the adults living in Fortuna the Solaris debt interment colony, all have robotic heads?

Could they be in jars somewhere, remote controlling their own bodies to make them "indoctrination" proof?

Could their own heads be collateral in their debt to the corpus, only getting them back when their debt is paid in full (never)?

Maybe is just what all the cool kids are doing these days.

Out of all the cool stuff at tennocon this is what I've been stuck thinking about; why do you think they're headless?

I found that a bit strange as well - the purpose of cybernetic augmentation is to make the worker more effective at his job, but we saw clips of people with robot heads and flesh arms doing lifting jobs, which makes no sense. Obviously there's still tons we don't know about the whole situation so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

il y a 4 minutes, CandyManCriminal a dit :

well there also seemed to be a lot of robotic limbs, so it might just be "this part is failing, lets replace it" sorta thing

That's more of a Grineer thing though, they might just replace for something more effective?

the corpus think they are orikin or something and do the same that orokin did with grineer, cloning people but in his way, robotic way :3 but they are rebels robots with there own thoughts 

Edited by XCpDaX

I didn't like that ideas and I whose hoping for more humans npc.... or robots but with human face like little kid that we saw.... Because all this fighting for some robotic npc is just 1 big meeeh like I dont need to care about them because they are just a robots.

Edited by Vlada91

6 minutes ago, Vlada91 said:

I didn't like that ideas and I whose hoping for more humans npc.... or robots but with human face like little kid that we saw.... Because all this fighting for some robotic npc is just 1 big meeeh like I dont need to care about them because they are just a robots.

so your saying they're robots, but they went out and attached human arms and legs?

I like how morbid and strange that would be.

21 minutes ago, Meneliki said:

I found that a bit strange as well - the purpose of cybernetic augmentation is to make the worker more effective at his job, but we saw clips of people with robot heads and flesh arms doing lifting jobs, which makes no sense. Obviously there's still tons we don't know about the whole situation so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

^ This exactly...the flesh arms bug me more than the toaster domes. Probably can't go outside either, frostbite, etc.

Edited by (PS4)Elvenbane

The robotic head thing (which I'm currently assuming is encasing a brain, I really don't think they're machines, wouldn't make sense to me) might be a symbol of their loss of standing, may well also double as a method of control though you'd imagine there'd be little resistance were that the case, then again, it's a debt internment camp, you're not exactly going to spend money on people that owe you ridiculous amounts of credits to the extent further generations will be working toward it, so it may have been a low quality control method that was simply bypassed, hence a resistance movement.

As for other robotic limbs i assume they're scrap made to replace limbs lost through accidents, infection etc.

It's important to remember that these are people in massive debt when thinking about efficiency, I'd guess the Corpus really do not care to invest in the efficiency of these workers beyond the standard sign of punishment that the head thing may be.

Still, mostly speculation, will probably be explained in game when it comes.

we'll probably find out exactly what the whole head thing is all about in one of if not the first bit of exposition when the expansion launches. 

Tho I am inclined to lean towards the whole, their brains/heads being held in some sort of containment while they remote control their bodies to keep them from trying to run. Because at that point there is no way they can escape as t he core of their being is being held at a secure location. 

I will say the whole mostly human torsos and arms was kinda strange but in theory being able to have some tactile contact probably keeps them all from going completely insane. Plus you can't make more debt slaves if your current debt slaves can't breed.

While I kinda thought Nef was just sort of a loopy loop before, now I actually think I hate him. 

Edited by Oreades

vor 8 Minuten schrieb FoxyKabam:

so your saying they're robots, but they went out and attached human arms and legs?

😄

Robots that want to become humans,

humans that want to become robots.

If everything goes well, we end up with perfectly copied robots (that were humans before) and perfectly copied humans (that were robots before)......so, nothing changed?

2 minutes ago, Chimiasai said:

Mostly the idea of brains being kept inside a tank while the robotic head can serve for the differents sensors... But also.... MINING. Yeah, they can be use as living and producing computers )o)

so much computer sex

The kids seem to have all their human parts, so it looks like just their parents are in debt. Who knows, maybe their robo heads are what they purchased to save their life or retain their consciousness after Tenno assaulted a capital ship?

Of course, this leads to a lot of interesting discussions: are they still human if they don't have a human brain? Are they technically a robot with organic limbs?

Can't wait for the update!

Yea it somewhat makes sense, but also raises questions. We know Corpus can live for hundreds of years. Example of this would be Darvo - He’s 105 and considered to be a “teen” according to Frohd Bek. However he has his organic body. The Solaris United May just be punished from enjoying the pleasures of the organic life, so their minds are imprinted into a proxy - one that is enslaved to the Corpus, just like the rest.

Edited by (XB1)OTF SERENiTY

50 minutes ago, CandyManCriminal said:

well there also seemed to be a lot of robotic limbs, so it might just be "this part is failing, lets replace it" sorta thing

''When my own flesh and blood held me back, I sacrificed that too. Replaced it, like a spare part.'' -Prophet

Spoiler

32 minutes ago, FoxyKabam said:

Or it's just new technology,did you see little kid have robotic neck but human face and something around his head looks robotic. So its just technology that look like humans but they are just robots...

In Phantasy Star Series. There are one Race call Cast where they're replace every single part of human body with machines. But they don't do that because they want to or they like it though. AFAIK, in those series there are one energy called 'Proton'. It gavethe one who hold it power unimaginable... Well, kinda like Void in Warframe but there are more people using them. Cast being one of them. One of the character in the series have a very weak constitution from birth. But they have very high compatible with Photon power. So they decide to transfer their mind into Cast... An empty shell that contain baby mind. They also installed a knowledge for fighting/Science to them. So their mind will be ready when they awake.

As so why I talking about all of this? Because the Solaris is an augmented people. We saw that unlike any other Corpus, they don't seem to have the head. Considering the head is control all other fuction of the body, Somatic and Autonomic nervous system. I think they're augmented that way to be worker for live (thus, their song). Scientist already conclud that if we control sensory nerve (which is under Autonomic nervous system) namely Pain. The work that can be done will be increase. However the risk of overwork will also been increase.

But, I really don't know if they really have control over Autonomic nervous system. I do think they still feel Pain... So, if they do... It would make no sense to have replace their head with robot parts.

1 hour ago, Vlada91 said:

Thats so mechanoid-ist! :tongue: Robots have rights and feelings too (I think).

I think the heads are kept separate as collateral on their debt and control their old bodies like proxies, as others have speculated. I think the flesh and blood bodies are the originals. Since the Solaris United folks are there to work off debt, they have to use their own bodies to do it. When the body is injured or worn out, it recieves mechanical augmentation so it can continue to work. The augmentations aren't free and are mandatory, thus keeping the colonists in a perpetual debt cycle until their original bodies are completely gone, and their brains eventually die of old age. Debt is likely passed on to their children who then continue the cycle.

2 hours ago, FoxyKabam said:

Why do you think all the adults living in Fortuna the Solaris debt interment colony, all have robotic heads?

Because WF is a space fantasy, and DE wanted to make 'original' or even alien NPCs