Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why buy Rhino visuals, if iron skin look will mess it all up ?

BoBJones17

I just bought another Rhino skin, This one a TennoGen. It'samazing and, as i expected, i lost about 20 min just customizing that new amazing look..
As soon as I got into a mission and used Iron skin, all the cool looking was gone.

Now, now... I understand some people are ok with looking like a ooze of melted led but, what's the point of spend money into a new visual if that visual will be rendered meaningless as soon as I use one of the core abilities of the frame?

Please, let me turn of the visual effect of Rhino's Iron skin and still keep its benefits. I know there are similar posts about this but, do not archive this topic so quick O might moderator.

Heed my humble call and let devs know of my plea... i beg of you.

Thanks in advance

-Sincerely BoB Jones.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Ragology said:

Maybe people that use crutches can't be fashionable?

Congrats, you get bonus points in your elitist group of friends being the first to make that post?

Sadly the Iron skin ability is as far as I know color locked...I could be wrong I don't use it really but I just wanted to respond and tell off the guy who was telling you off.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Ragology said:

Maybe people that use crutches can't be fashionable?

Well... that about as constructive as a bridge made of Jell-O.

On topic: Does Rhino Prime's Iron Skin effect work on other skins? Never switched him to another and tried it. It's still an obvious effect that covers your skins, but it follows your accent color and is metallic, so it might be more pleasing than standard Rhino's effect... if it works on other skins (and he's being unvaulted soon).

16 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

Because you totally always have one ability on all the time? Even in Relays, Ships and Cetus?

Most people go into missions where they use their abilities so the answer is pretty much just 'yes'.

9 hours ago, dodyouserious said:

i was hoping the tennogen would use the same iron skin as the palatine kinda regret buying since im in missions most of the time iron skin is a must unless youre camping in volts shield 

Youre right, Palatine use energy color for iron skin. if devs could make that the default for the other skins that would solve the problem. Ive bought the 'Bade of the lotus' skin and its amazing.... when i can see it.

I dont understand why this case never been adressed before. Skins cost money (or plat, that can be bought with money if you prefer not to trade on that amazing and organizaed chat). when iron skin messes the look of it, it discourage some player form buying it. I believe that giving the player a option to toggle iron skin visual would help not only the guy who bought it but also the the guy who made the skin (tennogen folks) and, the company (cause there would be more people buying it).

16 hours ago, (PS4)LubzinNJ said:

Congrats, you get bonus points in your elitist group of friends being the first to make that post?

Sadly the Iron skin ability is as far as I know color locked...I could be wrong I don't use it really but I just wanted to respond and tell off the guy who was telling you off.

"Elitist" sure. Funny how every rhino instinctively pops iron skin, only to himself get popped 2 seconds later and be left behind by the other real tanks.

Edited by Hawk_of_the_Reborn

21 hours ago, TrinXT said:

Most people go into missions where they use their abilities so the answer is pretty much just 'yes'.

Missing the point that there is plenty of time to look at your fashion when not in combat ~ Fashionframe is all about making you look good but in the midst of combat it can take a backseat.

6 hours ago, AzureTerra said:

Missing the point that there is plenty of time to look at your fashion when not in combat ~ Fashionframe is all about making you look good but in the midst of combat it can take a backseat.

I didn't miss your point. Your point is just bad. They shouldn't have to pick between playing the game or admiring their aesthetics.

5 hours ago, TrinXT said:

I didn't miss your point. Your point is just bad. They shouldn't have to pick between playing the game or admiring their aesthetics.

Exactly... when you BUY a visual, there is no sutch thing as "youres supose to look at it outside combat..."  We need a way to turn of iron skin's visual. in fact its sutch a simple idea im trying to pass here on this topic, i dont get how people manage to disagree.   Put a "toggle iron skin visual" check box on rhinos apparence's tab and thats it... everyone gets happy

i dont use rhino but i sympathize with you guys
agreed that we could have more options regarding warframe coloring,
i always wanted to change oberon's Hallowed Ground(grass) color as it take its coloring from the Warframe Accent Color.
but those aren't important fixes compared to everything else

Edited by -.SP.-G43riel

13 minutes ago, -.SP.-G43riel said:

i dont use rhino but i sympathize with you guys
agreed that we could have more options regarding warframe coloring,
i always wanted to change oberon's Hallowed Ground(grass) color as it take its coloring from the Warframe Accent Color.
but those aren't important fixes compared to everything else

But here is the thing, on rhinos case ive spent money on it. When you put money into it becomes ' important '. Its like get scammed, you buy a skin you will only be able to apreciate outside missions or, if you decide not to use your number 2 skill, wich puts you in a disadvantage. DE is a company; when it comes to transactions, it matters.

Edited by BoBJones17

I think it's safe to say that everyone agrees that it would be better if what OP suggested could be implemented. But somehow, people on the forums still oppose each other.

On 2018-07-21 at 4:33 AM, BoBJones17 said:

Please, let me turn of the visual effect of Rhino's Iron skin and still keep its benefits. I know there are similar posts about this but, do not archive this topic so quick O might moderator.

How about making it a stripe that swipes vertically across your warframe. Up and down. You'd see that it's active. Your squad mates would see that it's active. And you'd still get to show your pretty colors. Or make it into a steel-looking net wrapped around the warframe. Or just a buff indicator under the feet or above the head.

But I think the best would be if Iron Skin would remain as a skin, but you could adjust its transparency over primary/secondary/tertiary colors.

These are just a few potential solutions.

1 minute ago, Uthael said:

I think it's safe to say that everyone agrees that it would be better if what OP suggested could be implemented. But somehow, people on the forums still oppose each other.

How about making it a stripe that swipes vertically across your warframe. Up and down. You'd see that it's active. Your squad mates would see that it's active. And you'd still get to show your pretty colors. Or make it into a steel-looking net wrapped around the warframe. Or just a buff indicator under the feet or above the head.

But I think the best would be if Iron Skin would remain as a skin, but you could adjust its transparency over primary/secondary/tertiary colors.

These are just a few potential solutions.

As long as i can adjust transparency to 100% , i totaly agree with that solution. Ive sugested the toggle check box cause this way people that like the way it is would still be happy.

As far as I know, it's the same reason that people buy skins for Loki and Ivara despite remaining invisible for the entire time.

Most of these are not meant to be in-game improvements, but more... I have this cool skin, anyone that actually sees me will know it's that skin and that I have it.

If you go into anywhere that isn't the main game, like Relays, Dojos, Maroo's, or (by far the most important ones) the cinematic quests, you then get to show it off. But in game it's more important to be focussed on what you're doing than how you look while doing it.

On 2018-07-21 at 1:25 PM, BoBJones17 said:

Youre right, Palatine use energy color for iron skin. if devs could make that the default for the other skins that would solve the problem. Ive bought the 'Bade of the lotus' skin and its amazing.... when i can see it.

It already does...

If rhino prime you always get colored metallic of your energy color.

Doesnt help but you can choose between gold statue.

4 hours ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

It already does...

If rhino prime you always get colored metallic of your energy color.

Doesnt help but you can choose between gold statue.

Wrong, otherwise this topic woulnd be here. "Blade of the Lotus" on a Rhino prime results on a Iron skins color controled by Accent color.

7 hours ago, Thaylien said:

As far as I know, it's the same reason that people buy skins for Loki and Ivara despite remaining invisible for the entire time.

Most of these are not meant to be in-game improvements, but more... I have this cool skin, anyone that actually sees me will know it's that skin and that I have it.

If you go into anywhere that isn't the main game, like Relays, Dojos, Maroo's, or (by far the most important ones) the cinematic quests, you then get to show it off. But in game it's more important to be focussed on what you're doing than how you look while doing it.

"As far as I know, it's the same reason that people buy skins for Loki and Ivara despite remaining invisible for the entire time." Ivara ok... but you telling me people cant make disarm lock anymore ? besides, its not the same reason. one thing is to go invisible, the other is to get covered in molten let.

"If you go into anywhere that isn't the main game" lol;;;;. If you rly thinks like that. Lets put warnings on the skins then,  to let players know they are not supose to be looked upon during the "Main game". But jokes asside, do you rly think like that ? you rly defend the point that i should not care if i cant see the skin i payed money for during a mission ? rly ? if yes dont bother with this topic, all is well.

"in game it's more important to be focussed on what you're doing than how you look while doing it." why not do both at once ? games to hard ? whats "important " for you may not be the same to others, i see no problem in look at other plaeyrs skins when im leveling stuff on Sedna's defence.

On 2018-07-21 at 8:56 PM, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

"Elitist" sure. Funny how every rhino instinctively pops iron skin, only to himself get popped 2 seconds later and be left behind by the other real tanks.

IS is a pitiful ability in high levels... unless charged with Ironclad Charge. 50-70k renewable HP.. unless Nullified it's hard to be brought down. In 400 hours of maining Rhino I got "popped" maybe 5 times, one courtesy of a Scrambus.

3 hours ago, BoBJones17 said:

why not do both at once ?

Nice job

9c9.gif

When you buy cosmetics in a game where you have visual effects that are fully capable of obscuring your character model, whether that's invisibility, a coat of metallics, the glowing/cloudy effects of Eclipse etc., just having those nice customisations is fine. If you actually want to show them off, there are options to do that, and anybody actually interested in your fashion frame will just look at your Profile to see it while you're not running around.

In four years I've played, and the two years I've enjoyed fashion-frame, the reason I do it is for me, not for any of the rest of you. Even if I'm invisible, I know that stuff is there.

Anyone doing it for somebody else has an unhealthy relationship with fashion frame.