Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Deluxe bundle feedback

Yeh I love the skin for the most part, but as many others I got 2 problems that Id love if atleast 1 of em would get fixed:

1. Arms way too dull, glass/jelly looking instead of energy ghost arms as advertized.

2. The shoulder armor plates from full mutation stacks are way overdone, moving, clipping and just covering the screen too much.

Edited by EnergYYX

16 hours ago, Xianos_Chaos said:

The problem with this that if their are 10,000 nidus players, the market would have that at a higher price to get the most value out of it compare to something that isn't selling well to be lower, that is why you see toys and games that don't sell well go to bargain bins while those that are way popular would be marked up in price cause the consumer wants.

And at 3 years Nyx if she is still being the less popular of the group, would have had her price dropped to 165 or 150 vs nidus, a popular warframe that many would love, be at 200 to get the most worth.

You are going with the idea that DE is like Activision and are only out to milk the player base instead of giving to the community that has been there through thick and thin.

Yeah, most companies when they have something that is wanted will hike the price up....and that makes sense for something physical. But this is a cosmetic that getting it to the masses that want it is more important than making a quik cash grab while it is hot. 

DE sees how things go for the skins...how they sell fast when first released and then slow down over the weeks, months, years. They know that some people are floating in plat oceans while others are coming into the game new and are discovering the new Frames and the old. A new player may come in, grab Nidus as he sees it being played in a mission to give him a go. When was the last time you saw Nyx in a mission wearing the Nemesis skin? On XB1, been forever and an age. This gets a player that goes more into the history and background of the game to then see about this other Frame named Nyx and the connection the skin has to Dark Sector. They by then may have gotten more plat and have no problem diving into the Nyx Nemesis skin now that they have the lore behind it.

This may not be the way DE does things...but it is the thinking I could see. More people buying and wearing skins means more people advertising them in game to others to keep their interest to get the new and old stuff. I may (and probably am) way off base with this line of thought....but thinking is always good til it is illegal. 

Have fun all

2 hours ago, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

You are going with the idea that DE is like Activision and are only out to milk the player base instead of giving to the community that has been there through thick and thin.

Yeah, most companies when they have something that is wanted will hike the price up....and that makes sense for something physical. But this is a cosmetic that getting it to the masses that want it is more important than making a quik cash grab while it is hot. 

DE sees how things go for the skins...how they sell fast when first released and then slow down over the weeks, months, years. They know that some people are floating in plat oceans while others are coming into the game new and are discovering the new Frames and the old. A new player may come in, grab Nidus as he sees it being played in a mission to give him a go. When was the last time you saw Nyx in a mission wearing the Nemesis skin? On XB1, been forever and an age. This gets a player that goes more into the history and background of the game to then see about this other Frame named Nyx and the connection the skin has to Dark Sector. They by then may have gotten more plat and have no problem diving into the Nyx Nemesis skin now that they have the lore behind it.

This may not be the way DE does things...but it is the thinking I could see. More people buying and wearing skins means more people advertising them in game to others to keep their interest to get the new and old stuff. I may (and probably am) way off base with this line of thought....but thinking is always good til it is illegal. 

Have fun all

Damn son, this actually is quite deep
come to think of it it makes a lot of sense
Its like wearing youtuber merchandise and others wanting to buy it when they see it
damn this is so mindblowing

I really like everything but the eyeballs.  Seems like I'm not the only one going by discussions in chat.  The eyes on the shoulders can be covered up nicely with armor but the one on the syandana really just ruins it.  And that sucks because that syandana looks great on other frames like nekros and chroma.   It would be nice if it was removed.

20 minutes ago, Johnny5five said:

I really like everything but the eyeballs.  Seems like I'm not the only one going by discussions in chat.  The eyes on the shoulders can be covered up nicely with armor but the one on the syandana really just ruins it.  And that sucks because that syandana looks great on other frames like nekros and chroma.   It would be nice if it was removed.

Yes they are creepy, but it adds to the organic factor of it.

3 hours ago, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

Have fun all

Why was this dragged here?

Awesome skin! love it to bits.

However, nothing good without something bad.
My only gripe about this is the Helminth Charger Metus Skin that comes with the collection.
I only wish for that it would have the colors shown in the previews as default colors when equipping the skin.

If not, maybe someone knows what colors were being used to make it?
And if they aren't available to aquire, maybe add them as a little extra to sweeten the deal. ^^'

Edit: Oh, how could I forget?
I thought that there would've been more visual rework on the skills.
The Mutation look doesn't really fit the skin visually. It just doesn't match..

Also, the default color of the skin and the visuals of the skills (mutated parts) aren't the same either.
The skills use the default colors of "normal" Nidus. Atleast make it so the color of the skins default colors and the skills match. ^^

Edit:

latest?cb=20180727013103
The mutation does not look like that when using the skins default colors.

Nor does the Metus Skin look like that with default colors.

Edited by PrinceDamien

For the visuals of the skills, as I mentioned in my previous post, I've had some thinking about how one could do it.

Skill 1. Instead of mutated spines, why not alot of bone spikes, like the bone material on the skin.
Skill 2. This one I have not been able to really think of anything good however.. Maybe a thick mist (ghost mist?) (same color as Energy) that pulls enemies in.

Skill 3. Also a tricky one to think of anything good... But what I think would be pretty neat, is that if the person/NPC linked to you get's their own set of arms.

That however would probably be a pain to do, as there are so many different frames and sizes of enemies, so the modeling would take alot of work and time.
Other idea is just some glowing veins (Energy color) as the same material of the ghost arms, covering the bodies. the tether connecting you two would be the same ofc.

Skill 4.Mostly like Skill 1. The large strings/pillar mutations that connect walls and such I dunno what to replace it with that could look good and fitting.
The small creatures maybe just could be turned transparant and use the Energy Color. Ghost Swarm.

Just some simple ideas. I know it probably wont happen as the skin's already done and out.

I mostly do this just to share my thoughts.

Is it okay to ask for a Nidus Phryke mutation toggle on/off? I'm really liking the unmutated skin more than the mutated variant. I'd love to have a toggle in the appearance where it would allow me to get stacks without having the appearance of the mutation on the skin. It's just too shiny for my taste, but I really love the regular Phryke skin. It looks clean and badass. Thanks for your consideration DE 🙂 

9K4FZhK.jpg

It would be cool if his abilities were less infested-like. I mean, the whole skin itself looks freanking good, but if his 1 had only the metallic blades, it would be cool.

This one could sound that I'm looking down on this skin. Imagine if his 2 had a small energy ball with 1 or 2 more blades moving around it. And, when you cast it, hands (same looking as the one on the chest) come out of the energy ball, pushing enemy to the center. This is a replacement for those infested tentacles.

Again, it sound like I don't like the infested looks of his abilities. But my point is, when I saw this skin, I could't see nothing infested there. Idk, this is just my opinion xD

Yeah sadly with mutation it looks way over the top. This is just too much. Standard look is already very detailed and rich, with mutation it no longer looks like Warframe but some Bayonetta boss or smth straight out of the anime.

53 minutes ago, kyori said:

Perhaps the only way now is to not get enough stacks for the full mutation to occur but still get enough stacks for his 3 & 4 abilities to be useable.

yeah but doing that will make Nidus not as effective. I just want something that would disable his mutation animation even though I'm passed 10 stacks in game.

1 hour ago, -Temp0- said:

Yeah sadly with mutation it looks way over the top. This is just too much. Standard look is already very detailed and rich, with mutation it no longer looks like Warframe but some Bayonetta boss or smth straight out of the anime.

yes, i just want the regular skin on, even with stacks higher than 10. I mean his stacks are everything when it comes to his abilities and strength, but you can't really get to his maximum capacity without having the mutation animation and design on. An on/off toggle on that would be cool

On 2018-07-28 at 1:34 PM, PrinceDamien said:

For the visuals of the skills, as I mentioned in my previous post, I've had some thinking about how one could do it.

Skill 1. Instead of mutated spines, why not alot of bone spikes, like the bone material on the skin.
Skill 2. This one I have not been able to really think of anything good however.. Maybe a thick mist (ghost mist?) (same color as Energy) that pulls enemies in.

Skill 3. Also a tricky one to think of anything good... But what I think would be pretty neat, is that if the person/NPC linked to you get's their own set of arms.

That however would probably be a pain to do, as there are so many different frames and sizes of enemies, so the modeling would take alot of work and time.
Other idea is just some glowing veins (Energy color) as the same material of the ghost arms, covering the bodies. the tether connecting you two would be the same ofc.

Skill 4.Mostly like Skill 1. The large strings/pillar mutations that connect walls and such I dunno what to replace it with that could look good and fitting.
The small creatures maybe just could be turned transparant and use the Energy Color. Ghost Swarm.

Just some simple ideas. I know it probably wont happen as the skin's already done and out.

I mostly do this just to share my thoughts.

THIS. 

Hope is the last to die. I can imagine how this could look.

1. Human plastic hands on his chest are totally out of place on a horror monster like Nidus, lets be honest here, they really look like randomly slapped-on mannequin arms... Many frames have unequippable accessories, so why those hands are mandatory? PLEASE make them optional, you would make many more people happier and more willing to buy that deluxe skin then, including my numerous friends that have the same complaint.

2. I didn't talk about this earlier because when I saw them on art I instantly thought *Hey he's probably getting them when he casts his abilities and they animate in a cool way, like rising out of his chest and trying to claw their way out of it as if trying to set someone free* but nope, they are just stuck there in awkward way.

3. Dont merge threads into a giant feedback one. I can put my head on a guillotine that devs won't read any of the stuff from late pages like 6 or 7.

Edited by Shining_Darkness