Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus is way too powerful

Xaxma

9 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

but truth is that nidus is the weakest frame with the biggest wind up among the frames in the same tier...

Well we just have different opinions in that point maybe a matter of play style. For me Nidus is almost immortal, the only problem I have with him when on that map there are a lot of Nullifiers 

13 hours ago, Xaxma said:

I see him in like 1/5 of my pub games.

So out of 15 people you meet one has Nidus.

I rest my case. When something is really broken 50% of people have it within a month.

Right now it is Saryn.. Nidus is nowheren near over popular frame..

20 hours ago, nameomnz said:

Being specialize in certain mission doesn't mean he don't need a nerf, Look at hydriod and see how people just cast the undertow and become untouchable for the rest interception. He is indeed well designed but the reward is too easy.

Not even remotely the same thing. Nidus isn't unkillable. Maintaining stacks isn't so easy in high levels of content where the enemies start out at high enough levels to be able to kill you quickly. 

2 minutes ago, MickThejaguar said:

Not even remotely the same thing. Nidus isn't unkillable. Maintaining stacks isn't so easy in high levels of content where the enemies start out at high enough levels to be able to kill you quickly. 

As I said, that I can gain stack so quick that I can get another undying to active before the time ran out.

okay, so for the record: my infested zaw with a 100% status build(blast, viral and corrosive.) alongside exodia epidemic can quite literally one shot anything while simultaneously sending them into deep orbit(tenno space program baby!) i think nidus' piddly 30K is hardly the biggest damage dealer in the room.

it's like Jeanne D'arc Alter. she's nothing more than a massive beat stick but several other servants from fate grand order out damage her by miles.

1 hour ago, nameomnz said:

As I said, that I can gain stack so quick that I can get another undying to active before the time ran out.

If the environment is favorable. You won't always be in a situation where enemies are just clumped together and there is no shortage of ability denial enemies in the game.

Just now, (XB1)Erudite God said:

Actually, with Nidus' 2, you're always in a situation where enemies are clumped together

It moves a bunch of surrounding enemies to a single point but if those enemies are too scattered or few in number you're still coming up short. 

1 hour ago, nameomnz said:

I'm fairly certain that you cannot gain stacks while undying is active (5 seconds), only lose them; once those 5 seconds are up you can actively gain stacks again. The only thing I feel is over-preforming about Nidus is the Undying Passive; 15 stacks seems minimal for a passive with those effects.

I think a minor tweak that would work for undying would be to up the stacks required to gain the passive to 30, and the stack loss for triggering the passive to 30. This would allow a fully stacked Nidus 15 seconds maximum invulnerability before being unable to trigger the passive, while also significantly weakening them for "dying". 

1 minute ago, Grand-Dozer said:

I'm fairly certain that you cannot gain stacks while undying is active (5 seconds), only lose them; once those 5 seconds are up you can actively gain stacks again. The only thing I feel is over-preforming about Nidus is the Undying Passive; 15 stacks seems minimal for a passive with those effects.

I think a minor tweak that would work for undying would be to up the stacks required to gain the passive to 30, and the stack loss for triggering the passive to 30. This would allow a fully stacked Nidus 15 seconds maximum invulnerability before being unable to trigger the passive, while also significantly weakening them for "dying". 

Doubling the cost after it was raised to 15 for being to cheap is too far of a blatant nerf. 15 is comfortable spot for being able to potential get it in non endless missions, and for sure be able to hold it for a while in endless.

1 minute ago, Atsia said:

Doubling the cost after it was raised to 15 for being to cheap is too far of a blatant nerf. 15 is comfortable spot for being able to potential get it in non endless missions, and for sure be able to hold it for a while in endless.

I don't entirely disagree with you, but I do see where others are coming from about it potentially being too potent of a passive. In my experience Undying doesn't manage to become untenable until enemies reach extremely high levels, where a single shot from certain high damage enemies completely penetrates your 90% damage reduction, killing your linked target and immediately triggering undying.

On 2018-07-31 at 10:31 PM, Xaxma said:

There's no reason why I should be able to do 30k dmg with a level one frame.

There's no reason why his energy and mutation stack costs should be so abysmally low.

There's no reason why he needs this much sustain when he basically has Inaros' passive but over 4x with no effort on the player's behalf besides doing what Nidus is supposed to do.

You can completely ignore the health, energy, and stack UI with how plentiful and infinite they are. You get free energy for no reason basically and your own 4 even supplies you with a refresh on the mutation stacks required to cast it. I've been running 40 wave Kuva Survivals, all of the sorties, Kuva Flood, and ESO, and I've only ever had to blow Undying once from how ridiculous he gets.

It's not even laughable just how busted this frame is.

I pray to God that DE nerfs Ember again

1 hour ago, (PS4)TitaniumSkillz07 said:

It's nidus he's meant to be this powerful meant for endurance runs 

Me and I guy I know did a little test with nidus and rhino. My nidus is at 359% strength while his rhino is at 337%. Both of us have growing power and when we both activate it and I link myself to him he does a 400% roar. When both fissured he creates a 1,213% roar!!!

ive done some calculations came up with over 1,500 roar if everybody had growing power, rhino also at 359%, and equinox with maxed 3rd ability while all fissured. And 446% if nobody had growing power nor fissured and rhino remained 337%.

with the right team and coordination, we aren’t just warframes. We’re Godframes. The biggest pain is stacking up mutation. Since you can’t keep it for yourself nor can you repeatedly stomp due to low efficiency. But that is the balance. 

14 hours ago, (PS4)TitaniumSkillz07 said:

It's nidus he's meant to be this powerful meant for endurance runs 

Endurance missions are the only ones where gauging difficulty of a mission matters. It's the only time you'll see enemies scale. 

Oh no, a frame is functioning as intended in an environment and circumstance that he was designed to thrive in! Do something!!

You'd never be bemoaning Loki for being too good in stealth missions, or volt being too fast in capture.  These frames do as well as they are simply because they are in an ideal environment that is conducive to their capabilities.

I will agree that nidus is powerful. a fully stacked nidus is near unstoppable. but so what? Inaros is near unstoppable. wukong is near unstoppable. Mesa, trinity, excalibur (a freaking starter frame mind you) a valkyr with rage is unstoppable. Nidus takes effort to build and a decent measure of skill to use to get that reward. is it possible he gains stacks a little easily at times? sure. but so what? most other hyperpower frames dont need stacks. and now we have Umbra who'll go around and reck things for you on kuva floods and stuff with brutal effectiveness. while you use operator weapons and their interesting damage to wreck S#&$ or be invisible and immortal. its just the way things are. Nidus is one of the most powerful frames around. but its not by a massive margin and he is not even *the* most. 

Sure Nidus's passive makes him near impossible to kill. so do mesa's two buffs. and she can mow down entire armies faster than nidus can. Khora is a straight up beast. and has options to heal herself not just through abilities but also through venari's mods. 

he might be a little imbalanced at times and for certain missions but that's true of every frame. every single one. Ivara makes spy missions so easy its silly. a mag can dominate survival surprisingly well for extended runs. especially against corpus.

On 2018-08-02 at 12:43 AM, Xaxma said:

I see him in like 1/5 of my pub games.

Because there are frames that can cheese the game, that's why. Nidus with 100 stacks may be powerful, but he can't clear a room full of enemies with 1 cast quite like Saryn or Mesa, well-known press-4-to-win frames.

Edited by Pizzarugi

Sorry OP, you're obviously too new to realize that you're too late. Nidus already got his nerf a little after he was released because of whinging cry-baby threads like this. 30k damage in a narrow, straight line over a set distance isn't overpowered in the slightest. Frame level is irrelevant because of forma and reactors. Gara's 1, Nova's 2, hell even Khora's 1, KHORA, can do more than that with no ramp up, and that's ignoring the existence of weapons. As for being un-killable, any frame becomes immortal with an operator who has either recovery arcane equipped. On anything that isn't endless or a mobile defense, you'll be lucky to even hit 15 stacks before you're in evac.
   Let me guess, a rando Nidus got 50% dealt and 2% taken while you got 2% dealt and 50% taken. And then you mistakenly think that that means something. It doesn't. Sometimes you carry, sometimes you get carried. Uninformed nerfs only annoy vets who have taken the time to grind and build gear, and only reduce the end goals of new players. Without power to grind for, the grind is meaningless. With arbitrary nerfs and pointless cooldowns, you get Destiny 1 or that terrible Defiance game. Nidus isn't the Tonkor, Telos Boltace, Simirage or Ember.

On 2018-08-10 at 3:38 PM, Hyohakusha said:

Sorry OP, you're obviously too new to realize that you're too late. Nidus already got his nerf a little after he was released because of whinging cry-baby threads like this. 30k damage in a narrow, straight line over a set distance isn't overpowered in the slightest. Frame level is irrelevant because of forma and reactors. Gara's 1, Nova's 2, hell even Khora's 1, KHORA, can do more than that with no ramp up, and that's ignoring the existence of weapons. As for being un-killable, any frame becomes immortal with an operator who has either recovery arcane equipped. On anything that isn't endless or a mobile defense, you'll be lucky to even hit 15 stacks before you're in evac.
   Let me guess, a rando Nidus got 50% dealt and 2% taken while you got 2% dealt and 50% taken. And then you mistakenly think that that means something. It doesn't. Sometimes you carry, sometimes you get carried. Uninformed nerfs only annoy vets who have taken the time to grind and build gear, and only reduce the end goals of new players. Without power to grind for, the grind is meaningless. With arbitrary nerfs and pointless cooldowns, you get Destiny 1 or that terrible Defiance game. Nidus isn't the Tonkor, Telos Boltace, Simirage or Ember.

Nice assumption about where I come from, as well as speaking on behalf of every "vet" you think shares the same opinion as you. 

I've been playing the game for 4 years. Nidus isn't even difficult to get. I still think he's too strong.

His energy costs are essentially nonexistent. He has way too much regen with an ability to reduce damage by 90%. These factors coupled together make for one really busted frame in my eyes. 

Your "narrow, straight line with a set distance" is both wide enough and long enough to cover 90% of the hallways in closed tilesets. Get real.