Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making Bosses More Significant

DooomBringer666

So, I just finished Doom and returned to Warframe, and I realized something. A lot of bosses in Doom are comparable to bosses in Warframe, in the way that they are not the focus. You are. In games like Dark Souls, Bloodborne and MMOs like WoW, the focus is on the boss, who's the guy to kill. In Warframe and Doom, the focus is on you, Bosses are just people in the way of farming or demon slaughter. The budget aside, it always felt to me that in spite of everything, even taking aside the graphics, the Doom bosses felt more significant to kill. True, lots of Warframe bosses are forgettable,but there are comparable bosses. Bosses like Kela de Thaym, Lephantis, Jordas Golem etc have huge potential. Other bosses with potential include Lech Kril, Sargas Ruk. Other than Alad V, Corpus Bosses feel much more lackluster.

Obviously, changing the AI for bosses is a very long term measure, something which would perhaps be included in time. But one thing that we can do is rip off the way boss fights end in Warframe. Don't just blast off the main guy like a trash mob when he/she is defeated. Imagine being able to do a fatality like finisher on Sargas Ruk or Alad V like you do to the new Doom bosses. While many veterans may find that a hassle to their farming for parts, it'd make the game much more interesting to play. Just let the end of boss fights be epic.

As always, this is just my opinion. Its just a QoL change, and please do share your ideas as well. Do tell me if mine are problematic. Farm Well, my fellow Tenno, and Play Free.

37 minutes ago, EpicTotodile said:

Yeah, I really wish they made the bosses smarter, more challenging and cooler

I think doing all of what you said is hard, in the short term. But if they only added like finisher animations for bosses, like at the end of Alad V fight, you throwing him out the glass window. Also, don't put bosses in stages which make restrict them. It makes little sense for Sargas Ruk to fight in a place where he is at a disadvantage. he knows we are coming, the stage should benefit him.

1 hour ago, EpicTotodile said:

Yeah, I really wish they made the bosses smarter, more challenging and cooler

And then we'd just have thread after thread of people whining, moaning and raging because they now have to face a challenge in warframe.

Don't fix what isn't broken.

You just need to say to bee more like big boss and not like some random enemie. And boss for sayrin and equinox are good example for good boss battle,and we need more in that direction....

Edited by Vlada91

20 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

And then we'd just have thread after thread of people whining, moaning and raging because they now have to face a challenge in warframe.

Then in your theory we dont need more future update for changes and fixes? Lotus voic is always here to say this boss is that and there,here is week spot kill him now...they can add like some guiding how to kill some new boss dude that is litle complicated from some random enemies

Edited by Vlada91

2 minutes ago, (XB1)calvina said:

Challenging bosses, but you don't like the challenge?

Reveal hidden contents

improvise.jpg

I'm all for more engaging bosses if it doesnt mean going to Point A, meet boss, one-shot, and leave.

Same here, but alas the majority of the community can't adapt to change and challenges.

50 minutes ago, Eidolon_Slayer said:

Challenges become chores when they're completed hundreds of times.

And chances are nobody is gonna run boss fights hundreds of times.

Once you get all 3 warframe parts (or weapon parts, in the case of Vor/Lech Krill), you're practically done with the boss for good unless it's in a sortie.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb LupisV0lk:

First.......it is broken!!Second^^you mean  moaning etc like the do allready becuz everything is to much for them??

Harder/Better/Smarter^^............make them cry

I think that the bosses should be difficult, but they should reward skill. So, if you do this skillful thing, you should do major damage, and not just the damage your gun can do. If I'm shooting at your exposed head, just because you're a sortie boss, your skin shoudn't have 1000 armor.

7 hours ago, (XB1)calvina said:

Once you get all 3 warframe parts (or weapon parts, in the case of Vor/Lech Krill), you're practically done with the boss for good unless it's in a sortie.

Resource farming over time.

8 hours ago, (XB1)calvina said:

Ressources ... ?  

12 hours ago, DooomBringer666 said:

Also, don't put bosses in stages which make restrict them. It makes little sense for Sargas Ruk to fight in a place where he is at a disadvantage. he knows we are coming, the stage should benefit him.

I never got this impression, I think his stage is a nice balance of his team vs your team

On the player's end, you have two levels of verticality to work with, and boxes to use as cover from his exploding homing mines or his Fire Wave

On Ruk's end, his normal flamethrower and his World on Fire both ignore cover, flushing the player out, and the two levels of verticality work just as well for his soldiers as they do for the player; they can get up close to the chest-high walls and fire down on you

2 hours ago, Eidolon_Slayer said:

Resource farming over time.

2 hours ago, Chrisplaysmore said:

Ressources ... ?  

Not really. Ever since resource deposits became a thing it became largely unnecessary. Also, things like Ivara + Lua sentients gets you covered for neurodes, Kuva survival gets you covered for neural sensors, Gallium is a non issue due to dropping in 2-3 at a time, Orokin cells are covered if you affinity farm at Helene, morphics are everywhere, and control modules are a non issue.

Kril has potential? 

Kril is like the worst boss in the whole game. 

And before the bevy of "Kril is EZ, git gud" it isn't that Kril is hard it's because Kril combines three of the worst aspects of game design.

• Invulnarability
  • shoot the pixel 
  • virtually zero feedback

So assuming that you know you are supposed to shoot the tube on his back, either because of an epiphany or because someone yelled at you for not doing that. You will precede to start the Kril fight by shooting the tube for 0 damage until it eventually decided to break.

At which point Kril drops his invulnerability and you can attack him.... oh wait no, that doesn't happen.  He's still invulnerable until you (still a little fuzzy on this myself) shoot the glowing spot on his backpack. Which sometimes seems to do something and a lot of the times doesn't seem to do anything. 

Somewhere in there Krill will eventually decide "Uh hey umm guys I think I'm uhh not gonna be err invulnerable anymore so uhhh go a head and kill me". at which point you can down him in .2 seconds. And everything before that point is a mishmash of "is it working?" and "did kril bug out?". I've seen so many Kril fights end with people just leaving after 5+ minutes of trying to trigger Kril to move into squishy phase 2.

Before they go changing up a simple boss like the the Sergeant as laughable as he is...... they really need to get Kril in order. 

Tho I will fully agree that Kela De Bae is hands down my favorite boss fight at least mechanically speaking. 

1 hour ago, torint_man said:

Not really. Ever since resource deposits became a thing it became largely unnecessary. Also, things like Ivara + Lua sentients gets you covered for neurodes, Kuva survival gets you covered for neural sensors, Gallium is a non issue due to dropping in 2-3 at a time, Orokin cells are covered if you affinity farm at Helene, morphics are everywhere, and control modules are a non issue.

f05.png

One thing....I think would make boss fights more interesting and more meaningful.

Right now we go to a new planet, kill everything and eventually accidentally our way to the boss of the planet, and THEN Lotus tells us about this super important Grineer commander, or Corpus prototype. I think it would be better if you got to a planet, Lotus told you more about the planet and the boss there, and all the while you are on the planet, the boss taunts you and trash talks, giving you an actual reason to get to him and defeat him. 

41 minutes ago, (PS4)IroncladBomber said:

One thing....I think would make boss fights more interesting and more meaningful.

Right now we go to a new planet, kill everything and eventually accidentally our way to the boss of the planet, and THEN Lotus tells us about this super important Grineer commander, or Corpus prototype. I think it would be better if you got to a planet, Lotus told you more about the planet and the boss there, and all the while you are on the planet, the boss taunts you and trash talks, giving you an actual reason to get to him and defeat him. 

think I have enough ofVey Hek’s stentorian tones.