Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Passive Gear that Increases Spawns in Solo

Pizzarugi

I'm sure most people here will have this experience at least once while playing the game or using the forums. Whenever you have a criticism of the game, there will always be someone who has to show up and give the most tired and nonsensical reply.

"Just play solo"

It should be known by now why it's nonsensical. Not only is the response irrelevant to the complaint being made most times, it's also not an ideal solution even if it was. I oftentimes play solo for things like syndicate missions, because I enjoy looking for medallions and most people I team up with would rather just bolt through to extraction. In all the solo missions I've played, I experience the same problem: The enemy spawns are terrible, like they're just as awful as if you were alone in a public survival and enemies trickle in to you while the bulk spawned with the rest of your team. It's boring, a non-ideal alternative for players who don't want to play public (or with anyone for that matter). If there's anything worse than fighting enemies on the star chart using weapons that instantly kill them (seriously, this game needs more missions where you start at 80+), it's fighting weak enemies that spawn in scant numbers.

So I suggest the following: One of three gear items that players can build that will simulate multiplayer spawning! It would be called a Tenno Signal Amplifier, a device that multiplies the user's life signature to give the impression there are more of you. The item is tiered and each tier lets you simulate an additional player's worth of spawns, giving you control over how much of a challenge you'd like to make the mission.

The item is meant for solo play, however if you play with maybe one or two friends, you can simulate a full team if you all bring an amplifier of the same tier at the start of the mission.

• Like 1

Pizza, have my +1

How will DE approach this gear item? make it something that get consumed every 5 waves or make it like a key were once you are done it get consumed or none or the above so even if you brought it into any other mission (solo or not) it will still affect the match?

3 minutes ago, Dark_Elder said:

Pizza, have my +1

How will DE approach this gear item? make it something that get consumed every 5 waves or make it like a key were once you are done it get consumed or none or the above so even if you brought it into any other mission (solo or not) it will still affect the match?

It could go one of two ways:

1. For the purposes of providing a resource sink, the amplifier lasts for one mission. In endless missions, the amplifier will last for one round.

2. It's like the Dragon Keys, in that simply carrying the gear will permanently provide the effect, and will not be destroyed.

The big reason the spawns tend to be so few is because, about 2-3 years ago, there was an issue going around where peoples computer cound't handle the spawns

Old spawn rates were awesome, solo survival had the spawn rates of current 4 man surv.

But it had to be cut back because some of the lower end toasters couldn't cut it.

Just some history for you, my toaster runs this game at max with 140fps. BRING ON THE SPAWNS

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

There might be more enemies, but there's no way you'd get more Affinity or drops.

Why not? You already get more affinity and drops with a full team, it's just more scattered all over the place by comparison.

2 hours ago, wolf96781 said:

Just some history for you, my toaster runs this game at max with 140fps. BRING ON THE SPAWNS

That makes perfect sense. Whats nice in this idea is that a person who still has an older pc wont just put on this "item". I am sure there are still some toasters out there. 

Giving players other ways to encounter higher numbers of enemies aside from participating in public squads might also help cut down on a squad dynamic that I'm sure DE doesn't particularly love -- the problem of "one squad member killed everything."

I would love to have something like that. I hate how i have to enter a Dark Sector or a Fissure so i can get a nice spawning in a Solo Survival. Seriously, lvl 30 - 40 Survivals have as bad of a Spawn rate as lvl 20+ if you don’t use Enemy Sense and Radar. I want to fight lvl 150+ enemies, not using up Life Support because of a Slow enemy spawn. But this Gear would help with that issue.

Perhaps as an alternative having a craft-able beacon that can be charged by the void energy of the operator in operator mode which lasts 5 rounds/waves. That way it becomes a more active choice between "Do I want to risk my operator and waste void energy and time in charging this up or take the time to throw down a heal/ ammo restore or reload my weapons. It can lead to more tactical play is what i'm trying to say.

hace 5 horas, KirukaChan dijo:

This would be great. Solo Survival is terrible

Try Excavation. 1 Battery dude showing up every 2-3min.

You go to Site A, Site B spawns 400m away. Go to Site B, Site C spawns right next to where Site A was. Go to Site C, Site D spawns 600m away. Virtually impossible to have more than one Excavator running at any given time. Unless you do so in Grineer Desert which has more reasonable spawn algorithms making at least 2 Excavators spawning on the same Tile.

Edited by Nazrethim

5 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

Try Excavation. 1 Battery dude showing up every 2-3min.

You go to Site A, Site B spawns 400m away. Go to Site B, Site C spawns right next to where Site A was. Go to Site C, Site D spawns 600m away. Virtually impossible to have more than one Excavator running at any given time. Unless you do so in Grineer Desert which has more reasonable spawn algorithms making at least 2 Excavators spawning on the same Tile.

I remember doing one Solo when i was closer to the beginning of this Account. I put a Power cell or two inside of it and after a few mins, there was no enemies spawning at all. That was at the first Excavator too.

hace 45 minutos, VPrime96 dijo:

I remember doing one Solo when i was closer to the beginning of this Account. I put a Power cell or two inside of it and after a few mins, there was no enemies spawning at all. That was at the first Excavator too.

Earth is the most obvious culprit. Excavators show up as far as 700m from each other. Very rarely in the same tile you get 2 that you can defend at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-08-08 at 1:00 PM, Cuchullin said:

Perhaps as an alternative having a craft-able beacon that can be charged by the void energy of the operator in operator mode which lasts 5 rounds/waves. That way it becomes a more active choice between "Do I want to risk my operator and waste void energy and time in charging this up or take the time to throw down a heal/ ammo restore or reload my weapons. It can lead to more tactical play is what i'm trying to say.

That could be one way of introducing a passive item that doesn't break, however new players who haven't unlocked the operator's abilities yet would be unable to utilize the beacon. I'm personally of the opinion that everyone both old and new should have immediate access to the item.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

That could be one way of introducing a passive item that doesn't break, however new players who haven't unlocked the operator's abilities yet would be unable to utilize the beacon. I'm personally of the opinion that everyone both old and new should have immediate access to the item.

Fair point hadn't thought of that. Having craft-able beacons could work as it has something similar in the Jordas Precept quest.

I think it shouldn't even occupy a gear slot. It should be a toggle-able option.

Or make Spectres count as players if there's less than 4 in a squad. No additional gear slot neded. Also, we could make use of those useless roller spectres. The effect lasts for 5 minutes after a spectre dies (enemy counts on stealthed tenno).

Edited by Uthael

I don't see why we should need to use some gear item so mob spawns are increased to a usable level. I posted a topic asking for similar a few years back and have since realised I was wrong trying to suggest fixing the problem with a gaff tape solution like this. The fix is simple... just increase spawn rates in general.

Ok i lied .. sure on the surface it's simple .. but under the hood the reason this cannot happen right now -> plat sales are tied in with grind difficulty.

Increasing spawn rates gives more resources which reduces grind and when farming gets too easy less players outright buy from the market.. when less buy ..less plat is needed and yeah it is a serious problem that plat sales impacts gameplay mechanics in a game that is not pay to win.

I believe the spawn rates are related to new players more than any other reason.
I've introduced a friend to Warframe not too long ago. He's at about Ceres or Jupiter now. I've seen him play solo. I think he'd have trouble if he had to fight the regular number of enemies. Afterall, he doesn't even have a potato on his Excal. 8 mods, none of them over half in ranks. No operator schools and still whacking into walls.

----------------------------------------

But we still need normal spawn rates in solo games. Here's another proposition:
Make the minimum spawn rate scale with mastery rank. Let's say a player counts as 2 when he's MR9, 3 at 14 and as a full squad on 19.

Other ideas so far were:
- another consumable
- make use of useless spectres
- a permanent, passive gear item
- toggle-able option when chosing squad type

That makes 5.

Edited by Uthael

Mastery idea is sounding good. I reckon it would need to have a more steep curvethough where MR16 is full coz by then you can use every weap, riven and frame.

As an aside, even a modless unranked excal can deal with large crowds using his dash and once his 2 is unlocked he has even better CC. Same goes for mag. Only frame that struggles in a crowd unranked is volt and perhaps this change can encourage DE to revisit his kit for a slight tweak as it used to be a great hoarde frame.

When starting out i'd recommend your friend stick to exterms on the starter planet till they get the hang of moving around and using their frame better, it doesn't help anyone to keep spawns reduced like this. Even newer players.

When spawn rates are so low we see players getting suffocated on baron survival runs, that is a challenge not even a skilled excal can beat let alone a new starter.

It might start out seeming like low spawns help new players, but really they make it harder to progress especially once new players get the hang of their controls, frame and gear.

Reality is they exist to prevent vets going to low end missions and mass farming. The latest changes to capture speak directly to this issue where DE did not like the idea of endless enemies that never grow in level the longer you stay as it makes farming too easy. See PC dev notes on hotfix that gave cap target bleedout.

They do not want farming to get easier, which more dense spawn rates would do. It comes back to the connection between plat sales and grind difficulty.