Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

22 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

By that same fact you wont be playing any game period if your pc is in a box.  You wont be moving to destiny,  or mhw or any other thing you simply wont be playing.  Its harsh but you dont deserve the items if you arent doing anything to get them.  You arent getting syndicate standing or focus or any other number of things if you dont put in effort for it and yet people assume that simple logins require less effort.  They dont.  People have lives and people miss days.  But those same people also get other things done with their time that people in game dont get done.  Im not getting my LoL account exp by playing warframe, Nor am I getting warframe stuff grinded out by playing LoL.  Its a trade youre making even if the choice to make it is taken from you.  

So no these people arent elitist or anything,  they simply earned things you didnt and dont want their efforts wasted because people want things faster even though those people had just as much time spent doing other things than logging in. 

You are making logging in sound like a significant piece of gameplay. Like an achievement or something. I don't deserve items because I am not logging in? You are crazy bruh.

Earning syndicate or focus ain't the same kind of dealio - you miss one day of farming Zenurik and it won't matter too much to your progress. It's just refreshed with no penalty for losing a day.

Oh but miss a login day? Well there's your 100, 200, 300 whatever streak down the toilet. Again, you are defending a broken and unscalable solution. Slap on more rewards for future login days and I'll tell you what will happen.

Day 2000: Zenistar MKII comes out - new player on a login streak sees it, gets disheartened, leaves.

Your argument is invalid.

23 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

But you will get the zenistar sooner if you want to as you will pick the reward in that category, it's only when you want everything yu will be needed to be at par with everyone else, this isn't unfair

If a piece of sh*t is shaped like a potato, it's still a piece of sh*t. Gating off content just sucks for everyone involved. 

7 hours ago, arii1986 said:

You are making logging in sound like a significant piece of gameplay. Like an achievement or something. I don't deserve items because I am not logging in? You are crazy bruh.

Earning syndicate or focus ain't the same kind of dealio - you miss one day of farming Zenurik and it won't matter too much to your progress. It's just refreshed with no penalty for losing a day.

Oh but miss a login day? Well there's your 100, 200, 300 whatever streak down the toilet. Again, you are defending a broken and unscalable solution. Slap on more rewards for future login days and I'll tell you what will happen.

Day 2000: Zenistar MKII comes out - new player on a login streak sees it, gets disheartened, leaves.

Your argument is invalid.

But it is the same,  if youre new and still workinh your way through the syndicates if you miss a day you'll take one day longer to eventually max them out with the daily standing cap.  And focus?  I still haven't maxxed mine out even though I worked at getting all the passives.  Im not crying "give me all the focus cus Ive played done 5 focus farm missions and I want it now"

Thats all this is here.  You miss a day and have to wait one day longer. There are no penalties for breaking streaks in this.  

Its completely fair.  And if new players are disheartened and going to leave because they cant be bothered logging in each day then I dont think theyre the type of player that needs the login items anyway.  Warframes a game people have sunk years of their life into playing and logging in for.  If theyre not going to see that and get discouraged to play then they werent going to become long time players anyway.  

7 hours ago, LuckyCharm said:

But it is the same,  if youre new and still workinh your way through the syndicates if you miss a day you'll take one day longer to eventually max them out with the daily standing cap.  And focus?  I still haven't maxxed mine out even though I worked at getting all the passives.  Im not crying "give me all the focus cus Ive played done 5 focus farm missions and I want it now"

Thats all this is here.  You miss a day and have to wait one day longer. There are no penalties for breaking streaks in this.  

Its completely fair.  And if new players are disheartened and going to leave because they cant be bothered logging in each day then I dont think theyre the type of player that needs the login items anyway.  Warframes a game people have sunk years of their life into playing and logging in for.  If theyre not going to see that and get discouraged to play then they werent going to become long time players anyway.  

I have failed to understand how the daily tribute system works. I didn't even realise it was based on accumulative login days - not consecutive login days. Better research required next time...

For shame 🙈 going to find a nice brown paper bag to stick my head in

23 hours ago, Zilotz said:

BUT conut only days  if person plays at least 4 missions(or over 1h in total) and kills at least 300mobs in one day?

Those metrics don't go together at all. 4 missions might be 12-15 minutes tops for some people. 1 hour is only three twenty minute survivals (less for the loading screens). 300 mobs, really shouldn't take an hour to kill.

Not even close, no Xerxes I, am I. 300 enemies packed into a narrow space isn't a barrier, it's an invitation. 

Many of the people who log in for short periods, also run sorties. They just don't want to do marathon sessions. A lot of the fuss over log in rewards were just people complaining because they feel they shouldn't have to put any effort in, and others who don't want "n00bs" to get the same stuff they have, "because we earned it, and it's just being given away to anyone now".

Don't fret yourself trying to figure out how they can "fix" something that isn't actually broken. 

I dont understand one thing. Why do players in the lead not want new players to experience the same loot? Most arguments are on how their dedication is being invalidated, but honestly, I dont see this as a race. I see it as a bonus reward where you can now choose what's most valuable to you. For me, I dreaded getting primed fury when I'm a blahtahtah player, primed vigor when I never used regular vigor, soon I'll get primed shred, which is the mod I want. I don't care if I can/cannot catch up to the race nobody is winning, I just want to have fun choosing the rewards I desire.

2 hours ago, arii1986 said:

I have failed to understand how the daily tribute system works. I didn't even realise it was based on accumulative login days - not consecutive login days. Better research required next time...

Don't worry about it, Tenno. Things aren't really explained well in this game, and with the amount of fuss some people made about the change, it certainly seemed like it was a huge deal. 

The rewards for logging in, are just that, a way for them to say 'thanks for joining us today'. It's like if your grandmother gave you a cookie and a dollar for ice-cream whenever you visited. Some people seem to be of the opinion that they are entitled to it, and are willing to hire a lawyer to force the old woman to give them their 'due' for all the days that they weren't there. Some seem to be upset that Grandma is equally generous with all her grandkids, even the ones who only show up every once in a while, snatch the cookie and run off down the road. 

Don't be like them. You just play the game that you enjoy, have fun with the things you have, and don't sit around fretting about what you have that others don't, or what they have that you haven't unlocked yet. 

I want the rewards to stop getting worse. Lodestar Syandana and Armor is honestly just bad. And I think it's entirely fair to say by the time you do aquire those you'll likely have gotten something better anyway. Please go back and revisit them and give them something to make them unique.

13 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

I want the rewards to stop getting worse. Lodestar Syandana and Armor is honestly just bad. And I think it's entirely fair to say by the time you do aquire those you'll likely have gotten something better anyway. Please go back and revisit them and give them something to make them unique.

So you want a refund? Other sets you pay for. It's given to you for free as a thank you for playing. What is the problem? 

Are the super good coupons going to still be included in the daily rewards? The only time I can afford to get Platinum is with an excellent coupon (75% off).. I’ve only gotten 1 of those. But, The chance to get one of those at least every 2 months or maybe 3 months max would be nice.

14 hours ago, LuckyCharm said:

The struggle here is every day missed is another day you're behind the leaders, and the gap only widens the more days you miss, or in the case of you having started warframe more recently, you never had the option at all. As it currently stands the proposed login changes do absolutely nothing. you still need to wait 900 days to get all the mods and weapons, a catch up mechanic is needed, if atleast for the functional items. don't care for the cosmetics.

30 minutes ago, Chronozilla said:

The struggle here is every day missed is another day you're behind the leaders, and the gap only widens the more days you miss, or in the case of you having started warframe more recently, you never had the option at all. As it currently stands the proposed login changes do absolutely nothing. you still need to wait 900 days to get all the mods and weapons, a catch up mechanic is needed, if atleast for the functional items. don't care for the cosmetics.

I gather that.  Im about 40 days behind the leaders too and while i dont particularly agree that non cosmetic stuff should be tied behind this sort of wall the thing is that de are putting the cosmetics in there too so if someone chose they could pick up the 1000 day reward im working towards on their 100th day..  Thats not really a catchup mechanic thats just a kick in the shins to anyone who actually waited that long for it.  

Add to that the best rewards are gained by day 500 anyway barring sigma and octantis there really isnt reason for the catchup thing other than a tiny bit of mastery and a little power gain,  since the benefits are insignificant for the mods.  

But i think one of the major reasons veterans who have logged in this long are annoyed besides the prestige factor is it feels like for the last 3 rewards at least theyve intentionally made no effort for them to be decent. The syandana does nothing and looks pretty trash compared to even the earliest tennogen ones.  The armor set is stationary with no animation or cool metallics or any special glows or effects. And primed sure footed still locks you into a longer animation than just using handspring to stand back up. The only reason vets want to keep these as prestigious items are that they have nothing else to show for those last 300+ wasted login days.  

5 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

So you want a refund? Other sets you pay for. It's given to you for free as a thank you for playing. What is the problem? 

The problem is DE doesn't care for vets...Please don't use the "it's free" argument. I've spent at least over £100 on this game and probably much more. Time is money and I've invested tons of it into Warframe. I've even made a thread yesterday asking for MORE things to buy.

Here's what money can get you: Prime armor with unique effects while channeled

Here's what time can get you: An armor set for 1000 days of logins.

I'm not going to try and make some scale on a time-to-money ratio but I think for at least 1000 days that kind of dedication should be rewarded with more than a consolation prize, or rather a "reward just for the sake of being a reward", which is what the past few milestones have been.

I will say this, it is pretty lazy. Primed Sure Footed, Lodestar Syandana and Armor that you will likely already have better alternatives by 1000 days. I'm not asking for powercreep as I'm one of the rare few that don't mind Primed SF even though the mod itself has proven to be broken even at 100%...I just wish if weapons like Azima/Zenistar/Zenith are going to be replaced by cosmetics it'd be something I'd want to wear. Heck, if it was something as simple as the "discs" spun faster while channeling I would drop all my complaints right now. To me all it proves by existing is saying "hey look I got to 1000 days and all I got was this lousy armor!", That's the only value those items have.

And with the upcoming changes to the tribute system (which I originally didn't mind) everyone is now going to start saying "but it's a 50 day login reward what did you expect?" essentially making everything I've said here void, and I'll still be stuck here with a feeling of being thrown in the trash.

I really want to make this as blunt as possible: I have no problem with upcoming changes and players getting rewards it took years for me to get for less. My concern is that all these milestones will amount to is collectionist fodder. Now what gets to benefit newer players has indirectly targetted me as a vet making the system as a whole worthless.

3 hours ago, Zahnny said:

The problem is DE doesn't care for vets...Please don't use the "it's free" argument.

Too late. You get a gift for logging in. One nobody paid for, and one that you can't buy. For the record I've spent money on the game too, but I do appreciate the gift I get at login. 

Here's what money can get you: Prime armor with unique effects while channeled

Here's what time can get you: An armor set for 1000 days of logins.

No, that's what plat can buy. You can get the plat just from playing the game. You know what you can't buy with plat? A whole bunch of free rewards you can get from logging in. 

I think for at least 1000 days that kind of dedication should be rewarded with more than a consolation prize, or rather a "reward just for the sake of being a reward", which is what the past few milestones have been.

Why? Why do you think that? You get a gift from a coworker on a day that isn't even your third anniversary of joining the company, do you turn around and tell them that you deserve a better gift? Because that's what you are doing here. Take a minute to recognise that. 

To me all it proves by existing is saying "hey look I got to 1000 days and all I got was this lousy armor!", That's the only value those items have.

You know how many t-shirts I have gotten from friends who have gone places and brought them back as souvenirs that say the same thing? And you know what I have always said to them?  "Hey thanks, you didn't have to get me anything, but I appreciate you thinking about me. 😊 " 

And with the upcoming changes to the tribute system (which I originally didn't mind) everyone is now going to start saying "but it's a 50 day login reward what did you expect?" essentially making everything I've said here void, and I'll still be stuck here with a feeling of being thrown in the trash.

Nope, most people probably won't care, one way or the other. If you want to be upset that you got a bunch of gifts at specific milestones, that will still take others years to collect, just perhaps in a different order, please feel free. 

My concern is that all these milestones will amount to is collectionist fodder. Now what gets to benefit newer players has indirectly targetted me as a vet making the system as a whole worthless.

Isn't that what they always were? A couple of weapons that high login/high MR would get, the occasional primed mod, some cosmetics, and a bunch of minor resources you could get elsewhere, in between? 

The minute you started worrying about what other people have gotten and what you got, or worrying about how long it took you and how long it might take them, you went down wrong path. The only thing any of us should ever worry about is how we're doing, compared to how we were doing yesterday.

Are you having fun with the game? Are you looking forward to seeing the new content? Have you revisited any of your favourite frames and mission types recently? Are you happy? Those are the important issues, and people seem to be missing that. A lot. 

Personally I think DE should just make it an opt-out system. If anyone doesn't want the gifts, they're free to not receive any of them. How many people do you think will jump on that bandwagon? I'm thinking that it would be a very small number. 

26 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Personally I think DE should just make it an opt-out system. If anyone doesn't want the gifts, they're free to not receive any of them. How many people do you think will jump on that bandwagon? I'm thinking that it would be a very small number. 

I'm in, just give the mods to Baro and charge me a ton of ducats, and let me have to grind for the parts of the weapons before I can craft them. I don't care what the material costs are; I have a ton already.

I love this game.

I realize that new players give more money to DE, but being just a couple weeks away from the 2.7 year log in reward on PS4...

1000 days...

Giving everyone everything is great. I'm all for it. Sign me up!!

I would like Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime, Skana Prime, Primed Chamber, Affinity Amp, Mark of the Beast, Combo Fury just to name a few.

Thanks

5 hours ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

I'm in, just give the mods to Baro and charge me a ton of ducats, and let me have to grind for the parts of the weapons before I can craft them. I don't care what the material costs are; I have a ton already.

No, that's no good. If you opt out, you should get nothing. 👍

That's how gifts work, isn't it? 😊

6 hours ago, Zahnny said:

Look, I understand you're the kind of person who is going to assume I'm entitled and etc, while ignoring your own arrogance so I'm just not in the mood to deal with it as you won't give me the ground if I tried.

Dont worry about it man,  the guy joined in february this year.  Hes one of the people DE is screwing over us vets to please.  

And i agree about the 1000 day login,  im almost there too and from what ive seen theres no effort at all put into it.  Its simple plates with a spike and the chest is just the syandana again with a zenith disk in the middle. Nothing at all special to make it feel like a reward.  Could have made something truely epic for that amount of time spent supporting the game instead of feeling like they slapped something together last minute like they did with revenants skills.  Could have glowy dragon wings flare up when you cast skills or something, anything really instead of just more basic static pieces

6 hours ago, Zahnny said:

Look, I understand you're the kind of person who is going to assume I'm entitled and etc, while ignoring your own arrogance so I'm just not in the mood to deal with it as you won't give me the ground if I tried.

The arrogance of recognising when a gift is given to me that I don't really have a right to demand that they take it back and get me something better? 

Or for recognition that what others have that I don't, isn't something that should rob me of my joy? 

Or was it for the bit where I said that all of the milestones still need to be earned, even if it's in a different order, so that's not really a cause for concern? 

Or was it for saying that I also spent money on the game? Because I didn't say how much, and I didn't want to make it a comparison of "who has been willing to spend more per day over the course of x number of days. If you had never spent as much as a farthing, it would have been the same, because you would still a customer, just like anyone else and it's not a matter of how deep anyone's pockets are. 

Or was it when I asked if you're actually enjoying the game, and if you are happy? I ask that, because so many of the people who are complaining seem to not actually be enjoying the game. They are letting something someone else has/may have, bother them, and dictate their happiness. That doesn't make sense to me at all. 

Was it one of those? Or all? Or something else entirely? 

4 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

Dont worry about it man,  the guy joined in february this year.  Hes one of the people DE is screwing over us vets to please.  

Bad new my friend, if DE decided to scrap it and I wouldn't get any more gifts for logging in, I'd be sad, but probably not for the reason you think. 

I have a bunch of cosmetic stuff that I've never used in mission, just Baro's colour pallette. I saw people complaining about us getting the rift sigil and pointed out that I've never used it and don't intend to. I have the plague shoulder stuff and the cherry tree, and the diadem. But I don't care for flash, never have. 

As you said I joined this year, and I'm still working on just getting all the regular frames, and building up my dojo rooms, and doing the research, and my syndicates, and the quills and everything else. (I have terrible luck getting tellurium so I'd actually miss that reward a lot.) 

I have a lot to occupy me for the time being. Venus is going to drop soon. I'll have new pets, and weapons. 

The reason I would be sad is that the Devs would have felt like they had to take away stuff being given freely, because a small group of people didn't really want any others to get what they have, and another group kept demanding that they be given access to everything right away. 

You're worried that I'll get the rewards it's taken you a thousand days to get. But here's the thing, it's still going to take me a thousand logins to get all of it. Where is the difference? 

Personally if it was up to me, I'd have just taken it all back and said "nobody gets anything, now everyone is equal", and I'm certain that's what would make everyone happy. Because you would be happy because the noobs don't get to have what you have, and the noobs would be a happy because the vets no longer have things that they covet. Isn't that right? 

11 hours ago, Zahnny said:

The problem is DE doesn't care for vets...Please don't use the "it's free" argument. I've spent at least over £100 on this game and probably much more. Time is money and I've invested tons of it into Warframe. I've even made a thread yesterday asking for MORE things to buy.

I think you've been playing the wrong game

Archived