Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

DE - you realise we have lives, families and commitments that we want to enjoy as well? I do love your game, but the daily login system makes me feel like a slave. A slave that MUST do his chore if I want my shiny login gun/mod. You want people to feel like the game is a chore? 

People get burnt out on games, even the ones they love. And they often return to those games. The daily tribute promotes burning a player out because it's a damn chore. Even if they want a break, they HAVE to login or risk losing a massive streak of logins.

DE: you want this shiny Sigma & Octantis don't you?

Near burnt out player: Yes but tired... family... tired of farming cetus bounties

DE: Tough 💩 login and do your CHORE

The daily tribute system is not very good. Locking weapons and mods behind this system is a terrible idea. Fair enough, reward regular logins and milestones. But why not in cosmetics, glyphs and items players can use to brag visually? Even the proposed Endo scaling is pointless - unless bumped up significantly. 1000 login days: 300 endo? Puh - leaseeeeee.

System should've never been implemented. Now we're getting users arguing over items that are free..

Remove all the weapons and mods and just keep it to cosmetics the odd boosters/rivens.

Players should be coming back to this game because it is fun and enjoyable not because they're forced to constantly log in each day so they don't lose out on weapons/mods.

Apparently, many people think that locking weapons and prime mods behind timegates is a good idea.

It's not. Logging in everyday is a chore and this is not how you keep player retention. I am rank mastery 25 and am still one day away from the first weapon (100 day reward).

I can't be bothered to log in when there's really nothing to do. Does that mean I'm not a "veteran" or whatever ? I don't think so, I've played this game since the beta days and have yet to unlock any prime login mods, which to be honest, is kind of a bummer.

In my opinion, only cosmetics and the likes should be locked behind login days, not gameplay elements. Make the player play your game to get those rewards, not mindlessly log in everyday for years.

Truly disappointed to say the least

7 hours ago, Bossy. said:

Why is it I invested 950+ days receiving content with dedication and now every casual player will be able to run around in no time(100 days?! are you for real?!) with OP zenistar for example ... I'm being asked every day 10's of times what is that great awesome succulent weapon on your back! that just shows how much people will drop on it on chance. Till this moment this is just endgamers problems but i truely believe that this accessibility will force DE's to nerf IT/them later, same as mesa(still decent,not complaining), amber(pointless)...you catch the drift... only because they enabled people to be afk.

at the moment I dont see it so
often that it would be abused (i have never seen more than 1-2 zenistars in team during 4864 hours played), it will change soon as i see.

smells like
disappointment, convince me that I'm wrong please.

So let me get this straight. You are getting salty because you won't have as many new players having a boner over your gear? What the f-

How does a new player having a nice thing affect your enjoyment of the game? 🤔

3 hours ago, arii1986 said:

So let me get this straight. You are getting salty because you won't have as many new players having a boner over your gear? What the f-

IMHO it has nothing to do with lording over new players.  I think there's a value issue when (as is the case with Primes W/ Prime) stuff is given away for free to anybody in (what I think is) the hopes of growing the playerbase and (based on the law of reciprocity) buying platinum to further fund the game.

From a fiscal point-of-view: is there a correlation between changing login, giving way Primes, etc. and revenue?

And, every F2P game should remember who it's "whales" are, and—if they want to incentivize new and returning players with stuff that took hours upon hours (or plat) to get—how to appease all the player demographics without creating points of contention/animosity.

Maybe cosmetics ARE the answer...

Then again, maybe it's something else entirely.

12 hours ago, arii1986 said:

DE - you realise we have lives, families and commitments that we want to enjoy as well? I do love your game, but the daily login system makes me feel like a slave. A slave that MUST do his chore if I want my shiny login gun/mod. You want people to feel like the game is a chore? 

People get burnt out on games, even the ones they love. And they often return to those games. The daily tribute promotes burning a player out because it's a damn chore. Even if they want a break, they HAVE to login or risk losing a massive streak of logins.

DE: you want this shiny Sigma & Octantis don't you?

Near burnt out player: Yes but tired... family... tired of farming cetus bounties

DE: Tough 💩 login and do your CHORE

The daily tribute system is not very good. Locking weapons and mods behind this system is a terrible idea. Fair enough, reward regular logins and milestones. But why not in cosmetics, glyphs and items players can use to brag visually? Even the proposed Endo scaling is pointless - unless bumped up significantly. 1000 login days: 300 endo? Puh - leaseeeeee.

Its not a chore. Its called prioritizeing. You cant get everything everywhere rushed. If spending 1 minute a day to log in is a chore this game is not for you...  chore is a sorties for example on which you spend 30-40min and its a MAYBE .

11 hours ago, arii1986 said:

Read what i said one more time and maybe you will get my point. It has nothing to do with boners or greed. Why I'm even explaining, I said everything clear...

3 hours ago, Bossy. said:

Read what i said one more time and maybe you will get my point. It has nothing to do with boners or greed. Why I'm even explaining, I said everything clear...

I'm being asked every day 10's of times what is that great awesome succulent weapon on your back!

This is you getting a boner over other players getting a boner over your gear - I did read what you said. You also called players casuals - nice bit of elitism. And that opening up the daily tribute will force some nerfs to your boner inducing weapon xD

1 hour ago, arii1986 said:

I'm being asked every day 10's of times what is that great awesome succulent weapon on your back!

This is you getting a boner over other players getting a boner over your gear - I did read what you said. You also called players casuals - nice bit of elitism. And that opening up the daily tribute will force some nerfs to your boner inducing weapon xD

This is just shallow and ignorant coming from you, messing up the context and twisting words pointlessly. Understand what you want and as you want. I'm not going to continue this ineffectual conversation.

Login rewards do not reward basic stuff like starter weapons or mods (serration, redirection), they grant things that rewards the player for the extra effort without penalizing the players that do not login.

Primed shread or vigor isn't necessary, because the regular mod will do just fine, since the very start primed mods were for those seeking that extra kick, it is never meant for those still completing basic tasks in the game.

Sigils there are several and you can't use them all and the rewards like forma and resources are an extra, they are not meant to be replacements for gameplay.

If you want all the things some players have gathered, then login like they have, i understand that is not always possible, but you're not losing anything.

13 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

Login rewards do not reward basic stuff like starter weapons or mods (serration, redirection), they grant things that rewards the player for the extra effort without penalizing the players that do not login.

Primed shread or vigor isn't necessary, because the regular mod will do just fine, since the very start primed mods were for those seeking that extra kick, it is never meant for those still completing basic tasks in the game.

Sigils there are several and you can't use them all and the rewards like forma and resources are an extra, they are not meant to be replacements for gameplay.

If you want all the things some players have gathered, then login like they have, i understand that is not always possible, but you're not losing anything.

It does penalise players that don't login though? Sure, logging in is "easy" you just have to be near your computer/system. But real life stuff does come up - sometimes things happen. Things that mean you can't get near a computer.

What this system does is punish a dedicated player for missing a day. There are example in this thread of players who have been playing for years and have only just achieved their first milestone.

Because of this, the rewards shouldn't be game content in terms of mods/weapons. It's just downright unfair. The system is 💩 dress it any way you want.

The daily tribute system GATES of content.

The login rewards should be orokin reactors, orokin catalysts, forma, rivens (god would be so pumped to get a shotgun riven), exclusive cosmetics, glyphs, maybe some platinum.

How about reducing milestones to 25(stashes)/50(weapons/mods) days BUT conut only days  if person plays at least 4 missions(or over 1h in total) and kills at least 300mobs in one day?

That is not much to play, easy to achieve even for mr0 people and proves that you don't just jump in for rewards but play a bit.

3 hours ago, Zilotz said:

How about reducing milestones to 25(stashes)/50(weapons/mods) days BUT conut only days  if person plays at least 4 missions(or over 1h in total) and kills at least 300mobs in one day?

That is not much to play, easy to achieve even for mr0 people and proves that you don't just jump in for rewards but play a bit.

I think a lot of people totally miss the point of this sort of system. No one needs to prove anything.

WF is a free to play game. DE stays in business by getting people to start playing, keep playing, and come back to play again if they haven't in a while. A lot goes into this, from the partner program and advertising to Tenno Con and huge events/quests, and frankly just making the game good so people have fun with it. Making it fair and engaging so they feel good about spending time and money on it. A small part of that larger effort - to keep people at least interested enough that game stays on their radar and they'll get sucked back in by cool new updates/maps/quests - is the login rewards. Nearly every online game does this, all for pretty much the same reason. It costs nothing to throw in a little daily reward to hook those few players who might've been drifting a bit. If the rest of the game just isn't quite enough for someone who's getting a little burned out, or they're starting to focus on a new game, a small incentive to log in might just be enough to keep them around a bit longer. If they stay around a bit longer, there's odds that they'll see something that makes them want to play more or buy some plat.

Creating a system that makes people "prove" that they're committed to this game, something that tests whether they're a "real" WF fan, accomplishes absolutely none of this. If the login system is supposed to separate the veterans from the noobs, or whatever everyone seems to think it's for, it is at best simply not doing what login rewards are supposed to do, and at worst pushing away people who are on the fence. And while you might think "good riddance, if they were on the fence they're not worthy anyway!", the 200 or so employees of Digital Extremes would probably prefer that they stick around.

38 minutes ago, Zilotz said:

It adds more points of failure, it forces people to do things and at that point it really isn't a login reward. 

The whole point of the login reward system is to get people to log in to bolster Warframes Metrics and with the hope that maybe the player will choose to do a thing, the operative word being choose. 

There is nothing wrong with a simple, just log in reward. Lots of games have them tho usually they are more "visible" to the player. Not that you don't see Warframes reward track but most other games I've seen login rewards for are significantly more chunkitized. 

EG they are broken up into essentially weekly cycles. First six days you pull from a standard reward pool, the seventh you get something a bit more spiffy. So there is always something just over the horizon and it doesn't have to be anything "great" just something. That cycle repeats about four times and at the end of the fourth cycle (28 days or ~1month) you get "the big reward".

As far as the PlayX Missions have ~Y time and have killed ~Z enemies. That can in theory work but typically those are presented to the player as a daily/weekly challenge. Tho we already have essentially that between the Alerts/Invasions/Syndicate Missions and of course the Sortie. We really don't need any more daily challenges. 

> Creating a system that makes people "prove" that they're committed to this game, something that tests whether they're a "real" WF fan, accomplishes absolutely none of this.

Just putting carrot(like real milestone rewards) near is enough to entertain people, no?

Or we can try both ways at same time - one like it is now(login and get but takes long) or log in and play a bit and get 4 times faster what you want.

5 hours ago, Oreades said:

EG they are broken up into essentially weekly cycles. First six days you pull from a standard reward pool, the seventh you get something a bit more spiffy. So there is always something just over the horizon and it doesn't have to be anything "great" just something. That cycle repeats about four times and at the end of the fourth cycle (28 days or ~1month) you get "the big reward".

This is what I was thinking about, yeah. Other games do "time gated" rewards, but the span of time we're talking about is so short that it's something you can reasonably achieve.

I've stopped playing WF for a few months here and there, and the login rewards were never a factor in keeping me around or making me come back. Even when I'm active, there are a few days a week I can't really play - or just don't want to - so the login system as it stands is worthless to me. Years of waiting, and once I get there I'm still years behind? And that's if I'm perfect on it. If I play like I do now (and this system gives me no reason not to), that span of "behind" time just becomes ever more enormous. No thanks. I'll log in on days I can't play for a week, maybe a month, for something shiny.. but not for two and a half years.

There are other games where I've logged in to keep that "reward track" going when I couldn't play (GW2, BDO, DDO, etc), and it's entirely possible that these logins kept me playing longer than I otherwise would've. Conversely, I might not have taken those breaks from WF if it had a more functional system here - I get a little burned out on this game after reaching whatever goals I set for myself, and it's easy for a week long break to turn into a month or more, even if I haven't made the decision to quit playing for good.

At the end of the day, I did quit most of those other games and I did stick with Warframe. They just weren't good enough, and Warframe was. But who knows if I'd have been a better customer for DE if I'd logged in more?

Perhaps DE should move to a seasonal reward system similar-to-but-not-the-same-as Fortnite...

A year is broken into 2-4 seasons and login rewards are largely cosmetic or means to drive more store traffic and fuel the game (like small amounts of platinum).

Do a Tennogen call for armor, syandanas, sigils, etc. and set them up to be login rewards at quarter, third, half, or whatever intervals you want.

Fill the gaps with Tellurium or Oxium or something and then you're all set.

6 hours ago, arii1986 said:

What this system does is punish a dedicated player for missing a day. There are example in this thread of players who have been playing for years and have only just achieved their first milestone.

Yes, it's the same players that play derelicts left and right to farm nekros, relics, mods, exp, kavat scans, ayatan statues and so on and yet they donate 0 mutagen samples to the dojo research because the hema research is and i quote "too grindy"

You have to see past the bs to understand what are the circunstances of life and intentionally not logging in.

Same reason some players want all the sigils because they are needed. Do you honestly need that many sigils when ou can only use 1?

Do you honestly believe the weapons or the mods for that matter will trow the player into higher efficiency gameplay?

Don't make excuses, login, make that effort and then you will be rewarded.

4 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

Yes, it's the same players that play derelicts left and right to farm nekros, relics, mods, exp, kavat scans, ayatan statues and so on and yet they donate 0 mutagen samples to the dojo research because the hema research is and i quote "to grindy"

You have to see past the bs to understand what are the circunstances of life and intentionally not logging in.

Same reson some players want all the sigils because they are needed. Do you honestly need that many sigils when ou can only use 1?

Do you honestly believe the weapons or the mods for that matter will trow the player into higher efficiency gameplay?

Don't make excuses, login, make that effort and then you will be rewarded.

Generalisations, painting everyone with the same brush and assumptions are NOT helpful friend-o

I have to move in a couple of months as my wife is expecting our second child. My PC is going to be in a box, I will have sh*t loads of stuff to do. So no - I won't be able to login that day to "make that effort" and  "be rewarded" 🙄

Mate - real life stuff happens: this system is pure BS. All the people in this thread defending it sound massively elitist and just want to excuse the sh*ttiness of it because they got what they wanted - screw everyone else.

Oh you want this Zenistar? Be a mindless login zombie and get it. Yeah nahhhhhh

By that same fact you wont be playing any game period if your pc is in a box.  You wont be moving to destiny,  or mhw or any other thing you simply wont be playing.  Its harsh but you dont deserve the items if you arent doing anything to get them.  You arent getting syndicate standing or focus or any other number of things if you dont put in effort for it and yet people assume that simple logins require less effort.  They dont.  People have lives and people miss days.  But those same people also get other things done with their time that people in game dont get done.  Im not getting my LoL account exp by playing warframe, Nor am I getting warframe stuff grinded out by playing LoL.  Its a trade youre making even if the choice to make it is taken from you.  

So no these people arent elitist or anything,  they simply earned things you didnt and dont want their efforts wasted because people want things faster even though those people had just as much time spent doing other things than logging in. 

1 hour ago, arii1986 said:

Generalisations, painting everyone with the same brush and assumptions are NOT helpful friend-o

I have to move in a couple of months as my wife is expecting our second child. My PC is going to be in a box, I will have sh*t loads of stuff to do. So no - I won't be able to login that day to "make that effort" and  "be rewarded" 🙄

Mate - real life stuff happens: this system is pure BS. All the people in this thread defending it sound massively elitist and just want to excuse the sh*ttiness of it because they got what they wanted - screw everyone else.

Oh you want this Zenistar? Be a mindless login zombie and get it. Yeah nahhhhhh

But you will get the zenistar sooner if you want to as you will pick the reward in that category, it's only when you want everything you will be needed to be at par with everyone else, this isn't unfair

Archived