[DE]Rebecca

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop!

15 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Uh... What? No thank you. I have terrible luck collecting tellurium. 20 minutes destroying every living thing on the screen, cutting them in twain, desecrating the fragments of their corpses and looting them too, and then replacing them with reanimated dead ones to help make more corpses and I'm lucky if I get one. ONE

Yeah, fair point, tellurium can be pretty rare if you need a lot. The reason most vets don't care is that you need so little of it that after a little bit you can't help but build up a surplus. If you're still building things that need it, I can understand you wanting it as a daily. Can I ask what MR you are? I'm not sure when that point is when you don't really need it anymore, so I'm curious.

22 minutes ago, Azrael said:

Yeah, fair point, tellurium can be pretty rare if you need a lot. The reason most vets don't care is that you need so little of it that after a little bit you can't help but build up a surplus. If you're still building things that need it, I can understand you wanting it as a daily. Can I ask what MR you are? I'm not sure when that point is when you don't really need it anymore, so I'm curious.

16 right now. Still working on the rooms and research in my solo clan, as well as building up my mastery. 

I don't know how many more I will need, but... There's always knux. 😧

8 hours ago, Sahansral said:

So much this.

During the year there are usually several phases of content drought. If there's only repetition beyond 1000 days, there's no incentive to login if there's nothing to do in the game. People will just stop logging in each day.

People seem to forget the task of a login reward system. Provide high numbers for meta charts and motivating people to stay with the game despite temporal lack of content. And a login system without good incentive after some time stops working.

DE can evaluate this by comparing the old daily rewards systems with the numbers of the current daily tribute,

Another example was the graph they showed of participations in sorties. The curve dropped pretty harsh after some time because there was no incentive. And then they introduced rivens into the reward pool.

A year is 365 days, meaning it takes you almost 3 years to achieve 1000 days, that's if you log-in every day without exceptions. Not sure what that as to do with content drought, specially when it's only a handful of items and resources that for players who've been with the game for so many years, is just another number for their stockpile of resources.

Logging in doesn't equate to playing the game, I'm sure you're more than familiarized with people who log-in and out on a daily basis without playing the game, and they aren't that few either.

All and all, the daily tribute system is the most egregious form of F2P mechanic Warframe currently has on a game that prides itself of how fair it is (and it is) to it's players.It's quite frankly worse than some cash cows F2P games with similar daily tribute mechanics because it forces you to wait years for no real reward to "veterans" besides locking gameplay elements from players.

If DE really wanted to increase participation they could do so via more events and content (and they do). And if they wanted to give back to their "veterans" who've stuck with the game for years, they would give them exclusive cosmetics because last i checked, the game was called Fashionframe.

Edited by Brufh
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

I would like to come out completely AGAINST the new Edited changes you just announced. The vocal minority of angry people don't add anything & you shouldn't lose track of the main reason you decided to change it. Letting your players wait 200 days before they can get a Mod or a Weapon that gives them an advantage in the game is absurd, goes against everything warframe stands for and makes the entry into WF for new players even worse.

As someone that has stayed with the game for 4 or 5 years now, I think this change does all the wrong.

Edited by Leorion
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Leorion said:

Letting your players wait 200 days before they can get a Mod or a Weapon that gives them an advantage in the game is absurd, goes against everything warframe stands for and makes the entry into WF for new players even worse.

really can't agree enough. The new player experience is rough enough, this is a place we can and should ease it for them. Vets can/should get some time-locked rewards like syandanas or those shoulder sigils raids used to give out or I dunno, let people at login day 900 talk about what cosmetics they want 😄 Let them show their dedication, just don't let them show it with an ingame power advantage. That sends a terrible message. Also, is frustrating for a new player who might be turned away from becoming that veteran.

remember, that "core goal" of frequent logins cuts both ways: inspire people to do it in the first place, reward people who do. a 50 day gap and years of rewards is one without the other.

Well...

tenor.gif?itemid=5577301

Can't say I'm happy at all. Seethingly furious really.

Part of it is I had to wait for my stuff, why get the best on demand first?

Not that it's been really great stuff usually, but even if logging in isn't hard or anything, it is time I spent, almost 850 days worth, (would be more but I end up in and out of hospitals a lot.) That time was previously given value, and now I have been given the impression it is worth fairly less.

Nothing I can do but grit my teeth and bear it.

I remember a time before the newer daily rewards... Newbies did fine then, I don't feel primed mods I couldn't begin to rank up, some powerful (and some crappy) disc themed weapons that were so gamebreakingly good apparently that they were MUST HAVE NOW, or anything else in the rewards is useful to new players.

If anything the current whatever50 rewards would be more useful to them.

Also I'm starting to think the 75% bonus is much less often the longer you play.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Why is it I invested 950+ days receiving content with dedication and now every casual player will be able to run around in no time(100 days?! are you for real?!) with OP zenistar for example ... I'm being asked every day 10's of times what is that great awesome succulent weapon on your back! that just shows how much people will drop on it on chance. Till this moment this is just endgamers problems but i truely believe that this accessibility will force DE's to nerf IT/them later, same as mesa(still decent,not complaining), amber(pointless)...you catch the drift... only because they enabled people to be afk.

at the moment I dont see it so
often that it would be abused (i have never seen more than 1-2 zenistars in team during 4864 hours played), it will change soon as i see.

smells like
disappointment, convince me that I'm wrong please.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Well...

tenor.gif?itemid=5577301

Can't say I'm happy at all. Seethingly furious really.

Part of it is I had to wait for my stuff, why get the best on demand first?

Not that it's been really great stuff usually, but even if logging in isn't hard or anything, it is time I spent, almost 850 days worth, (would be more but I end up in and out of hospitals a lot.) That time was previously given value, and now I have been given the impression it is worth fairly less.

Nothing I can do but grit my teeth and bear it.

I remember a time before the newer daily rewards... Newbies did fine then, I don't feel primed mods I couldn't begin to rank up, some powerful (and some crappy) disc themed weapons that were so gamebreakingly good apparently that they were MUST HAVE NOW, or anything else in the rewards is useful to new players.

If anything the current whatever50 rewards would be more useful to them.

Also I'm starting to think the 75% bonus is much less often the longer you play.

totally agreed

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just take primed mods and weapons (not the BPs for random ones) out of the Daiily tribute, make the rewards feel at least ok, ressources, booster, plat discounts, cosmetic stuff are ok, just make the quantities be good (10k credits feels uttering bad) 
Mods and Weapons should NOT be locked with a timegame that can go as far as 3 YEARS
Well let's see what happens

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

I DO think that certain weapons and primed mods should be rewards for considerable dedication/login...

But, I think that, like the Prime With Prime stuff and Umbra, DE is hoping to give players (especially newer ones) powerful tools to immediately use in all of the game's content and convert them into their active playerbase.

I DO think that loyalty should be worth something because I believe many dedicated/active players are also the ones buying plat for in-game items and fueling DE's balance sheet.  I worked so hard to get Frost, Ash, Scindo, and Soma Prime(s), and when I built them and started using them I felt an incredible sense of achievement...now they all kinda feel like wasted time.

I think the reward system should benefit new and old and consistent/active players alike, and (admittedly), I don't know how DE could do that to retain their active players, energize their new players, and bring back old players.

• Upvote 2

DE - you realise we have lives, families and commitments that we want to enjoy as well? I do love your game, but the daily login system makes me feel like a slave. A slave that MUST do his chore if I want my shiny login gun/mod. You want people to feel like the game is a chore? 

People get burnt out on games, even the ones they love. And they often return to those games. The daily tribute promotes burning a player out because it's a damn chore. Even if they want a break, they HAVE to login or risk losing a massive streak of logins.

DE: you want this shiny Sigma & Octantis don't you?

Near burnt out player: Yes but tired... family... tired of farming cetus bounties

DE: Tough 💩 login and do your CHORE

The daily tribute system is not very good. Locking weapons and mods behind this system is a terrible idea. Fair enough, reward regular logins and milestones. But why not in cosmetics, glyphs and items players can use to brag visually? Even the proposed Endo scaling is pointless - unless bumped up significantly. 1000 login days: 300 endo? Puh - leaseeeeee.

Edited by Guest
replaced profanity with an emoji :3

System should've never been implemented. Now we're getting users arguing over items that are free..

Remove all the weapons and mods and just keep it to cosmetics the odd boosters/rivens.

Players should be coming back to this game because it is fun and enjoyable not because they're forced to constantly log in each day so they don't lose out on weapons/mods.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Apparently, many people think that locking weapons and prime mods behind timegates is a good idea.

It's not. Logging in everyday is a chore and this is not how you keep player retention. I am rank mastery 25 and am still one day away from the first weapon (100 day reward).

I can't be bothered to log in when there's really nothing to do. Does that mean I'm not a "veteran" or whatever ? I don't think so, I've played this game since the beta days and have yet to unlock any prime login mods, which to be honest, is kind of a bummer.

In my opinion, only cosmetics and the likes should be locked behind login days, not gameplay elements. Make the player play your game to get those rewards, not mindlessly log in everyday for years.

Truly disappointed to say the least

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

So basically nothing changed

Edited by Myscho
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Bossy. said:

Why is it I invested 950+ days receiving content with dedication and now every casual player will be able to run around in no time(100 days?! are you for real?!) with OP zenistar for example ... I'm being asked every day 10's of times what is that great awesome succulent weapon on your back! that just shows how much people will drop on it on chance. Till this moment this is just endgamers problems but i truely believe that this accessibility will force DE's to nerf IT/them later, same as mesa(still decent,not complaining), amber(pointless)...you catch the drift... only because they enabled people to be afk.

at the moment I dont see it so
often that it would be abused (i have never seen more than 1-2 zenistars in team during 4864 hours played), it will change soon as i see.

smells like
disappointment, convince me that I'm wrong please.

So let me get this straight. You are getting salty because you won't have as many new players having a boner over your gear? What the f-

How does a new player having a nice thing affect your enjoyment of the game? 🤔

3 hours ago, arii1986 said:

So let me get this straight. You are getting salty because you won't have as many new players having a boner over your gear? What the f-

IMHO it has nothing to do with lording over new players.  I think there's a value issue when (as is the case with Primes W/ Prime) stuff is given away for free to anybody in (what I think is) the hopes of growing the playerbase and (based on the law of reciprocity) buying platinum to further fund the game.

From a fiscal point-of-view: is there a correlation between changing login, giving way Primes, etc. and revenue?

And, every F2P game should remember who it's "whales" are, and—if they want to incentivize new and returning players with stuff that took hours upon hours (or plat) to get—how to appease all the player demographics without creating points of contention/animosity.

Maybe cosmetics ARE the answer...

Then again, maybe it's something else entirely.

This literally solves nothing. Sure, you can get something you want sooner. But it will still take years to get every single thing.

Edited by Percy
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, arii1986 said:

DE - you realise we have lives, families and commitments that we want to enjoy as well? I do love your game, but the daily login system makes me feel like a slave. A slave that MUST do his chore if I want my shiny login gun/mod. You want people to feel like the game is a chore? 

People get burnt out on games, even the ones they love. And they often return to those games. The daily tribute promotes burning a player out because it's a damn chore. Even if they want a break, they HAVE to login or risk losing a massive streak of logins.

DE: you want this shiny Sigma & Octantis don't you?

Near burnt out player: Yes but tired... family... tired of farming cetus bounties

DE: Tough 💩 login and do your CHORE

The daily tribute system is not very good. Locking weapons and mods behind this system is a terrible idea. Fair enough, reward regular logins and milestones. But why not in cosmetics, glyphs and items players can use to brag visually? Even the proposed Endo scaling is pointless - unless bumped up significantly. 1000 login days: 300 endo? Puh - leaseeeeee.

Its not a chore. Its called prioritizeing. You cant get everything everywhere rushed. If spending 1 minute a day to log in is a chore this game is not for you...  chore is a sorties for example on which you spend 30-40min and its a MAYBE .

• Applause 1

11 hours ago, arii1986 said:

Read what i said one more time and maybe you will get my point. It has nothing to do with boners or greed. Why I'm even explaining, I said everything clear...

3 hours ago, Bossy. said:

Read what i said one more time and maybe you will get my point. It has nothing to do with boners or greed. Why I'm even explaining, I said everything clear...

I'm being asked every day 10's of times what is that great awesome succulent weapon on your back!

This is you getting a boner over other players getting a boner over your gear - I did read what you said. You also called players casuals - nice bit of elitism. And that opening up the daily tribute will force some nerfs to your boner inducing weapon xD

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, arii1986 said:

I'm being asked every day 10's of times what is that great awesome succulent weapon on your back!

This is you getting a boner over other players getting a boner over your gear - I did read what you said. You also called players casuals - nice bit of elitism. And that opening up the daily tribute will force some nerfs to your boner inducing weapon xD

This is just shallow and ignorant coming from you, messing up the context and twisting words pointlessly. Understand what you want and as you want. I'm not going to continue this ineffectual conversation.

Login rewards do not reward basic stuff like starter weapons or mods (serration, redirection), they grant things that rewards the player for the extra effort without penalizing the players that do not login.

Primed shread or vigor isn't necessary, because the regular mod will do just fine, since the very start primed mods were for those seeking that extra kick, it is never meant for those still completing basic tasks in the game.

Sigils there are several and you can't use them all and the rewards like forma and resources are an extra, they are not meant to be replacements for gameplay.

If you want all the things some players have gathered, then login like they have, i understand that is not always possible, but you're not losing anything.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

Login rewards do not reward basic stuff like starter weapons or mods (serration, redirection), they grant things that rewards the player for the extra effort without penalizing the players that do not login.

Primed shread or vigor isn't necessary, because the regular mod will do just fine, since the very start primed mods were for those seeking that extra kick, it is never meant for those still completing basic tasks in the game.

Sigils there are several and you can't use them all and the rewards like forma and resources are an extra, they are not meant to be replacements for gameplay.

If you want all the things some players have gathered, then login like they have, i understand that is not always possible, but you're not losing anything.

It does penalise players that don't login though? Sure, logging in is "easy" you just have to be near your computer/system. But real life stuff does come up - sometimes things happen. Things that mean you can't get near a computer.

What this system does is punish a dedicated player for missing a day. There are example in this thread of players who have been playing for years and have only just achieved their first milestone.

Because of this, the rewards shouldn't be game content in terms of mods/weapons. It's just downright unfair. The system is 💩 dress it any way you want.

The daily tribute system GATES of content.

The login rewards should be orokin reactors, orokin catalysts, forma, rivens (god would be so pumped to get a shotgun riven), exclusive cosmetics, glyphs, maybe some platinum.