[DE]Rebecca

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop!

2 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Why did you do that to yourself? 

Because it's human nature. The systems in these games are designed to entice people to pour themselves into the game so that they don't fall behind others. I'm not sure why it surprises you that someone would push themselves to login every day for years when people do something much more time consuming like grinding content for hours a day with almost no breaks to keep up in many other titles. People want to stay relevant in games they play, they want to have the same experience as others if there's a clear path to obtaining the same items that they do, and it's hard for many to pull away once the temptation sets in. That's exactly the issue, though. The current login system feeds into people being hooked to the game and knowing that they're falling behind more each day that they don't login and can never, ever make up for it.

For me it just got tedious. I play when there's content I want to experience, when I decide to make a weapon that I haven't tried yet, or when the mood strikes. The revamp makes it clear that DE's concern is their metrics, not how active players are in game, with the community, etc. They want login numbers to stay high and to stay stable, not to make sure that those who put in the most to the game are rewarded for their effort. I get that they can't just come flat out and say that, but the revamp to the login system shows exactly that. New players will still see that their loyalty and ability to gain some of the best mods and weapons in game is tied to logging in every day for years if they want them all, and many will accept that.

• Upvote 2

Hi,

I am at 96 days. I would love to play, but I do not want to miss my 100 tribute weapon. Any news on when this is going to be released?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I am at 96 days. I would love to play, but I do not want to miss my 100 tribute weapon. Any news on when this is going to be released?

Thanks in advance!

6 minutes ago, True_Naeblis said:

Because it's human nature. The systems in these games are designed to entice people to pour themselves into the game so that they don't fall behind others. I'm not sure why it surprises you that someone would push themselves to login every day for years when people do something much more time consuming like grinding content for hours a day with almost no breaks to keep up in many other titles. People want to stay relevant in games they play, they want to have the same experience as others if there's a clear path to obtaining the same items that they do, and it's hard for many to pull away once the temptation sets in. That's exactly the issue, though. The current login system feeds into people being hooked to the game and knowing that they're falling behind more each day that they don't login and can never, ever make up for it.

For me it just got tedious. I play when there's content I want to experience, when I decide to make a weapon that I haven't tried yet, or when the mood strikes. The revamp makes it clear that DE's concern is their metrics, not how active players are in game, with the community, etc. They want login numbers to stay high and to stay stable, not to make sure that those who put in the most to the game are rewarded for their effort. I get that they can't just come flat out and say that, but the revamp to the login system shows exactly that. New players will still see that their loyalty and ability to gain some of the best mods and weapons in game is tied to logging in every day for years if they want them all, and many will accept that.

So, what you're really saying, is that you don't do that to yourself and instead only play if you want to? 

Maybe it's just me, but this is a game. If I don't enjoy it, then there's not much point, is there? It's like the people who were complaining about how they had to give up time with friends, family and even their dog to do a grind that they hated. I played the event, and had a good time. I didn't try to burn myself out trying to convince the RNG that I should get some specific drop this time. 

Why should I care about how far anyone else has gotten? The only things that matter is if I have gotten further since the last time I played, and if I'm having fun. Let the people at the front of the pack, be there, they earned it. I'll get to where they're at eventually. It's not hurting me in any way. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, DeliciousD81 said:

Hi,

Thanks in advance!

Just keep playing... you will still get your 100 day reward, it will just be using the current system instead of the proposed one so it will be the azima. 

It's time to put an end to the Milestones rewards, add a way for people who can't play every day to catch up and add a decent way to thank players for playing for so long.

Daily Login Milestones rewards nothing but a player's capacity to play a videogame every day, not for how long they've been supporting the game or anything of the sort.

You guys should also scale the common rewards from low level missions according to MR. It's mind boggling farming, say, Meso relics and receive as a reward 15 endo or a common mod, something that is a common drop from enemies, or a 2000 credits cache, which is a ridiculously low amount. At least this way people would have a better reason to do the alerts and to farm stuff that is gated behind "low level" content.

• Woah 1
  • Upvote 2

If this is implemented I think it should come with a one time choice where all current players are able to pick a single reward they are eligible for, Be it weapons, sigils and Forma, if they’ve logged enough days under the new system, they get to pick one when the change comes in

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

So, what you're really saying, is that you don't do that to yourself and instead only play if you want to? 

Maybe it's just me, but this is a game. If I don't enjoy it, then there's not much point, is there? It's like the people who were complaining about how they had to give up time with friends, family and even their dog to do a grind that they hated. I played the event, and had a good time. I didn't try to burn myself out trying to convince the RNG that I should get some specific drop this time. 

Why should I care about how far anyone else has gotten? The only things that matter is if I have gotten further since the last time I played, and if I'm having fun. Let the people at the front of the pack, be there, they earned it. I'll get to where they're at eventually. It's not hurting me in any way. 

Yes, I like you only play if I want to, and I like you can't be bothered to be attached to the game when I don't want to be. Many other simply can't walk away and DE knows that. There are studies galore on why that is and everyone from Columbia House Music to gaming publishers have and do continue to take advantage of that nature. People don't want to feel left behind, people don't want to feel like they're missing out. people don't want to feel like they aren't having the same experience as others.

Should people care that someone has some items that they don't? That's all relative. Primed Shred, Primed Vigor, Zenistar, Azima, and on and on do offer advantages and can only be had via login rewards. As I said elsewhere, it's silly as the day is long that they tie items that actually alter game play to login rewards. If you could only get BiS items in other games by logging in day after day players would riot. Here it's not as big of a deal because there's no content that you're actually locked out of by not having those items, but it is still a ridiculous system

Regardless, page after page shows that things as they are and the slight tweak coming don't fix the real issue: that DE wants your time every day of the week, every week of the year, every year the game is in existence if you want to get all the rewards. I choose not to dedicate myself to such an empty system, but many players have let themselves be drawn in and won't walk away easily. Again, it's a facet of behavioral science that for many the draw will keep them logging in and DE takes advantage of that to pad their login numbers, just as Guild Wars 2 does, just as many other titles do.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, True_Naeblis said:

Wrong,for me at least. I'm a completionist and it's hard for me to play a different game when I feel I haven't completed the current one I'm playing. It's very frustrating that my leveling up experience is severely halted because not that I don't play the game enough,but that I didn't start playing 3 years ago to get a weapon for some MR fodder.
It has nothing to do with other players having more fancy things than me. I want everything for me because I want to complete. Not compete.

I've maxed all factions including conclave for all available weapons,armor,and sigils. I've played the ever loving hell out of warframe. But none of that matters because no matter what I do i'll never have things like sigma and octanis unless I drop everything that i'm doing every.single.day. to login and get a mark to show that I..am loyal to the game enough for some more MR fodder? that doesn't even make sense.  My loyalty is shown through my hours played,factions completed,all frames and 99.99999% of weapons,fashionframe,and my giving actual money to DE to support the game financially.    But hey,I'm still not allowed to the MR fodder because i didnt play the game 3 years ago. That's just silly.

I understand why excal prime was only for those that invested in the game that everyone thought would fail. They deserve excal prime. The whole reason why any of us can play this game today is because they took a chance with warframe and I'm grateful.

Daily login weapons aren't the same thing though. I want to see weapons removed from the daily login because they're crucial to game progression due to them being MR fodder.  Replace them with primed mods or more vanity items for those that want prestige through true endgame,fashionframe.

Move weapons to a new factions or make them end tier rewards for current factions. I'm so tired of dropping everything every day for something I feel shouldn't be so massively gated off since they're required to actually level up and make progress and fill out the weapon collection grid.

New content brings in loads of new players and keeps oldies coming back which is cool. The login system should reward players with prestige like sigils,armor,and sydannas or even sehkaras. Locking MR progress behind a 2 year time gate is silly.

Edited by wizardeiges

26 minutes ago, wizardeiges said:

Wrong,for me at least

That is the key part of your argument, though it ties into what I already mentioned: feeling like you want everything available, like you don't want to miss out, etc. Same facet of the same diamond. You did hit on what others keep saying, that cosmetics and such are fine for login rewards, but that the weapons and mods shouldn't be tied to years of consistent logins. DE seems to be missing that in their quest to keep numbers stable. Blizzard accepts that their numbers will peak for a while during new content releases then stabilize somewhere lower after the fact. While DE might not have that same steady revenue design or steady subs during, $80+ for Prime Access packages--more than the cost of most box titles or anything comparable like character packs in other games--is a pretty good source of income I'd have to imagine. That said, maybe hooking players to steady logins to get all the gear that's fit for your kit makes for more dollars spent. I don't know how much there is to compare that to because so many metrics for gaming companies are kept under lock and  key. Regardless, my itch for being a completionist just isn't strong enough to deal with such a tiresome system.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb wizardeiges:

Locking MR progress behind a 2 year time gate is silly.

Sorry, but I find it silly to join a game several years too late and to expect to get all items. If you want to live out being a completionist you usually have to be at the start of the lifetime of a game.

Cosmetics alone won't motivate enough. They often can't be really dinstinguished and drown in the sheer mass of available items that often even look way better. 

As you sain you can get 99,99999  % of the game by simply buying or grinding it. Sigma & Octantis are special because you can't simply take a short cut.

And considering MR. The impact of MR is really, really low and those little amounts of MR in the login system in comparison to the sum of all available points is negligible.

Edited by Sahansral

1 hour ago, Sahansral said:

Sorry, but I find it silly to join a game several years too late and to expect to get all items. If you want to live out being a completionist you usually have to be at the start of the lifetime of a game.

Cosmetics alone won't motivate enough. They often can't be really dinstinguished and drown in the sheer mass of available items that often even look way better. 

As you sain you can get 99,99999  % of the game by simply buying or grinding it. Sigma & Octantis are special because you can't simply take a short cut.

And considering MR. The impact of MR is really, really low and those little amounts of MR in the login system in comparison to the sum of all available points is negligible.

We aren't talking about primed skana or excalibur prime. We are talking about MR fodder locked behind a time wall that takes over a year to gain access to.
Zenistar and the rest of the login weapons are nothing super special,there is no reason why weapons required for game progression should be behind a 2 year wait wall.

I have the zenistar myself and I hate that I had to wait a year to get it no matter how much I played the game.Dropping everything I was doing every single day for almost an entire year for some MR fodder. These weapons aren't event gear like ignis wraith or other weapons unique to time events that roll around through the year.  It doesn't matter how often you check the forums for updates or check the game for events or how long you play the game. All that matters is a 2 year commitment and that's frustrating when all I want to do is make progress.

A lot of people here seem to think the weapons should only be about prestige through a prestige system. Fine. Keep them requiring effort to get. Just make them obtainable through a sane method because 2 years for some Mr fodder is crazy. 
Weapons shouldn't be a badge when they're required to level up and progress through the game. Armor,skins,sydannas,sekharas? those are prestige items and badges of completion and symbols of being here for events so wear them well.   Another option would be to make the skins on them currently "prestige skins" like those in the conclave and give zenistar and the rest different skins when they are put through a new syndicate or something so those with them currently get something fancy. You win and those wanting to progress through the game win. Win win. 

"But these weapons only give so much MR!" yeah,so what? it's still MR locked behind a 2 year time wall regardless. That argument doesn't take anything away from the point that game progression is behind a 2 year wait wall. 

Edited by wizardeiges

You belittle the login rewards and yet you insist in making them easily available. (If they can get outside a login system, they are easy to get). And because you label them as MR fodder you expect everyone who aquired them to consider them as lowly as you do. 

You brush away that the amount of MR we are talking about is miniscule. You are willing to ignore founders gear, but login rewards are a problem? At least there‘s a guarantee that someday you will get them (if you are willing to spent the same effort like other players before you)

I find your arguments ambivalent and not very convincing. 

• Like 1

I am one of those ppl that are at 90+ days and would rather get Zenistar at 100 rather than wait for 300; DE can you give us some rough idea at least when this is likely to be because I've actually stopped playing now in case the update drops in the next week or so

I'm guessing this is the opposite of what you were after if similar players are doing this?

Cheers 🙂

1 minute ago, Sahansral said:

You belittle the login rewards and yet you insist in making them easily available. (If they can get outside a login system, they are easy to get). And because you label them as MR fodder you expect everyone who aquired them to consider them as lowly as you do. 

You brush away that the amount of MR we are talking about is miniscule. You are willing to ignore founders gear, but login rewards are a problem? At least there‘s a guarantee that someday you will get them (if you are willing to spent the same effort like other players before you)

I find your arguments ambivalent and not very convincing. 

Never said anything about "easily available". they can take 500 orokin cells and a million of each common resource and 100k polymer etc,  and 20x forma and 20 mil credits to make after maxing out all syndicates including conclave to get their blueprint and i'd still be happy with that. At least getting them would be dependent on how well I play the game and not just based on devoting every day for 2 years to get them.

You brush away that MR is still MR. Miniscule but yet again,it is still MR and MR is required if you want to make progress. 
None of us would be here playing warframe if founders never invested in the game seeing its potential. They deserve to be the only ones with excal prime. There is a huge difference between a founder and daily login weapons. 

vor 36 Minuten schrieb xooSnowballoox:

I am one of those ppl that are at 90+ days and would rather get Zenistar at 100 rather than wait for 300; DE can you give us some rough idea at least when this is likely to be because I've actually stopped playing now in case the update drops in the next week or so

I'm guessing this is the opposite of what you were after if similar players are doing this?

Cheers 🙂

That is exactly what I am thinking. I stopped because of Zenistar and I think it's stupid!

• Like 1

You can very easily hit mr 25 without that mastery gained from the login weapons and you cant hit 26 yet.  

Calling them fodder though really jist proves they arent necessities to your gameplay though and should be left the way they are.  Thanks from those of us who value them

• Satisfied 1

vor 19 Minuten schrieb wizardeiges:

Never said anything about "easily available". they can take 500 orokin cells and a million of each common resource and 100k polymer etc,  and 20x forma and 20 mil credits to make after maxing out all syndicates including conclave to get their blueprint and i'd still be happy with that. At least getting them would be dependent on how well I play the game and not just based on devoting every day for 2 years to get them.

You brush away that MR is still MR. Miniscule but yet again,it is still MR and MR is required if you want to make progress. 
None of us would be here playing warframe if founders never invested in the game seeing its potential. They deserve to be the only ones with excal prime. There is a huge difference between a founder and daily login weapons. 

Logging in 1000 days means to reserve a part of the day despite job demands, despite possible illnesses, despite possible computer problems, despite holidays and despite possible family obligations. For three years, every day.

So in comparison to that, I'm not impressed by any resource requirement at the least. None of the current available weapons is hard to get. If a weapon can be farmed/grinded it is easily available.

21 minutes ago, Sahansral said:

Logging in 1000 days means to reserve a part of the day despite job demands, despite possible illnesses, despite possible computer problems, despite holidays and despite possible family obligations. For three years, every day.

So in comparison to that, I'm not impressed by any resource requirement at the least. None of the current available weapons is hard to get. If a weapon can be farmed/grinded it is easily available.

Go hit max rank in conclave and tell me how easy it was.   Maxing all syndicates is very time consuming and if you want to even get to as many resources as I listed you'd need to have already played a mega ton of the game to get to that point.

How would you even define difficulty of obtaining something? by just spending time doing something that doesn't require effort in game or something that requires you to play the game,farm bosses,and get super lucky with rare drops like rare eidolon arcane drops that require you not only to have built up a good weapon selection and built a strong frame but to also learn mechanics and work together with others as a group. 

Nothing about the game makes it difficult to log in. There isn't some super complex mathamatical quiz you need to complete in order to login. All of that revolves around real life.   However it is difficult to stay interested in a game I have to log in frequently every day for 2 years straight to make a little more progress in my MR.

Edited by wizardeiges

vor 48 Minuten schrieb wizardeiges:

Go hit max rank in conclave and tell me how easy it was.   Maxing all syndicates is very time consuming and if you want to even get to as many resources as I listed you'd need to have already played a mega ton of the game to get to that point.

How would you even define difficulty of obtaining something? by just spending time doing something that doesn't require effort in game or something that requires you to play the game,farm bosses,and get super lucky with rare drops like rare eidolon arcane drops that require you not only to have built up a good weapon selection and built a strong frame but to also learn mechanics and work together with others as a group. 

Nothing about the game makes it difficult to log in. There isn't some super complex mathamatical quiz you need to complete in order to login. All of that revolves around real life.   However it is difficult to stay interested in a game I have to log in frequently every day for 2 years straight to make a little more progress in my MR.

At the least, difficult to obtain means "cannot be bought by money or traded".

Conclave? Been there, done that. I even do the weekly mission to make the Celestia syandana shiny.

Syndicates? Been there. All six (switched once).

Kuria lore? Done. 

99% of the obtainable weapons can be farmed by brute force within one day.

At the moment all login rewards are the only hard to obtain items. As you say, it is difficult to stay intrested in a game to log in frequently. Those rewards are for those people who stay intrested. These items are NOT for casuals. And you better bring some good arguments to convince these people if you devalue their effort.

Edited by Sahansral

About what we have now.

It's sad when you just out of habit (from other games experience) waiting something nice from login reward and receiving absolute zero with 90% chance. That is about regulars.
But even on personal anniversaries it looks mostly bad.

400 Days - Primed Vigor - really? Is it a punishment?
550 Days - Lotus Deliverance Sigil... - additional Orokin Reactor to 20+ unused for some dude with max rank? Credit Booster for his 10KK +++ credits? It could be a bit better with double resource, you know. And much better with formas pack instead reactor.
600 Days - Primed Shred - A bit softer punishment than on 400... but this... on 600.. Is it really softer?

650 Days - Spectral Tide Glyph... -Orokin Reactor...again?.. pretty nice if you still ~15 rank...maybe...
800 Days - Lodestar Syandana - Literally an empty reward but full of disappointment. Nuff said https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWdddlKG5LI
850 Days - One Veiled Rifle, Pistol and Melee Riven Mod each... - only one shotgun riven will be better than this three.
900 Days - Primed Sure Footed - punishment again
950 Days - Lustrous Major Glyph - Orokin Reactor...again? for those who still ~15 rank? Credit Booster for dude`s 20KK +++ credits?
1000 Days - Lodestar Armor set
Nuff said again, too bad. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgWBo7ui9tw

Additionally, I think all the tribute weapons must have max synergy. Required rank or any of that magick balance you do doesn't matter.
Also zenistar with disk not hitting through walls looks pathetic, but that is for another discussion.

Edited by revanatar
  • Upvote 1

Seems nice...

By the way, where did melee mods&other things Dev Workshop disappear? 
It has been said that it will appear...

The salt in this thread - there's enough to literally season all of the fast food fries in the world.

I thought this was a community?

Gating off content and letting the vets "lord" over the peasant "noobs" with in-game content doesn't create a nice community in my modest opinion.

Vets complain about new players having all the cool gadgets - where would the game be if those newbies didn't sign up? Sure, you helped establish the foundation - but you can't help it grow alone. 

Take the mods and weapons out of the tribute system. Give them to Baro (lord knows he needs some new wares). Put in kickass cosmetics, syandanas, exclusive weapon/warframe skins.

I'll say it again, remove the Weapons and Mods from Login and put them on elite Alerts or something where you have to earn them by playing.

Logging in is not earning, Google could teach you to make a program that logs in for you...

Edited by Cephalon_Umbra
  • Upvote 4