[DE]Rebecca

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop!

At the very least combine weapons, cosmetics, and prime mods all in the same milestones.  I don't want any of these stupid primed mods, but I still have to wait 6.5 months for a weapon, and 6.5 months for the next weapon after that.  What a complete slog...

People don't hate the Daily Tribute because they don't have choice.  People hate the Daily Tribute because new players need to play like three years straight in order to receive all the rewards.  On top of that, it's a never-ending, constantly moving finish line.  That is just plain stupid, especially since some of those rewards contribute to your MR experience.  The DE Workshop plans do NOT alleviate that one simple fact.  

To new players, this feature does NOT look like a "reward for dedication".  To us, it looks more like an "unattainable discouraging mountain that we will forever be far far behind and not worth even monitoring".  This is a punishment to those people who weren't lucky enough to discover Warframe early in its life.  A new player looks at the reward tables and says "Whelp. I will never get all the weapons so I might as well forget this feature even exists."  These daily rewards did not give me incentive enough to avoid playing Monster Hunter World for the last three months (and that is not a bad thing).  The interim rewards are trash and the milestones are spread WAY too far apart. 

Hell, even some of the milestone rewards are trash.  I mean, Primed Surefooted?  What in the...It's like the Devs forgot Handspring was in the game.

I've put over 600 hours into this game and quite a bit of Platinum purchased, but apparently my "dedication" is not good enough.  I guess the person who has put 300 hours into Warframe, zero money, but stuck around for 3 years barely playing is more "dedicated" than me.  Makes no f*cking sense.  

Edited by AlMcFly
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, AlMcFly said:

Hell, even some of the milestone rewards are trash.  I mean, Primed Surefooted?  What in the...It's like the Devs forgot Handspring was in the game.

I thought the same thing in the past...

• Haha 1

On 2018-09-14 at 6:54 PM, oodalumps said:

What are you going to lose?

all those days we had to log in to get stuff when new players are just gonna be able to get it in a couple hundred

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Lone_Traveler said:

all those days we had to log in to get stuff when new players are just gonna be able to get it in a couple hundred

They will still need to log in the same number of days to get it all. If you were given the same options when you started, you wouldn't have more than you have now.

Maybe it qould be too much but i still suggest to make it such that at the implementation the next milestones in each reward group would be available instantly.

That way some ppl would get things faster but most ppl will hurt less. For example getting some forma and exilus 100 days before is much less problem than getting zenistar 100 days later.

There seriously should be some catch-up system since in the current form and even in the proposed form this login reward system is not rewarding. It just bares all new players from things they need. As for example you can't really build anything with normal Vigor mod since it's just can't stand a chance in comparison with either health or shields mods. Primed Vigor, though, is actually useful and can replace health-only mod in many builds (except for umbral builds). Shred is useful on it's own, but not good enough to actually use it pretty much anywhere while Primed Shred can stand a chance against other mods. And Fury... I can't say it's useless, but most of the time you either use Berserker on a weapons capable to crit or no speed mods at all since extra 30% speed could be only useful on a slow stat-only weapon. And you have to hate yourself to use something like that. Primed Fury, though, is way more noticeable. Basically, Primed Vigor is the actually useful balanced option for one survival mod builds and the other two are just good enough to be actually useful unlike their normal counterparts. It's almost like normal versions should be as powerful as primed right now and primed 2x on top of what they are now to make them worth that "primed" in the name.

And to get these 3 actually useful primed mods any new player have to wait 600 days. Sure, now they'll be able to get Primed Vigor or Primed Shred first since Primed Fury isn't really that great, but that is still almost 2 years to get all of them. And I pity someone who'll accidentally pick Primed Surefooted instead of either of these 3 or whatever else will end up in the pool with them (Lodestar Armor and Syandana?).

And if you want to get your hands on all weapons in the game that's another 100 days on top. At least the only one worth getting will be available after the first 100 days instead of 300.

The easiest way to implement this would be to pile ALL current rewards into a single menu and pop it up every 50 days and let player pick 2 items at a time until s/he pick 2/3 of a reward table, then limit it to 1. This way there still will be a gap between new players and veterans, but new players will be able to quickly get all the essential stuff for their builds instead of waiting for almost 2 whole years. This will also solve situation if DE decide to release yet another actually good primed mod through daily reward system since with this everyone will be able to get it in a reasonable amount of time instead of increasing "must suffer" period (which proposed system carefully preserves) over entire 2 whole years.

Another way to solve this would be tokens. Give us a token per day and let use buy the same rewards from some in-game shop with something like 10 tokens for sigil+items packs or similar stuff like 3 rivens and slots for them, 50 tokens per primed mod or weapon and 75 or 100 tokens for accessories. This way players will be able to pick up all the free items and boosters within first 100 days when they actually matter or store tokens and buy essential mods and Zenistar within first 200 days. Even combined that will be under 1 year. Or even let buy sigil+ packs again and again (just without a sigil after the first time).

Edited by lainverse
typos
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, lainverse said:

-insert long quote here-

This is where youre wrong,  there doeant need to be a catch up system because none of the things are "necessary" for new players to have. For starters new players,  even up to and past mr 13 still have so many things they still need to level that without buying them off other players will take a whole lot of time.  They also dont have the endo to max out useless primed mods like primed shred and primed vigor so its highly unlikely theyll choose to max out any of the primed login mods over primed point blank,  pistol gambit,  target cracker,  cryorounds,  fever strike,  or any or the other r10 essentials like vigor or blind rage etc.  They dont need them.  

But okay let us say mr newbie is mr 25 with min/maxxed everything except for those specific primed mods.  Primed fury is literally the only one used on mass numbers of weapons unless you gimp your multishot in favor of shred.  Primed vigor is worthless,  its not worth equipping on anything except maaaaybe rhino since most times the benefit is just not worth the extra slot and its worse than just having a normal vitality equipped if youre swapping that out.  

The mr gain for 4 weapons is negligible too.  You can hit mr 25 without needing them,  and you currently dont even need mr higher than 16. And while the weapons have interesting mechanics none are necessary or game breaking,  especially after the zenistar nerf.  

Theyll get them eventually like everyone else who actually did the requirement.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

This is where youre wrong, 

Calling someone's statement of opinion "wrong".  This is where I stopped reading your post.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AlMcFly said:

Calling someone's statement of opinion "wrong".  This is where I stopped reading your post.  

Good idea since youre one of the new players it was talking about. 

From Devstream #117 (Credit to Kliuqard on Reddit):

Login rewards update will come with the mainline update scheduled to come between now and Fortuna.

Login rewards include a personal greeting from characters like Ordis and the like!

Lodestar Syandana will always be at 800, and Lodestar Armor Set will always be at 1000; these will have to be milestones you have to reach naturally, as they are cosmetics to show off your progress. 

Login rewards also scale with your amount of logins! E.g. Oxium or Kuva given by login rewards will increase with logins.

After 1000 days, login rewards will no longer be updated with new unique rewards- instead, veterans will get to choose from other options like 50k Kuva. 

While I am not happy I still need to play for 1000 days to get the Lodestar cosmetic stuff, I am incredibly happy that DE has finally realized unique rewards from Login must DIE.  I think that I can be content with this fix.  

Edited by AlMcFly
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, AlMcFly said:

other options like 50k Kuva. 

Sweet mama jama, that's-a nice drop.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

can you stop brainstorming ways of making it worse and just implement it already? I'd like to be allowed to log in again

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

What DE announced at the Devstream isn't a solution, but it sure is a step in the right direction.

I still think having to log in for 2 years to get mods and weapons is ridiculous, mainly the weapons because of the mastery points and unique mechanics/gimmicks. I've been playing for over a year now, and there's nothing left for me to do besides log in once a day before I play anything else on my PS4. And unlike many other games, I don't need to play 3 missions or remain logged in for 30 mins. I literally open the game, pick the daily tribute, and close the game.

50k kuva after 1000 days sounds pretty meh. After 350 days, I've already rolled more than 90 rivens into decent/good rolls for personal use and a few for sale purposes. Can't even imagine anything to do with kuva after 1000 days. You can farm 50k kuva in mere 3 hours with a booster. But I think this is more of a "I've got nothing else to do with that system" issue than a "This isn't enough" issue. Which really boills down to: What do veterans need?

Well, at least it won't grow anymore. Initially I though this thing will keep on going and then some kind of catch-up is required, but if it's 1000 and that's it then it's... bearable. Not good, but bearable. Still takes a lot of time to get 3 relevant primed mods out of it, but at lest it will be possible to pick one you want to get first and Zenistar will be possible to pick at first 100 days. Hope they will land it soon like soon soon and not like Valve Soon™.

all im hearing is "i cant have all the event vs of items becuase the trader isnt here, and i cant be bothered to wait, please just add them to my account" "i cant be assed ot login to play the game, please give me rewards" "i cant be assed to wait for timers, please lower them" "i cant be assed to go to the plains, please give me all the rewards"

frigin go back to cod u scrubs

destiny lets u do all of those things u want, andf because of that only has a single month worth of content...

Edited by (PS4)Spider_Enigma

52 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

all im hearing is "i cant have all the event vs of items becuase the trader isnt here, and i cant be bothered to wait, please just add them to my account" "i cant be assed ot login to play the game, please give me rewards" "i cant be assed to wait for timers, please lower them" "i cant be assed to go to the plains, please give me all the rewards"

frigin go back to cod u scrubs

destiny lets u do all of those things u want, andf because of that only has a single month worth of content...

tfw putting in a password passes for content

• Applause 1

The biggest question of them all...

• Will i still be able to get Primed Sure Footed at 900 days?

i'm at day 842 and the daily tribute will be released in the next mainline?

and the changes will make it so that Primed mods will be on the even x00 days and weapons at odd x00 days

2 hours ago, Cubewano said:

tfw putting in a password passes for content

i never said it did, but people r still pissed that they have to evne login to get there stuff... witch all i here is gimy gimy and no work put in, seeing mastery rank 20s with no mods getting 1 shot in normal missions and rage quitting cause they want to rush everything 

36 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

i never said it did, but people r still pissed that they have to evne login to get there stuff... witch all i here is gimy gimy and no work put in, seeing mastery rank 20s with no mods getting 1 shot in normal missions and rage quitting cause they want to rush everything 

i mean apparently destiny not having it equates to less content so i just connected the dots. and what do you think takes more work, actively playing the game for hours to grind something, logging in for half a minute a day? this login system isn't about work, it's about who came first and false validation for the insecure. 

9 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

i mean apparently destiny not having it equates to less content so i just connected the dots. and what do you think takes more work, actively playing the game for hours to grind something, logging in for half a minute a day? this login system isn't about work, it's about who came first and false validation for the insecure. 

so that whats ur prosal? jsut give eveyr single player in the game an alert thats lasts for 365 days thats level 1-1 so they can get them without work as well?

tell me what u think should be done insted of demanding for having the items NOW

I think most people are not asking to have them now, but in a REASONABLE amount of time.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

so that whats ur prosal? jsut give eveyr single player in the game an alert thats lasts for 365 days thats level 1-1 so they can get them without work as well?

tell me what u think should be done insted of demanding for having the items NOW

yes let's do that entirely, just like every other piece of gear in the game it should be locked behind a level 1 alert that is always active. 

can i assume you've never actually played warframe before? 

2 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

yes let's do that entirely, just like every other piece of gear in the game it should be locked behind a level 1 alert that is always active. 

can i assume you've never actually played warframe before? 

i have every item in the game, im mastery 24 with over 3k hours.... if i cna do it then so cant eveyrone els

there r 4 login weapons, and over 350 other wepaons in game! players cna just go use those other 350 items if they r new

and alot of those other weapons are way more powerfull as well 

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

i have every item in the game, im mastery 24 with over 3k hours.... if i cna do it then so cant eveyrone els

there r 4 login weapons, and over 350 other wepaons in game! players cna just go use those other 350 items if they r new

and alot of those other weapons are way more powerfull as well 

Have to agree here,  as well as the fact that you can easily hit mr 25 without the mastery from those 4 login weapons.

The mods give negligible benefits,  and of them only primed fury is really widely used in builds which is convenient cus its the first one you get.  

Theres no reason the login system should be changed unless it was to make it better for everyone,  not just people who havent put the required work in yet.  

-.- not a fan of the "evergreen" reward system either but thats a whole extra issue