Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

21 minutes ago, LegendaryNeurotoxin said:

I think you missed something. I also played since the 80s. Are you a career game developer? TBH that actually doesn't matter, the origin of someone's opinion doesn't really matter here, only the content does!

Oh well if it doesn't matter... something...? And yes I agree with you, the content of our opinions matter. 👍

21 minutes ago, LegendaryNeurotoxin said:

What you do with your time when you play is up to you. If you spend 1000 hours playing dress-up across 6 months, that won't and shouldn't earn you the resources and rank to expand your arsenal. I spend my time getting gear and resources so I can try everything - and yes, raise MR in the process, but I don't -plan- on hitting 25. 

I never said that it should. I'm MR16 right now, but I have a bunch of stuff that I haven't levelled yet (waiting on slots). And yes I mostly try to do the same. I have also been working on a (mostly) solo clan dojo, and the research and colours, and simaris and the other syndicates. I've done all of that for most of my 645 hours and I recently got the Primed fury. So, check my maths on this but in the last 7 months I've put in about half the number of login days that you have in the last 2.5 years? At this rate I might pass your number of logged in days in the 6 months we spoke about. Is that an unfair mechanic? I don't see how? We both have adult lives, and have to carve our precious entertainment time at the expense of other stuff, so that's not it. Someone mentioned a buddy that was homeless for a while and they still managed to log in for an instant most days. So that's probably not it either. 

But life will probably interrupt me. I might not make it to the 250 day mark before I find that I can't afford any more time to this game for years. Would it be right for me to demand that I be given stuff right now based on time already played? 

Even at MR16 4 weapons is a near inconsequential amount of MR points. (I've got about a fifth of the bar left and 20k points needed to fill it.) in the time it takes to get to the 800 mark (or whatever) I would probably have seen a bunch of frames added and gotten that much more xp than what those weapons will give. So again that's not really something that I would be worried about. Heck Baro is probably going to be a bigger pain than anything else. 

27 minutes ago, LegendaryNeurotoxin said:

Kinda feel like you made a straw man argument that I begrudge that people have what I don't - I begrudge the system by which certain items are distributed, it literally wouldn't matter to me if I'm the most logged-in person ever at my current 349 days and nobody else has it. Though if THAT were the case I'd probably grumble about how assets for things we can't access are basically wasted art team cycles. 😛

Uh... When you said it wouldn't matter to you... That's actually a little ambiguous, sorry but, could you please clarify. Is it that you're saying that as long as you're the one who has more rewards than others, you wouldn't be upset about it, but since someone else has what you haven't yet gotten, well there's an issue? Or that you would have an issue because you would still think that it's impossible to catch up even though there's nobody ahead of you? Or both or neither? 

34 minutes ago, LegendaryNeurotoxin said:

Yes, people who achieve full login daily status by filling in with rewards would be able to earn login insurance. If DE is worried about veterans taking a break on built-up time, they could put a cap on it or make it expendable, like adding a way to spend a day of insurance to reset daily focus earning capacity before the next daily rest, or even trading extra days for plat. But earning days is just a bandaid, it isn't a true fix to the system.

Uh, but how is that beneficial to DE in any way compared to the current system? 

En 21/8/2018 a las 11:58, [DE]Rebecca dijo:

EDIT - 2:31 PM EST
After reading your feedback, we are switching the tracks for Primed Mods and Weapons/Equipment to respect current milestones. The main post has been edited to reflect this change, here's the list of updated tracks for posterity:

1. Sigils and Resources. Days 50, 150, 250, etc.

2. Weapons and Equipment. Days 100, 300, 500, etc. 

3. Primed Mods. Days 200, 400, 600, etc.

Well, seems like i'll have to wait the same amount of days to get the Zenith. i'm currently on day 377.

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Oh well if it doesn't matter... something...? And yes I agree with you, the content of our opinions matter. 👍

I never said that it should. I'm MR16 right now, but I have a bunch of stuff that I haven't levelled yet (waiting on slots). And yes I mostly try to do the same. I have also been working on a (mostly) solo clan dojo, and the research and colours, and simaris and the other syndicates. I've done all of that for most of my 645 hours and I recently got the Primed fury. So, check my maths on this but in the last 7 months I've put in about half the number of login days that you have in the last 2.5 years? At this rate I might pass your number of logged in days in the 6 months we spoke about. Is that an unfair mechanic? I don't see how? We both have adult lives, and have to carve our precious entertainment time at the expense of other stuff, so that's not it. Someone mentioned a buddy that was homeless for a while and they still managed to log in for an instant most days. So that's probably not it either. 

But life will probably interrupt me. I might not make it to the 250 day mark before I find that I can't afford any more time to this game for years. Would it be right for me to demand that I be given stuff right now based on time already played? 

Even at MR16 4 weapons is a near inconsequential amount of MR points. (I've got about a fifth of the bar left and 20k points needed to fill it.) in the time it takes to get to the 800 mark (or whatever) I would probably have seen a bunch of frames added and gotten that much more xp than what those weapons will give. So again that's not really something that I would be worried about. Heck Baro is probably going to be a bigger pain than anything else. 

Uh... When you said it wouldn't matter to you... That's actually a little ambiguous, sorry but, could you please clarify. Is it that you're saying that as long as you're the one who has more rewards than others, you wouldn't be upset about it, but since someone else has what you haven't yet gotten, well there's an issue? Or that you would have an issue because you would still think that it's impossible to catch up even though there's nobody ahead of you? Or both or neither? 

Uh, but how is that beneficial to DE in any way compared to the current system? 

I don't want to correlate login days or hours played to access to a few specific weapons and items at all. I won't make a value judgment on the fairness of that scenario. I don't think you should have to demand anything based on any about of time played. But that is because I play this game for builds and statsturbation, so access to every piece of equipment is something I see as a priority for all players. And again, the MR is mostly irrelevant, its access to the items for builds and to try them. 

When I say it wouldn't matter, what I mean is that I don't care if I was the furthest person ahead in a system I don't like, I'd still campaign for the system to be changed. 

Don't get too bogged down in that example solution I gave. I could give tons of different examples of systems for how DE could change the login reward system and why they'd work, but I won't. That's my day job, and these forums aren't paying me a salary. 😉

I think our arguments boil down to me saying access to items that make builds shouldn't be gated by login rewards, and you are saying its fine that a very select set of items that make new builds possible are fine to be gated by login rewards. We don't need to say much more. I think we've stated our points clearly enough. I appreciate that you are defending the system, but I will argue that the system is bogus for players who have my goals in mind for the game, and that it creates the inverse effect of making players feel rewarded when things are limited by the login system.

On 2018-08-21 at 5:15 PM, (PS4)sarahsaurusx2014 said:

Scaling is always nice! THANK YOU FOR NOT MAKING THEM TRADEABLE!!! Alt farming rewards would be a huge problem and all your statistics would be even more skewed. If your going to make the insulting decision to allow players to choose rewards, mastery lock the weapons!!

Or please better yet, don't allow it... It takes away the strive to aim for something and the sense of accomplishment...

And this is coming from someone who trashed azima before the magazine ejection function was fixed.

Accomplishment? They're literally participation trophies. You get them for showing up. 

Been reading up on the thread, and wanted to throw another idea in:

What if the primed mods were replaced with new peculiar mods
What if the weapons were replaced with really fancy skins for those same weapons

Both the primed mods and weapons would have more more obtainable homes
I do fully believe that all gameplay affecting items shouldn't be timegated, especially not by years.

Feedback?

8 hours ago, Chronozilla said:

What if the weapons were replaced with really fancy skins for those same weapons

I do fully believe that all gameplay affecting items shouldn't be timegated, especially not by years.

Feedback?

No thanks... peculiar mods are a complete waste of time for most people (haven't actually seen one being used after the novelty wore off), it's bad enough they're in the drop table on eso when we only want the vandals from there in most cases.

And personally I don't geel a skin is fair compensation for the time we've spent, and we've had no other option but to spend the time, getting to the items, nobody can argue that sigma and octantis owners have spent 700 days logging in to get it for example, so replacing it with a skin and making the weapon available some considerably less time intensive way would be rather insulting to me personally. 

Note, as I've said earlier in the thread, I am very much of the view that there doesn't need to be a change to make things easier, not everything needs to be made easier to get just to make those who want things instantly happy, nothing in the rewards table changes the game so dramatically that you MUST have it to play the game, yes the mods are better than the non primed versions but they're not that special and it's not like you don't have another 300 or so weapons to play with if you don't have the weapons, ironically the one most want is fairly early in the drop tables too.... 

I also don't believe things should be made easier because it would be unfair on those that did spend the time getting the items, with no 'easy option' even being considered until now those that have the items had no choice but to spend that amount of time getting the item. 

On 2018-09-13 at 8:52 PM, Chronozilla said:

Feedback?

Ive suggested this same thing earlier in the thread,  i think itd be a great idea and im all for peculiar mods. I use them all the time. If we got exclusive log in peculiars chances are based on out log in days chances are many people wouldnt see them often so theyd feel special,  and they dont change anything in the way of gameplay other than make it fun to do their requirements to get the effect.  It would also mean just making one new mod every 100 days which would probably be easier than making a whole weapon or whatever that requires balancing id think

This pretty much changes nothing.  I still have to log in daily for three years to collect all rewards, especially since you took trading off the table (I'm sure it's because you became scared of whiny veterans who want to horde a digital item in order to make themselves feel more special than their neighbor).  I had high hopes when you originally announced this but you have not really created much new incentive for me to care any more about this horribly flawed system than I currently do.  Nobody cares about materials and Endo.  If you've played any length of time, you already have a surplus of that crap.  Yes, it's crap.  I've also already completely ignored three -%50 Plat coupons because I already have everything I want from the shop.  

I just spent the last two months logging in for two minutes a day only to get rewards while I played Monster Hunter World, and honestly I missed a few days because I didn't care at all.  But you know, I guess that qualifies as "loyalty".  Heh The length of time involved in this is more discouraging than it is encouraging. 

P.S. You still haven't added a toggle for Umbra's scarf, and that has soured me on my favorite character.  It's like needles to my eyes.  

honestly, vets loose nothing. you waited 1000 days, and got some shiny weapon that some new player will now get at day 300, or 500.. big friggin deal. sounds more like someone is butt hurt over an imaginary thing called pride. change the tribute system already, its literally the equivalent of ripping the band-aid off. dont leave players sitting here worrying over what the pain will be like. 

i dont agree weapons and mods should be time-gated but the system they are poised to replace the current one with works better then the old one did and thats good enough for me. anything else is just arguing semantics.

Since DE is reworking the daily tribute for newer player to get their daily login weapon faster, will DE add an option to let us newer/older player the ability to buy back daily tribute item? Some of the beginner/veteran player maybe accidentally deleted them for another weapon slot. Will DE set up a daily login shop for us to purchase back the weapon/mods/item? 

My idea is having a shop in relay that only open for you and add those reward into the shop for available to purchase thru credit, syndicate point or something else. I accidentally deleted my azima when i was new player and now i regret and wanted it back.

Why not use the Month system ?? Log in every day for a week will give you a prize, potato, Ayatan, Riven or other item in that same group, would be random, but above the MR10 the player can choose the prize of the first week,

Logging in for the entire month without missing a day, you win a coin, which can be exchanged for mods, visual items, weapons and everything the current system has, and more, exclusive items from that "Login Store"

Players who have accumulated many days can complain about this system, but they will be able to accumulate many more coins than new players who have a lot more things to buy, not to mention that we would have exclusive packages from the "Login Store"

These packs would be thematic skins of warframes and weapons that would come in events, "Halloween, Christmas, etc etc" in case it would be the secondary way to get these items without being playing possible events,

That is, players with more days would spend less coins, and would have the ability to get these event packages without much effort,

but the days system would still work, ie, it takes 5 days to get a gun or mod that you have not picked up and 7 days to get a coin, you would receive the item in the 5 days and could spend the money with something else after 7 days

But this store should receive items regularly, to avoid players getting everything and accumulating currency for lack of something to buy, obviously it is preferable that it be visual items, but can be weapons for a limited time

At the very least combine weapons, cosmetics, and prime mods all in the same milestones.  I don't want any of these stupid primed mods, but I still have to wait 6.5 months for a weapon, and 6.5 months for the next weapon after that.  What a complete slog...

People don't hate the Daily Tribute because they don't have choice.  People hate the Daily Tribute because new players need to play like three years straight in order to receive all the rewards.  On top of that, it's a never-ending, constantly moving finish line.  That is just plain stupid, especially since some of those rewards contribute to your MR experience.  The DE Workshop plans do NOT alleviate that one simple fact.  

To new players, this feature does NOT look like a "reward for dedication".  To us, it looks more like an "unattainable discouraging mountain that we will forever be far far behind and not worth even monitoring".  This is a punishment to those people who weren't lucky enough to discover Warframe early in its life.  A new player looks at the reward tables and says "Whelp. I will never get all the weapons so I might as well forget this feature even exists."  These daily rewards did not give me incentive enough to avoid playing Monster Hunter World for the last three months (and that is not a bad thing).  The interim rewards are trash and the milestones are spread WAY too far apart. 

Hell, even some of the milestone rewards are trash.  I mean, Primed Surefooted?  What in the...It's like the Devs forgot Handspring was in the game.

I've put over 600 hours into this game and quite a bit of Platinum purchased, but apparently my "dedication" is not good enough.  I guess the person who has put 300 hours into Warframe, zero money, but stuck around for 3 years barely playing is more "dedicated" than me.  Makes no f*cking sense.  

27 minutes ago, Lone_Traveler said:

all those days we had to log in to get stuff when new players are just gonna be able to get it in a couple hundred

They will still need to log in the same number of days to get it all. If you were given the same options when you started, you wouldn't have more than you have now.

Maybe it qould be too much but i still suggest to make it such that at the implementation the next milestones in each reward group would be available instantly.

That way some ppl would get things faster but most ppl will hurt less. For example getting some forma and exilus 100 days before is much less problem than getting zenistar 100 days later.

There seriously should be some catch-up system since in the current form and even in the proposed form this login reward system is not rewarding. It just bares all new players from things they need. As for example you can't really build anything with normal Vigor mod since it's just can't stand a chance in comparison with either health or shields mods. Primed Vigor, though, is actually useful and can replace health-only mod in many builds (except for umbral builds). Shred is useful on it's own, but not good enough to actually use it pretty much anywhere while Primed Shred can stand a chance against other mods. And Fury... I can't say it's useless, but most of the time you either use Berserker on a weapons capable to crit or no speed mods at all since extra 30% speed could be only useful on a slow stat-only weapon. And you have to hate yourself to use something like that. Primed Fury, though, is way more noticeable. Basically, Primed Vigor is the actually useful balanced option for one survival mod builds and the other two are just good enough to be actually useful unlike their normal counterparts. It's almost like normal versions should be as powerful as primed right now and primed 2x on top of what they are now to make them worth that "primed" in the name.

And to get these 3 actually useful primed mods any new player have to wait 600 days. Sure, now they'll be able to get Primed Vigor or Primed Shred first since Primed Fury isn't really that great, but that is still almost 2 years to get all of them. And I pity someone who'll accidentally pick Primed Surefooted instead of either of these 3 or whatever else will end up in the pool with them (Lodestar Armor and Syandana?).

And if you want to get your hands on all weapons in the game that's another 100 days on top. At least the only one worth getting will be available after the first 100 days instead of 300.

The easiest way to implement this would be to pile ALL current rewards into a single menu and pop it up every 50 days and let player pick 2 items at a time until s/he pick 2/3 of a reward table, then limit it to 1. This way there still will be a gap between new players and veterans, but new players will be able to quickly get all the essential stuff for their builds instead of waiting for almost 2 whole years. This will also solve situation if DE decide to release yet another actually good primed mod through daily reward system since with this everyone will be able to get it in a reasonable amount of time instead of increasing "must suffer" period (which proposed system carefully preserves) over entire 2 whole years.

Another way to solve this would be tokens. Give us a token per day and let use buy the same rewards from some in-game shop with something like 10 tokens for sigil+items packs or similar stuff like 3 rivens and slots for them, 50 tokens per primed mod or weapon and 75 or 100 tokens for accessories. This way players will be able to pick up all the free items and boosters within first 100 days when they actually matter or store tokens and buy essential mods and Zenistar within first 200 days. Even combined that will be under 1 year. Or even let buy sigil+ packs again and again (just without a sigil after the first time).

15 hours ago, lainverse said:

-insert long quote here-

This is where youre wrong,  there doeant need to be a catch up system because none of the things are "necessary" for new players to have. For starters new players,  even up to and past mr 13 still have so many things they still need to level that without buying them off other players will take a whole lot of time.  They also dont have the endo to max out useless primed mods like primed shred and primed vigor so its highly unlikely theyll choose to max out any of the primed login mods over primed point blank,  pistol gambit,  target cracker,  cryorounds,  fever strike,  or any or the other r10 essentials like vigor or blind rage etc.  They dont need them.  

But okay let us say mr newbie is mr 25 with min/maxxed everything except for those specific primed mods.  Primed fury is literally the only one used on mass numbers of weapons unless you gimp your multishot in favor of shred.  Primed vigor is worthless,  its not worth equipping on anything except maaaaybe rhino since most times the benefit is just not worth the extra slot and its worse than just having a normal vitality equipped if youre swapping that out.  

The mr gain for 4 weapons is negligible too.  You can hit mr 25 without needing them,  and you currently dont even need mr higher than 16. And while the weapons have interesting mechanics none are necessary or game breaking,  especially after the zenistar nerf.  

Theyll get them eventually like everyone else who actually did the requirement.  

Archived