Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant's 4 energy cost was increased.

Caliboom

1 minute ago, Ze4lex said:

It was los limited and worked as a cone aoe so being still wasnt good unless all the enemies were ifront of you you need to keep moving.

Problem was that people found spots in things like endless where you didn't need to move. I.e. spots like right on top of the pod.

That's my reasoning for locking the effective range, make it so the beam doesn't glance out of normal range like it currently does, but give some defense to encourage getting right in the fight.

31 minutes ago, Noibat said:

Don't  forget Titania!  That's  ALL she has going for her. 

The difference is that Rev's skills all synergize well,  provide a real purpose,  and can be used at all stages of play. 

The fact that people CHOOSE to just Mesmer Dance is because those skills are ridiculously powerful, not because the others are useless.  You can utilize all of his skills and see results,  or you can just press 4 and dance baby,  dance.  Most people that started using him chose the latter.  So much so, that DE had to nerf it.  While also buffing his first skill to a point that actually makes it really good for it's purpose.  

Entrall only really has meaningfull synergy with reave and its only usefull there because it scales decently only on entralled targets.

Stunned enemies being entrall-able for free is decent but the original entralled enemy will do this for you. They will also get wiped anyways so it doesnt mater.

Killing thralls with his 4 would be decent if it gave mesmer skin charges instead of overshield since shields in general are bad.

Mesmer skin has anti synergy with the 4rth ability because stunned enemies arent attacking you therefor you arent gaining the extra dmg.

Synergy exists between some of his abilities but its not a usefull one.

1 hour ago, Noibat said:

That's  just the way it goes sometimes.  Not all frames can be 100% centered around teamplay. If you notice,  not one single skill in his kit supports his team.  He only supports the team by way of killing, and occasional aggro draw.  He's  almost purpose built for solo play.  Self healing,  invulnerability,  scaling damage, all of it is selfish and glorious.  In team play you don't  really need the thralls anyhow.  I personally like that he isn't  the same cookie cutter DPS type.  

Allies can pick up overshields by pylons left from dead thralls. Then again we can disregard that simce its shields.

For all you whiny, bad Revenant players, this change didn't impact him almost at all and he is still able to spam his lasers for about a whole minute. I never enjoyed sitting in that ability anyway and saw it as an aoe burst to be used when needed, and I'm glad that DE is making this ability to be more like it. Go play mesa if you want to feel like a 'pro' dps without having to do anything but holding a button.

9 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Problem was that people found spots in things like endless where you didn't need to move. I.e. spots like right on top of the pod.

That's my reasoning for locking the effective range, make it so the beam doesn't glance out of normal range like it currently does, but give some defense to encourage getting right in the fight.

Its range is fine because of the skill's limitations it shouldnt be nerfed or buffed.

3 minutes ago, Chronometria said:

Reminds me of what happened to Gara, where her barrier became completely useless and had to be rebuffed and redesigned later. I imagine we will see a future rebalance for revenant, but its a shame it has to be overnerfed first.

But Revenant needs a lot more than a buff to this 4. There’s really no reason to use him over another frame.

il y a 1 minute, VPrime96 a dit :

But Revenant needs a lot more than a buff to this 4. There’s really no reason to use him over another frame.

Again with this excuse.. Every frame doesn't need to be the best frame ever in what it can do. Every new frame doesn't need to be the new meta most powerfull frame.

Otherwise, just gain some time and create the ultimate frame wich can wipe the entire map on the press of a button, can be invincible, can spawn every rare ressource instantly and can teleport straight to the extraction, all of this without needing energy and given out for free. 

Revenant is unique, every frame is unique, they don't need to be the best at what they can do, they need to be pleasing to be played. You may not like how revenant is supposed to be played, but that doesn't make him a bas frame.

1 minute ago, Marekthejester said:

Again with this excuse.. Every frame doesn't need to be the best frame ever in what it can do. Every new frame doesn't need to be the new meta most powerfull frame.

Otherwise, just gain some time and create the ultimate frame wich can wipe the entire map on the press of a button, can be invincible, can spawn every rare ressource instantly and can teleport straight to the extraction, all of this without needing energy and given out for free. 

Revenant is unique, every frame is unique, they don't need to be the best at what they can do, they need to be pleasing to be played. You may not like how revenant is supposed to be played, but that doesn't make him a bas frame.

A META shouldn’t exist then since every frame dosen’t need to be the best ever.

il y a 8 minutes, VPrime96 a dit :

A META shouldn’t exist then since every frame dosen’t need to be the best ever.

Every frame doesn't need it, but you can't make all warframe absolutely equal, otherwise they would be simply copypasta of one another. Some warframe will be better at something or another.

Meta emerge when player stop caring about what is good and only focus on what is best. For example, Oberon is a good healer, but since Trinity can heal more efficiently, people neglect Oberon in favor of Trinity. But doing this, they forget what oberon can do and trinity cannot, he ca buff armor, remove status proc, crowd control and deal damage.

DE doesn't create the meta, player do.

And you know what player love ? Seeing their name in orange at the end of the mission to tell everyone that they're the one who did the most damage in the mission. And that's why everyone is angry about revenant, he had a new potential nuke skill and it got nerfed. Sad story really...  

Edited by Marekthejester

His 1 can distract enemies
pretty useful on high lvl mission
enemy affected by his mind control could also infect other enemies by just attacking it.
the dmg isn't much but it kinda like act like a decoy .
i kinda wish the thrall ignore enemies armor

45 minutes ago, xveganrox said:

Was expecting a buff, not a nerf. Idk why they always say they don’t want fire-and-forget abilities but keep making them.

It's almost like the ones in charge of testing new frames just play balanced builds and don't ever think to minmax one or two stats to see if it'd affect what they can do with the frame.

As a filthy casual who plays in Solo mode and knows nothing of meta builds, I'd like to say that Revenant's 1 is pretty neat to have and that the cost increase of his 4 sucks but isn't majorly impactful on how I play him. I'd love the cost to go back down though, since it's a fun ability to spin around with.

His 4 is pretty useless in high level at the first place..he's too fragile to stay channeling coz you get downed in literal seconds. In contrast to Mesa his 2 is not duration based but rather layer based which means it doesn't work anymore after you take a few hits. Is there a real reason to use his 4 anymore (or was there ever one)?

Edited by Marvelous_A

2 hours ago, Marekthejester said:

Em OK maybe you tell us in what mission Revenant excels at? How does his uniqueness give us an upper hand in certain kind of mission? The only missions he's good at are low level missions. Kek.

Edited by Marvelous_A

2 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

Em OK maybe you tell us in what mission Revenant excels at? How does his uniqueness give us an upper hand in certain kind of mission? The only missions he's good at are low level missions. Kek.

I really don't see where people are getting the idea that rev is super op, like you stated his 4 isn't even that great, compared to skills like sayrn or volt where they don't even have to look at the enemies to get afflicted. "But you have to press to use the skill though." ya any could make a macro for that. 

Il y a 7 heures, Marvelous_A a dit :

Having played him, i can can say he's not too bad in survival. He can be pretty good at defense, put some thrall near the cryopod and the enemies will focus on them instead.

But again, i'll tell the same, he doesn't need to "excel" at something, he need to be good. Take Excalibur, he doesn't really excel in anything, but he's not a bad choice for most mission type. What about Mag ? She can be good pretty much everywhere, but she'll never be as good at wiping everything as Saryn or at Crowd Control as Nova. 

The important thing is to have fun, not to be the most efficient/powerfull player in the mission. It's a game. 

11 hours ago, Noibat said:

I generally find use with all of his skills, and they all synergize well for me.  The fact that they don't do so for you just suggests you lean on other skills more.  Use his Mesmer less and his enthrall/reave more.  Suddenly they're  useful. 

I suppose, if you play Wukong, you don't use his 2, and his 1 and 3 suddenly become useful too?

Hmm... I've read some comments and didn't notice one part, I just got revenant myself and I've been looking into his abilities... It's weird how power strength increases energy cost per second for his 4th ability, no other frame has that (In my knowledge), seems sort of fair? However, energy efficiency affects only the initial cast and not the energy per second value (With 160% efficienct initial cast is 10 and energy per second stays at 20), tested it out and my energy does go down rapidly, with power strength it disappears near instantly, I wonder whether this is intended as it seems... a little bit over the top.

4 minutes ago, Arkrom said:

Hmm... I've read some comments and didn't notice one part, I just got revenant myself and I've been looking into his abilities... It's weird how power strength increases energy cost per second for his 4th ability, no other frame has that (In my knowledge), seems sort of fair? However, energy efficiency affects only the initial cast and not the energy per second value (With 160% efficienct initial cast is 10 and energy per second stays at 20), tested it out and my energy does go down rapidly, with power strength it disappears near instantly, I wonder whether this is intended as it seems... a little bit over the top.

Is this test, by any chance, based on using Transient Fortitude or something? Because negative duration increases the energy cost per second of channeled abilities. With both it and fleeting expertise, if you don't have any positive duration to offset the penalty, the math involved ends up being VERY pricy.