Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Elite Alerts

mikakor

5 minutes ago, WarriorSoundwave said:

Yeah i dont get why it takes months for them to give us something as simple as this.

Maybe Digital Extremes wanted the mission to feel more special than a glorified Sortie. Who knows. The rewards for any given piece of content must also be factored into the development time. They said we would get a shoulder emblem, but they might want to add more to it. Patience is key for a Warframe player to have.

Additionally, Elite Alerts would be the perfect opportunity to return Nightwatch enemies. I have missed them since the "One Thousand Cuts" Tactical Alert a long time ago. It would be nice if past enemies from exclusive events/operations could be added into the game in some form. This goes for Artificers, Nightwatch enemies, Misery, and more.

given that is it only a sortie, but with a timer of one hour and simplier modifier, for real, i think they just want to make us wait.

or, if we want to go all nice and kind, they are ( Probably ) fixing potential bugs to occurs. but i REALLY DOUBT about it. it could have already dropped by now. like, IT"S JUST AN ALERT. not even with particularly hard mecanics to add or modify!!! the enemies starts at level 80 or 100, and you have no rez. THAT"S IT. if with the arcanes you can add on yourself two additionnal Rez, then it can go the other way and they can erase our rez in this mode with a few press of a button. i know developing is hard and requires time and all, but it's just overextending the wait for something that he game ALREADY have the mecanics in. there is LITTERALLY just numbers modification to make, and poof, i slap the elite alert in Warframe, done. i don't get what is taking so long. ( Maybe a new awesome reward that will make the elite alerts worth something, and not just show off? maybe that they are making a list of possible rewards. )

Edited by mikakor

2 minutes ago, mikakor said:

given that is it only a sortie, but with a timer of one hour and simplier modifier, for real, i think they just want to make us wait.

or, if we want to go all nice and kind, they are ( Probably ) fixing potential bugs to occurs. but i REALLY DOUBT about it. it could have already dropped by now. like, IT"S JUST AN ALERT. not even with particularly hard mecanics to add or modify!!! the enemies starts at level 80 or 100, and you have no rez. THAT"S IT. if with the arcanes you can add on yourself two additionnal Rez, then it can go the other way and they can erase our rez in this mode with a few press of a button. i know developing is hard and requires time and all, but it's just overextending the wait for something that he game ALREADY have the mecanics in. there is LITTERALLY just numbers modification to make, and poof, i slap the elite alert in Warframe, done. i don't get what is taking so long. ( Maybe a new awesome reward that will make the elite alerts worth something, and not just show off? maybe that they are making a list of possible rewards. )

this shows how little you know about software development. every line of code can have unexpected outcomes on other bits of code. taking out the revives can cause bugs to revives in other missions. or break something else seemingly completely unrelated. part of it too is they want to make sure the rewards in it are done right. plus everyone at de is probably buckling down hard for fortuna. so they showed off the elite alerts to see community opinion and then are modifying it based off the responses, and that's taking time due to all hands on deck for fortuna

1 hour ago, (PS4)Lethalbman10119 said:

this shows how little you know about software development. every line of code can have unexpected outcomes on other bits of code. taking out the revives can cause bugs to revives in other missions. or break something else seemingly completely unrelated. part of it too is they want to make sure the rewards in it are done right. plus everyone at de is probably buckling down hard for fortuna. so they showed off the elite alerts to see community opinion and then are modifying it based off the responses, and that's taking time due to all hands on deck for fortuna

Ho, I'm a total neophyte in coding, no problem admiting it. But I still have difficulties to see how changing simple numbers can create game breaking bugs. See, you have the modifiers, in sortie. Magnetic hazards. Yet you don't see them "bugged and present in every mission".  It's only a new modifier. Yeah, a new kind to the game, sure, but which is on already existing mechanics, so i am extremely sceptic about how something that seems extremely simple ( at first glance of my inexperienced player eye only ) could take so long to implement.

Edited by mikakor

1 hour ago, WarriorSoundwave said:

Yeah i dont get why it takes months for them to give us something as simple as this. or a deluxe skin takes months when it should only take MAYBE a few weeks. I get they are really detailed and all but seriously? It shouldn't take months to give us simple content.

DE are generally juggling a dozen things if not more at the same time work wise, sometimes things fall behind due to resources needing to be sunk into one of the other projects. Nezha deluxe is a prime example of this as it was one of the earlier revealed deluxe for this year but took a great deal of time to actually arrive (falling behind deluxes started after it) because the artist in charge of the project had to put it on hold to work on another piece of content for the game. Elite alerts probably haven't come yet because whoever works on them was pulled into another likely higher priority project and thus haven't had the proper amount of time to finish it. 

14 minutes ago, mikakor said:

Ho, I'm a total neophyte in coding, no problem admiting it. But I still have difficulties to see how changing simple numbers can create game breaking bugs. See, you have the modifiers, in sortie. Magnetic hazards. Yet you don't see them "bugged and present in every mission".  It's only a new modifier. Yeah, a new kind to the game, sure, but which is on already existing mechanics, so i am extremely sceptic about how something that seems extremely simple ( at first glance of my inexperienced player eye only ) could take so long to implement.

youd think itd be limited to the game type but sometimes that's not how coding works. that's part of why raids were removed. new updates kept breaking the raid

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Lethalbman10119 said:

youd think itd be limited to the game type but sometimes that's not how coding works. that's part of why raids were removed. new updates kept breaking the raid

For my personal education in the domain of how coding can be #*!%ed up, sometimes, could you educate me a little on how this or that update were affecting raids? ( For exemple a particular Update with the content it had, and how it has f***ed the said raids with things/bug/interaction that shouldn't happen. ) I'm actually hearing quite a lot that it was a mess, but back in the days I was too shy to try a raid with other people, so I never experienced it and seen it by myself.

Pretty please? 

Edited by mikakor

19 minutes ago, mikakor said:

For my personal education in the domain of how coding can be #*!%ed up, sometimes, could you educate me a little on how this or that update were affecting raids? ( For exemple a particular Update with the content it had, and how it has f***ed the said raids with things/bug/interaction that shouldn't happen. ) I'm actually hearing quite a lot that it was a mess, but back in the days I was too shy to try a raid with other people, so I never experienced it and seen it by myself.

Pretty please? 

I cant say specifically but every other update something new was breaking. pads that needed to be stood on not acknowledging being stood on, enemies not dropping the thing they were supposed to. all kinds of different things breaking. and then itd get fixed. and then the bugs would be back in a few other updates. even though the updates had nothing to do with the raids

3 hours ago, mikakor said:

any news about that? i've heard a little about it, and poof, nothing else. i mean, by the time it has been talked about, shouldn't it be already in the game? It's just high level enemies, and no rez. no? there is something else?

That's of course assuming it's all they are working on. Right now they've got Fortuna, 2 warframes, 2-3 deluxe skins, jupiter tileset rework, frame reworks, melee 3.0, and who knows what else going on. Just be patient. And if you cant, try asking Steve on Twitter, nicely. 

3 hours ago, WarriorSoundwave said:

Yeah i dont get why it takes months for them to give us something as simple as this. or a deluxe skin takes months when it should only take MAYBE a few weeks. I get they are really detailed and all but seriously? It shouldn't take months to give us simple content.

I take it you're an expert programmer/3D designer if you're making obnoxious statements like this.

Even so, they release content as a package, not just bits and pieces so you're updating your game every day you log in.

Also take into consideration that they give themselves time to properly beta test content, in case they feel it doesn't fit well and need to go a different route.

"Simple content" it may be, but they need to make sure they feel okay with releasing content, bad enough the community bashes them no matter what they do, but they should feel comfortable before dropping something.

Dev streams are something they give you to keep you in the loop, so they can tell you what they're working on rather than just doing interviews with people.

Also elite alerts are probably going to be paired with the fortuna update and may have rewards specific to it, rather than being dropped and having their loot tables "diluted" as the community refers to it, because they got used to it before an update.

i think since they are working hard on fortuna, which is a big update, they are likely willing to ship most of the stuff in development alltogether so they know everything is working as intended at release (or kinda atleast)

as you say its something pretty small, but still they have to be sure it doesnt cause major issues with the lots of content new map, textures, systems, revamps, etc) that is coming very soon.
It would be simply worse to rush it and then have to do troubleshooting when alot of new stuff is added/changed. if they do release alltogether they can test first that nothing gamebreaking comes with it.

6 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

It's going to be all archwing

oof. now that would be a challenge. trying to stay awake during an Archwing mission is a positively herculean task. 

chances are DE is working on trying to make it less cheesable. because we all know what setups we're gonna use for these modes to make them super easy. I'm sure many have already enjoyed the prospect of turning it into "the Inaros hour" of every day. if you want DE to make these alerts a challenge for everybody, regardless of loadout, then you need to give them the time they need to tweak things.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

6 hours ago, WarriorSoundwave said:

because they want to have groups of things to release at once not one or two little things here or there.  especially on consoles where they want to minimise number of updates 

6 hours ago, WarriorSoundwave said:

you know nothing of how game designing works right?

here shortened way of how they get the skins
for skins they have to first get a concept of it
go through various looks that fit the theme
build the model an get it to work without certain parts being too stiff, rubbering about, or just generally acting unnatural
then they test the model in all kinds of movment.
do touch ups an fine tuning.
then have to code it into the game an do the same things they did before to make sure nothing went wrong.

new game modes require them to set up program packet that contains everything in the desired in the new game mode, meaning ever possible debuff, conditions, enemies an loot that will be in it, along with what reward tables will be.

😄 so hey how about stop complaining till you can program an code a game yourself as it takes alot of work that your not thinking they do as they cant just go
yo team i want a new skin done within the next hour
thats not how game design works

5 hours ago, AzureTerra said:

Maybe DE should tell us nothing about what is coming because no matter what someone will get salty that "its taking to long to come out"

There was a time when DE was far more open about things they were working on, even things that never saw the light of day.... Community couldn't handle it. DE is a bit more secretive now, although they still do tell us a lot. 

8 hours ago, WarriorSoundwave said:

Do you even code bro? Do you know how long it takes to code a single outfit, then make sure said code has no bugs coming with it, then it goes into the cert, then PC gets it, after that it gets tweeked with again and goes back into cert. And then Consoles get it. If you have no knowledge of writing code you should probably just erase your comment.

7 hours ago, AzureTerra said:

Maybe DE should tell us nothing about what is coming because no matter what someone will get salty that "its taking to long to come out"

I wasn't salty, but curious. Not because it's taking too long ( even if I think it does, but I've been helped by someone a little to see more clear ) but because I was thinking that it would have already dropped, by now, because of assumption, not because I think "IT SHOULD BE HERE RIGHT NOW" kind of things. 

I repeat, no saltiness ^^" so now I'm gonna ask Steve!