Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please, DE, when Equinox Prime comes.....

Myrkrvaldyr

No no no, you're thinking too tame!  There should be 24 systems, 24 chassis, and 24 neuroptics, one for each hour of the day.  Like Equinox 3 P.M. Chassis.  You'll craft them together to get things like the Equinox Midnight Systems, the Afternoon Chassis, and the Early Morning Neutroptics.  You then combine those into the Day and Night versions.  And then combined those aspects into the Warframe itself.

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

No, the Umbras were the originals. And the frames like Titania that didn't have Umbras, it was still made clear that the Primes came second

No, they actually aren't. We only have one Umbra to go off of, and he was made way after the tenno were using frames and fighting in the Old War. Primes as of now are still the first version of every frame. Excal Umbra was in no way refereed to or shown as a prototype

4 hours ago, Atsia said:

No, they actually aren't. We only have one Umbra to go off of, and he was made way after the tenno were using frames and fighting in the Old War.

I'm pretty sure this is the exact opposite of what Sacrifice implied, that Umbras were sent out without Z-kids first (because they weren't yet desperate enough to use Z-kids) and it was a colossal failure

But the real meat lies in here:

4 hours ago, Atsia said:

Primes as of now are still the first version of every frame.

This I KNOW is backwards. non-Primes were confirmed to come first in the Titania quest. Titania Regular was the first Titania

3 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

This I KNOW is backwards. non-Primes were confirmed to come first in the Titania quest. Titania Regular was the first Titania

its said? because even f not, technically we still can' replicate he orokin technology (thats way rev and even nidus prime sill can make sense) 

I am surprised that some people take this "suggestion" serious 😀

Anyway, i am also sad that for Chroma Prime we didnt need

• Volt Prime Neuroptics
  • Ember Prime Neuroptics
  • Frost Prime Chassis
  • Saryn Prime Systems

to build the components! All vaulted, making a Set of Chroma Prime cost something around 1k plat all the time xD

Edit: For Mesa Prime, we also should farm the parts for her Regulators Prime!

Edited by DreisterDino

4 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

I'm pretty sure this is the exact opposite of what Sacrifice implied, that Umbras were sent out without Z-kids first (because they weren't yet desperate enough to use Z-kids) and it was a colossal failure

That is not true. The Sacrifice explains proto Warframes were deployed without Tenno first, resulting a failure. At no point we know what those designs were.

Then comes the Rhino Prime codex entry.

Then, Umbra is created YEARS after the start of the Warframe project. Pay absolkute attention to Ballas when he says

Spoiler

"I've had lifetimes to plan my defection." (post Margulis execution, which happened due her not wanting to give the Tenno for the Warframe project)

Lastly, what The Sacrifice confirms is that we have Blueprints extracted off scanning incomplete pieces of the Warframe, resulting in an incomplete, twisted version (the base ones). Umbra we can replicate because we have first hand material off him.

Remember, at no point in the silver grove it is stated that the Warframe we receive is a 1:1 copy -- in fact we have no freaking idea on where the heck the Blueprint comes from.

On top of this, DE themselves always state that the non-Prime items we use are attempts at recreating them:

https://www.warframe.com/news/primes-and-prime-access

WHAT IS A PRIME?
Prime Warframes, Weapons and Sentinels are actual pieces of Ancient Orokin technology. These elite intricately gilded items have highly advantageous qualities and feature added polarity slots – allowing you to equip more powerful Mods and saving space in your MOD Capacity.

Non-Prime Warframes, Weapons and Sentinels are based on Orokin technology, however they are not genuine Orokin articles.

3 hours ago, DreisterDino said:

I am surprised that some people take this "suggestion" serious 😀

Anyway, i am also sad that for Chroma Prime we didnt need

• Volt Prime Neuroptics
  • Ember Prime Neuroptics
  • Frost Prime Chassis
  • Saryn Prime Systems

to build the components! All vaulted, making a Set of Chroma Prime cost something around 1k plat all the time xD

Edit: For Mesa Prime, we also should farm the parts for her Regulators Prime!

No, we should grind prime keys to enter a primed version of the alad v assasination to have a 6,4% chance at a relic for Mesa prime and all the parts should be golden because Mesa is that great. Make a suggestion make sense next time!

Jk 😀

But I would actually prefer equinox to have 8 parts, it would make a lot of sense to be fair, bring even more interesting differences to what he already has(come on, you have what, 8 abilities?), making certain parts only available during certain times of day may sound like overkill, but it would sure put a price tag on him, which I'd rather than any new prime getting released and going down to ~50_70 plat in the first week for a set. I like a challenge so why shouldn't DE do it? You want lore? Lore: we made the normal one out of 8. We made the prime one out of 8. Solved! For prime part distribution across relica: just throw another one into the mix. OR make the relic drop DAY or NIGHT parts depending on the time of day currently in cetus, see? Don't even need a bonus relic with 4 parts.

11 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

As someone else said, there's no given connection between Umbra and the frame prototypes. Yes, future Umbras could be this prototypes, but with only Excal Umbra to go off of, who was turned after Tenno had already joined the fight, there's no indication of anything like that.

That's the same argument that's been used for any of the quest frames, but look at that, they have primes, and Mirage Prime kinda debunks that theory flat out. Primes are always the original Orokin design for frames and always come first, unless specifically stated otherwise, which no quest has yet to do.

17 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

No, the Umbras were the originals. And the frames like Titania that didn't have Umbras, it was still made clear that the Primes came second

umm no in ballas

s records he actually references the tenno controlling the wild warframes threw transference.  which means there where some prime frames  before he made umbra probably the first umbra frame

On 2018-09-26 at 3:05 PM, Myrkrvaldyr said:

The vaulting thing is irrelevant because parts and relics can be traded. It's that simple. Anyone with half a brain can make plat in this game by selling prime parts. It's easy to even make 300p. People shouldn't expect to have everything handed to them.

You seem to ignore the fact that the great demand and the ever-decreasing supply of those parts would've eventually skyrocketed their prices to the point pretty much no one except whales and the most hardcore traders could afford to buy them.

10 hours ago, LupoDWolf said:

its said? because even f not, technically we still can' replicate he orokin technology (thats way rev and even nidus prime sill can make sense) 

8 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

That is not true. The Sacrifice explains proto Warframes were deployed without Tenno first, resulting a failure. At no point we know what those designs were.

Then comes the Rhino Prime codex entry.

Then, Umbra is created YEARS after the start of the Warframe project. Pay absolkute attention to Ballas when he says

Reveal hidden contents

"I've had lifetimes to plan my defection." (post Margulis execution, which happened due her not wanting to give the Tenno for the Warframe project)

Lastly, what The Sacrifice confirms is that we have Blueprints extracted off scanning incomplete pieces of the Warframe, resulting in an incomplete, twisted version (the base ones). Umbra we can replicate because we have first hand material off him.

Remember, at no point in the silver grove it is stated that the Warframe we receive is a 1:1 copy -- in fact we have no freaking idea on where the heck the Blueprint comes from.

On top of this, DE themselves always state that the non-Prime items we use are attempts at recreating them:

https://www.warframe.com/news/primes-and-prime-access

1 hour ago, Atsia said:

1 hour ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

umm no in ballas

s records he actually references the tenno controlling the wild warframes threw transference.  which means there where some prime frames  before he made umbra probably the first umbra frame

OK, let me break this down to the two parts:

UMBRAS

Yes, the "proto-Warframes" were sent out without any Z-kids and it was a colossal failure. We are in agreement about that. The impression I got is that the proto-Warframes were the Umbras. Is that not the case? I fully confess that I might be wrong here

TITANIA

Yes, I know for a FACT that Titania Regular WAS INVENTED BEFORE TITANIA PRIME. Go back and check out the quest, Sylvania SPECIFICALLY states that "her Titania", the one she crafted by hand, is the very same one that died in her grove. And when we dig it up, hey presto, it's not a Prime

I don't see how Mirage Prime contradicts that. I have been over this multiple times with a fine-tooth comb, I have defended this thesis before, PRIMES WERE NOT FIRST, at least in the case of Titania if DE really wants to throw around more retcons

1 minute ago, TARINunit9 said:

OK, let me break this down to the two parts:

UMBRAS

Yes, the "proto-Warframes" were sent out without any Z-kids and it was a colossal failure. We are in agreement about that. The impression I got is that the proto-Warframes were the Umbras. Is that not the case? I fully confess that I might be wrong here

TITANIA

Yes, I know for a FACT that Titania Regular WAS INVENTED BEFORE TITANIA PRIME. Go back and check out the quest, Sylvania SPECIFICALLY states that "her Titania", the one she crafted by hand, is the very same one that died in her grove. And when we dig it up, hey presto, it's not a Prime

I don't see how Mirage Prime contradicts that. I have been over this multiple times with a fine-tooth comb, I have defended this thesis before, PRIMES WERE NOT FIRST, at least in the case of Titania if DE really wants to throw around more retcons

Towards your Titania argument,  from what's been given, mostly through the prime trailers, the Orokin themselves didn't distinguish Prime from the regular, it's is tenno that did. The orokin we've heard speak about frames,  mainly Ballas, don't say Nekros Prime or Saryn Prime, he just says Nekros and Saryn. In fact, no one else in the game besides Baro and Darvo I think makes a distinction between a Prime and a Non-Prime either. 

It's totally plausible that in her saying "her Titania", she's refereeing to the Titania Prime, not Tenno version Titania, given that's how Ballas refers to frames as well in the trailers, which would make more sense and put her inline with all the other quest frames with Primes, in that we only find a degraded copy/the Tenno made copy, not the original version, and the general lore fact of Primes came first. It wouldn't be a retcon given the evidence.

In regards to Umbra, yes, future Umbras might be the failed prototypes, but Excal Umbra specifically was made after the Tenno were being used for the Old War.

2 hours ago, Atsia said:

In regards to Umbra, yes, future Umbras might be the failed prototypes, but Excal Umbra specifically was made after the Tenno were being used for the Old War.

Thank you for clearing that up for me

2 hours ago, Atsia said:

It's totally plausible that in her saying "her Titania", she's refereeing to the Titania Prime, not Tenno version Titania, given that's how Ballas refers to frames as well in the trailers, which would make more sense and put her inline with all the other quest frames with Primes, in that we only find a degraded copy/the Tenno made copy, not the original version, and the general lore fact of Primes came first. It wouldn't be a retcon given the evidence.

I basically categorically disagree with all of this (except for the 12 words about Ballas, which in and of themselves I do agree with; like, regardless of whether the non-Prime came first or second he only sees the Prime to be worthy of the name "Saryn"). Either you devalue the theme of the quest -- a mother hates her daughter and comes to regret it -- by making the original daughter literally not even show up at all, or you devalue the idea of "congratulations, for saving the Silver Grove Silvana gifts you the original protector as a reward" by saying "oh except it's not the ORIGINAL original, it's some cruddy degenerate knockoff product that was developed thousands of years later in an unrelated laboratory and isn't actually a gift from Silvana at all"

On 2018-09-25 at 4:42 PM, Myrkrvaldyr said:

Have her ask for 8 pieces, just like regular Equinox does. I'm disappointed Chroma Prime didn't ask for frame parts like vanilla Chroma does. The vaulting thing is irrelevant.

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no 

unless your wanting to have DE get a massive surge in prime access purchases then im sorry but equinox primes parts will most likely just be like every other prime frames parts as a single item

7 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Thank you for clearing that up for me

I basically categorically disagree with all of this (except for the 12 words about Ballas, which in and of themselves I do agree with; like, regardless of whether the non-Prime came first or second he only sees the Prime to be worthy of the name "Saryn"). Either you devalue the theme of the quest -- a mother hates her daughter and comes to regret it -- by making the original daughter literally not even show up at all, or you devalue the idea of "congratulations, for saving the Silver Grove Silvana gifts you the original protector as a reward" by saying "oh except it's not the ORIGINAL original, it's some cruddy degenerate knockoff product that was developed thousands of years later in an unrelated laboratory and isn't actually a gift from Silvana at all"

well it could be the original protector is just a copy of memory aka what people recorded of it like with inaros following your logic we would have gotten inaros prime doing the quest but inaros like most other war-frames in the quests either died or destroyed them selves in some way leaving only a memory of them behind a memory that over time can be decayed/warped the blueprint

she gave us is probably here is what the protector was and looked like from what recorded history is left remember a giant as heck war happened then a whole race was almost completely killed off then we all took a really long ice nap so she most likely gave us a picture of what history showed her as and we made a frame based off that like looking a picture and tried to 3d print it your 3d printing a handed down memory not a direct orokin blueprint 

also war-frames are bio mechanical so they can in theory decay like a normal corpse leaving behind only the metal bits if any (being made of infested flesh can some how become metal like materials) then the rest if just estimation on how it worked and functioned leading you to getting things wrong leading to inefficiency in states or appearance getting the general idea but not the true thing why primes have better stats and in some case looks when compared to there non prime counter parts 

49 minutes ago, seprent said:

following your logic we would have gotten inaros prime doing the quest

I think you misread my string of posts, because following my logic the Inaros quest would have been completely unchanged

50 minutes ago, seprent said:

also war-frames are bio mechanical so they can in theory decay like a normal corpse leaving behind only the metal bits if any (being made of infested flesh can some how become metal like materials) then the rest if just estimation on how it worked and functioned leading you to getting things wrong leading to inefficiency in states or appearance getting the general idea but not the true thing why primes have better stats and in some case looks when compared to there non prime counter parts 

This still comes across as a stretch to me. Decomposition happens because micro-organisms break down matter, and I would think Helminth is stronger than some random paramecium living in the soil, especially with Silvania intervening and watching over the grave