The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Talk: Content Drought - What DE can learn from this

MartianGHunter

Fortuna will be my first major update since i started playing and i started in june and can somewhat feel the content drought. I don't mind waiting especially this season where so many games are coming out you might as well take a little break from WF.

I can see why fortuna might be taking so long cuz like they're making a huge new open world map in the timespan of what i assume would be just over a year. Their updates are starting to get more ambitious and that requires more time and manpower, simpe as that. Let's hope the wait for fortuna is worth it and actually has content to last close up to the next major update.

That DOESN'T justify the fact though that they aren't filling this long content drought with something even a little worthy event that's not the DAMN GHOULS. Also i expected better of that relay reconstruntion event, it just felt so meh.

Edited by Zelphagor

2 hours ago, (PS4)TitaniumSkillz07 said:

I'm sorry but it's the truth

The only thing going downhill is the quality of recent forum posts. All centered around people with bizarrely similarly worded opinions about how the game is dying and EvEn DE AcKnOwlEdgEs It.

2 hours ago, ShenRyujin said:

Actually numbers showed nearly 1/4 of players are gone in a single month 

The same boom/bust that happens every bloody time they release a new update. New update takes a while, people start whining, the game dies for the 537th time this year, new update is released and the cycle continues.

I think there definitely needs to be some kind of restructuring on how they plan out content, the problem of dissatisfied high level players has existed for years, but i think there also a bit of rose colored glasses from some players, there were a several events in the past, several were just to introduce new missions, I mean survivals enter the game as an event, and so many others, but they always came with complaints that reward was just a plain mastery fodder weapon, that it was too easy or boring, usually a meh reception from players.

For that reason feedback should always be coming, excluding insults or threats, we don´t need to babysit the devs. The game has a lot of room to be much better than it is. 

Edited by Pavelord
typos

12 hours ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

If you're mainly concerned about getting those 98% of content over with as fast as possible that reads as if it's not particularly fun to you.

Which begs the question: Why even stick around? For the other measly 2%? Completionist addiction? I genuinely wonder...

Edit: Also what if our overpoweredness actually fuels that feeling of repetitiveness even further? Wouldn't the gameplay experience be more varied if we couldn't just stick to the respective "press x to win" meta constantly?

I play this game as a relaxing alternative when I want a break from competitive shooters.  Warframe is an easy game to master: it doesn't take much skill to be really good, and being really good just means being competent enough to handle any mission.  It's fun with compelling gameplay, but it is repetitive.  I don't want to put on my tryhard hat every time I do something simple like run a relic or farm a resource.  I just want to chill and play a game that almost never frustrates or disappoints me and that has no consequences for failure beyond a few minutes of wasted time.  

Edited by (XB1)ThermalStone

i hope they learn from fortuna that focusing on one big major content release hurts the game a lot. like cause of there small team they don't have the resources needed to do large content releases like this and still support the standard small updates that keep people coming to a game like this.

45 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

The only thing going downhill is the quality of recent forum posts. All centered around people with bizarrely similarly worded opinions about how the game is dying and EvEn DE AcKnOwlEdgEs It.

The same boom/bust that happens every bloody time they release a new update. New update takes a while, people start whining, the game dies for the 537th time this year, new update is released and the cycle continues.

Alright let's get Abit real here any game out if the player base leaves the game giving no feedback is guaranteed to died why? It can't improve if it doesn't kno wat to improve on.  Whining alone isn't helpful but there are plenty of players giving real FEEDBACK. And telling players not to give any is no different if Peta stood outside your restaurant telling everyone not eat there. Complaining about the complaining is still complaining in the end yourself. 

Now let me put my own opinion on the idea of "content drought" if the internet let's of course. Even I don't know how I feel bout ppl asking for content W/o explaining wat they want but atleast I kno the drought is real and do I think a drought can be fixed? No not really. Even if DE released content like everyone ask doesn't mean it'll fix this horrible cycle of a dog chasing it's tail run out of content then ask for more. 

What DE need is solid content that is being continually polished and not left to die out. They need content that could hold itself and at the same time the content must be something DE want to refine. Not only that but refine it to where every frame and weapons is looked at towards it to where for once they want to balance everything around it. Alot of ppl can play league, overwatch, starcraft, and he'll even destiny for years and why? they have a core for their game and they polish it non stop but Warframes only want to release more W/o relooking at their own game. 

All of u can hate me as much u want but no matter wat reality is reality and in the end DE cares about the numbers. Cuz guess wat they have ppl to pay and to look after unlike fans who boast bout the game with no care in the world and feel none of the struggle. But to the ppl complaining W/o the CONSTRUCTIVE part yur not helping either. 

59 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

i hope they learn from fortuna that focusing on one big major content release hurts the game a lot. like cause of there small team they don't have the resources needed to do large content releases like this and still support the standard small updates that keep people coming to a game like this.

This is by far the most stupid thing i've seen posted on this forum.

Do you even fathom the concept behind game development?

It can be really easy for DE to keep the game growing in population and keep the so call vets happy together. 

They must send a new update every day, unlimited content, difficult missions that can be cheese easily with a youtube build to feel powerful at winning, give money to the players so they will us it to buy cosmetics and roll rivens and of course listen to every single whining on the forum as everybody know better than them how to make Warframe great again and immortal as they are on a 8h survival in Mot. And of course ad a pizza delivering service ingame 'cause for those who's changing a build for a mission is almost an impossible task, feeding themselves should be nearly impossible. DE must take care of it too.

So easy i don't know why DE is not doing it now.

Edited by (PS4)Herrwann69

Their are a big problem if they not release the content in big pack... they can't really ambitious projets anymores like fortuna or railjack, specialy the railjack that can't be put on multiple updates, you need to have the whole thing .. i mean ... if they do like that the first update will give you acess to a ship but you can't use it .. the second allow you to upgrade it but you can't still use.. understand the problem...

il y a 1 minute, iman00700 a dit :

Well de kept rivens prices high so players sometimes sell good rivens and get insane amount of plat which which with that they can start trading more stuff and trade chat stay alive 

Sadly in the reality the people that can buy and sell  high prices rivens have already everything of the game, so no, the plat never go in normal trading system anymore, it's stuck in the player account or in the riven trade system and never quite it ... that why riven became expensive too, because more platinum go in the riven trade system and people who trade rivens between thems become more richer every day basicly

Am 6.10.2018 um 08:40 schrieb (XB1)ShadowBlood89:

DE is pumping out as much content as they cant with more than enough love than they should be legally be allowed to put into it.
>:U ya hear that DE stop spoiling us with all this love you shower onto us.

It's getting a very annoying that there are so many people an even youtubers saying that there is content droughts, lack of content, not enough of new content. But Do those people take in account that are beloved makers of Warframe are people to they are not cephalons constantly working non stop.
No they are made of flesh an blood, they have lives an families to go home to every day.

They don't have to put soo much time an effort into making the game as amazing as it is, but they do as it's both a labor of there love an what brings food to there tables.
Yes i do dread the wait between new content but that what makes all the new stuff so much more enjoyable. Its the wait an learning of how the progress is on what they are working on.

DE has put tons of the thoughts an feelings of there players into every new feature, update an hotfix they done. 
So many things they done just cause of player memes to ideas we the player base has talked about  that DE took an made into actual content in game.

I love warframe as each year it's not the same game its a game an half more than it was before.

To all you members of Digital Extremes i have to say that i respect every single one of you, for all the blood, sweat, tears, an sleepless nights you have poured into this game.
I will always love warframe an every one of your staff will not be just amazing people but people who actually know how to get work done an have abit of fun along the way.

i dont understand anything youre talking about

we are all individuals and i dont wanna give comments about here cash/there development

your comment isnt really useful for realcash-investement into the game, all this kind of paternalizing ends up in frustration of locked threads and you will get a headache when the fire you create breaks out and reach you

do something useful please, i dont know your age as well as waste your time in thinking about economy or ask your parents about healthy economy

im not talking about bad economy games, i talk about healthy economy and DE's pride about the social level in the game, and i will use as a ending of my comment, i dont like this mentionings, warframe is faar away from a healthy social level ^^)

with a smile and thx for motivating me to write a comment =)

23 hours ago, Escapements said:

spoiling us ? you have no idea of what you're talking about , constant updating is actually the backbone of this game from the very start ,

and here is the backstory for that from Steve himself :

skip to 10:55 to continue what Steve was trying to say .

To be fair... in that vid Mogamu said... basically nothing.

I always feel my blood starting to boil when people go "No content!" or "It's bad content!" or whatever. What EXACTLY is content? What is it to you? What is it to me? What is it to a youtuber/streamer? Those are questions that can have WILDLY different answers even if we are talking about the same thing. That is why I didn't really... jive with Mogamu's message. He basically said nothing because I didn't get a context for his content arguments. 

What I am getting to is that the entire concept of "content" needs context. DE or ANY developer in ANY game puts out stuff; skins, missions, weapons, you name it. And it's content to SOMEONE. And just because of that I, you, a streamer or someone's cat doesn't like it and thus ignores it, creates a feeling of not getting new stuff or not having anything else to do. And that happens everywhere. You can't please everyone at all times. There are only so many hours in a day and so many people to do a job. And this feeling of abandonment (for lack of a better word) only gets worse if we stick that one thing while ignoring the rest, even if it doesn't initially interest us. 

Could DE do things better? Probably. I'm not a game dev. I have no interactions with anyone from DE directly so I don't know how things operate in their studio. How their work flow is, what the plans are etc. I don't have any right to make any demands about things I don't know anything about. We can offer criticism and suggestions but we must also acknowledge the fact that 98% of us have NO idea what we are actually criticizing or suggesting, and maybe 0.2% have a good enough understanding to give proper, helpful advice. This does not mean that we should all just shut up and let DE do their thing in silence, we have to keep a hot poker at their backs to mush them on and give ideas. Just, let us remember what any of us are actually qualified for. 

Edited by Lakais

40 minutes ago, Lakais said:

I always feel my blood starting to boil when people go "No content!" or "It's bad content!" or whatever. What EXACTLY is content? 

Yeah i see red as well. Especially when some start omitting half the bloody game to go "See we've had no propper game mode for years, content drought!!11"

2 hours ago, Wind_Blade said:

Sadly in the reality the people that can buy and sell  high prices rivens have already everything of the game, so no, the plat never go in normal trading system anymore, it's stuck in the player account or in the riven trade system and never quite it ... that why riven became expensive too, because more platinum go in the riven trade system and people who trade rivens between thems become more richer every day basicly

True

But some people(including me)sell riven and trade them with cheap mods and prime parts

9 hours ago, xcenic said:

According to forums rules you swear and should be warned. But since you are praising DE you get ignored. 

Same goes for backseat moderation.

Let alone your clearly butthurt about something? Not act in a proper manor did we?.

9 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

"Damn" is swearing?

Watch your profanity :laugh:😉

2 hours ago, Wind_Blade said:

Their are a big problem if they not release the content in big pack... they can't really ambitious projets anymores like fortuna or railjack, specialy the railjack that can't be put on multiple updates, you need to have the whole thing .. i mean ... if they do like that the first update will give you acess to a ship but you can't use it .. the second allow you to upgrade it but you can't still use.. understand the problem...

Nah people would rather REEEE than understand the underlying issues at hand.

i will give feedback, it might be harse but that is do to a love of this game, and without feedback they wont know what anyone is feeling or thinking, id rather not blindly folow anything.

if everyone keept there mouth shut this game wold still have moding that was based on how much irl money you put in, it wold still have stamina, feedback for a online game is inportant, so no i wont stop complaining or giving feedback, becuse i love this game to much to not do so, i wont keep these things to myself, i care enough to say someting, i cant say that about a lot of games.

and DE dose not need to be defended, if they mess up we will tell them, becuse we care enough to do so 

6 hours ago, ShenRyujin said:

Actually numbers showed nearly 1/4 of players are gone in a single month 

If you bother to check the Steam trophy award data, then you will see that the majority of those hardly even make it off the starter planet (easy to judge based on award given for building/levelling of sentinels). They're leaving before seeing a significant fraction of the content. 

That's got absolutely nothing to do with a "content drought". 

7 hours ago, (PS4)TitaniumSkillz07 said:

Snip

A few quick questions, if you don't mind because you are a relatively new player it seems. They'll help us to understand how much of the existing content you have actually seen. 

How many of the trophies have you collected? 

Have you finished the star chart? 

Have you done all the quests? 

What's your maximum/current standing/rank in the various syndicates? 

Have you been hunting eidolon? 

5 hours ago, peterc3 said:

You noticed that too huh? 

5 hours ago, Zelphagor said:

Fortuna will be my first major update since i started playing and i started in june and can somewhat feel the content drought. I don't mind waiting especially this season where so many games are coming out you might as well take a little break from WF.

I can see why fortuna might be taking so long cuz like they're making a huge new open world map in the timespan of what i assume would be just over a year. Their updates are starting to get more ambitious and that requires more time and manpower, simpe as that. Let's hope the wait for fortuna is worth it and actually has content to last close up to the next major update.

That DOESN'T justify the fact though that they aren't filling this long content drought with something even a little worthy event that's not the DAMN GHOULS. Also i expected better of that relay reconstruntion event, it just felt so meh.

How are you feeling a content drought already after playing for only a few months? Do you go go into every game needing constant updates to feel like there's content, desires the fact there's probably hours of content left for you to do? If you're already bored with Warframe, no content update will be enough. 

Even though the devs themselves claim there's a content drought, I really can't think of a time when we definitely had more content than we are getting now. Maybe more piece meal weapon updates, but that's it. If the devs kept at that old pace for new weapons, we'd be drowning in copycat guns what are practically just skins of another.