Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I sincerely hope DE isn't gonna make snother open world after fortuna.

lennieplop60

As we've all noticed, making an open world map is very resource-intensive and takes a lot of time. The making of fortuna alone has caused a massive content drought in 2018. This on itself isn't a big problem, but I think it's important for DE to work on making railjack as good as possible, and adding to and improving the base game. That's gonna be quite hard if there's another open world being developed.

Frankly, I think two open worlds is enough; those devs need some rest 😛

Based on what we've seen in streams, we have tau system (or a 'part' of it at least) coming at some point so the odds are that will not be open world. 

To be honest I'm not too worried about railjack, in all honesty I don't think railjack actually 'fits' in warframe, so I'm definitely not getting my hopes up over it because I can see it being a letdown for a lot of people.

As to more open worlds, I'm expecting 'one a year' as this seems to be the direction warframe is heading, which is fine as long as it doesn't end up like PoE has.  Having said that if that is their intention they need to increase their staffing levels as clearly there isn't enough staff to complete the amount of work needed for open world AND maintain a lower level of content for players in between massive updates. 

Edited by LSG501

17 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

But...but...all drought and no content makes Jack a dull mad boy...

:tongue:

A megathread that nobody uses and a torrent of arguable spam makes Monkey a mad boy... man... person... primate.

14 minutes ago, lennieplop60 said:

Wasn't really meant as a drought thread, but eh.

Terribly sorry, based on your usage of the words "content drought" in your post and the fact that you hope for content in the future I thought that this was a content drought thread.

Edited by DeMonkey

17 minutes ago, lennieplop60 said:

As we've all noticed, making an open world map is very resource-intensive and takes a lot of time. The making of fortuna alone has caused a massive content drought in 2018. This on itself isn't a big problem, but I think it's important for DE to work on making railjack as good as possible, and adding to and improving the base game. That's gonna be quite hard if there's another open world being developed.

Don't forget they rebalanced a bunch of weapons, are also busy making Railjack and are most likely working on the next big quest.

saying Fortuna is the only reason for the content drought is easy but ignores all the other reasons.

I like the open worlds but feel the same.  I would like them to go back to making modular tilesets and new planets, and new game modes (hopefully what they do with Tau.) 

I also wish they'd go back to regularly dropping weapons... I remember a couple devstreams ago they said they didn't want to release the Ghoul's chainsaw melee thing because they didn't want to pump out meaningless content.  I cringed so hard because unbeknownst to them the thing I've enjoyed the most about this game over 5 years was the plethora of unending new weapons to try.  It's not meaningless like they think.  If they gave me 3 weapons every 2 months, I would be a happy and satisfied player waiting for bigger content.  And that's where they're going wrong right now.  They actually have content to release but are refusing to.

In that sense the drought isn't even totally because of the time Open Worlds take - it's just because DE has some weird philosophical thing going on in their head.   They could keep us slightly entertained while we wait - they choose not to.

Employee X: "Hey Y, should we release these weapons?  we finished them months ago and are just waiting to ship them"
Employee Y: *fondles goatee*  "But why?"

It's literally like the episode of Family Guy where Peter's relative is a "philosopher."  They're looking for some deep as balls meaning to drop weapons instead of just considering the base entertainment value of doing so.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

You sure? For all we know, it could just be a bigger jordas. Big effin enemy in the middle, few minions and random crap like asteroids / orbital defense grid pieces and alota Space in between. As far as i know, we saw a sole trailer at Tennocon, thats it. 

Edited by Eisdschungel

2 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

They actually have content to release but are refusing to.

yes, you're absolutely right. Fortuna is finished and bug-free, but they don't want to release it because they're having too much fun seeing all the drought threads popping up in the forums. those cheeky rascals at DE, amirite? /s.

you can hope DE won't release another open world as much as you like, but it seems to be the direction they're going in now, which means more will come, plus railjack. maybe you want nothing but weapons, and that's fine, but some of us want something with a bit more substance, something that will last for more than the 10-20 mins or less that it takes to level a new weapon. 

41 minutes ago, lennieplop60 said:

and adding to and improving the base game.

yeah, I mean it's not like the Jupiter gas city tileset is being totally remastered or anything, and will include rooms that require a bit more knowledge of parkour. that sure would be wild. /s.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

yes, you're absolutely right. Fortuna is finished and bug-free, but they don't want to release it because they're having too much fun seeing all the drought threads popping up in the forums. those cheeky rascals at DE, amirite? /s.

I clearly wasn't talking abut Fortuna, I was talking about the weapons they've even gone on record to say are complete and they are just withholding.  I guess you didn't read that far though, amirite?

Oh wait - yes you did, you had to in order to reach the line you quoted - you just blatantly misrepresented what I said to try and get an edgy comment in, bravo sir.  Hillarious that you disregard 2/43 of the post talking about the weapons lol 

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

19 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

unbeknownst to them

Unbeknownst to you, they have metrics on this and, based on them not pumping out weapons at a rate you are satisfied with, those metrics would apparently warrant not pumping out weapons at that rate.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

They actually have content to release but are refusing to.

This is such a stunningly awful way to approach the subject. I commend you on finding a new low.

48 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I sincerely hope no one is going to create another content drought thread after this one.

Maybe I'm blind and deaf, but haven't they basically outlined the next few big pieces and none of them are more OpEn WoRLdS? Do you think any of the people making these threads actually pay attention to what DE is actually saying and not just the strawmen youtubers are creating?

2 minutes ago, Atekron said:

I sincerely hope people stop complaining about other people complaining about another hot topic

This topic is a few billionths of a degree above absolute zero. The horse has been beaten so much, one risks splitting an atom if they hit it more. DE has acknowledged the "issue" and there is nothing new that these million threads have brought to the table.

Edited by peterc3

3 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Unbeknownst to you, they have metrics on this and, based on them not pumping out weapons at a rate you are satisfied with, those metrics would apparently warrant not pumping out weapons at that rate.

This is such a stunningly awful way to approach the subject. I commend you on finding a new low.

Yes I'm sure their metrics which also say that they're in a (self-admitted) content drought are also saying to withhold content they've completed to further exasperate the situation.  Makes tonnes of sense.  If that's what their metrics are saying, then it's no wonder we're all sitting here with out thumbs up our butts waiting. 

I commend you on I don't even know what to call this.  Derping, I guess.  When you put 2 and 2 together it just doesn't make sense.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

52 minutes ago, lennieplop60 said:

no, until they make an another infested themed open map

6 minutes ago, Atekron said:

I sincerely hope people stop complaining about other people complaining about another hot topic

I wonder how far down this rabbit hole we would go if I deigned to continue it.

Unfortunately I don't like rabbits so I'll pass, I hope your head doesn't get stuck. 

11 minutes ago, Eisdschungel said:

You sure? For all we know, it could just be a bigger jordas. Big effin enemy in the middle, few minions and random crap like asteroids / orbital defense grid pieces and alota Space in between. As far as i know, we saw a sole trailer at Tennocon, thats it. 

They've talked about it a lot on devstreams, and it's basically a completely new set of systems. A good chunk of planets, if not all, will have a Railjack area, there'll be a variety of mission types (one example they gave was exploring derelicts) and its own progression system.

So... not just a bigger Jordas.

Just now, (PS4)lagrue said:

Yes I'm sure their metrics which also say that they're in a (self-admitted) content drought are also saying to withhold content they've completed to further exasperate the situation.  Makes tonnes of sense.  

I commend you on I don't even know what to call this.  Derp.  

The same people whipping up this Content Drought Controversy (Gone Sexual) also seem to think weapons are not content.

Also, the thing you mentioned, the chainsaw, is a melee weapon. If you hadn't noticed Melee 3.0 hasn't dropped yet, so why would they release it before the rework to Melee mechanics?

4 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

This topic is a few billionths of a degree above absolute zero. The horse has been beaten so much, one risks splitting an atom if they hit it more. DE has acknowledged the "issue" and there is nothing new that these million threads have brought to the table.

please, go back to forum page scroll a little, check how many people are interested in this, and then say that topic is dead, if you dare