Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I sincerely hope DE isn't gonna make snother open world after fortuna.

lennieplop60

I had this thought yesterday after work, and I think it would be wise to hold off on another PoE/Fortuna open world for a year. We know Railjack is launching in 2019. Depending on how much is ready to go they could follow a similar pattern to how content was launched this year so far. 

Jan/Feb: updates and events for Fortuna, and more frame reworks
Late March/Early April: Base Railjack content if it's ready (I'd say Mercury, Venus, and Earth/Lua related missions and exploration).

Then, every month to 2 months release more planets to explore (Mars, Phobos and Ceres as one chunk, and Jupiter, Europa, and Saturn as another chunk for example, etc.) until all of the Railjack content is out. It could take the whole year to release the entirety of the content but it would give them time to refine the existing stuff while working on smaller chunks of Railjack.

I feel this would be a win-win for DE and us the community. Since they would be refining existing content as they add more to it they could also work on other projects (Frames, weapons, quests, reworks) to keep the community occupied.

The downside to this idea is that it would take all year to get the entirety of Railjack out, which has the potential of burning out players because most of the content would be related to it. But, if the core gamemode is out and they simply add and refine the system I think in the long run it would be beneficial for DE, especially if there's more time to add other stuff in the meantime.

It's not a perfect idea, but I think it could be plausible.

Edited by (XB1)Skippy575
Formatting and grammar

4 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Is now a bad time to mention Railjack is basically just "space open world"?

Very true...Railjack opens a number of options this game really hasn't had from a narrative standpoint imo.

Segue into the Tau system, the war with the Sentients, and the reckoning with Lotus and co.

Segue into a new Dark Sectors and battles with the Void entities themselves.

Segue into making Syndicate affiliations matter because some of the factions work to opposite ends and some are outright warring.

It can open the path to make the Tenno a Race as opposed to the Faction it is now.

It opens a lot of exploration, and achievement alternatives that this game hasn't really had to date if done well.

Basically it has the chance to be everything we thought the old Dark Sectors would be before they released it.

I'm interested to see what they do with it.

Edited by Padre_Akais

vor 5 Stunden schrieb lennieplop60:

As we've all noticed, making an open world map is very resource-intensive and takes a lot of time. The making of fortuna alone has caused a massive content drought in 2018. This on itself isn't a big problem, but I think it's important for DE to work on making railjack as good as possible, and adding to and improving the base game. That's gonna be quite hard if there's another open world being developed.

Frankly, I think two open worlds is enough; those devs need some rest 😛

an open world map for every planet was pretty much the best idea they've head in terms of enhancing the star map. u want some more basic points of missions to increase the network ? i sure as hell cant wait for the infested open world map. content drought also has nothing to do with the open world map, its more of a management thing and imo DE could spread it more out but more often than not a plan changes. theory is one thing...practice another. personally i dont mind the content drought if the content afterwards is worth the wait. its not like we can do anything else in the meantime, generally speaking, so...

5 hours ago, Atekron said:

please, go back to forum page scroll a little, check how many people are interested in this, and then say that topic is dead, if you dare

Most people started whining about content drought only after some youtubers told them to. Herd mentality at its finest.

20 minutes ago, Wind_Blade said:

But every miracle require a Sacrifice

I hate to be "that guy", but I also love to be "that guy". I'm sorry to do this, but I'm really not.

"But all miracles require sacrifice."

(The quote was slightly off, and it bothered me a lot. Please don't hurt me!)

Salt... lot's of salt... Guys, I think I can actually use this salt for my scrambled eggs... and my french fries...

I recommend finding another game to play for now.   If you are checking weekly/daily for updates, I can see how it can drive you crazy.  I really wanted Fortuna to be released by now, but I've accepted that it is still a ways off.  Black Ops releases on Friday so now I feel Fortuna can wait another 2 months for all I care. 🙂

37 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

Most people started whining about content drought only after some youtubers told them to. Herd mentality at its finest.

dude, what you even talking about? I have literally nothing to do in warframe, I did not binge in the game like from may or so, yes maybe some yotubers point out this issue but people did complain for lack of content before it, and if DE will be focusing on such massive projects like Fortuna and POE we would be getting only one meaningful update per year

just compare Sacrifice to SD and TWW, and how they influence game, for me Sacrifice just pale, pathetic shadow of two previous chapters of trilogy, and we all know that Fortuna is responsible for that

I did not play Warframe for more then a half of year, and honestly I'm not even sure that I would be playing it after Fortuna come out

14 minutes ago, Atekron said:

dude, what you even talking about? I have literally nothing to do in warframe, I did not binge in the game like from may or so, yes maybe some yotubers point out this issue but people did complain for lack of content before it, and if DE will be focusing on such massive projects like Fortuna and POE we would be getting only one meaningful update per year

just compare Sacrifice to SD and TWW, and how they influence game, for me Sacrifice just pale, pathetic shadow of two previous chapters of trilogy, and we all know that Fortuna is responsible for that

I did not play Warframe for more then a half of year, and honestly I'm not even sure that I would be playing it after Fortuna come out

I'm talking about the fact ever since yootoobers started clickbaiting "content drought amirite???" -videos, we've been getting dozens of threads like this which only shows that people enjoy parroting popular opinions.

I'm kinda bored as well (haven't even logged in for rewards for quite some time) and I never felt like making a huge song and dance about it. No game can keep everyone entertained forever, good thing you can play other games and do other things. We're talking about a video game here, there's no reason for over-dramatic rants.

I am a new player here but the open world additions can add some new unique traits to the game what has not been there before they changed the scheme. In other games the open worlds if done right can give a lot of options like exploration, open up new spaces and give a lot of roleplay option. Business wise these open worlds can increase the playerbase drastically and reactivate the old ones aswell so possibly they can get more money to doing this. The rewards and loots are set in a low rate so ensure the player will or would likely to pay if bored the grind.

If the open world maps can share traits and you can do a lot of things in each then the devs can please a lot more people and this means more money and maybe the money would be enough to hire new staff members and that can impact the developement time and they could have enough people to work on multiple systems.

I personally hyped for the kingpin system what I saw in some streams ago " a friend of mine shown me that devstream " and I think this game have benefit in player made quests and contents aswell and if these are sandbox like and random then it can push the game lifecycle much more so the game will be less out dated. 

I think they can focus on multiple things and they do like other developers doing but when they have a sheldue the the majority will work on the main goals but they can do the side jobs aswell but in less intense. I like both the open world and closed corridores if those done right, no map holes and the map racial fine.

7 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

I'm talking about the fact ever since yootoobers started clickbaiting "content drought amirite???" -videos, we've been getting dozens of threads like this which only shows that people enjoy parroting popular opinions.

I'm kinda bored as well (haven't even logged in for rewards for quite some time) and I never felt like making a huge song and dance about it. No game can keep everyone entertained forever, good thing you can play other games and do other things. We're talking about a video game here, there's no reason for over-dramatic rants.

so, maybe then we continue to be loud to tell developers that something is wrong with how they handling their game, of course if you do care about warframe's future, and it's not over-dramatic rant - you should understand that a lot of people played this game for years and somehow passionate about it

45 minutes ago, Atekron said:

so, maybe then we continue to be loud to tell developers that something is wrong with how they handling their game, of course if you do care about warframe's future, and it's not over-dramatic rant - you should understand that a lot of people played this game for years and somehow passionate about it

Big, flashy content drops bring a big influx of new players. Guess who are the most likely to spend money in a game? New players who are still in their "honeymoon phase" with the game. You and me both are largely irrelevant as a monetizable audience. Get over it.

Edited by Guest

As a " veteran player " I don't feel this current situation so harsh because I always find new things in the game or interesting situations and " Most importantly " I play when I have mood to play. Those whom choose warframe as a main game pretty much know or should know this game was meant grind and always just that. The game can be repetitive because basically the only goal is to kill get items and repeat it. The current content is not bad and if you feel there is nothing to do then play other games and check back if you feel the time is right.

Patience and interests are important but sure who plays daily 5+ hour a game daily can easily burn the interest and the fuel to do more but there is always alternatives. New players always will find the game huge because the game constant changing, adding new content and the new players will meet the current mechanics what slows the overall progress to keep them more interested in playing. The devs can spoil this if they add more content or just make uninteresting rewards and progress slow down contents and mechanics if they do it as a force.

New players also generate more money because they need the items and mods so they might will pay for content and the elder players almost have everything so they can give away items. This is normal in every game which lived long and the core playerbase followed the game from born to "death" in this case in the progress. Peoples are bored and these kind of threads not really helps the case because it is repetitive. The players frustrate others whom wish to log into the forum and read interesting topics and also give hard time to the moderators and devs and frustrates them aswell. 

There is a lot of options to deal with this. Give feedback if you feel something is going wrong and explain it with critical eye, be patient and wait till the devs finish the current job, go and find other game / do other hobby till they finish.

9 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Based on what we've seen in streams, we have tau system (or a 'part' of it at least) coming at some point so the odds are that will not be open world. 

To be honest I'm not too worried about railjack, in all honesty I don't think railjack actually 'fits' in warframe, so I'm definitely not getting my hopes up over it because I can see it being a letdown for a lot of people.

As to more open worlds, I'm expecting 'one a year' as this seems to be the direction warframe is heading, which is fine as long as it doesn't end up like PoE has.  Having said that if that is their intention they need to increase their staffing levels as clearly there isn't enough staff to complete the amount of work needed for open world AND maintain a lower level of content for players in between massive updates. 

Increase staff get base game up-to par while making new content. They have outsourced for the Nintendo switch. It definitely can be done.

4 hours ago, lolmetimbers said:

After Fortuna, I hope that DE takes a full year to go back and polish the game properly.

You want the Forum to double on the number of content drought threads, cause we've seen what happens when they spend half a year doing mostly fixes and reworks