Yonm

Operators suits need to be reverted.

Almost every piece looks worse now and basically only fits aesthetically within their own set. e.g the Zauba Greaves which used to fit most other body suits now makes you look pantsless with anything other than the Zauba suit.

I did not think this update would just fundamentally change the way all different suit combinations would look. I think I and a lot of people found combinations that they really liked and settled on before the update. Now many of those combinations do not look the same at all and the looks that they were going for are unobtainable.

Edited by Yonm
  • Like 8
  • Applause 6
  • Upvote 35

I agree with this completely. Look at my before-and-after pictures.

Spoiler

EVQFbHV.png

It made the Zariman hood all vibrant and soggy, the zariman sleeves cool shoulder-hooks are gone, the koppra suit looks WAY different and more flat, and the koppra faulds (not previewed above) don't even connect to the suit! They hover around it. I hope some devs see this and are able to revert some of these mesh/texture changes. I don't want to look like this!

Edited by Henry1233
  • Like 3

YES. So much yes. Here are my before and after pics as well.

Spoiler

EzlTnPF.png  ubxnqh1.png

All the leggings clip through the Manduka suit now which is quite annoying too.

I'm glad to see I'm not alone in this.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 5

Agreed. I lost the martial arts style red belt of the Vahd cuirass, which makes the "loincloth" part appear to hang in the air. Instead, it now has a scarf which clips _very_ badly with the Manduka hood and looks ridiculous. It's like the operator has a bad case of flu and is keeping her neck warm at all cost.

Not good. Wasn't this tested at all? Why was this change made?

Why aren't changes like these brought in as optional new items? I'd be entirely fine with two versions of Vahd, with the new one named "Vahd alternate" or something.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

It is nice that some of the clipping issues are gone, but the change is for the worse in general. I doubt it will be reverted, but significant improvements should be made.

• Like 3

YES. PLEASE. PLEASE change them back.

I appreciate that the Koppra faulds can now theoretically be used with other sets without looking like they are hanging in midair (except not really because now the koppra set's primary color is a lot brighter, and since you cannot color pieces individually, clashes horribly with anything else. It will be blindingly bright white even if everything else is a light grey)

But the changes to how suits and hoods work need to be reverted. They are a nightmare of clipping and brokenness. And the super cool koppra hood is now a floppy mess when opened. That cannot stand. 

• Like 4

I'm shocked at how bad the changes are.

I was really happy at how my operator looked before, now it not only looks completely different but incredibly ugly and mismatched.

Unfortunately I don't have a screenshot to show the difference, these are the changes brought to my outfit with the patch:

• I now have a huge stupid collar that clips like crazy with my head gear
  • I have what looks like some sort of infested crap all over my chest, previously a plain black coat
  • My tight black trousers are now huge angular white granny pants
  • My white boots are now covered in black dirt, it looks like I just crawled out of a fire
  • The materials and colours are all mismatched

In short my operator who previously looked really damn nice now looks like they got dressed in the dark, and accidentally got stuff from a dumpster instead instead of their closet.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

I can only support that, please revert! The idea might have been a good one, but what we have now is 100% worse than before. If its not broken, dont fix it!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

The Varida Suit + Koppra Hood combo used to look positively arresting. Operators rocking that look were a common sight, so I doubt I'm the only one who liked it.

Now it...

8qHQjhq.jpg

It, uh... doesn't look great. To put it lightly.

(Also, I thought the patch notes said that animation sets for operators were now disabled when editing appearance? Because my operator still shows up in the Zenurik stance while in the editor. Did I misinterpret what DE meant?)

Edited by Balbersky
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 5

I can get behind improvements to the clipping issues. What I can't agree with is fundamentally changing the designs of items that players already purchased for plat.

Biggest issues:
- Moving "misc" objects (collars, scarfs, etc) to completely different items (e.g. the "collar" from Varida Helmet being moved to Varida Suit, or the "scarf" from the Vahd Helmet being moved to the Vahd Suit).
- Moving the "pants" from the suit to the corresponding leggings. That is, your selection of suit no longer comes with pants-- you need to select leggings for that. This makes it bloody impossible to wear a Suit and Leggings that are not part of the same set.

Normally, I'd love for DE to continue making improvements to a brand-new system such as this... but honestly, aside from the Varida suit being compatible with one or two more sets of gloves, I'm failing to see a single noteworthy upside to these changes in the first place.
I'd like to see this change reverted entirely. It's just... not good right now.

EDIT:
Here's a good summary of the problems from the subreddit.

Edited by SortaRandom
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 5

Sadly I don't seem to have a picture of my operator before these changes. But now Koppra hood is absolutely ugly and deformed when before it was nice and straight and as you can see the pants are clipping. This was supposed to be an improvement? I don't think they will revert this but it needs fixing. Otherwise I would like to ask for a refund for some of the operator clothes I bought.

2rzc80p.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Balbersky said:

Rebecca replied to a post in the Chimera Bug Report thread complaining about the operator clothing changes and said that the character team is looking into it, so there might be hope still.

She did, but I doubt they will be able to do anything beyond fixing a few clipping issues, since the new system fundamentally breaks how different suits interact with one another.

19 minutes ago, aerelm said:

Click to enlarge

Some of the shots aren't using the same colors, but all the clothing pieces are the same.

Those look awesome, more before though. Honestly I can get behind the new Ceno greaves, but mostly everything else is so bad...

I really despise how they took the waist cloth sash from the Vahd Cuirass and turned it into a neck warmer.  Don't know the specific justification behind this when they could just accessorize similar to how the Kopra Faulds are, but this completely destroys how my operator looks with the Umbra Hood.  I really enjoyed the look I had going for him.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

Varida suit used to be sleek and nice looking. It actually looked like elegant suit to be worn in a nice event.

NOW it has that horendous and bulky top piece glued onto it. Please DE, revert this change or atleast let us toggle that top piece (that clips trough the umbral scarf BTW).

I would refund this monstrosity in an instant if I just could...

• Upvote 5

Agreed.
Glad clipping is gone but that's not really what I want. It's not what I've bought also. Some things are fine this way, but most are not. Please, revert. 

• Upvote 1

It's just sincerely beyond me how anybody could have thought this was a good idea.

Personally I think that 99% of the new "designs" are way inferior to what they were in terms of style and shading, but how could they think that people would be happy to open their operator customisation panel and see the stuff they bought, BECAUSE THEY LIKED IT, for PLAT just vanished into thin air. Why????

I really hope that this will be reverted. It was a  scandalously bad way to treat paying customers, who invested into fine tuning their appearence, just to find something completely different.

It shouldn't have been done, even if it had looked better ( which judging by the screenshots it clearly doesn't ) just to respect your players' choices.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4