The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PS4] Trying to sell is like pulling teeth

(PSN)AstralSaiyan

On 2018-10-12 at 11:21 PM, MysticDragonMage said:
On 2018-10-12 at 10:38 PM, (XB1)TheNotVirus said:

Trade chat requires a lot of patience and... stress relievers, as it can be very frustrating.  However, I can tell you this.  Unranked primed mods generally go for around 50ish.  Also, wait until Baro brings in Supra Vandal.  It's pretty good, but it's not worth trying to find and buy it in trade chat.

it didn't use to be this way back then. you can collect one popular primed set, and that basically guaranteed one buyer. now, here i am with 5 primed sets on PC, and no one wants to buy even at the lowest prices (unless they are insanely low of course). its just new primes, about-to-be-vaulted primes, and rivens that are taking over the trading tab and the Bazaar, but rivens are on the highest demand since their introduction

The game has changed.

Obtaining weapons and prime parts are extremely easy now compared to what the game used to be. As DE continues to casual the experience, things have become less and less rare.

Trade had deteriorated. Now with the inclusion of being about to use all 4 dragon keys, watch as the drops even more.

Only thing I can sell are the basics, I rarely sell rivens. Filters don't help--it kind of lowers the number of eyeballs to might see what you're trying to get out of your inventory as quickly as possible. At least that is my experience on ps4. Rivens are possibly the worst because of the small inventory space AND.. you just.. they need to  let you dissolve a riven for a huge chunk of kuva at this point and I do mean huge. To complete a sortie to get a riven to then do the challenge to unlock said riven only for it to be a sentinel weapon aside, I want top be able to dissolve it and get something worth my time. you need four of them to change it into another riven but that gets back into the limited inventory space and you might not have enough room for that. I just want to be able to dissolve it for a nice chunk of endo right off the bat if it's a riven that's just garbage because the amount needs to be upped considering the circumstances of give me kuva for just dissolving it outright. but that's a whole other discussion.

I remember people pushing for an auction house but with the introduction or chat filters it might be for the best unless they remove the riven mod limit. I can't seem to get rid of some of these fast enough and with some not so appealing alternatives is they don't sell, it's warranted now. That way people can find something you're ready to just trash and get some enjoyment out of it.

On 2018-10-12 at 10:51 PM, (PS4)MegaToxic said:

I know you can use [ ] to link an item but how do I filter these rivens out?

You have to use Triangle in the trade chat and enter a term, make sure Include is flipped off when you type the item name.

If done correctly the filter will show as NOT

So for example I press Triangle, I flip the switch to off - then I type Rubico... from there it should read NOT Rubico and exclude it.  This isn't readily available information, and I too was confused about the existence of exclusion.  You have to set the Include terms before entering the item in question.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

yeah, trading on PS4 is difficult at the bets of times. after you've dug through 100 or so Riven sellers (that's not entirely hyperbole given how many people are trading Rivens at any given time), you can still end up with someone low-balling, gouging or just being downright toxic. it's why Trade Chat is an absolute last resort for me, both for Prime Parts and Platinum. Rivens are something I haven't traded for in over a year since I also only have trash ones, and there aren't any more weapons that I actively want a Riven for now.

have you considered Transmuting your Rivens? if they aren't easy to sell, might as well transmute and Gamble to see if maybe you get a good one. if not at least you'll only have to try and sell one trash Riven instead of 4. it would certainly be nice if DE were to act on this by giving Riven Traders their own chat tab, or apply filters to Rivens. sadly the only time they really act on things regarding trade chat are things that affect platinum, for obvious reasons.

still, a Tenno can dream.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

In all honesty, that is far too much work. I’ll just keep earning plat selling fish to lazy players lol

Right. Resizing a window is "too much work". Gotcha. 

4 hours ago, Lyricallee said:

Since most people selling rivens post the weapon, not the riven, filters are useless.

When they only post the weapon instead of the actual riven, the message will be something along the lines of:

wtb [Lanka] riven, wts [Arca Plasmor] riven 

In that case filters like NOT"riven" will work just fine. 

When they link the actual rivens that's when you need to filter name parts of rivens if filtering them out is so important to you. 

Name parts look like: Ampi Bin Manti Tron

I don't think that it's worth the effort as much simpler filters make a huge difference, and make the chat far more tolerable. 

17 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Right. Resizing a window is "too much work". Gotcha. 

When they only post the weapon instead of the actual riven, the message will be something along the lines of:

wtb [Lanka] riven, wts [Arca Plasmor] riven 

In that case filters like NOT"riven" will work just fine. 

When they link the actual rivens that's when you need to filter name parts of rivens if filtering them out is so important to you. 

Name parts look like: Ampi Bin Manti Tron

I don't think that it's worth the effort as much simpler filters make a huge difference, and make the chat far more tolerable. 

I’ve been trying the  NOT “riven” filter since filters came out and it never works.

40 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Do you actually see the word "riven" when it's active? Or do you see the names of the various rivens, which you would need to block name parts to make sure that you cover those?

I still see the word riven. Even filtering NOT “riven” I still see “wtb tiberon riven” for example

It takes hours to sell items if you dont lowball the price, its getting annoying having to spend hours in chat.

Me when im looking "wtb gram riven" get 100 pms of 1-2k 

Me trying to sell a gram riven get 100 pms of 200p offers. 

Edited by (PS4)timnor

half asleep over here an read it as Sarpa Vandal XD.
trade is annoying cause of the constant flood of messages in trade chat that is 90% rivens. 
if you see someone wanting to buy something you have an try to get to there name your often fighting chat to get to there name unless you reconize enough fo it to find it player list.
then there is players wanting to low ball you on stuff or just think something that was introduced through a event an still farmable but they dont want to listen.

Trade is pure salt an an will always be a rough time there having to spend hours to buy an sell

12 hours ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

I still see the word riven. Even filtering NOT “riven” I still see “wtb tiberon riven” for example

Yeah, no. I've sat in chat turning NOT"riven" it on and off and looking at the results. It's pretty clear. The only thing that's getting by is "rivs" or "riv" when I use NOT"riv" I don't get any of those. 

I get all the linked rivens, but the word riven does not appear at all. 

If you have other positive filters like CONTAINS"tiberon" or CONTAINS"wtb" then you might get that sort of message. If you have NOT"riven " you may still see the message as there's no space after riven. 

I'd suggest going through the list you've set up to be sure that it's telling the game to do what you actually want it to do. 

1) Bugger is a bad word. 

2) Simple economics, if the market is flooded with plat, then sellers can demand higher prices for the same items. When you want to buy something you'll need a lot more. You can see it in the disparity between prices for many items on PC vs console. As a seller you'll also be competing against a much larger number of people all offering the same items. 

If you think trade chat is rough right now, you ain't seen nothing yet. 

16 minutes ago, wtflag said:

Care to elaborate?

There are so many reasons why cross-trading would be awful for the game.

For one thing, bad plat would be rampant whereas consoles have strict policies against charge backs since the purchases are made through Sony and Microsoft, not DE. For another, PC has discounts that can be used to purchase plat while console only get discounts on plat when DE gives them a sale.

For another the market values are very different since plat costs are so varied between platforms. Then you have the fact that since updates are staggered it would give players that get the content first the best chance to sell at high/outrageous prices compared to those that get the same content later.

Trade chat would become worse than the pit of despair. And then you have tennogen that can be purchased with plat on consoles but not on PC.

You see why cross-trading would be a major problem, right?

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

8 hours ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

There are so many reasons why cross-trading would be awful for the game.

For one thing, bad plat would be rampant whereas consoles have strict policies against charge backs since the purchases are made through Sony and Microsoft, not DE. For another, PC has discounts that can be used to purchase plat while console only get discounts on plat when DE gives them a sale.

For another the market values are very different since plat costs are so varied between platforms. Then you have the fact that since updates are staggered it would give players that get the content first the best chance to sell at high/outrageous prices compared to those that get the same content later.

Trade chat would become worse than the pit of despair. And then you have tennogen that can be purchased with plat on consoles but not on PC.

You see why cross-trading would be a major problem, right?

Great explanation.

Then let's leave PC out. 

How about just cross-console? 

I feel that there should be more pros than cons if it is just within console?

6 hours ago, wtflag said:

Great explanation.

Then let's leave PC out. 

How about just cross-console? 

I feel that there should be more pros than cons if it is just within console?

Personally, I think the safest option would be to get crossplay working first before worrying about the potential exploits that cross-trading would bring.

53 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Personally, I think the safest option would be to get crossplay working first before worrying about the potential exploits that cross-trading would bring.

I'd assume DE thinks the same.  The economies of PC and consoles are different enough to warrant not mixing the two.  I would think they are only going to try for cross-play and not allow cross-trade at all.