Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defeat chroma is unfair, it is a big progress block.

stealthmaster_33

Defeating chroma is one of a huge progress blocks in the game, you need to know DE that if you have a big progress block on the path, people will start to give up and won't play the game again unless somehow they can break that progress block, otherwise you would probably lose some players. Grinding for defensive warframes is probably not an option because we don't want all the time to grind and grind forever to break that progress block. It's just a waste of time and credits. This level of difficulty is very unfair to the new players who want to get past this progress block and continue the story of warframe. All of the new players are complaining about it. 

7 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

Has it ever occurred to you that you're moving too fast for the content you're after? And I don't mean fast as in power leveling or farming, I mean fast as in you just did the minimum to pass but didn't push to get stronger or better.

this is happening too much. I think DE should make he lvls after an mr required terminal need this mr too

54 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

Has it ever occurred to you that you're moving too fast for the content you're after? And I don't mean fast as in power leveling or farming, I mean fast as in you just did the minimum to pass but didn't push to get stronger or better.

You know there is no way to tell how strong you are suppose to be with any given mission in warframe. Most of the best items require weeks of farming to obtain (mods) or platinum to buy. Like corrupted mods, nightmare mods lua mods, condition overload, or primed mods. These randomly drop from enemies and unless you already know that, players are simply going to access harder level content before there suppose to.

Edited by (XB1)Nightseid

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Nightseid said:

You know there is no way to tell how strong you are suppose to be with any given mission in warframe. Most of the best items require weeks of farming to obtain (mods) or platinum to buy. Like corrupted mods, nightmare mods lua mods, condition overload, or primed mods. These randomly drop from enemies and unless you already know that, players are simply going to access harder level content before there suppose to.

Did Chroma without any of those as of the 3 only corrupted mods existed when he came out.

Edit: From memory I did it with a Boltor prime  because the crit / status meta wasn't as strong. Melee was also weaker. It should be easier for you now as damage is much higher than it was then.

Edited by Solarsyphon

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Nightseid said:

There is, it's either you're breezing through or struggling to complete the mission. In the case of The New Strange quest you don't need those high-end mods, the basics is all you need (Vitality, Intensify, Stretch, Hornet Strike, vanilla element mods, Fury, Pressure Point, etc). From there it's only a matter of upgrading them. While true some may not know what they need until someone tells them this doesn't mean they shouldn't pursue to get stronger as they're progressing, whatever form that may be. 

Hello, 

To the original author of this thread, if you are referring to the last part of the new strange quest, I would suggest bringing frost and a fast high damage secondary. I would go for duration+range+power strength+the streamline mod if you have it. Use frosts snowglobe power and scan chroma from there. That is how I did it. Also, make sure that whatever frame you are using has a decent amount of tank.

I hope that helps.

В 20.10.2018 в 06:13, (XB1)Nightseid сказал:

You know there is no way to tell how strong you are suppose to be with any given mission in warframe. 

Yes there is.

If you constantly get your a** handed to you, this mission isn't for you just yet.

Цитата

These randomly drop from enemies and unless you already know that, players are simply going to access harder level content before there suppose to.

For the longest time after starting to play WF - when we had barely any primed mods that I didn't know of anywya, no blood rush, weapons were weaker, all that crp I played everything solo with a melee - some crp starting from heat daggers to regular galatin, barely using powers (cause no mods obviously). And guess what. I didn't encounter any problems. Weeeird.

You don't need any of that crp to complete any of the quests or starchat.

3 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

Yes there is.

If you constantly get your a** handed to you, this mission isn't for you just yet.

For the longest time after starting to play WF - when we had barely any primed mods that I didn't know of anywya, no blood rush, weapons were weaker, all that crp I played everything solo with a melee - some crp starting from heat daggers to regular galatin, barely using powers (cause no mods obviously). And guess what. I didn't encounter any problems. Weeeird.

You don't need any of that crp to complete any of the quests or starchat.

You know you are not disapproving my point.

11 часов назад, (XB1)Nightseid сказал:

You know you are not disapproving my point.

I did this to all of your so called points. If you cant do something it doesnt mean that something is difficult, you just suck, so level your gear, upgrade BASIC mods like vitality and stuff, fetch another warframe, read guides, try another tactic. If you still cant, git guder. Period. 

7 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

I did this to all of your so called points. If you cant do something it doesnt mean that something is difficult, you just suck, so level your gear, upgrade BASIC mods like vitality and stuff, fetch another warframe, read guides, try another tactic. If you still cant, git guder. Period. 

No you did not, your argument is simply get good. That's hardly an argument.

What is progression path to the chroma quest? Consider all the drops (& drop chances) from Vor to the Chroma, is it enough to effectively tell the player that they are improving? And how? What mastery level would a new player be to access the quest, at least MR3? Assuming the individual does not spend plat to buy slots, weapons, frames, etc - or get those wonderful potatoes that increase your mod capacity to increase your frame/weapon strength. These orokin catalyst are randomly acquired in alerts - so if a player is not aware of these then things (and they usually arent) new players will be severely underpowered and not understand why.

No game should have you go out to 3rd party resources to figure it out, unless designed to do so (i.e. secert world).

No game should make feel as if you have to pay to skip/win to progress.

The get good argument is not a vaild argument. With that mindset new players will get bored and likely abandon the game as it would take weeks or months before they feel any sort of actual progression. I remember taking a 3 month hiatus from warframe (when I was a new player, during the prime volt days for xbox) because progression was not clearly explained but returned due to visual design of the game. Luckily the rails update has helped with essence of progression.

On 2018-10-19 at 11:05 PM, stealthmaster_33 said:

Defeating chroma is one of a huge progress blocks in the game, you need to know DE that if you have a big progress block on the path, people will start to give up and won't play the game again unless somehow they can break that progress block, otherwise you would probably lose some players. Grinding for defensive warframes is probably not an option because we don't want all the time to grind and grind forever to break that progress block. It's just a waste of time and credits. This level of difficulty is very unfair to the new players who want to get past this progress block and continue the story of warframe. All of the new players are complaining about it. 

It does sound like a build issue as I have seen no complaints about this mission in forever. It has been a while since I did it but I don't remember it giving me any trouble at all (other than not bringing enough codex scanners on the first try!). I'll be the first to admin I'm far from the best player around and I play solo so I can't even rely on being carried.

Try posting a little more information about which frame a weapons you are bringing and the builds you are using so we can help.

19 hours ago, (XB1)Nightseid said:

No you did not, your argument is simply get good. That's hardly an argument.

What is progression path to the chroma quest? Consider all the drops (& drop chances) from Vor to the Chroma, is it enough to effectively tell the player that they are improving? And how? What mastery level would a new player be to access the quest, at least MR3? Assuming the individual does not spend plat to buy slots, weapons, frames, etc - or get those wonderful potatoes that increase your mod capacity to increase your frame/weapon strength. These orokin catalyst are randomly acquired in alerts - so if a player is not aware of these then things (and they usually arent) new players will be severely underpowered and not understand why.

No game should have you go out to 3rd party resources to figure it out, unless designed to do so (i.e. secert world).

The get good argument is not a vaild argument. With that mindset new players will get bored and likely abandon the game as it would take weeks or months before they feel any sort of actual progression. I remember taking a 3 month hiatus from warframe (when I was a new player, during the prime volt days for xbox) because progression was not clearly explained but returned due to visual design of the game. Luckily the rails update has helped with essence of progression.

I spent a lot of time playing with random frames, using random weapons, spending no money, not trading, having 0 reactors & catalysts and I beat chroma quest first try solo. Don't remember what I had to do there but the point is the quests definitely wasn't difficult if it could be done with random gear that most likely wasn't even at level 30 at the point. If anything, one thing that I do remember is that chroma was rather $&*&*#(%&ed like it had problems to even notice I'm nearby.

So "get good" argument is very valid. Also "check wiki for advice if desperate" is another argument that some people doesn't like, but it's a good one anyways.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Black_Adder_ said:

I spent a lot of time playing with random frames, using random weapons, spending no money, not trading, having 0 reactors & catalysts and I beat chroma quest first try solo. Don't remember what I had to do there but the point is the quests definitely wasn't difficult if it could be done with random gear that most likely wasn't even at level 30 at the point. If anything, one thing that I do remember is that chroma was rather $&*&*#(%&ed like it had problems to even notice I'm nearby.

So "get good" argument is very valid. Also "check wiki for advice if desperate" is another argument that some people doesn't like, but it's a good one anyways.

Was the bare bones path to the new strange voluntary?  Or was it to my point that warframe is still not intutive enough to new players to understand they may not strong enough for certain content?

I'm not questioning whether you actually completed bare bones  nor am I questioning whether the new strange's difficulty. 

il y a 21 minutes, (XB1)Nightseid a dit :

Was the bare bones path to the new strange voluntary?  Or was it to my point that warframe is still not intutive enough to new players to understand they may not strong enough for certain content?

-Temp0- already said it: if you're getting wrecked, you're too weak for that content. Simple.

How to "not be weak"? Git gud. Play the stuff you're actualy able to complete and get mods, ressources, etc. in order to upgrade your mods and arsenal so at some point you can do the content that was too hard for you the first time. You can't just advance in the starchart without interruption expecting to always be strong enough for the next mission just because you did the previous one. 

When I did TNS, I was MR6 with Oberon, Drakgoon (or was it Vectis?) and Dex weapons. I had basic mods and few were upgraded past rank 5-6 except maybe Vitality, Serration and Hornet Strike. Guess what? I did it solo without any issue. That was 3 years ago, waaaaayyy before Oberon's rework. 

Le 19/10/2018 à 19:13, (XB1)Nightseid a dit :

Those are completely unnecessary. We're not talking about Sorties or ESO. We're talking about a lvl~15-25 (can't remember) quest. It's barely half the level of enemies on Sedna/Pluto/Eris. And besides, Lua/Corrupted/Nightmare mods can only be farmed on missions that are usualy more difficult than this particular quest, so in theorie you should farm them after the quest.

Le 24/10/2018 à 11:07, (XB1)Nightseid a dit :

Good thing Warframe isn't pay to win then. Serioulsy, where does that statement come from? Nobody in this thread said that you had to buy anything to progress. 

1 hour ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

-Temp0- already said it: if you're getting wrecked, you're too weak for that content. Simple.

How to "not be weak"? Git gud. Play the stuff you're actualy able to complete and get mods, ressources, etc. in order to upgrade your mods and arsenal so at some point you can do the content that was too hard for you the first time. You can't just advance in the starchart without interruption expecting to always be strong enough for the next mission just because you did the previous one. 

When I did TNS, I was MR6 with Oberon, Drakgoon (or was it Vectis?) and Dex weapons. I had basic mods and few were upgraded past rank 5-6 except maybe Vitality, Serration and Hornet Strike. Guess what? I did it solo without any issue. That was 3 years ago, waaaaayyy before Oberon's rework. 

Those are completely unnecessary. We're not talking about Sorties or ESO. We're talking about a lvl~15-25 (can't remember) quest. It's barely half the level of enemies on Sedna/Pluto/Eris. And besides, Lua/Corrupted/Nightmare mods can only be farmed on missions that are usualy more difficult than this particular quest, so in theorie you should farm them after the quest.

Good thing Warframe isn't pay to win then. Serioulsy, where does that statement come from? Nobody in this thread said that you had to buy anything to progress. 

What do all the beginner/new players have in common? They all pretty much describe that warframe is overwhelming, intimidating and provides little guidance. It has come a long way since 3 years ago but there are still gaps.

https://www.pcgamer.com/warframe-guide/

Or 

Or the other countless guides out there.

From what I remember, the only reason I had an issue with chroma was because I didnt bring enough scanner charges, and had to leave and redo part of the quest. I dont remember what frame I used, probably volt since hes the only frame I had for a while, but I definitely didnt have great mods or great gear, its not that difficult, just run around the room and get scans while your able, dont stay in his line of sight too long

15 hours ago, (XB1)Nightseid said:

I'm not questioning whether you actually completed bare bones  nor am I questioning whether the new strange's difficulty.

I don't know. I am the new player that plays the game for two months and have completed all nodes and all quests. Was there moments when I had questions about some core concepts of WF? No. Was there moments when I had questions about some very specific aspect of WF? Yes. And I found my answers by googling up forums or wiki in 2-3 minutes OR OPENING CODEX every time. Is WF difficult? No, it has very simple and straightforward quests and other content. Is it possible to beat content in WF undergeared? Yes, most stuff in the game can be done even with absolute crap gear (only sorties and eidolons require player to actually be geared).

For example, I did Jordas precept with lvl 20 Amesha archwing that had base weapons and it took me half an hour because I could barely do any damage to golem. But that's the point - the WF quests are so simple that you can beat them naked with a stick in your hand. I have no decent archwing mods, but all I needed was figuring out how to survive and patience to slowly kill the guy because I didn't want to waste time grinding for archwing stuff or spend platinum for it.

On 2018-10-20 at 1:05 AM, stealthmaster_33 said:

Chroma rekt me on this quest 😄  #neverforget