Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The new war is going to be great, and i hate it.

Zereffcps

Wait a minute and read it all before you rage at me.Its not like i hate cinematic quests, i hate how its being done.Its just never worth it.Yeah, they are awesome, buts its a 2 hour content at best after months of waiting.Im tires of this annual drop of content.I wanted to be a hardcore warframe player but when i tried to take this game seriously i run out of things to do in a month.What im a suposed to grind for?The only boss battle who put a smile on me was lephantis but we all powercreeped to a point the poor thing is but a joke.When i reached the point of avoiding to geting stronger just so i can have any chalenge, its when i started to be one of the players that only go back when we get new lore.Its because of people like me that every new cinemayic quest the player count arise and drops back to normal.We go back, consume our annual piece of wf lore, and continue our lives.And i dont want that.I want to play this game, but what i am suposed to do when i get months between logins and the only updtates i missed was 2 rounds of tenogen?Where are the new raids, new bosses, new anything?And sure, the new updates will be excellent, but unless this game builds any momentum, i will be forced to stay just an annual casual, wich is sad.This game has such potential but it aways feel like the devs fail to find ways to keep the people after they get here.

Well ever since Plains of Eidolon, the "big open world" has been the recipe for Warframe.

Fortuna is going to release in a few weeks (which is great).

I just wonder what the next recipe is going to be when we're tired of big open worlds.

Edited by Fishyflakes

13 minutes ago, Fishyflakes said:

Well ever since Plains of Eidolon, the "big open world" has been the recipe for Warframe.

Fortuna is going to release in a few weeks (which is great).

I just wonder what the next recipe is going to be when we're tired of big open worlds.

Probably space battles. (Railjack) or a new solar system to explore but will be released in bits (Tau system with sentient units). Or maybe they overhual conclave

Cinematic quests take time to be made, and its not like we don’t get any new content meanwhile.

the content drought we experienced so far is mainly due to the numerous fixes, reworks, revamps etc we got in the past 2 years.  And it was very needed, and there is still a long way to go.

but at the point we are now the game is more polished than ever and we still didn’t get our hands on melee 3.0 and revamped gas city. Both at good stage of progress and upcoming.

37 minutes ago, Zereffcps said:

Wait a minute and read it all before you rage at me.Its not like i hate cinematic quests, i hate how its being done.Its just never worth it.Yeah, they are awesome, buts its a 2 hour content at best after months of waiting.Im tires of this annual drop of content.I wanted to be a hardcore warframe player but when i tried to take this game seriously i run out of things to do in a month.What im a suposed to grind for?The only boss battle who put a smile on me was lephantis but we all powercreeped to a point the poor thing is but a joke.When i reached the point of avoiding to geting stronger just so i can have any chalenge, its when i started to be one of the players that only go back when we get new lore.Its because of people like me that every new cinemayic quest the player count arise and drops back to normal.We go back, consume our annual piece of wf lore, and continue our lives.And i dont want that.I want to play this game, but what i am suposed to do when i get months between logins and the only updtates i missed was 2 rounds of tenogen?Where are the new raids, new bosses, new anything?And sure, the new updates will be excellent, but unless this game builds any momentum, i will be forced to stay just an annual casual, wich is sad.This game has such potential but it aways feel like the devs fail to find ways to keep the people after they get here.

Since you've only tried a third of the warframes and a third of the weapons I'm pretty sure you have plenty of stuff to do. Veteran players with close to 2k hours in the game run out of stuff to do. That's not going to happen to you anytime soon since you refuse to do anything that actually requires a grind.

1 hour ago, orangescythe1990 said:

Since you've only tried a third of the warframes and a third of the weapons I'm pretty sure you have plenty of stuff to do. Veteran players with close to 2k hours in the game run out of stuff to do. That's not going to happen to you anytime soon since you refuse to do anything that actually requires a grind.

Yeah, this.  DE wants you to experience everything the game has to offer in terms of content.

If you are boatracing to get to whatever “endgame” you think you’ve achieved, I’m calling your bluff on having at least tried all aspects...

If you are discerning about what you will and won’t try or do within the game, then ok.  But let’s not act like you’ve maxed your Mod Library, maxxed focus schools, have all frames and weapons, maxxed POE content, etc...

And I’m not talking about grinding Conclave, either.

*yawn* drought post

Reworked corpus gas map with new story or event to explain damage I believe, after fortuna. Fortuna spider bosses that control different sections of the map and apparently each have their own gimmick. Railjack and some actual co-op and Yadda Yadda stuff and things. Lets lament about the possible future of a year they wont likely duplicate because they know.

I'm under the impression that the New War is going to be more than just a cinematic main quest. It will have that for sure, a story about Sentients, Lotus, Ballas etc. but seems to me that since a new solar system will be introduced there will be more of the "permanent" type of content, with nodes on Tau planets or bases and things like that. The build-up for the New War has been significant so far, with gameplay elements being introduced because of it: the Umbra Warframe, the new mod polarities, the new mods themselves (with "Tau Resistance") and recently Paracesis with its new and unique flavor of stats. I do not think these are introduced for a cinematic quest alone, but to expand the core gameplay into new directions.

3 hours ago, orangescythe1990 said:

Are seriously saying that weapons are content?How exactly using 20 asault rifles that feel the same are going to be any fun, when a weak weapon like the braton prime is more than enough to beat up 95% of the content in the game?I am actively choosing to use the weaker option for this game have any challenge.A good grinding game haves places to farm in and places to farm for.There is no place in the game that requires a really endgame build right now.I could go farm eidolons but for what? Get arcanes to....... farm more eidolons?

You people are talking of forging every weapon in the game like its actual content and thats just sad.Why should i go for gram prime when my "big ass sword" role is already filled with galatine prime who is already more overpowered than a melee have the right to be?Im totally fine spending hundred of hour grinding masses of mobs, but give me a goal.Bosses in this game die as fast as the regular bombard.I had a piece of hope with the introduction of the eidolons but when i noticed that the last layer of bosses are the ones who now drops arcanes, aka a farm spot that people will find ways to exploit and speed run, and there was nothing bigger to hunt after, i just quited the game until the next cinematic lore.And a comunity who thinks that shiny overpowered versions of already overpowered weapons is part of the problem.I want to be rekt by a boss and think "wow, i shoud farm more and max my equips".And i never felt this.Never since first week.

Can...you learn to break up your walls of text? Paragraphing is your friend, seriously. And a friend to most people's eyes, especially before 5 am.

Also, this isn't a game for blowing through. You blow your wad, you lose out immensely in the long run cause you end up in your self-perceived spiral of "drought".

Set challenges for yourself then if its so "boring" for you. Raids were a wash, that isn't coming back for a good long while. They rework bosses when they find the time, be patient.

And if you can't find yourself to "slow down and enjoy the game", I suggest coming back after a while to let it build up.

This game is best classified as an indie title, it's FAR from a AAA game, difference being the dev team actually cares about it but there's no budget of millions from a publisher to make use of and the team is smaller as well. Take that into account prior to adding to the waves of posts crying about "what do i do now?" >_>

4 hours ago, Zereffcps said:

Warframe isn't for players that speed through new content in a few hours (which as you well know takes ages to create & test). Maybe you should find a new game that does weekly / monthly major updates to keep you happy?

Far too many players that think Warframe is about maxing efficiency and doing everything as quickly as possible (and ignoring anything that isn't meta, or outside your preferred play style). If you're one of these, then this game isn't for you and you will only suffer more disappointment in future.

So this is another announcement like: "This party sucks, I'm leaving, but will return to get my piece of cake", ok, got it.
You are free to leave, no one is holding you against your will.  

Unfortunately, if you are not interested in grinding/levelling new stuff, then you are not interested, it's that simple, maybe a different game will satisfy your needs.  

Edited by Cephalon_9.52

53 minutes ago, Zereffcps said:

Are seriously saying that weapons are content?How exactly using 20 asault rifles that feel the same are going to be any fun, when a weak weapon like the braton prime is more than enough to beat up 95% of the content in the game?I am actively choosing to use the weaker option for this game have any challenge.A good grinding game haves places to farm in and places to farm for.There is no place in the game that requires a really endgame build right now.I could go farm eidolons but for what? Get arcanes to....... farm more eidolons?

You'll have to define what you consider content ssince literally nothing in the game so far is content according to you. Eidolons which you've never fought before because you already know it'll be too easy, Open world areas, new tilesets, weapons or warframes, none of this is content according to you.

I have difficulty figuring out exactly what you consider content.

6 hours ago, Cephalon_9.52 said:

So this is another announcement like: "This party sucks, I'm leaving, but will return to get my piece of cake", ok, got it.
You are free to leave, no one is holding you against your will.  

Unfortunately, if you are not interested in grinding/levelling new stuff, then you are not interested, it's that simple, maybe a different game will satisfy your needs.  

Did you even read?I just want something to fight that dont blow up in miliseconds.

6 hours ago, orangescythe1990 said:

You'll have to define what you consider content ssince literally nothing in the game so far is content according to you. Eidolons which you've never fought before because you already know it'll be too easy, Open world areas, new tilesets, weapons or warframes, none of this is content according to you.

I have difficulty figuring out exactly what you consider content.

I never said PoE wasnt content, or that eidolons would be too easy.Poe was content but it was a type of project that consumes too much time and dont deliver an equivalent time of content.Fortuna is a project of the same scope, and for fortune to get done, after PoE dropped, there was no content in the game at all.PoE WAS content but DE is not big enough to keep releasing it at an decent pace.If a episodic game like Hitmand did release a new chapter each year insted of each 3-4 months, do you think people would remember it exist after the second or third episode?Old warframe events and quests were less glorious but were constantly, id rather eat an apple a day than have a feast today and die starving after a week.

7 minutes ago, Zereffcps said:

Did you even read?I just want something to fight that dont blow up in miliseconds.

Be creative. Challenge yourself. Restrict your choices to bring to a mission. See if you can beat lephantis with melee only. Do solo sorties daily. 

And if all that fails, as other people have said, conclave.

1 hour ago, voltocitygel said:

See if you can beat lephantis with melee only.

I tried that once, but I don't know if I was doing something wrong, but I swear it wouldn't let me jump-attack into his mouths 😕

Either way, I for whatever reason am not too dramatically affected by content drought. Not sure why.

26 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I tried that once, but I don't know if I was doing something wrong, but I swear it wouldn't let me jump-attack into his mouths 😕

Either way, I for whatever reason am not too dramatically affected by content drought. Not sure why.

It's only really doable with glaive and gunblade melees. I mention it because it was crazy when it was the final mission in a sortie before they removed melee only assassinations. Actually, this was why, since most people weren't able to accomplish it and complained accordingly. 

1 minute ago, voltocitygel said:

It's only really doable with glaive and gunblade melees. I mention it because it was crazy when it was the final mission in a sortie before they removed melee only assassinations. Actually, this was why, since most people weren't able to accomplish it and complained accordingly. 

Duly noted. I'll try it sometime though, should be fun. I think I have seen someone do a run melee only with the Skana, though it was only the second phase.