Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

garuda is way too expensive

Zxephyr

12 minutes ago, HellDevil said:

she isen't hard to grind, u got to be lucky with mining, or going to areas which players pointed out where to get those orb parts. plus grinding fortuna rank isen't hard. 

Solaris reputation is the same as ostron reputation. I dont see the difference apart form the location of the bounty. People are just loosing they minds due a content that only have 4 days. in one month there will no be a Garuda is too expensive or this rep cap is too un-fun thread anymore. 

4 days people, only 4 days....

Le 10/11/2018 à 22:21, Chronometria a dit :

Considering that frames take several days to build, I think most of us are very patient. Its just very strange that we effectively have to "finish fortuna" to get a frame. Gara was an equivalent frame for ostron faction and she didn't need the same high rank. Solaris Rank 3 would have been tolerable, but beyond that is basically asking someone to rush the experience and I`d rather take my time playing through fortuna.

No offense but this is no DE's concerns if modern players can't wait for anything anywhere anytime - We're speaking about a week for the reputation only, two if you're low MR. People have waited way more than that to get arcanes or even plague zaws and still some impatient ones are angry cause they can't get their toy day one. Just a hint, learn patience and it'll save you a lot of frustration for a lifetime.

I don't see why DE should even care about that anyway since you can also buy Garuda with plat, and if you're waiting you'll get her for free. And still complaining though. This is a free-to-play game, not your christmas tree. 😮

Edited by 000l000

Il y a 6 heures, (XB1)Cubic Clem a dit :

I agree that Garuda is way too expensive.. I mean, to get her I need to pay around 1500 to 2000 dollars for a decent PC to play her. RIDICULOUS!

I'm playing with a 2400G APU, default cooler in a low-noise case (which mean it never hits its advertise performance), no GPU but low res because of my very old screen (that isn't even 1080p, I play in 1180x720 because of the odd screen ratio). If I turn the "memory" setting down to low (which doesn't affect anything as far as I can see ?) I can play this game in high setting, 60fps and in Fortuna I have some framerate issue here and there but it's near stable. So I don't see how this is an argument and hope it was a joke (in which case, yeay for my autism).

Funny thing. I got the resources already. I just need those bps to refine my gems and Ill be good to go. will most likely have her in my inventory by Saturday due to my MR allowing me to get large amounts of standing a day even though I'm kind of dragging ass on doing it. Like I just was passively getting the resources and I was like.

"Oh, I got the stuff already to build her. Imagine that."

3 hours ago, xcenic said:

I'm not used to disagreeing with the improvements, but in this case I have to defend Digital extreme. As?
Giving my humble opinion:
This content, incredible and beautiful content given to us for free is a work of art which we must appreciate, to run it on the side would not be fair to admire this beauty called Fortuna.

I repeat as I said in other posts, bounty, fish, mining, skate, play without being aware of a goal rather than having a good time.
I play 2 hours a day and have only played 3 days since my fortune was released, in total I have less than 10 hours of games and with that time:

1. I have rank 3 solaris
2. I have enough materials to build garuda, I have garuda plans.
3. I have 2 moas
4. I have a level 12 skateboard
5. I have 3 kit guns
and a lot of materials, plus the entertaining time I spent.

Passively playing will reward you with what you need slowly, Rushing to a goal leads to anxiety. Remember also that in the future they will be giving touches to improve their fortune.

Have a good day my dear Tenno.

Edit: if you are below the MR20 you are supposed to have a lot of content to visit, many more things to ask and try, I see many MR under 15 claiming fortunately, when we know that from MR15 to MR20 there are around 30 weapons or more.
I'm MR25 almost 26, and fortune is a pilgrimage to my MR26 which I assume as a religious experience.

I'm with you man. I've been just breezing through Fortuna. Not in a hurry. I start off my daily session with my Tenno meditating on top of one of the giant mushrooms for a few second, looking off into the distance. XD

On 2018-11-10 at 2:34 AM, Zxephyr said:

garuda having parts that cost stuff, that you can only get at rank 4 with the Solaris is absolutely ridiculous, especially with the way standing works the grind shouldn't be this bad, to get gara you only need to be offworlder(rank 1) this is too much garuda is way too grindy to get. BAD DE😢

Just buy her with plat like everyone else xD

• 4 weeks later...
On 2018-11-09 at 8:51 PM, Oreades said:

You realize that the point of contention isn't the grind because theoretically the grind itself isn't that bad...... it's the time gates, you know those things where the game sits you down and says nothing you do from this point on will get you any closer to your goal until server reset in X hours. Timegates are the literal antithesis of gameplay. 

Warframes already have a built in Timegate in the Three (or is it four?) day sit and wait period after you grind them and their resources. Garuda comes with an additional ~week+ buffer gate (depending on your MR) before you get to waiting for those ~three days for her to build before you can use her. At that point you've long since finished gathering all her components and proto-resources, the bulk being spent waiting out the clock, several of them. 

That's getting into Smurfberries territory. 

Yeah, I realize the extra wait is the point of contention. But once again, this can be surpassed by purchasing her in the marketplace. Warframe also has a robust trading system so one not even need to purchase platinum to buy her. DE has to get revenue from somewhere, so giving a nice advantage to purchasing her and other frames does just that. 

There are certain frames that are just more difficult/less desirable to farm i.e. Harrow. But there are plenty that are extremely easy. I undrstand the frustration if it's tempered, measured because this is a F2P game. It's when ppl go overboard that I feel it's important to remember that this is really fair game when it comes to F2P. 

43 minutes ago, z3us32610 said:

Yeah, I realize the extra wait is the point of contention. But once again, this can be surpassed by purchasing her in the marketplace. Warframe also has a robust trading system so one not even need to purchase platinum to buy her. DE has to get revenue from somewhere, so giving a nice advantage to purchasing her and other frames does just that. 

There are certain frames that are just more difficult/less desirable to farm i.e. Harrow. But there are plenty that are extremely easy. I undrstand the frustration if it's tempered, measured because this is a F2P game. It's when ppl go overboard that I feel it's important to remember that this is really fair game when it comes to F2P. 

Can you even trade the refined resources? Tho even if you can you'd still need to sit and wait for someone to reach T4 standing so they can buy the blueprints. At this point that would be a non issue if you can trade them however that would have done nothing for the issue at Fortunas launch. Which means you had ground for the blueprints, you'd gathered all the raw materials aaaaand you just couldn't do anything with them. 

I dunno for me that scenario crossed a line between wanting to buy a frame because "hey why not" or "I wanna support the devs" and into "this feels like I'm being bullied into the cash shop" territory. Cause that wait was totally redundant because after you've gathered everything you need to gather (assuming you could process it) you still have to wait the standard 3 day crafting period. 

Honestly if it hadn't been for the timegate to T4 resource requirement (and the fact that my sigil slots are all claimed)  I'd have probably picked up the Garuda collection when Fortuna dropped because the blood Sigil sounded really cool and why not. After finding out about the whole double time gating thing I wanted no part of that transaction. Still ended up spending a ~300-400ish plat on other stuff but that stuff was not Garuda. 

i just wan't to point out that its faster to farm relics, open them, sell stuff you get even for 5-10 plat and buy for that garuda rather then farm standing and resources to craft garuda.

At same time, i want to point out that when i realized i need that marquise thyst or star amarast which will take time to even get standing to unlock that tier to get even blueprint for them.
But in the end i waited even longer to craft harrow, equinox, ivara, oberon or even vauban.
And after you craft it its not like you really need them as fast as possible and it's not like it feel now so expensive.

Just look how many warframes we have or like how long you need to play to get excalibur umbra.
How long you need to grind to get any magus or virtuos to get it to level 3.

But once you get it, it really feels like it don't matters.

On 2018-11-12 at 8:29 PM, Spectre-8 said:

Just buy her with plat like everyone else xD

Whatchu on about, dude? I got my Garuda straight from the oven. And like a just baked cake: she was warm and fluffy to the touch.

Not like those cold and mass produced cakes we get in stores.

4 hours ago, Oreades said:

Can you even trade the refined resources? Tho even if you can you'd still need to sit and wait for someone to reach T4 standing so they can buy the blueprints. At this point that would be a non issue if you can trade them however that would have done nothing for the issue at Fortunas launch. Which means you had ground for the blueprints, you'd gathered all the raw materials aaaaand you just couldn't do anything with them. 

I dunno for me that scenario crossed a line between wanting to buy a frame because "hey why not" or "I wanna support the devs" and into "this feels like I'm being bullied into the cash shop" territory. Cause that wait was totally redundant because after you've gathered everything you need to gather (assuming you could process it) you still have to wait the standard 3 day crafting period. 

Honestly if it hadn't been for the timegate to T4 resource requirement (and the fact that my sigil slots are all claimed)  I'd have probably picked up the Garuda collection when Fortuna dropped because the blood Sigil sounded really cool and why not. After finding out about the whole double time gating thing I wanted no part of that transaction. Still ended up spending a ~300-400ish plat on other stuff but that stuff was not Garuda. 

I gotcha. And like I said, I understand the displeasure with how long the wait was to farm her. I'm sure DE tries to walk a fine line between being a fair F2P game and generating sufficient revenue. I think history has shown they definitely try to be fair. They are human beings after all, so they will miscalculate from time to time. Fortuna was a HUGE update that likely required a lot of resources and expenditures on DE's part, so they likely had to calculate how they were going to justify a job like Fortuna by bringing in new revenue. 

As for feeling "bullied," I do not wish to invalidate how you feel, but isn't that a little unfair? At no point is it a requirement to possess her to accomplish anything in the game. When a new warframe is released, there is a huge anticipation to play with the new toy, but it is not a requirement in any way.

As for me, playing it right away or 2 weeks later is a choice I have. I have the option to do either, and I didn't see the wait as an issue. I could understand others having a problem with the wait, but to me that is a symptom of being impatient. 

As I said before, I understand the frustration with the wait, but having a little patience and understanding that DE needs to generate revenue to help pay for this huge undertaking could really. go a long way. Sure, maybe they overshot the timegate to get her a bit, but some of the criticisms are unfair I believe. 

As for your question about trading, I believe you can trade for the refined resources as well as trade for the unrefined ones. I'm positive you can trade for the refined, not postive you can trade for the unrefined. Even still, this would not help in the beginning because one would have to wait til the highest MR players are able to purchase the blueprint in order to have them available to purchase, as you pointed out. 

Edited by z3us32610
updated, more thorough answer