Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

garuda is way too expensive

Zxephyr

8 minutes ago, Thelk641 said:

But but but walter100, why should new content be available day 1 ? "Just play the game and you'll get to it."

I mean if these kind of arguments worked for previous new content, I don't see why this would be different. We can't at the same time scream at DE because we want stuff that let veterans show that they are veterans and nolifes show that they are nolifes, (nearly) unobtainable content, prohibitive costs, new content that actually takes you more than a day to go through, and then when DE does it, scream at them again because we want content that we can entirely access in a day.

I agree with the point of view of this being absurd, just like the main quest sword costing ducats was absurd, but at some point, we have to acknowledge the fact that the majority of the community either doesn't care or support these kind of things. Get used to it.

Are you saying that we have to accept everything that the DE launches ?? We are here to complain and improve the game, just as the complaining staff has lowered the price of Moa from 500k share to 50k shares

Many of the people who accept everything that the DE launches, are in the comfortable area, There are Credits to spare to pay 2kk in a pet that does not know if it is good, There is enough platinum to buy the warframe bundle and so it goes, these people will not suffer anything so why not accept ??

12 minutes ago, 000l000 said:

We're all going to get max Solaris reputation at some point anyway so who cares ? Nobody ever taught you patience ?

Considering that frames take several days to build, I think most of us are very patient. Its just very strange that we effectively have to "finish fortuna" to get a frame. Gara was an equivalent frame for ostron faction and she didn't need the same high rank. Solaris Rank 3 would have been tolerable, but beyond that is basically asking someone to rush the experience and I`d rather take my time playing through fortuna.

20 hours ago, LupisV0lk said:

I call BS.

If anything it's more grindy than what it needs to be let alone when compared to PoE.

Fortuna:                                                               | PoE
> Main Rep attached has quazilion of efficient    | >Main rep require alot of effort to actually cap out

methods of capping daily rep alot of which          |

require virtually no effort                                       |

>you get tools that allows you to get 99%            | >tools for alot of resources are rep-gated

of resources upfront for little price                        |

>fishing baits are bought premade                       | >you need to craft baits from recipies requiring previous baited

| species  materials

>some MR parts to get                                          |> more MR parts to get

sorry but the only thing that can even think of getting fortuna more "grindy" than PoE is that anti-spider rep items are farmed atm from mobs, while anti eidolon rep drops from hunting eidolons, but that's because big-spider hunting is not yet implemented into the game and PoE dropped to my knowledge with fully functional teralyst hunts on launch.

now for opinion parts - in PoE personally for most of time I've struggled with hitting daily rep caps to progress onto the plains and get things I want. In Fortuna I am hitting those timegates with no real effort being mostly held back by timegates.

As for garuda costs..... somebody remind me please for comparision gara costs?

edit: ah reading up posts above it seems much lower, well then I'd say imo it should be be made to use comparable tier materials as gara.

Edited by Elenortirie

il y a une heure, walter100 a dit :

Are you saying that we have to accept everything that the DE launches ?? We are here to complain and improve the game, just as the complaining staff has lowered the price of Moa from 500k share to 50k shares

Many of the people who accept everything that the DE launches, are in the comfortable area, There are Credits to spare to pay 2kk in a pet that does not know if it is good, There is enough platinum to buy the warframe bundle and so it goes, these people will not suffer anything so why not accept ??

Well, what I'm saying is this : the last big update, we had a sword that costed ducats, which was a first. The call for this to be changed, or at least to lower the cost was drowned with people saying 1k ducat wasn't enough for late-game content and that people who don't want to farm shouldn't be playing this game in the first place. When elite alert was announced, people were crying for something to do.

Now, they try something else : time gating. Be ready to be drowned in people saying if you're not ready to farm a little bit every day you shouldn't be playing this game in the first place. This is the community Warframe, or at least this forum, has : people who have spent 100s of hours on this game and want this to be reflected in the stuff they have access to. As you say, these people will not suffer, so why bother ? In the discussion about the sword, there was people saying they have 1000s of ducats and 100s of plat so if they want to make the next update cost plat they wouldn't be against it : this is the kind of community we have.

I've been looking from time to time at what people are asking for : they've asked for this, specifically. They've asked for items that cost a lot of resources, we got a sword that requires ducats. They've asked for items that noobs and casual can't get, at least for a while, we got a frame that is time-gated. You can't blame DE for doing what people are asking for.

Does that mean you have to stop posting and accept that this is the new norm ? No, no one is stopping you from screaming here. What I'm saying is that either the majority or a very loud minority have asked for this specifically and there's no reason for DE to change.

I mean yes, they've changed the moa. Have they changed the sword ? Or Revenant ? Or the usual group of Nidus, Harrow, Hema... ? Or have they stopped doing reputation-based new content because people were saying they were tired of it after the last little events ? In this list, which one are the norm and which one is the exception ? I want to wrong, but I don't think I am.

3 hours ago, TicTacTaco said:

Maybe I was just luckily, but I found that spending roughly 15 minutes in each area that drops them was enough to get what I needed as long as I allowed my wanted level to go up.

Yeah I recant what I said previously. I was just getting slapped by RNGesus there for a while.

1 hour ago, Kyoresh said:

its the same, but smaller and less. Im already on Rank 3 with all needed BPs 

The BPs can be acquired in 3 missions. That's not the problem. The problem is having to grind the rep with solaris when you're daily capped no matter what your MR. And I dont want to be forced into that much grind. That's worse than trying to get them Miter from Vor and the Lt. This is becoming too grindy. And who's Idea was it to disallow weapons while riding a skateboard? Just make it where the heavier weapons knock you off like the knockdown from an NPC. Even a 0 Archwing lets you fire your weapons.

Edit: The reason isnt balance or getting you to play 4 Starkist. It's that you can bypass all of that and spend real money to BUY the frame.

Edited by ThumpumGood

5 hours ago, Zxephyr said:

not complaining about the grind , i can do the grind its the fact that the standing system is trash and people who dont have the luxury of being high mr have to wait 2 days to get from t1 to t2 with solaris is fricking ridiculous. being mr 17 isn't bad when it comes to grinding standing but still im thinking of the newer players so ya.

That's the point I think. DE tends to overdo the grind on some frames, and while it's not always the case I'm inclined to believe that, like primes, they want to make buying them more appealing at first and then tone down the grind later. Maybe they'll tone it down in days or a week or two, possibly even a month. But outside of Hema-tier farming I don't see a point in complaining about how difficult it is to acquire something the free method in a free game that has already provided the shortcut via the store. They gotta pay for the absurd hours they put in to make this refreshing oasis in a market full of lootbox addicted sellouts that make money instead of video games.

Edited by Beartornado

58 minutes ago, kambinks said:

Yeah.. Make stuff easier to grind for. Can't wait to make those content drought threads cause I want everything in fortuna done in a day. Where are those new amps. Gotta kill those spiders by lunch time DE!  

Time gates are not content.

23 minutes ago, marelooke said:

Time gates are not content.

No. But its needed to ration the players progress so they keep them playing while developers make more content. Something that free to play games need to survive especially one thats content driven like warframe. Unlike games like mobas and shooters where the game is based of competition, Warframe relies on resource grinding and content to keep the player logging on. Content that takes months to produce and in the mean time need to add more mini contents to distract the players while producing more elaborate stuff.

Over eager 24 hour playing players that play the game like addicts rush through everything then later demands more stuff to do to fill their addiction. Later complains about the games too easy because they breezed through everything and demand more from a free game. 

On 2018-11-10 at 12:40 AM, Kyoresh said:

well that might be true, but if DE agrees with that opinion it will most likely Change soon,  just like the Moa Credit cost.

But over all Fortuna is really un-grindy compared to PoE 

Well, it seems to have much less mineral deposits, minning is a pain there.

23 minutes ago, kambinks said:

No. But its needed to ration the players progress so they keep them playing while developers make more content. Something that free to play games need to survive especially one thats content driven like warframe. Unlike games like mobas and shooters where the game is based of competition, Warframe relies on resource grinding and content to keep the player logging on. Content that takes months to produce and in the mean time need to add more mini contents to distract the players while producing more elaborate stuff.

Over eager 24 hour playing players that play the game like addicts rush through everything then later demands more stuff to do to fill their addiction. Later complains about the games too easy because they breezed through everything and demand more from a free game. 

Sure, but their decision to time-gate a Warframe this heavily is, it would appear, backfiring. For a reason I feel should be obvious: the majority of players who like to earn their gear in-game will go for the Warframe first, knowing that Warframes take three days to build, so they want to get that timegate started asap so they can move on to other parts of the expansion at a more leisurly pace.

But attempting to get "Garuda out of the way" doesn't leave one with a particularly great first impression of Fortuna: bounties are more of the same and get repetitive rather fast. The reputation grind is pushed front and center and most definitely will appear to be much worse than PoE (remember, only considering Garuda) as you need to get to Rank 4 just to get the blueprints you need, then there's the fact that you need (very rare) drops from enemies in places bounties don't really send you to (and that don't really give you anything else of consequence if you go farm them specifically) and to top it off she requires 3500 Kuva...

Personally I'll just look for more attainable goals in the meantime, but I can definitely see where people are coming from. Not to mention that given the entire monetization polemic in the video game industry this might sit even worse with people as an attempt to very forcefully "push" towards just buying the frame (especially if one also considers the Sigil...). Likely they just want to indeed keep people doing other things first by dangling the carrot on a longer stick but yeah...

Edited by marelooke

Trust me you want rep to be capped. When the majority of players reach max rep that region effectively dies. It becomes impossible to add game play to the region because players already have a bunch of reward credits they can drop on dime and without rewards they won't play any new missions added. This is why I know POE won't get an expansion even though I'd love it to. Players have stockpiles of everything and would bypass the content entirely.

5 minutes ago, marelooke said:

Sure, but their decision to time-gate a Warframe this heavily is, it would appear, backfiring. For a reason I feel should be obvious: the majority of players who like to earn their gear in-game will go for the Warframe first, knowing that Warframes take three days to build, so they want to get that timegate started asap so they can move on to other parts of the expansion at a more leisurly pace.

But attempting to get "Garuda out of the way" doesn't leave one with a particularly great first impression of Fortuna: bounties are more of the same and get repetitive rather fast. The reputation grind is pushed front and center and most definitely will appear to be much worse than PoE (remember, only considering Garuda) as you need to get to Rank 4 just to get the blueprints you need, then there's the fact that you need (very rare) drops from enemies in places bounties don't really send you to (and that don't really give you anything else of consequence if you go farm them specifically) and to top it off she requires 3500 Kuva...

Personally I'll just look for more attainable goals in the meantime, but I can definitely see where people are coming from. Not to mention that given the entire monetization polemic in the video game industry this might sit even worse with people as an attempt to very forcefully "push" towards just buying the frame (especially if one also considers the Sigil...). Likely they just want to indeed keep people doing other things first by dangling the carrot on a longer stick but yeah...

Backfiring? How is the grind here compared to other frames? You would prefer they make the odds of getting em harder like Khora? Or give 9 parts to farm each with 12 hours to 3 days to complete like Equinox? Its not much harder than the grinds that we've had in the past. Its basically always been this way interms of farming normal frames and people still play the game by the buckloads. Its only "backfiring" to the people assume they deserve to get the frame without effort which is funny self entitled stuff. 

So basically people should get the frames they want without bounties, without exploring the areas in Vallis? Whats the point of an open world game if you're not given the incentive to explore. Why bother make the world huge if you're given the reason to explore them? Do bounties, play the game missions and you'll be rewarded. And yeah, for a free to play game I don't mind them "push" players to buying the frame because they've given plenty of chances for players to farm the plats in game without spending a dime. God forbid people actually supporting the game. 

Garuda is the reward for playing the game. Just because the game wants you to play the content properly suddenly its "much worse" than poe.  

2 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

How farming one Frame from just farming Standing until you reach Rank 4 to just build her Parts before you build the Frame itself a Reward?

True. People should get the whole bundle just by logging in. Maybe some free chips while you're at it. Wouldn't want players to waste their precious time in a mmo now would we.

9 hours ago, kambinks said:

Backfiring? How is the grind here compared to other frames? You would prefer they make the odds of getting em harder like Khora? Or give 9 parts to farm each with 12 hours to 3 days to complete like Equinox? Its not much harder than the grinds that we've had in the past. Its basically always been this way interms of farming normal frames and people still play the game by the buckloads. Its only "backfiring" to the people assume they deserve to get the frame without effort which is funny self entitled stuff. 

So basically people should get the frames they want without bounties, without exploring the areas in Vallis? Whats the point of an open world game if you're not given the incentive to explore. Why bother make the world huge if you're given the reason to explore them? Do bounties, play the game missions and you'll be rewarded. And yeah, for a free to play game I don't mind them "push" players to buying the frame because they've given plenty of chances for players to farm the plats in game without spending a dime. God forbid people actually supporting the game. 

Garuda is the reward for playing the game. Just because the game wants you to play the content properly suddenly its "much worse" than poe.  

I explained why people have the expectations they do and why that would lead to disappointment, if you choose to ignore those points and go on a diatribe about "earning" rewards, entitlement and all that garbage all the while ignoring everything outside of Garuda Fortuna has to offer then I don't see any point in trying to have a constructive discussion here.

Personally I don't care, I waited months before I even started playing PoE, I'm not in a hurry. Warframe will be here for a while to come. If you think ignoring the reasons why people might feel the way they do is a good idea, then yeah, you do you.

Edited by marelooke

Some warframe need to ask high reputations to be get.. i mean you can get teroid after 20-50 minutes of farmings.. all rest is the reputation locked that ask like 4-5 days for high mr .. yea it's not for newbie and if everything was for low reputations you will finish fortuna to quickly

True. People should get the whole bundle just by logging in. Maybe some free chips while you're at it. Wouldn't want players to waste their precious time in a mmo now would we.

Stop exaggerating, what we want is to decrease from Rank 4 to at least Rank 3, or remove this Rank4 Gem from Garuda's Craft and place another Rank 3.

And another, do not come to blame the lack of content in the player, if you can rush the content in 1 day, it is the fault of the DE not to put other types of content of long duration (Do not disturb Craft other items) "And time wall is not content,"

Edited by walter100