Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe on Nintendo Switch: ACCOUNT MIGRATION!

[DE]Rebecca

15 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

If you have purchased Platinum on PC, it will not be transferred to your Nintendo Switch account. Same goes for any items in your PC account that are not available on Nintendo Switch, those items will not transfer with your account. (A full list of items that won’t transfer will be available with the launch of the migration program.)

Does that also include plat you traded for? I'm assuming no plat would transfer over, if that's the case wouldn't it be easier to say all plat won't transfer/copy vs purchased plat. 

10 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Same goes for any items in your PC account that are not available on Nintendo Switch, those items will not transfer with your account. (A full list of items that won’t transfer will be available with the launch of the migration program.)

Really hoping this doesn't include Fortuna stuff, considering the Switch version is going to be behind at launch. If my Fortuna items get added back when the Switch version gets updated, then that's fair game, I don't have any problems with that.

Il y a 1 heure, Campaigner a dit :

Because PS4 and Xbox are competitors with the Switch and are far too greedy to let your Warframe account slip out of their fingers.

Don't blame DE for Sony and Microsoft console greed.

So how do you explain other games where it's possible to have multiplatform account ? It's not on Sony or MS, it's on DE part.

Please allow migration from PC to PS4 My PC will not hold the next update ... it has 32bit (2 ram). I never even got to play in Eidolon, and on earth is already crashing ... lags, bugs ... almost impossible to play. I am Mr 24, My game was very limited with these updates ... Let me migrate my PC account to PS4 and continue with my game Please !!

3 hours ago, (PS4)Herrwann69 said:

So how do you explain other games where it's possible to have multiplatform account ? It's not on Sony or MS, it's on DE part.

IMHO it's likely since Sony and MS and I guess soon Nintendo likely get slice of the micro transactions DE has on the platform from plat sales. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)Herrwann69 said:

Different games can't be compared. So stop doing that.
How would a cross-save work in Warframe, if the game runs on different versions on the different platforms?
PC would be held back. PC couldn't test patches for you console-guys anymore. Have fun playing with all the bugs we have to deal with. And fixes wouldn't come one or two days later for said bugs. Because of all the work that goes into the console-versions, a fix would take weeks.
Console-players would stop playing after just one month of this...

il y a 59 minutes, Fire2box a dit :

IMHO it's likely since Sony and MS and I guess soon Nintendo likely get slice of the micro transactions DE has on the platform from plat sales. 

That's what i think too. The way DE choosed to use the different marketplaces don't allow the multiplatform account. You don't buy plats on Warframe/DE marketplace but on each console's one so the content is link to each one. If DE had made a universal marketplace by themself, account would have been multiplatform.

15 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

And why is that? How would you share progress? I mean, Switch and PC will have different versions of the game. How would that work? It would be way too much work to make that happen. Just play on one platform. Easy as that.

I am no longer interested in playing this on different platforms, if it does not easily save my progress and shares it with the other platforms on a continued basis.
Just let me play the new Updates on PC first and then migrate my PC progress when those Updates are released on the other platforms.

I know, that it will take some more coding to work, but it's dev hours well spend - also because it's a step in the right direction for future cross platform play.

30 minutes ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

I know, that it will take some more coding to work, but it's dev hours well spend - also because it's a step in the right direction for future cross platform play.

Time well spend... yeah... and how does this make any more money for DE?
It's easier, less money and time consuming for DE, if you just keep playing on PC. If you play on a console, the console's company gets a share of the money you pay for platinum.
On PC DE gets all the money.
So it's actually in DE's interest to have you on PC.

And as I said, having it the way you descriped, DE would waste their time and money on that feature without getting more money out of it.

So why would they do that?

And I'm still interested to know if the handheld-Switch can connect to the internet. If not, then there is no "playing on the go".
Therefore I have to wonder, why you would ever want to play on the Switch. (Aside from your computer being broken maybe...)

17 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

And why is that? How would you share progress? I mean, Switch and PC will have different versions of the game. How would that work? It would be way too much work to make that happen. Just play on one platform. Easy as that.

Different versions of the game...
How would it be possible to share anything? And is the portable mode of the Switch able to connect to the internet? If not, you can't play Warframe on the go...

You are customer of Sony. Why would they allow you to leave and spend your money elsewhere?
No, console to console transfer won't happen.

The thing is that i'm a main PC gamer, obviously talking when "outside" im referred to the fact that im in another home parents/friends with at least an internet connection. Fact is, i don't want to install Warframe on a PC everywhere i go. That's why i was saying, being Switch an alt/portable console the idea was at least to share the inventory. Farming Orokin cells, farming Argon Crystals and materials in portable and having that in my main inventory would be an amazing idea. At least, sharing that

20 minutes ago, Adams said:

That's why i was saying, being Switch an alt/portable console the idea was at least to share the inventory. Farming Orokin cells, farming Argon Crystals and materials in portable and having that in my main inventory would be an amazing idea. At least, sharing that

And who pays DE for all the work this would involve? You? How much do you want to spend monthly for that kind of service? Nothing? I thought so.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Herrwann69 said:

DE has already explained it's not on their part, it's definitely Sony and Microsoft. I don't think they've ever allowed people's game progress to migrate to other consoles. 

21 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Everything you need to know:

With the upcoming launch of Warframe on Nintendo Switch™ , you will be able to migrate your account from PC to the Switch!

Don't worry - your PC account remains completely intact and playable after migration.

Read on for full info on account migration:

The first thing you need to know is that you can only transfer accounts from PC to Nintendo Switch. Account Migration is not available from PS4 or Xbox to Nintendo Switch or PC.

To migrate your PC Warframe account to Nintendo Switch, you’ll need an existing Warframe Account on Nintendo Switch. When you perform account migration from PC to Nintendo Switch, a copy of your PC account will be created and transferred to your Nintendo Switch account.

Keep in mind Tenno, once migrated, the two accounts act as separate accounts. Which means that you won’t share progress between them!

All existing Nintendo Switch Account progress will be overwritten by your PC account. All Platinum and goods purchased on Nintendo Game Store before you migrate accounts will be added to your new migrated account. Any items purchased in-game with Platinum on Nintendo Switch will be overwritten and the Platinum will be returned to your new migrated account. If you purchase an item with Credits on Nintendo Switch, it will be overwritten by your PC account.

If you have purchased Platinum on PC, it will not be transferred to your Nintendo Switch account. Same goes for any items in your PC account that are not available on Nintendo Switch, those items will not transfer with your account. (A full list of items that won’t transfer will be available with the launch of the migration program.)

Clan information will also not transfer from PC. You will have to start or join a new clan on Nintendo Switch! If you join a Clan before performing account migration, that Clan information will not be overwritten by your PC account. Similarly, your Nintendo Switch account’s Friend List will not be overwritten, but your Friends List will not transfer over from your PC account.

Account sharing or selling is strictly prohibited by the Terms of Use and Digital Extremes reserves the right to suspend/ban both PC and Nintendo Switch accounts. PC to Nintendo Switch account migration can only be done once and can not be reversed. Be sure to double check all Warframe account details and Nintendo Network ID before you migrate!

We look forward to raising up our Joy-Con™s with you on November 20, Tenno!

Check out our Switch News area for updates and more: https://www.warframe.com/?category=switch

Great news! Will we be informed when the migration option starts? I really don't want to miss out on this opportunity.

50 minutes ago, ModernGreg said:

It really baffles me how people thought there would be cross-platform saves. It's never been that way. The switch build will become completely different from the PC build, it's just not compatible, how is that so hard to understand for people? 

It's not the fact "cross-platform saves. I'm just talking about at least a part of the inventory. I mean, if i have like free time while i'm at friend's home and i want to farm 1 hour Argon Crystal or i don't know Orokin Cells, i'd like at least to have that in my inventory when i come back home. It's ok it's a different patch i get it, but at least some " cross-inventory" should be allowed with some specific items. To me, this have sense due to the fact that i'm a main pc player and i can farm on my "alt" console whenever i want

1 hour ago, ModernGreg said:

It really baffles me how people thought there would be cross-platform saves. It's never been that way. The switch build will become completely different from the PC build, it's just not compatible, how is that so hard to understand for people? 

While crossplay between PC and Consoles is understandably lacking with all the hotfixes and patches PC receives, I hope 2 or all 3 consoles will get crossplay someday.

hey if anyone knows I have a question. I don't have a Nintendo switch (I'm using a friend's switch). let say that I made my pc copy onto switch on my friend switch and then I get my own. will I be able to play the game with the same account or is going to be locked on my friend switch that have my Nintendo account?

Archived