The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe on Nintendo Switch: ACCOUNT MIGRATION!

[DE]Rebecca

2 hours ago, Lilrins said:

The official release is november 20, I download it at 00h01 this morning, so November 20. So what is the official release date then ?

bear in mind usually most switch launches for any game occur at 11AM EST (this is equiv to JP Midnight) and for our international Tenno, Any Time and date announced by Digital Extremes unless Specified,  = Eastern Standard Time Zone US/Canada as that's the timezone they are in themselves. https://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/ use  to Covert your local time to Canada - Toronto (closest listing they have but DE is based in Ontario.  (makes me wonder offtopic wise how far they are from Kent County..)

On 2018-11-16 at 1:57 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

If you have purchased Platinum on PC, it will not be transferred to your Nintendo Switch account. Same goes for any items in your PC account that are not available on Nintendo Switch, those items will not transfer with your account. (A full list of items that won’t transfer will be available with the launch of the migration program.)

Wait, does this mean I should spend all my plat on items before migrating to get the most of my migration? ,

I don't plan on going back to PC so my plat balance there doesn't matter.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Zryru:

Thank you kindly! ♥

EDIT: Oookay. It said "migrate complete" without ever asking for my Nintendo ID or Switch account or anything and I don't think anything happened at all. What the what now? o_O

EDIT2: Nevermind, it's all there. Magic! Space magic! Whee!

On 2018-11-16 at 11:17 AM, Retrijeuj said:

I'd rather start fresh with a new account, but it's nice to have this possibility. However, them acting as separate accounts makes it kinda useless for PC players - few people are willing to farm twice for the same things. So unless one plans on migrating to the Switch and play exclusively on it, I don't see the point.

Uhhh I'd rather not grind all the stuff I got on my PC account again just to be on even ground to even start grinding.

Not sure how you can say that people don't want to grind the same stuff twice and not see the point in a transfer in the same breath.

I have been playing on a new account on Switch waiting for the migration to go live. But now it has I keep getting an error message saying 'Sorry, you need a Warframe Account on Nintendo Switch first.'

Surely I have one if I've been playing it on Switch?

EDIT: I'm dumb, and my browser still had me logged in on my US Nintendo account. All sorted now!

50 minutes ago, (PS4)Oracle-Raven said:

Pretty unfair in my opinion that everybody has to start from scratch on Switch, except PC players. Doesn't make me want to play the Switch version at all.

Blame $ony and Micro$oft

Hey I tried to mirgrate my pc account to switch and everything was going great until i typed in my password and clicked "confirm".

It didn't direct me to the nintendo page it just brought me to the warframe home page and now the button is gone.  Anyone else have this problem?

Edit 1: Ok, so if it doesn't direct you to the nintendo switch linking page if your pc has saved the info. It just automatically links it. Works fine! THanks DE

vor 2 Minuten schrieb BHODD:

Hey I tried to mirgrate my pc account to switch and everything was going great until i typed in my password and clicked "confirm".

It didn't direct me to the nintendo page it just brought me to the warframe home page and now the button is gone.  Anyone else have this problem?

I had that and the next time I fired up Warframe on Switch all my PC stuff was just there. Well, apart from Tennogen stuff and Excalibur Prime, but heyho.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Oracle-Raven said:

Pretty unfair in my opinion that everybody has to start from scratch on Switch, except PC players. Doesn't make me want to play the Switch version at all.

It's not unfair, actually having geared people will help a lot new players on multiple hard quest along the road while hight lvl players will be there farming stuff new players get the free carry which is always appreciated.

Archived