Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Negative Credits (64-Bit Integer for Credits request)

--Q--Animan8000

Well, since it's known that the Credit system is just a 32-Bit Integer system more people may get into an issue if they farm very actively Credits: Negative Credits.

As Negative Credits are known to rather cause issues than actually being useful I request a 64-Bit Integer Credits system for players similar like Alliance Vaults apparently got in Dark Sectors times a 64-Bit Integer when they were above 32-Bit Integer Limit.

I know that this isn't the first post about it, however more people (including myself) these days are very close to have more than 2,147,483,647 Credits and are forced to stop farming more Credits otherwise they'll get Negative Credits.

If anyone is curious what my current amount of Credits is: credits.JPG

Edited by --Q--Animan8000

Are you sure there's still no overflow protection?  Are you sure it's not a 32 bit unsigned integer these days?

Half of programming is protecting users from themselves, but why on earth would you farm credits that much in the first place?  For an individual player this seems like a self inflicted problem.

Edited by (PS4)Lollybomb
added word to clarify timing

20 minutes ago, BladeRambler said:

I don't think DE will put any effort into revamping the integer architecture just for a handful of people with a ludicrous amount of credits. 

Its still a problem in the game, people shouldnt get punished for playing the game, even if its just for a few people.

And they shouldnt be blamed for farming so much aka playing the game the way they want (like the second comment said: "self inflicted problem")

Edited by (PS4)Pizza_Parker

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Lollybomb said:

[...] why on earth would you farm credits that much in the first place?  For an individual player this seems like a self inflicted problem.

Sure, you farmed that much, but outdated architecture is not the player's problem. When each round of The Index produces 500,000 credits with a booster, it is inevitable that some players hit an insane amount. Also, as much as 2 billion is, you can blow credits pretty fast while trading for Platinum as 1 Platinum is 500 credits in trade tax. Being forced to spend credits in order to prevent your account from breaking does not feel great.

It would be nice to have 64-bit integers across the board, as reaching that cap would be realistically impossible.

Edited by Voltage

2 minutes ago, DarkSkysz said:

The game need a credit cap...no one needs more than 2b credits. That is just a waste of server memory.

The space taken up by the amount of credits you own, on top of the fact it affects a small amount of players, is negligible. The architecture is already in place for Alliance vaults. Likewise, the cap imposed by 64-bit integers is alot more realistic. 2 billion credits doesn't take that much to farm in the grand scheme of things. It takes a bit sure, but the 32-bit integer cap is outdated and achievable by anyone who has a little determination in the grind.

21 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Sure, you farmed that much, but outdated architecture is not the player's problem. When each round of The Index produces 500,000 credits with a booster, it is inevitable that some players hit an insane amount. Also, as much as 2 billion is, you can blow credits pretty fast while trading for Platinum as 1 Platinum is 500 credits in trade tax. Being forced to spend credits in order to prevent your account from breaking does not feel great.

It would be nice to have 64-bit integers across the board, as reaching that cap would be realistically impossible.

You don't answer the question. Why you keep playing The Index, if you already have more than you even will need credits? Even buy booster every time. You really keep in mind possibility something in you inventory will cost 4 000 000 platinum? And, if you really can say what is can be, you will eventually find somebody who will pay so.

BTW this is not a outdated architecture, this is a space in a database. Maybe you hear about riven, DE caped it at 90 per account. For a reason. Are you willing to pay for it? I mean, real money, not credits. Or, you want to DE spend money for 2 ppl, who have too much time?

5 hours ago, Voltage said:

There's no reason to do index outside of credits so it sure as hell is not "inevitable"  also OH JEE WHIZ 500 CREDITS. I'm sure that will put a dent in your 2 billion.

I do not see why you would blame OP for playing the game and earning credits as long as it was not by cheating.
Considering I get 20mil per few hours it is very doable  if i would dedicated 2-3 hours per day for 100 days to index.

Question is,how would one keep his sanity at that point.

But I guess you got most of it from dark sector times and then farmed few in index?

Eitherway that is not even directly relevant to the topic,ofcourse there should be either cap on credits(smth like 99.999.999 or no cap at all.
but to allow overflow can not be excused,i mean that is pretty basic thing for any game and it is not player's mistake to play the game...

4 minutes ago, ---Merchant--- said:

I do not see why you would blame OP for playing the game and earning credits as long as it was not by cheating.
Considering I get 20mil per few hours it is very doable  if i would dedicated 2-3 hours per day for 100 days to index.

But I guess you got most of it from dark sector times and then farmed few in index?

Eitherway that is not even directly relevant to the topic,ofcourse there should be either cap on credits(smth like 99.999.999 or no cap at all.
but to allow overflow can not be excused,i mean that is pretty basic thing for any game and it is not player's mistake to play the game...

The reason the game needs a cap is because credits take up database and making room for a RIDICULOUS amount of credits serves no purpose. Like it's the same reason people want more database for rivens but at least that argument makes SOME sense.

2 minutes ago, ---Merchant--- said:

i agree. i cna't understand how can a player say to another "you played the game the intented way? too bad if it broke your account, it's your problem. be more careful" that's like mindblowing... if at least they could put a cap to it, like a few millions under the breaking limit, so that it can't be reached at all, to avoid problems... this wouldn't be what OP suggest, but would at least prevent new problems.

37 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

There's no reason to do index outside of credits so it sure as hell is not "inevitable".

People choose their own endgame, some go to fashion and others like to spend time in the index.

For example there was this one brazillian guy on the forums a few months ago showing off his collection of dozens of prodman autograph's. (His orbit was infested with prodman's face all around).

vor 5 Stunden schrieb -JT-_-R3W1ND:

BTW this is not a outdated architecture, this is a space in a database. Maybe you hear about riven, DE caped it at 90 per account. 

Im pretty sure Steve said in one of his Streams that this cap is not due to Database Space, but due to Loading times when logging in. Changing the Credit Number from 32 to 64 bit wouldnt have a huge Impact on that