Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rivens need to be revisited!

Reaver_X

2 minutes ago, Reaver_X said:

Having rivens as the optimal option wouldnt mean that they're required, Your not required to have the perfect team to hunt eidolons, but you can still get about 2 full runs which is plenty.

People don't stop meta building their frames and weapons just because they don't need them. DE allows us to be as powerful as we are and to expect us to just decide not to is poor design.

Just now, Reaver_X said:

if DE is smart about it and how they design things, harder difficulty won't mean bigger damage sponges.

good challanges =\= more health + armor

Except if enemies can't withstand our weapons for more than two seconds then what challenge can they offer? You either require enemies being outright invulnerable or being capable of our damage output.

you also forget that Mastery Scaling is a thing too, If anything end game content would dictate more so what mastery level your weapons would be, as for the most part mastery level SHOULD be dictacting how strong the base level of the weapon is.

2 hours ago, Reaver_X said:

except i don't care about half those weapons, i'm not gonna use a flux rifle regardless of what the stats on that riven are. There are a fair number of weaps in this game that not even rivens will save, sorry to tell you.

and yes, so one person out of thousands of people manages to roll one really good riven, that just proves my point.

Rivens exist so that people CAN care about those other weapons.  Other than infinite run survivals or whatever, you can do the whole game’s content with a flux rifle, no worries.  

Fyi the flux rifle has a pretty interesting augment available for it.  Pair it with a condition overload melee and melt anything.

4 hours ago, Reaver_X said:

due to both how hard it is to roll a riven with good stats and how expensive it can get to get a riven with the right stats. 

Hah, Good stats are easy and often not that expensive. Its people trying to squeeze the every last drop out of what a stat can offer and then trying to sell it for a silly price that is expensive. Some of the best rivens i have picked up over time have had the stats i have wanted on them unrolled and they have been cheap as chips for it.

3 hours ago, TheNytmare said:

Removing riven from game isn't solution. i know few people don't get easly godly ones or cant afford but that dsn't mean remove rivens from game. bc of rivens DE are making so much money from this. and what u will do if they will remove riven from game? how will you kill high lvl enemies? u want limitations? 

Problem is the power creep it caused. Now most +stat mods BUT a Riven are worthless. That invalidates most of the mods out there, which honestly is taking up too much space as it is (especially if you add the Riven count to it). Hope DE revisits mods as it's a shame seeing the rare one stat mods being transmute fodder.

if u dont like rivens u dont need to pay attention to them do you?

it has no personal effect on YOU per say so why is it an issue?

you aren't obligated to use rivens.

it seems more like a personal vendetta then anything else.

DE has already stated (if you actually payed attention) that Rivens can be game breaking and they will NOT do any sort of stat locking by the way.

they are very strong and if one wants to get a strong riven. then one has to put in some effort for it. (rolling) or simply buy it.

some people are more lucky with rolls then others but thats what happens with rng. 

also rivens are pretty much the only rare items in the game in my opinion. 😕 everything else is pretty meh (farmable AF) in comparison. 

They recently did a dispo change that some of the community was asking for. and to no surprise most people were disappointed since (obviously) a lot of dispositions went down. 

soon the melee dispo change will be popping up and i can always see the whining about gram going down. lol

Edit: rivens do more than just power creep, they also open up unique builds to play with. not everyone looks for meta to god like stats on a riven. Quality of life and even meme rolls are also quite fun. its honestly a shame if haven't taken advantage of that as it could literally change the playstyle (and thus more "fun") of several weapons. for example im currently looking for Azima riven with  a + ammo + magazine (optional + PT or MS) with - fire rate. its a build centered around turning the azima into a beyblade which is totally more or less useless, but im totally gonna have fun with it (and free up mod slots at the same time)

Edited by Makunogo

17 minutes ago, Makunogo said:

Edit: rivens do more than just power creep, they also open up unique builds to play with. not everyone looks for meta to god like stats on a riven. Quality of life and even meme rolls are also quite fun. its honestly a shame if haven't taken advantage of that as it could literally change the playstyle (and thus more "fun") of several weapons.

I have a Ferrox riven with +fire rate.  Combined with a Vile Acceleration, the Ferrox changes from a slow charge trigger weapon to nearly a semi automatic rifle.  Is it meta? No.  But it’s sure fun.  

3 minutes ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

I have a Ferrox riven with +fire rate.  Combined with a Vile Acceleration, the Ferrox changes from a slow charge trigger weapon to nearly a semi automatic rifle.  Is it meta? No.  But it’s sure fun.  

exactly my point haha. rivens are great at changing how we can utilize our gear and that aspect is wonderful for customization. 

25 minutes ago, Makunogo said:

if u dont like rivens u dont need to pay attention to them do you?

it has no personal effect on YOU per say so why is it an issue?

you aren't obligated to use rivens.

it seems more like a personal vendetta then anything else.

DE has already stated (if you actually payed attention) that Rivens can be game breaking and they will NOT do any sort of stat locking by the way.

they are very strong and if one wants to get a strong riven. then one has to put in some effort for it. (rolling) or simply buy it.

some people are more lucky with rolls then others but thats what happens with rng. 

also rivens are pretty much the only rare items in the game in my opinion. 😕 everything else is pretty meh (farmable AF) in comparison. 

They recently did a dispo change that some of the community was asking for. and to no surprise most people were disappointed since (obviously) a lot of dispositions went down. 

soon the melee dispo change will be popping up and i can always see the whining about gram going down. lol

Edit: rivens do more than just power creep, they also open up unique builds to play with. not everyone looks for meta to god like stats on a riven. Quality of life and even meme rolls are also quite fun. its honestly a shame if haven't taken advantage of that as it could literally change the playstyle (and thus more "fun") of several weapons. for example im currently looking for Azima riven with  a + ammo + magazine (optional + PT or MS) with - fire rate. its a build centered around turning the azima into a beyblade which is totally more or less useless, but im totally gonna have fun with it (and free up mod slots at the same time)

Then DE is being stubborn and irrational, as Rivens are pretty much already OP, regardless of how attainable they are.

2 minutes ago, Reaver_X said:

Then DE is being stubborn and irrational, as Rivens are pretty much already OP, regardless of how attainable they are.

why is it irrational to not let people have a shortcut? on something that is as we have seen, is completly optional. in fact they could just ignore rivens entirely. 

as that is basically what stat locking would be.

Edit : this game has way too much handouts already, we dont need more in my opinion.

Edited by Makunogo

1 minute ago, Makunogo said:

why is it irrational to not let people have a shortcut?

you act like having the ability to lock one stat will just allow hundreds of people to immediately have tons of perfect mods, which is just not the case, its just kicking the RNG down a notch.

3 minutes ago, Reaver_X said:

you act like having the ability to lock one stat will just allow hundreds of people to immediately have tons of perfect mods, which is just not the case, its just kicking the RNG down a notch.

im not i am stating what DE has said on the matter. so regardless of what anyone here says. stat locking isnt going to happen. which is what i was pointing out.

I really wish to see a 5-disposition Tigris riven with maximum co-efficient of 1.5 (just in a short time would be fine) so that I could try how ridiculously strong it could become 😛 really.... 100k base dmg Tigris prime could be fun !

But it seems I can only wish... forever...

Edited by Diangelius

hace 2 horas, Reaver_X dijo:

And you act like a child that demand to others change things because its not able to get somthing in the current way .... pretty sad -.

3 hours ago, Yagamilight123 said:

And you act like a child that demand to others change things because its not able to get somthing in the current way .... pretty sad -.

and you act like someone who's just happy to settle for whatever and let others tell you whats best for you.

Rivens as a whole was a bad and stupid idea. It's the "end-game" that resolves not only around RNG but also around tons of plat, locking new players from it even more and pushing vet players even more from new players. They are also sadly a thing that at some point requires new players to starting playing Tradeframe instead of Warframe just to be able to MAYBE gather enough plat to ONE day maybe get good riven for their favourite weapons.

Generally imo they should have never been introduced and not in that RNG way.

Imo Rivens should have been a mods which you can customize for kuva in a way that you have 3 slots for 3 stats but each stat comes with negative stat and depending on riven disposition you have only that much room for bigger stats:

So let's say you want to have riven with MultiShot, Crit Chance and Status. Multishot comes at price with lower damage as negative, Crit Chance with negative for accuray and Status with negative to crit damage. This way they would become more of a "cherry on the cake" to min-max some builds instead of "Riven makes this weapon 100% more efficient- pray to RNGesus or pay 8k plat".

Rivens are just bad designed.

Also if you take a look at most people defending rivens or being against "stat lock" or anything that would make them more accesable for newer players- those are in 99% players who sit in trade chat whole day and have thousands on plat and not play the game but trade and market only. For them any sort of "fix" to rivens is a no go because now they are wealthy (Though they have nothing more to spend on) and won't accept that some average Joe who has only 400h in game could have good riven without paying thousands plat for it in first place. Only he, veteran with 5k hours can have godly riven.

Sadly rivens are cancer of this game and when I look at the game and imagine it without rivens- it would be better experience overall for everyone. Good riven is really only really obtainable via platinum, not really by gameplay. Even most rare mods like Maiming Strike or Arcance Grace can be droped by PLAYING game and they are not RNG (their stats). Rivens being RNG imo messed up whole end-game and economy of warframe. 

The core concept of warframe was "everything can be obtained by playing the game. You don't have to spend a $ or play market for anything". Well, say that to Multishot, damage, status and negative zoom riven for Zarr or Sobek. Show me how you can obtain that by playing a game.

Just my opinion. Rivens are cancer.

Edited by Marakai