Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to Un-Squishy any Framev

cheliel

Tired of rolling around to save your squishy frame? With this mod combination you’ll be having hp and sharing it too- Coaction drift + Rejuvenation + Vitality

It’s super effective it even helps others, simply forma the aura to blank to fit. 

For tougher missions like arbitrations, add another hp mod (Redirection, Vigor, Gladiator Resolve etc) to suppress more damage, then start rolling as you self heal. 

Hope this helps, Tenno 

tenor.gif

https://media.tenor.com/images/e5551bc8cbebc6874e3d8ad6dc30460e/tenor.gif (if image is broken)

terrible "tip"...this just creates crap builds. Only frames with DR (damage reduction) Abilities (eg Trinity - Link) can profit off Redirection...frames without DR just don't. Reason: Amor isn't taken into account when your shields are damaged

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

4 minutes ago, cheliel said:

if Ember can be sturdy, so can your squishy

I took a Mag to Arbitrations with only Vitality, none of the others. My Mag survived just fine.

• Your suggestion might be useful to some people. It is totally pointless for me.
Edited by krc473

Don’t associate this with all frames or levels mod around abilities that help you survive and synergize .

Take these 3 basic ideals into consideration and study your frame to match what you need

Good defense is a good offense

Tank using using armor, health and shield synergies with the warframe’s abilities

Play around abilities to provide you utilitiy to survive (Hardest for newer players to capitalize or understand due to lack of knowledge and mods)

21 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Only frames with DR (damage reduction) Abilities (eg Trinity - Link) can profit off Redirection...frames without DR just don't. Reason: Amor isn't taken into account when your shields are damaged

Now it's not entirely valid to look at armour as a damage reduction since all frames have some armour. It's more sensible to look at it as a multiplier to your base health and then it's basically the same as shields.

Consider Hydroid Prime as an example with base 250 armour, 100 health and 175 shield. On first glance, seeing that 250 armour makes health seem really desirable but 250 armour only gives a 45.45% damage reduction which translates to 83.3% more effective health. In this case, it's better to view it as having base 0 armour, 183.3 health and 175 shield, is giving up passive regeneration worth about 5% extra total effective health.

There's also other factors like the fact that Steel Fibre is an absolutely worthless mod for increasing health pool and we have flesh ferrite armour. Slash procs completely bypass armour and damage types that are strong against ferrite armour will deal damage as though we have reduced armour. Notably, toxin damage destroys us while also ignoring shields and the damage reduction from armour will become non-existent when faced against puncture or the admittedly rare corrosive damage.

Edited by Unreality0

the best method is to have a friendly Broberon (Oberon with a renew focused build) with +500 armor and 100hp/s a good Oberon will be able to keep even the squishiest frames alive assuming they have a competent tennon behind them.  (if you know you will be playing with an Oboern add vitality or armor mods as he works better when you have some health)

1 minute ago, spirit_of_76 said:

the best method is to have a friendly Broberon (Oberon with a renew focused build) with +500 armor and 100hp/s a good Oberon will be able to keep even the squishiest frames alive assuming they have a competent tennon behind them.  (if you know you will be playing with an Oboern add vitality or armor mods as he works better when you have some health)

Yes Oberon is a good comparison 

Building with Coaction drift+ Rejuvenation + Vitality is like having a pocket Oberon 

not realy but yes.  that would be like having a carpet  Oberon that uses his 3 without the 2 that he built for.  a renew built Oberon can provide way more than that will.  
other things that will help.  
most zaws have a DR value of 80% when blocking
most poll arms and heavy blades are 85-90
shields are 90-95%
rolling provides DR

I was serious about bringing an Oberon or having one in the group one small thing of note it costs about 1.6 energy per second per healed target.  this means that Oberon should be taking the most damage in a mission to ensure energy supplies.  and if you have an ability that makes more allies don't use it, it will interfere with Oberon's ability to take damage and will cost him too much to maintain renewal for an extended period

Squishy frames were meant to be squishy for a reason.  Banshee has the most ridiculous damage buff, Limbo has stupid CC, Saryn has unlimited damaged output, Octavia has....everything....moving on.....

If they had more survivability (and some have more than their fair share) they would become even more OP in a game where damn near everything is OP.  In a game of blatant power creep, there needs to be at least the illusion of group roles and that you can be killed...eventually.

Besides, building defensively while not a bad thing per se, it makes more sense to play up more to a frames abilities and attributes than have three mods which give you about a half second more of survivability.  

And for the love of Saryn's shakers, please don't mention Redirection again

I misspoke earlier- it’s not like having a pocket healer, it’s more like being the squad healer.

As a side note, the forma to blank polarity in the aura slot also opens up your frame to more building possibilities...

More to gain than to lose, amirite? 

Edited by cheliel

1 hour ago, krc473 said:

I took a Mag to Arbitrations with only Vitality, none of the others. My Mag survived just fine.

• Your suggestion might be useful to some people. It is totally pointless for me.

Survived till what wave exactly and what kind of mission? because till 40 minutes the game is moderate easy  but after 40 minutes it becomes really hard, one hit form an ancient destroys 5000k Iron Skin easily, same for a lanka shot from a nullifier. I doubt you can avoid every bullet with mag and 1 shot from a flying bullet  and you are dead... 

If you are speaking about surviving the first 10 minutes than... it' pretty easy.

In a public squad you can survive even 2 hours that doesn't mean anything, you can stay in operator mode and become invisible...

Edited by bibmobello

I forma every frame for Rejuvenation because I'm a memelord like that, but please, DO NOT unironically put Rejuvenation on a frame for healing.
Unless you're a digital dummy like me, then go for it. I can't stop you.

Edited by Wiz3rd
Typo

5 minutes ago, ChaosSabre said:

QT prevents you from being one shot. This will not.

OK but QT also has its limits- not all frames have the high energy pool to benefit from it. 

Whereas Vitality complements most builds- added with another hp mod, Rejuvenation aura and Coaction drift we get an all around squishy solution 

23 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

Survived till what wave exactly and what kind of mission?

I am going to argue that this is irrelevant to this discussion. OP's suggestion did not specify this. Just, "this would help". My response was "this is not necessary". As far as we know, OP is talking going to 10 mins (Rot 1) with three Blessing Trinities... I assume this is not the case of course.

• Squad composition, mission type, mission duration (enemy level), and enemy type all effect it. None of this was specified, so I was ignoring it.

I do not recall what duration - it was a survival. I had a reasonably well organised squad. This would not have been for more than 30 - 40 minutes. I am not a massive fan of Arbitrations, so kind of avoid long runs on them.

there's a better way with Quick Thinking. many of the squishiest frames are also ones with the highest energy pools (Vauban, Nova, Banshee and Octavia are shining examples of this), so having quick thinking on them basically turns their large energy bars into a reserve life bar that can actually take a surprising amount of hits before being depleted. 

another alternative is Magus Vigor or Magus Nourish for restoring health to your frames. I use Vigor personally and get frame health back whilst in operator mode: just spend a few seconds in void mode where nothing can hurt you, then transfer back into the frame and it's healed quite a bit. in many cases you can hold Void Mode until it runs out and in that time most frames are fully healed.

I also use a Sacrificial taxon Build. it's a bit hit and miss, but the idea is that with Primed Regen and Sacrifice, it can revive me up to 3 times when I would normally die. not 100% reliable but it's great for solo as instead of costing a revive, you enter bleedout, get a few pistol kills and then you're back in the game. 

1 hour ago, cheliel said:

OK but QT also has its limits- not all frames have the high energy pool to benefit from it. 

Whereas Vitality complements most builds- added with another hp mod, Rejuvenation aura and Coaction drift we get an all around squishy solution 

running primed flow+QT will always give you more ehp than just vitality.

even if we look at a warframe with a bad energy max pool like Titania who has a base pool of 150 at level 30, equipped with primed flow, it becomes 425 energy, an increase of 275. The 275 max energy from flow then becomes +660 ehp gained because of the 2.4x multiplier on QT. Compared to the flat 440 hp from vitality which translates to +440 ehp

This is btw, why any serious chroma build runs QT+flow over flat health. It's just tankier. Plain and simple.

The reason why you wouldn't use QT+flow is if the frame already has a good tanking mechanism that doesn't rely on the normal healthbar mechanics. aka you're wukong or rhino or revenant.

oh and flow itself is just a good mod for power spamming that doesn't get ruined by energy leech eximus

but the point is, energy pool isn't a justifiable reason to not run the combo.

Primed flow + QT how many pizzas does it need to fill up the energy bar? Then the life bar when it goes down to 2 hp? That’s two gear stuff you need to click just to maintain the setup

Meanwhile Rejuvenation + Coaction + 2 hp mods is a no maintenance no arcane no gear setup, just regens itself hassle free.