Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

if stalker mode cannot be opt out.

BloodKitten

3 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

You contradict yourself though.

First you say "I see that as a good enough reward when playing conclave since players there are playing because of their own decision, and the same apolies if i go to any other game."

Then all of a sudden you change that to "I'd be fine with the game mode being forced and seeing endless complaints about it, however, i still think that if there's gonna be an opt-out system then players who opt in it should be rewarded for doing it since the rest simply doesn't want to bother with part of the content developed by DE"

Opting out or in for Stalker mode isnt different from opting out or in for conclave, which the strong majority of the community already does. Both are in this scenario PvP modes of choice, yet one needs to have rewards because?

I enjoy pvp, hence i wouldn't mind to be forced to face a player stalker (despite not having a single min maxed build) and that's the only reason why i would be fine if the game mode got added without being optional.

However, we're not talking about "my" opinion only, but about the one of a heavily PvE biased community, so in order to give random pvp encounters a chance while keeping them optional, i think it would at least require some kind of desirable reward in order to encourage (or straight up bait) more players to opt in to it. 

Just like in conclave, if it has rewards it becomes "you either play to get them or accept that you're not getting them", even if these are some dumb cosmetic rewards that don't affect gameplay (a stalker accllade, a badge, a sigil, the stalker helmet, shadow stalker skin for excalibur, etc. That's up to DE) and/or stuff that can be obtained somewhere else but making the mode slightly better for it (such as it kuva, relics, resources, whatever). 

Give the stalkers conclave points per kill, with a daily cap. Say, 2000 CP per kill, with the usual mastery rank locked daily cap. Cause I'm pretty sure Conclave has unique rewards, and having an easier standing farm that doesn't involve the insanity that is conclave matches might actually draw in PvE players, if only to get the skins and Riv Armor sets. And it would still work with an opt-in system.

Heck, drop the contents of "What Stalker" and "Hunhow's Gift" among the Conclave offerings, you'll have poor PvE-ers playing as stalker for a while, especially with how expensive those bundles are.

Heck, while we're at it, give PvE players that have been invaded by the a players Stalker and defeated him conclave standing as well. Might actually encourage PvE players opting in as a way to passively farm conclave standing, which would breathe more life into the system as more targets would exist, even if they didn't want to actually do the hunting themselves but would be fine with being hunted.

Edited by Gabbynaru

4 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Give the stalkers conclave points per kill, with a daily cap. Say, 2000 CP per kill, with the usual mastery rank locked daily cap. Cause I'm pretty sure Conclave has unique rewards, and having an easier standing farm that doesn't involve the insanity that is conclave matches might actually draw in PvE players, if only to get the skins and Riv Armor sets. And it would still work with an opt-in system.

Heck, drop the contents of "What Stalker" and "Hunhow's Gift" among the Conclave offerings, you'll have poor PvE-ers playing as stalker for a while, especially with how expensive those bundles are.

Dude, Conclave matches can be worth a couple thousand Conclave standing a go. A successful Stalker kill should probably be worth more.

Just now, BornWithTeeth said:

Dude, Conclave matches can be worth a couple thousand Conclave standing a go. A successful Stalker kill should probably be worth more.

I don't know the conclave economy, since I don't play it, so that was just a random number. Still, how long is a conclave match, compared to the 1 minute it would take to hunt and kill a players as the stalker?

8 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

I'm high? Yet you're telling me Sorties don't give marks when the only time I fight bosses and get marks is during sorties these days? Mate, please don't speak if you don't know what you're talking about. You're fighting a boss in the Sortie, you're getting a mark if you don't have one already.

Also, what do the bosses in other games have to do with Warframes bosses? Let me better spell it out for you. In the context of this video game I'm playing called "Warframe", the bosses of said game called "Warframe" are actually quite fun. There are some exception, but most of them are quite enjoyable. Oh, and also, this is my opinion, which is not a fact. Nor is your own opinion about the bosses of the video game called "Warframe" a fact either. Get it out of your thin tin skull.

well I never said my opinion is a fact, I just statet mine in response to yours. And I still have to disagree, warframes bosses arent fun and pretty badly designed.

6 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

immunity bosses that are simply invulnerable on a timed cycle

which are quite many.

Lech Krill is an example of a boss with a good idea and poor implementation of the mechanic.

agreed.

Final boss on Sedna

okay, you're right, that boss is indeed well designed.

Tyl Regor

not in my opinion. I mean, the fight visually looks cool with the rise of the water, but in the end you still end up spamming E to down him.

1 hour ago, Gabbynaru said:

Even tough i see where you're coming from, i think that conclave standing isn't a good reward for the mode. On the first place, it only achieves to fragmentate the already small conclave population even more than it already is; then we also have the issues created by its flawed progression design added to the lack of skill based matchmaking and the result of that is that players getting attracted to conclave after playing, either as or against a player stalker, being locked out of the new player pool despite having no experience in the mode.

On the other hand, it would also offer no reward for players who already got the conclave rewards, no matter if they are against conclave but still "endured" it for the skins or if they actually enjoy it, reducing the amount of potential players opting in.

41 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

This statement is quite wrong.  Sorry.

37 minutes ago, NocheLuz said:

I just got Stalker mark on me because of Phorid assassination sorties lol...

well than its RNG, cause the few times I did sorties, I never got one lol

I didn't happen to see anybody talking about how some frames have insanely vast differences in terms of EHP that would almost certainly make balancing the player stalker's weapons almost impossible. Give him enough damage to deal with the tankier warframes and every other frame just gets 1 shot?

And then theres the problem of how vastly different levels of DPS from players can be.

Then theres the ol' amp+void mode...

13 hours ago, ----Legacy---- said:

I see that as a good enough reward when playing conclave since players there are playing because of their own decision, and the same apolies if i go to any other game.

However, we're not talking about people who enjoys pvp but instead about a community heavily biased towards PvE that also despises any kind of challenge in "their" game, sometimes to the point of toxically spreading undeserved hate against any kind of player vs player interaction in it and trying to hold back the development and growth of the game they claim to love in order to make it remain as repetitive and boring as possible.

I'd be fine with the game mode being forced and seeing endless complaints about it, however, i still think that if there's gonna be an opt-out system then players who opt in it should be rewarded for doing it since the rest simply doesn't want to bother with part of the content developed by DE. If opting in gives exclusive rewards, the deal is simple: you either opt in to get them or learn to live without them, but people shouldn't expect to be able of having their cake and eating it too, which in this case would be having a way to opt-out and still not miss out on anything for not playing part of the game.

I like a challenge but if I want to PVP Ill play a different game. I don't want to see good rewards locked into a PVP mode in a game that is PVE... with a lil PVP on the side. So I wasn't thinking backwards at all, moreso thinking as a player who plays Warframe for what it is, PVE, not scrummaging around with people who live in conclave swinging their swords like it makes them awesome. Everytime they stuff something in conclave, it just pisses the majority off, because its simply awful and tbh uses up valueable dev time that could be spent elsewhere.

But all this is beyond the point, Im pretty certain it was going to be opt-in anyway, not something forced on people who don't feel like being hunted by conclave heros.

19 hours ago, Kainosh said:

If REWARD is NOT EXCLUSIVE to the mode, then you can always opt out.    It can be Relics, Creds, Some numbers in your Profile...Kuva even.  Standart stuff that you can gather without playing Stalker or being Targeted by him.

If there is Zero reward....Then DE should not bother implementing that Mode.  Its poinless.   

Better just make Stalker AI better. Noone will bother playing for just "kills"....  Even the most basic/old PvP games have K:D and Scoreboards sht to show off.  Coz reasons.

Id prefer they just make stalker ai better, use their dev time on something that impacts the whole community, moreso than waste time on yet another pvp mode that most people dont care about.

13 минут назад, Zanchak сказал:

I don't want to see good rewards locked into a PVP mode in a game that is PVE... with a lil PVP on the side.

These are your personal difficulties, what rewards you do not want to see in PvP mode. Because, firstly, you just don't play PvP. Is he not interested for you? Not interesting. So what difference does it make to you, what rewards will "swinging their swords people" get?)
Secondly, PvP players have every right to express their opinions and ask for certain awards in their mode - because they are the same players as you. This is a pretty simple truth. The fact that you live in PvE missions, killing the same mobs for years does not make you a “awesome” or more senior player than PvP players.
Yes, there are fewer of them. But this is not a reason for their discrimination.
And - they also buy platinum and Prime Access from DE.

5 minutes ago, Falconer777 said:

These are your personal difficulties, what rewards you do not want to see in PvP mode. Because, firstly, you just don't play PvP. Is he not interested for you? Not interesting. So what difference does it make to you, what rewards will "swinging their swords people" get?)
Secondly, PvP players have every right to express their opinions and ask for certain awards in their mode - because they are the same players as you. This is a pretty simple truth. The fact that you live in PvE missions, killing the same mobs for years does not make you a “awesome” or more senior player than PvP players.
Yes, there are fewer of them. But this is not a reason for their discrimination.
And - they also buy platinum and Prime Access from DE.

I never said I was more awesome than them, to clarify. PVP players typically assume that PVE players don't want to play it because of -them- instead of how terrible the mode is.

If the rewards can only be used in conclave, have at it. I wouldn't care less. If the rewards are for use in the general game, or give bonuses in the general game then they should be gained in the general game.

It's not rocket science. Not sure where the discrimination came from, and I don't know what the first sentence means, sorry.

9 minutes ago, Zanchak said:

I never said I was more awesome than them, to clarify. PVP players typically assume that PVE players don't want to play it because of -them- instead of how terrible the mode is.

If the rewards can only be used in conclave, have at it. I wouldn't care less. If the rewards are for use in the general game, or give bonuses in the general game then they should be gained in the general game.

It's not rocket science. Not sure where the discrimination came from, and I don't know what the first sentence means, sorry.

i hate pvp in mainly pve games because it breeds toxicity and eliteism and we dont need that here

Really..

The feature has not been implemented yet, or explained in any form or way other than a 1 minute talk on a streamers twitch and people are complaining already?

I for one look forward to this option. It's time that they ignore the PVP part of the game and add some more options to it.

You dont want to fight the stalker? Well... Roll over and die then. Stalker is gone anyway after he kills the target. and your teammates can revive you anyway.

Seriously stuff like "I'm gonna turn my modem off if stalker appears" sounds incredibly childish and immature to me.

"OMG I DONT LIKE ONE PART OF A GAME! ZOMG NOBODY CAN ENJOY IT! TURN IT OFF OR I THROW A TANTRUM!"

It's like complaining "OMG Railjack is based around 
archwings, I dont want archwings! QQQ Give us an option to do it without archwings!"

or

"OMG, I 
dont wanna fight bombards! Give me an option to remove bombards from missions!"

You dont want to get attacked by the stalker? Then prevent him coming after you by not attacking bosses over and over again 🙂

1 minute ago, Eterud said:

Really..

The feature has not been implemented yet, or explained in any form or way other than a 1 minute talk on a streamers twitch and people are complaining already?

I for one look forward to this option. It's time that they ignore the PVP part of the game and add some more options to it.

You dont want to fight the stalker? Well... Roll over and die then. Stalker is gone anyway after he kills the target. and your teammates can revive you anyway.

Seriously stuff like "I'm gonna turn my modem off if stalker appears" sounds incredibly childish and immature to me.

"OMG I DONT LIKE ONE PART OF A GAME! ZOMG NOBODY CAN ENJOY IT! TURN IT OFF OR I THROW A TANTRUM!"

It's like complaining "OMG Railjack is based around 
archwings, I dont want archwings! QQQ Give us an option to do it without archwings!"

or

"OMG, I 
dont wanna fight bombards! Give me an option to remove bombards from missions!"

You dont want to get attacked by the stalker? Then prevent him coming after you by not attacking bosses over and over again 🙂

Did you even read further than the dramatic first ones? I'm thinking, no.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

i hate pvp in mainly pve games because it breeds toxicity and eliteism and we dont need that here

Pve-ers are usually a lot more "Elitist" than pvpers are.

Been in enough PVE and PVP guild/clans throughout different games and out of my experience PVPers are a lot less elitist/jerks than pve-ers. 

Just now, Eterud said:

Pve-ers are usually a lot more "Elitist" than pvpers are.

Been in enough PVE and PVP guild/clans throughout different games and out of my experience PVPers are a lot less elitist/jerks than pve-ers. 

its far more common they claim to be more better because they can beat some one in pvp performance not pve so dont see how can say its the pve that more so

9 minutes ago, Zanchak said:

Did you even read further than the dramatic first ones? I'm thinking, no.

There are 8 pages of comments,
I read through the first few pages in this thread and the other massive thread. 

Who has time to read through every single comment while there are that many?

My comment was aimed at the people who cry without even knowing what is going on and threaten to throw a tantrum/plug their computer out and whatever not simply because they do not like a feature.

Any actual discussion is great, but in the first few and the last page,
there has not been anything constructive, only crying.

The game is evolving, why not just wait and see what happens, instead of crying beforehand and therefore discouraging the developers of this game to put in their best effort.
(Imagine that you've been working x amount of hours to implement a great feature, maybe even in your free time to only come to the forum to see that people are complaining about it before they've even seen it. that must be a S#&$ty feeling.)