Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So why people say that vauban is bad?

thestraki

16 hours ago, deothor said:

he has only 2 abilities, from which 2 of those are "pretty weak" crowd controll (at least for this META), when things you want to CC can be easily killed or CCd better by other frames. He's slow, his base stats are terrible and his ability stats have also weak base stats that require some heavy speccing into to be effective. Obviously if you nvest 6 formas into him, you have all the best mods, then his CC monster but... Just.... Why bother...

I really gave him a chance but he's not good. 

Suggestion:

Buff his 1 so it has better stats, maybe let those orbs float near vauban with some augment. increased range should allow more more bounces between enemies, aka chain lightning, so there's synergy.

Rework his 2. It's worthless atm. 

Buff duration (or nerf energy consumption) on his 3. Maybe add some low damage to mobs that got caught into net. Range should also increase number of mobs that can be caught.

4th ability is overall fine. Just buff damage, or make it increase over time the longer mob is in the vortex. maybe add explosion on ability end and change cast type to teleport, rather than throw (for better precision). 

that's a good point but I don't think that he is bad, of course, the only 2 abilities that are kinda good are pretty weak for today's standards but most of the time he gets the job done and the rest I really agree DE need to rework his 2. buff 3. but I think that they need to buff or rework his 1.

Edited by thestraki

It's not that he's bad, it's that what he does, there's other frames that do it better. Which makes him redundant. There's no scenario where you aren't better off picking another frame, instead of Vauban. But if you like playing him, he'll still get the job done just fine.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, rune_me said:

It's not that he's bad, it's that what he does, there's other frames that do it better. Which makes him redundant. There's no scenario where you aren't better off picking another frame, instead of Vauban. But if you like playing him, he'll still get the job done just fine.

exactly

15 hours ago, Tatann said:

The main issue with Vauban is that he is a "video game engineer" without a turret.

Even in fantasy games like Torchlight, the engineer class has a turret (and a mobile one in that case)

If we want a mobile turret, cause his other powers are stationary, but don't want a MOA turret with a stupid AI, then DE, please give a shoulder-mounted turret, like the one from Destroyer class in Mass Effect 3 MP, with switchable firing modes

We have a turret her name is MESA

• Like 2

Make Vaubon great again! 

Drones. 

Defensive bubble like nullifiers. 

Ignore enemy nullifiers and radar jammers. 

Mix those in with what he currently has, remove what is not needed. 

Consider a grenade launcher weapon buffed in his hands much like Baruuk and his sword/shield. (I think some exaulted weapons should consider being implemented this way in the future) 

Edited by (NSW)Evilpricetag

1 minute ago, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

Make Vaubon great again! 

Drones. 

Defensive bubble like nullifiers. 

Ignore enemy nullifiers and radar jammers. 

Mix those in with what he currently has, remove what is not needed. 

Consider a grenade launcher weapon buffed in his hands much like Baruuk and his sword/shield.

and then make a wall

• Like 1

His Tesla should be terrifying asf against enemy similar to Grineer arc trap against tenno. Low shield = begone.

Tesla mine reworked into "aoe mine" that zap within range dealing extra damage to enemy defenses. Mean it need to deal like mini nuke volt but short range. So vortex + Tesla with rework is now break and butter for cleaning up enemies.

Some minelayers need to replaced or removed. Bounce is perfect for interception, Shred good against armor but has low scale to buff armor strip from increasing strength. Trip Laser need to be replaced and Concuss need to be reworked.

Tesla rework:

Spawn electric mine that zap all enemies within 5 radius (10meter aoe), the zap deal 500 electric per second until duration is gone. Tesla mine deal more the longer enemy take damage.

Shred rework:

Shield and armor can be removed up to 50% + amplify damage taken by 50%.

Concuss rework:

Concuss mine when triggered will spawn radiation cloud that deal 500 radiation per second with 15 range for 10 seconds.

Trip Laser replaced by Drone :

Drone will deal 500 puncture damage + 20% damage based from equipped weapon

Drone's attack is an automatic supra rifle with fire rate of 10.00.

Drone last 15 seconds.

Drone also passively increase shield regeneration by 100% and overshield by 500.

Immune to attack damage but take crowd control by enemies.

Drone cannot be spawned multiple times and will replaced by new one and kill of the previous.

1 hour ago, XenMaster said:

Some minelayers need to replaced or removed. Bounce is perfect for interception, Shred good against armor but has low scale to buff armor strip from increasing strength. Trip Laser need to be replaced and Concuss need to be reworked.

Maybe change it so it detonates all remaining tesla grenades for large amounts of damage (more if they were charged).

I really like Vauban. The only issues i have with him is that he can be quite squishy. I also don't like his Minelayer ability. It is very lackluster and is extremely awkward for me to use on a controller. The time spent selecting the one useful in a certain situation could be better used to just head shot the enemy instead. I feel that he is a solid frame otherwise though.

• Like 1

As a player that identifies as a Vauban main...

1. On console, his 2nd ability swapping doesn't function on controllers with default (or slightly different) control schemes.  There's no good way to use the 2nd ability, too, since touchpad swipes kinda sorta try to cycle through the choices.  Can't cycle through Minelayer, Bounce, etc, and can't use them without some semi- drastic and uncomfortable controller remapping, which isn't reasonable for a player to have to do for one Warframe in the entire game.

2. Bastille is in need of a buff.  A number of more recent Warframes have a Bastille-analogous ability that completely outshines it.

3. Tesla is kinda crap.

4. Vauban is surprisingly delicate for situations in which his abilities should be most useful.  As a crowd control/support sort of Warframe, he ought to be a bit tankier and have better default ability range and strength.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Hooligantuan said:

As a player that identifies as a Vauban main...

1. On console, his 2nd ability swapping doesn't function on controllers with default (or slightly different) control schemes.  There's no good way to use the 2nd ability, too, since touchpad swipes kinda sorta try to cycle through the choices.  Can't cycle through Minelayer, Bounce, etc, and can't use them without some semi- drastic and uncomfortable controller remapping, which isn't reasonable for a player to have to do for one Warframe in the entire game.

2. Bastille is in need of a buff.  A number of more recent Warframes have a Bastille-analogous ability that completely outshines it.

3. Tesla is kinda crap.

4. Vauban is surprisingly delicate for situations in which his abilities should be most useful.  As a crowd control/support sort of Warframe, he ought to be a bit tankier and have better default ability range and strength.

Hes 2 wrx fine on console. Default controller mapping.

He needs more girth to be sure... Hes squishy. His 3 shouldnt be effected by power strength. Should be able to hold a flat amount of enemies... Like khoras ult.

Am 27.12.2018 um 07:01 schrieb RX-3DR:

It's the usual problem with the community. Anything that doesn't fulfill a lockdown a whole map role, instant healing/massive damage reduction role or wipe whole map with a few button role is considered "useless" because "I can just use X instead to cheese the game". Do remember, these are the people who will say Oberon and Harrow are useless because Trinity exists even though those 3 frames operate on very different roles that have an overlap on healing.

Vauban needs some tweaking with his abilities and his base stats. The calls for a complete overhaul is likely never going to result in any real satisfaction unless becomes a different flavor of the top meta.

I wonder why this thread has grown to 3 pages when everything has been said already in the 3rd post ^^

You need 1 ability to CC or kill everything and like people suggested here, 1 ability that adds 90% damage reduction because otherwise the noobs cant survive 😛

And to all the guys saying "2 of his 4 abilities are useless, thats why".

Guess what, Nobody cares for Mesa's 1 and 2 aswell, but the community loves her.

Why? she can shred everything with just the ult while being hard to kill with damage reduction, thats all people want.

Nobody cared for Embers or banshees first 3 abilities before the 4th got nerfed, so stop pretending that you want some kind of good kit where you use each ability if you just wanna kill or cc everything that comes in a radius of 50m close to you while being basically invincible.

1 hour ago, DreisterDino said:

I wonder why this thread has grown to 3 pages when everything has been said already in the 3rd post ^^

You need 1 ability to CC or kill everything and like people suggested here, 1 ability that adds 90% damage reduction because otherwise the noobs cant survive 😛

And to all the guys saying "2 of his 4 abilities are useless, thats why".

Guess what, Nobody cares for Mesa's 1 and 2 aswell, but the community loves her.

Why? she can shred everything with just the ult while being hard to kill with damage reduction, thats all people want.

Nobody cared for Embers or banshees first 3 abilities before the 4th got nerfed, so stop pretending that you want some kind of good kit where you use each ability if you just wanna kill or cc everything that comes in a radius of 50m close to you while being basically invincible.

I care for Mesa's 2 a lot, though. I find it far more useful than her 4. With a Tiberon Prime you can shred anything fine without her 4, but being able to disable everyone around you is extremely useful and greatly boosts your longevity.

Edited by rune_me

Well...

• Passive - This one is kinda decent. Could be more interesting, but it's useful enough
  • Tesla - Lowlevel killer, nothing else. The "rework" it got (the chargeup) is entirely useless and was a waste of dev time to implement.
  • Minelayer - Everything this does is useless, because it's all almost just single target. He's the main proof that the cycle-mechanics only belongs on 'frames where it's thought through (like on Ivara, which can insta-use her Quiver arrows with altfire when her Artemis Bow is equipped - and she has stealth to keep her covered while fiddling with the mechanic in the first place).
  • Bastille - It's ok, but has tons of flaws that makes it really "eh".
  • Vortex - Also ok, probably his most functional skill imo. Also, shares a too similar role with Bastille, due to somewhat similar radii, durations and energycosts.
  • In general - He has 7 skills. 6 are CC with minimal synergy. No survivability in a game where there's tons of hitscan enemies who often are even immune to CC (like bosses). His kit is full of redundancies and he is simply just extremely outdated.

My suggestions:

• Passive - I'll keep it as is.
  • Vortex Mine - For 25 energy, toss an orb, which leaves a mine, ready to be triggered by enemies walking near it. Once triggered, it sucks in enemies just like current Vortex for a brief while. Same trigger radius as its effect radius. Once the Vortex ends, it also causes an explosion which deals some flat damage and reduces armor and shields.
    • Augment - Dark Vortex - The explosion also has a 30/50/70/100% chance to trigger a Radiation-proc.
  • Bunker - For 50 energy, toss an orb which forms into a relatively small "snow globe"-like defensive bubble upon landing in the environment, with limitted but regenerating shields for health (if the shield is destroyed, it can still reappear if it has duration remaining). Max 6 can be placed at once. Allies can shoot through them. Increases rate of fire and reloadspeed for Vauban/allies who are inside.
    • Augment - Fortification - Restores X shields per second (can overshield - and works for the Bunker too!) and regenerates X% of max ammo per second of all your weapons.
  • Bastille - No capture limit, but max 2 Bastilles can be placed at once. Allies who get inside are buffed with a bulletjump bonus, which lingers on them for a while after exitting.
    • Augment - Death Verdict - All enemies captured by a Bastille share X% of their damage taken - status effects included.
  • Turret - Tosses an orb which constructs a hi-tech stationary mechanical turret. Shoots similar to Astilla (projectile travel, moderate AoE, physical damage shared evenly between IPS). The turret turns rather slowly and has limitted health. Can be modified in its damage like an Exalted weapon. Max 2 can be placed at once. If placed on the ground (i.e. not on walls/ceiling), Vauban can interact with it to shoot with it manually, which then boasts higher RoF than if automated.
    • Augment - Tesla Tower - Each turret now also has X amount of Tesla-balls attached to it, shooting lightning at nearby enemies, with a guaranteed Electric proc. Base damage is low (and is electric), but is modified by your Turret modding (maybe?)

There ya go. No more redundancy:

• Vortex Mine for gathering enemies and weakening their defenses - Augment aids with some lingering CC (to counters Ancients and such, similar to current Concuss)
  • Bunker for allied defense and "bunker-feeling" with some gun-amping - Augment aids with (over)shields and ammo.
  • Bastille for CC and allied bulletjump bonus - Augment makes it a slaughterhouse with a damage-share effect
  • Turret for damage-dealing, but which requires the other skills to keep it safe (Bunker for guarding it directly, Bastille to make enemies harmless, Vortex Mine to keep enemies bunched up for better damage) - Augment makes it a bit safer on its own, along with some ever-so-slightly added damage.

That also means that everything that used to exist is, in some form, is mostly kept intact (sorta):

• Tesla's turret-like function is kept in well, Turret. In the augment, Tesla is more directly kept, but in its own way.
  • Minelayer:
    • Bounce - The intended mobility-aid is "kept", by having Bastille buff allied bulletjumps (less trolling, more player-control)
    • Concuss - The radiation effect is kept in Vortex Mine's augment
    • Shred - Armor-reduction and direct damage is kept in Vortex Mine's end explosion.
    • Tripwire - Only thing not kept. But it was a really subpar skill anyway.
  • Bastille is kept somewhat intact
  • Vortex is made shorterlasting, but in proximity-mine-form and cheaper, via Vortex Mine. This makes it less redundant, as its main role is now to gather enemies quickly (and debuff them), rather than being a lasting CC-effect (which is now the main role of only Bastille)
  • All that, while adding a completely new effect/role to his kit - A defensive option, via Bunker's effects.

Edited by Azamagon

3 hours ago, rune_me said:

I care for Mesa's 2 a lot, though. I find it far more useful than her 4. With a Tiberon Prime you can shred anything fine without her 4, but being able to disable everyone around you is extremely useful and greatly boosts your longevity.

Her 2 also boosts dmg output. She a well built frame. Vaubans 1 and 2 need a tad bit of love and he needs sum survivability. Thats it. His passive, 3 and 4 are great.