Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo causing players stress

AshenBaroque

1 hour ago, ranks21 said:

this is a game of fast interactions, limbo hinders those and slows it down<> there is no such thing as a good limbo player in a team, I haven't come across any since he was released they are proned to f-up as time goes on and the battle gets intense.

this is dependent on use case.  for the defense of any item that can be one-shot (excavation/kuva survival) or the defense of the operator in rescue/sortie defense as his bubble protects the pod form all enemies and the fire while being a duration based ability by decasting and recasting his 2 you can keep any single target protected almost indefinitely, the issue is he is a CC warframe that makes use of 2 plains of existence to do so.  he works best in time-gated modes that don't need kills like interception where the max range duration cataclysm can lock down almost the entire map reducing the number of adds that you have to fight.  The problem is not that he is not capable of team play in some ways he is very good at it but if he messes up it can be a problem.  

a Frost can be a nuisance as well and I find more bad necroses than Limbos when I play (I main Oberon) his biggest problems is that he is one of the more technical frames in the game and needs mission specific builds.  this then makes his kit useless if they bring the wrong build (the defense build will not work in interception and vice versa)

2 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

Image result for thinking emoji why should others have to cater to your limbo is beyond me, this could lead to pk the limbos until they cant revive 

Kind of like how you seem to be suggesting Limbo should not get to use the majority of his skillset to make other people happy.

As for the other person that responded to me, I have played the game, shockingly, so yes I know about all the fast moving action.

Limbo can do things quite fast. People who know what they are doing slow themselves down for the sake of the party already. I have a limbo solo build because some of the stuff I would be doing with it would drive a party insane.

I mean people will complain if you banish them, and that's an aoe thing. It doesn't matter than you are banishing enemies all around them they could kill them swiftly roll away and out of the rift, the sheer act of being rifted enrages them. Kind of why I don't have a safe haven build.

Anyway, I am shocked that this has turned into a Limbo hate thread. It's not like that happens every single time there's a thread whining about him simply using his abilities.

Also, if you can find a way to PK other players within a PvE environment so they stop playing (or lol, you know, abort) then fill me in because I've wanted to do that multiple times.

This is a pretty cool idea and I also love limbo and looking forward to his sentient themed deluxe. However while I wouldn't want him changed or nerfed anymore I fear people will just find something other than visuals to complain about till his set gets crushed down to ember levels.

limbo in teams is just spamming 4+2 on (mobile) defense/excavation with duration as high as you can get it. in case a nullfier is approaching it's the limbo's job to take him out before he takes out the cataclysm bubble. use 1+2 for problematic enemies like high-level noxes to clear out the playing field of lesser enemies before tackling the nox alone. there's really little to limbo aside from that in multiplay.

5 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

There's been quite a lot of Limbo Topics lately, here's the quick QOL Fixes

• Banished Targets have a ghost/ethereal visual to them outside the Rift.
    • Banish No Longer Works On Players
    • Rift Wake (Passive) is removed

Enjoy

Why remove his passive? It only hurts other players when they stupidly walk into the portal.

I've been seeing more Limbos lately in sorties, rescue and mobile defense where they excel in doing the objective. The problem with Limbo is in defense where trolls or players unaware of the "speed and efficiency" wanted from the mode for affinity grind, gives them a bad reputation. 

7 hours ago, AshenBaroque said:

Limbo is an amazing frame with one major drawback, the people you're with.

The issue lies in it not being clear enough for non limbo players whether or not they or their target is in the rift. This leads to frustration and in turn causes people to have a general distaste and discomfort around limbo players. (among other more player specific issues i'm sure)

I would like to suggest making the rift look more obvious, possibly with a MUCH more obvious particle set, give it that 'Silent Hill as night arrives' look. force it to add decals or some kind of effect beyond just cell shading and a filter. We need to make it painfully obvious that they aren't in Kansas anymore.

I love limbo, i love his abilities, i hate the stigma.

I hear ya...

Sadly, even if they were highlighted in a blazing bright red, people would still complain.

How do we know? They complained about the marking on Bladestorm.

I have had the luxury of running into Limbo players who actually are aware that they're in a team as of late, I have to say, its a nice feeling when you have a Limbo who isn't mindlessly spamming Banish on everything (including players) or putting down his 4 in a doorframe or one directional hallway.

The Limbo players I've seen who I've been glad to have on my team are always aware of their allies, and to aid those Limbos who are aware of their allies, I have learned about Limbo and how to work with them.

But no amount of knowledge on a non-Limbo's side can help if the Limbo player is just going "unga-bunga" on a keyboard because a bad limbo can disable 1/2 of your entire toolkit, (secondaries and primaries) and this is where the stigma comes from.

All I can say is try to be more aware of your team and the frames that they are using as well as the weapons that they have equipped (eg if they have a sniper rifle maybe think of a better position for your 4 than right in front of them) and you'll find more players willing to meet you halfway.

6 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Yeah I always wondered WTF prevents developers from making actual visual effects for rifted things similar to roar where only blind wont notice its on you. Its bad af. 2 for game design whoever made effects for limbo. 

Its worth noting that added visual effects can cause strain on people's systems, especially on the mid to low end systems.

While I don't deny that they need something to make Limbo's abilities a bit more noticeable, too many intense visual effects can cause problems in visual rendering and smooth gameplay.

1 минуту назад, Aldain сказал:

Its worth noting that added visual effects can cause strain on people's systems, especially on the mid to low end systems.

While I don't deny that they need something to make Limbo's abilities a bit more noticeable, too many intense visual effects can cause problems in visual rendering and smooth gameplay.

In all honestly? No one should care about such things, upgrade your pc and make it a toggle like many other things in the game. I cant believe adding flat limbos energy color to whatever is rifted would blow some toasters of a pc. 

hey bro, i play warframe to shoot stuff and zip around like a space ninja, have for years. a frame who's ability hinders me from shooting the things? pfft, NO THANKS. Frost is a far less annoying alternative. limbo is just an ugly looking frame too. Limbo? more like, getthefkoutmy face yo, right dudes? Yeah.