Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo causing players stress

AshenBaroque

8 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Plus, no energy required to open it.  

The Portal left behind a pain in the a** in the majority of situations, even for the Limbo themselves if they're pursuing a more active, guerrilla-like playstyle. I expect that's what the complaints are referring to. Rolling near consoles, or trying to stay in the same place using riftwalk as a dodge. It doesn't even look nice - it doesn't match the orientation of entry. Frankly, it's annoying for most people and rarely helpful. I'd prefer a riftwalk that doesn't open a portal, thank you very much.  Of course, don't remove the ability to enter the rift, but the portal left behind can be left in a previous version of the game in my opinion.

1 hour ago, TheRealShade said:

Wait, melee works on banished enemies? When did that happen?

They're probably referring to in the rift whilst stasis is up. Some people don't remember that Stasis affecting projectiles went away just before his Prime.

7 hours ago, _Dan said:

hey bro, i play warframe to shoot stuff and zip around like a space ninja, have for years. a frame who's ability hinders me from shooting the things? pfft, NO THANKS. Frost is a far less annoying alternative. limbo is just an ugly looking frame too. Limbo? more like, getthefkoutmy face yo, right dudes? Yeah.

lol man i agree.
As a noob I played Limbo constantly and loved him and as more experienced player I started to hate him, even with the changes Limbo still is a troll frame.

16 minutes ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

I didnt say banished enemies, I was say is work when Limbo uses his 4th ability it works melee and your squad mate abilities u can use it too, but not with Primary and Secondary.

That's not true tho? You can shoot enemies inside Cataclysm, they changed that a while ago so your projectiles don't get frozen by stasis anymore.

19 hours ago, AshenBaroque said:

I would like to suggest making the rift look more obvious, possibly with a MUCH more obvious particle set, give it that 'Silent Hill as night arrives' look. force it to add decals or some kind of effect beyond just cell shading and a filter. We need to make it painfully obvious that they aren't in Kansas anymore.

Honestly...

This is an amazing idea. This really would make the Rift something cool to experience & kind of haunting as well.

It's not suppose to be a pleasant place anyways.

It would take a little work on DE's part but it totally would make it easier to know what the F is going on.

I know folks just want to hate on Limbo but seriously we should support this idea.

OP you need to submit this in the feedback section.

9 hours ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Most people I've played with have no clue how he works and made the gameplay just awful..

unless you want to make tutorial how to use limbo.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

The misinformation and outright spite is strong here....

I can't blame you, but at lest I let you know welcome to chaos side where you are thrown into nutshell.

While we're at it, I've seen the same issue with Nekro's 4 and Revenants similiar ability. What worst is that Revenants controlled enemies can be killed. I don't know how that frame works exactly, but I do feel a slight bit of guilt after accidentally killing those turned enemies. Also, it makes me wonder if that ability is really of any use since the player minions are subject to friendly fire.

Edited by (PS4)FatMacBrbn

1 hour ago, (PS4)FatMacBrbn said:

While we're at it, I've seen the same issue with Nekro's 4 and Revenants similiar ability. What worst is that Revenants controlled enemies can be killed. I don't know how that frame works exactly, but I do feel a slight bit of guilt after accidentally killing those turned enemies. Also, it makes me wonder if that ability is really of any use since the player minions are subject to friendly fire.

rev's thralls unfortunately have to be killed on defence/interception for the next wave. just as easily you could keep them around to stall the next wave if the defence target needs to regen. but yeah, limbo is the main topic of conversation here and all i can say is that how a limbo player on a team performs depends on how well the player understands him, but he has his limits too.

2 hours ago, spirit_of_76 said:

they exist look them up this one is one of the better ones I have found 

remember of the possible year and update still have to occur to the current time on the update of limbo, but if this close enough good detail then yea it be alright follow and yes I follow this guy channel to see good updates occurs.  Still there should be many new guide but not lots people love limbo and see it as another troll frame. As the troll they would say

Spoiler

113hw4.jpg ezy to deal with noobs

Limbo doesn't bother me.

Good players bring a lot to the table. Bad players try to troll.

Honestly all you need to do is play limbo yourself to understand the mechanics and it's easy to deal with.

If someone goes out of their way to troll, I just let them carry me while I idle. Simple.

3 minutes ago, IIDMOII said:

Limbo doesn't bother me.

Good players bring a lot to the table. Bad players try to troll.

Honestly all you need to do is play limbo yourself to understand the mechanics and it's easy to deal with.

If someone goes out of their way to troll, I just let them carry me while I idle. Simple.

060ec21017e667e3f8041664f8fb7b6b9cc8bbae

On 2019-01-15 at 3:10 AM, Kerberos-3 said:

Why remove his passive? It only hurts other players when they stupidly walk into the portal.

No, no, his passive is still the same (shift to go into Void), the only thing is removed from it, is the little wake it leaves behind (cuz its useless anyways)

On 2019-01-14 at 9:47 PM, MagPrime said:

But I like those last two...

They're great when a Limbo player drops it on someone who needs energy or during a nightmare mission, keeping the team invulnerable. 

I have a idea on how they are able to go into the void without "lol your in the void now" thing.

Limbo built for strength can be madening to play with as a new player who wants to get kills. The limbo will get almost all the kills and the new players will get amost non. Also with the wrong setup you will have troble getting kills. For example the atomos will kill the one enemy inside the rift but not the ones outside it.

That being said limbo built for range is a good match for a sniper or a saryn or a Warframe that uses a lot of energy. With the right setups limbo can be a great addition to the team. But in my opinion limbo should be a support not a damage dealer unless being played solo.

Limbo's problem is its design, not the players. Because Limbo is designed to protect the enemy and prevents Tenno to attack them, its very existence is a bane to us. Although some of us do use his advantage and try to not distrub us, but simply popping his ability is usually helps the enemy, not us.

The point is, he protects the enemy whatever the player is the intended troll or not, which obviously prove that its very design is the root of the problem.

And his awful reputation already proves that it is hard to not become the enemy of Tenno when picks Limbo. I don't say that it is impossible to become a 'good' Limbo, as I actually have seen many 'good' Limbos during the game experience, but as you know such Limbos are the absolute minority, or why he has such a bad reputation second to none at the first place?

Unless he has a full rework, I don't think that we can solve anything. And we need to know that DE has the responsibility for all the disaster caused by him, not who picks Limbo. Man, we don't have the time to slander each other. Just get the root of the problem and we will have the better result, rather than point out each other and simply waste the time and ruin the community.

Anyway, isn't the thread better suited on the feedback forum?

Edited by DroopingPuppy

On 2019-01-15 at 12:10 PM, Kerberos-3 said:

Why remove his passive? It only hurts other players when they stupidly walk into the portal.

The trap that want to catch us and hampers our advance, you mean? IF we can saw this we are able to avoid this, but usually that trap is created on the middle of the passage we need to pass, and we are either need to slow down the advance and avoid this or accidently step on it and have to roll and out of the rift.

Else, sometimes it is impossible to move around the trap and we have to rush through this as well.

If he rolls near of us, especially bottom of us, we are usually step on the trap when dodging the enemy attacks as well, and we don't have the eyes on our back of the head, you know(although the warframes doesn't have the eyes on their face, but we can see the front anyways).

That's the main reason why I have to roll too much times when I have a Limbo 'buddy'. It gets worse when he intended to try to trap me into the rift.

And, you need to aware that why the people blames Limbo - because its very existence, and every single step on him are interrupt us. 'hurts the other players' is already enough reason to argue, actually, unless 'the other players' are the enemy. But if you view the other players as the enemy, why you are playing co-op missions at the first place? What you need to go is the Conclave.

Well, I don't think that prevent him to rush through the rift easily, so roll to enter the rift have really no problem. It just need to not making the trap any longer, and Limbo will not distrub us more than now. Although his reputation is couldn't be much worse already.

Edited by DroopingPuppy

My current stance on Limbo is as follows:

If you removed Limbo from the game, took my favorite warframe and called her Limbo, I would still hate Limbo and leave any squad with a Limbo in it.

It's not a reasonable stance, there's nothing rational about my treatment of Limbo and Limbo players, but here we are. I was egregiously abused by Limbo users in the past. Then I treated some Limbo users extremely poorly in return. I was warned by mods here and in-game. I lost my Reddit account because of Limbo drama. I lost loot and time trying to avoid Limbos. I'm fully entrenched in pure hatred for Limbo and I will die in this hole I've dug for myself.

Fortunately the vast majority of my time in Warframe is spent solo. Container hunts, easter egg searches, conservations, mining and fishing... I really hope DE continues caring for the solo experience, because in a world with political correctness, toxicity, trolling and everything else, solo play is a solace.

On 2019-01-16 at 2:23 PM, (NSW)Razznik said:

Limbo built for strength can be madening to play with as a new player who wants to get kills. The limbo will get almost all the kills and the new players will get amost non. Also with the wrong setup you will have troble getting kills. For example the atomos will kill the one enemy inside the rift but not the ones outside it.

That being said limbo built for range is a good match for a sniper or a saryn or a Warframe that uses a lot of energy. With the right setups limbo can be a great addition to the team. But in my opinion limbo should be a support not a damage dealer unless being played solo.

Limbo built for range is why people hate limbo