Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So much money...

Velaethia

I have spent WAY too much money on warframe. I like the game, and want to support the devs. But like I just bought 2.1k plat for $50! I won't buy plat at full price but when I get that 50% coupon I have a hard time resisting. I also bought several prime packs. I don't even wanna know how much I've spent! I'm quite sure DE appreciates it. I am by no means wealthy. I grew up in extreme poverty and now middle class. I should be paying down my debt with my excess funds... but my warframe addictions calls to me. I suppose if I smoked I'd likely spend more money on that a month then I do on warframe... that doesn't actually make me feel any better.

Anyone else have problems spending too much on warframe?

Edited by Velaethia
  • Like 4

Yeah, very easy to get carried away with such things. This is why I've been tracking my spending from day 1, and committed myself to resolutely spending no more than my personal valuation of this game. As a result, I haven't spent a cent over $50.

Edited by KnossosTNC

I have spent a fair bit of cash on this game. But I also have well over 1,000 hours played. The amount of entertainment I have gotten per dollar I have spent more than makes up for it. I also have never really had all that much in my bank account at any given time. I am still very responsible financially and my credit score has only been shooting up. Spending about as much as you would to feed a family during one restaurant trip, every few months on Warframe, isn't an irresponsible choice. Especially if you are enjoying the time you spend with the game. If you keep spending money just to try and seem relevant in the game...maybe the wrong reason. 

But every single item I have achieved thanks to my platinum reserves really keeps fanning the passion I have for the game. As long as DE keeps making it worth while, I will continue to spend money now and then to support the game and keep my imagination running wild. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, McGoodGreen said:

I have spent a fair bit of cash on this game. But I also have well over 1,000 hours played. The amount of entertainment I have gotten per dollar I have spent more than makes up for it. I also have never really had all that much in my bank account at any given time. I am still very responsible financially and my credit score has only been shooting up. Spending about as much as you would to feed a family during one restaurant trip, every few months on Warframe, isn't an irresponsible choice. Especially if you are enjoying the time you spend with the game. If you keep spending money just to try and seem relevant in the game...maybe the wrong reason. 

But every single item I have achieved thanks to my platinum reserves really keeps fanning the passion I have for the game. As long as DE keeps making it worth while, I will continue to spend money now and then to support the game and keep my imagination running wild. 

I have about 800 hours. So yeah I love the game. To be fair you if you compare it to going to the movies I'm still probably paying less per hours of entertainment. 

6 hours ago, Velaethia said:

I have spent WAY too much money on warframe. I like the game, and want to support the devs. But like I just bought 2.1k plat for $50! I won't buy plat at full price but when I get that 50% coupon I have a hard time resisting. I also bought several prime packs. I don't even wanna know how much I've spent! I'm quite sure DE appreciates it. I am by no means wealthy. I grew up in extreme poverty and now middle class. I should be paying down my debt with my excess funds... but my warframe addictions calls to me. I suppose if I smoked I'd likely spend more money on that a month then I do on warframe... that doesn't actually make me feel any better.

Anyone else have problems spending too much on warframe?

I understand you, when I was playing on PC and I got 50/75 plat discount it was problem to resist. You are definitely not alone.

Now I'm playing on PS4 and you don't get platinum discounts there (only discounts for ingame market). If you want to avoid that "urges" then switch to console (PS4, XB1, Switch). 😉 I spend whole day with mouse+keyboard at work and I also find controller to be more relaxing and comfortable.

I'm still spending money but it's more "strategic" decision. I spent 200+ over last 5 years. I play usually 3-4months per year. The game is still too grindy and it droves me away after some time. However I return each year to check new content, and get all those new shiny warframes!!!

Edited by (PS4)shann_cz

Congratulations, you just did what DE wanted you to do, you just showed that DE"s strategy works.

The objective of Warframe as a free game is to tempt people on spending whiteout trowing micro transactions on their face, by doing so (unlike EA) people will spend cash on plat whenever they see the discounts, because, well, people are comfortable whit Warframe, they dont need to, but the temptation is higher because of how comfortable you are whit the game has a business and the "I want to support the devs excuse".

I can say that i have spent money extrictly on cosmetics, lets be honest, prime amours and syandanas are way too tempting, has a huge fan of the Orokin style i just cant let them pass.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b said:

Congratulations, you just did what DE wanted you to do, you just showed that DE"s strategy works.

It's called a win/win. I prefer their business practices and content to that of EA. So I'd prefer they stay this way rather then go the way of EA. So I give them money to show this works.

Whenever I get a 75% discount I get 1k plat, which usually happens about once every two months, so that's 12.5x6=75 plus the Edo Prime cosmetic bundle, where I couldn't help myself, about 100 in total. Which I find manageable for an year of playing.

Then, I swear, when I see myself with some plat I spend it on the most useless things imaginable. I don't think there is an exclusive skin that I don't own, I'm sure I've wasted over 500 plat on speeding foundry/dojo builds and I've bought so much forma bundles I could probably build an Orokin tower.

If you find the urge of buying plat uncontrollable, I think it's a good idea to make some plat in-game through trades so you can at least make some purchases without spending money (and not to mention, without grinding). I know that not all items are purchasable with plat (Prime Pack exclusives are not available for example) but trade plat helps a lot.

5 hours ago, Velaethia said:

It's called a win/win. I prefer their business practices and content to that of EA. So I'd prefer they stay this way rather then go the way of EA. So I give them money to show this works.

I agree. We are allowed to spend our money on whatever we’d like. If I get pleasure and entertainment out of something, I may want to pay some more to continue... I’ve probably spend around $300.00 on Warframe in the six months I’ve been playing... piles of hours of enjoyment. Support the things you enjoy and relax, we are lucky to be able to do so if we please. 

Khora anyone?

Edited by Softballbryan

I must be around $1000 at this point and I'm not even mad. I'm happy to be paying the wages at DE, glad that I helped get this game going with my founder pack.  

I look at it this way...   

I don't drink. I don't smoke. I don't pay for over priced cable TV. I have two hobbies; gaming and shooting. Every few months I'll drop a couple hundred on ammo which I literally burn so if I spend $50 on a prime bundle just for cosmetics but that bundle lasts me the life of the game I see that as money well spent. A cup of coffee at your favorite chain is $5 now. That's a syndana and I'll drink water that day instead. 

Over 6yrs I have no issues with how much I've given DE. Instead I'm seriously butthurt over spending $80 on SW BattleFront 2. $60 on BFwhateverversionitisnow. S#&$ I'm still angry about paying for MoH back in the day. These AAA publishers have taken a small amount from me compared to DE but I regret every penny because none of them delivered.  

#*!% EA.

18 minutes ago, Modeaus said:

I must be around $1000 at this point and I'm not even mad. I'm happy to be paying the wages at DE, glad that I helped get this game going with my founder pack.  

I look at it this way...   

I don't drink. I don't smoke. I don't pay for over priced cable TV. I have two hobbies; gaming and shooting. Every few months I'll drop a couple hundred on ammo which I literally burn so if I spend $50 on a prime bundle just for cosmetics but that bundle lasts me the life of the game I see that as money well spent. A cup of coffee at your favorite chain is $5 now. That's a syndana and I'll drink water that day instead. 

Over 6yrs I have no issues with how much I've given DE. Instead I'm seriously butthurt over spending $80 on SW BattleFront 2. $60 on BFwhateverversionitisnow. S#&$ I'm still angry about paying for MoH back in the day. These AAA publishers have taken a small amount from me compared to DE but I regret every penny because none of them delivered.  

#*!% EA.

THANK YOU. I also payed a lot but:

1. Its a good game

2. I get value for my money (in my opinion)

3. I help to keep the game running

4. I know that will play it at least another 1000 hours

5. I dont smoke or drink alcohol so I have a bit more than other people

Edited by DerGreif2